Chapter 8

YeTeuk - It had to be you

I went to bed early, tired from that day’s activity of taking care of young girls. Not ten minutes later, I could feel Yesung sliding under the blankets too, and I got closer to him to hug him. I fell asleep in no time.

 

At around 5 in the morning, I felt Yesung getting up. I stayed in bed, knowing he was going to work. I would have to wait until he had a day off before getting to know him more and getting him to trust me more.

 

I slept for two more hours. When I opened my eyes again, I had to force myself not to jump. A cute little curious face was right above mine, and cute little curious eyes were staring at me like I was some insect in a glass jar.

 

“What the…”

 

“Hi! Morning! Unnie ‘Na made food, but there isn’t enough food for everyone, so we ate all of it and you’ll have to find something else to eat.”

 

“What?...”

 

“Also, unnie Ama is glued to her laptop writing some story, so she won’t make anything for lunch. Anyways, she can’t cook, so you’ll have to do it.”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“And with Mara and Ame, we’re going to shop in town in thirty minutes, so you’ll have to bear unnie Ama’s horrible personality all day long. Good luck! Now get up and move!”

 

She jumped down the bed and left the room, leaving me completely disorientated in Yesung’s bed. When I finally left the room too, I found the twins and Ame preparing for shopping, and Ama glued to her laptop just like one of the twins - Kai? - had told me. I managed to find some bread with peanut butter and sat next to her at the table. She looked at me with annoyed eyes and changed place before continuing to write.

 

“I guess you don’t want me to read…”

 

“Smart guy. Now eat and shut up, I’m trying to concentrate.”

 

Horrible personality, indeed. I quickly finished eating and went to watch TV, not wanting to be in the same room as her for too long. One hour passed before I heard her leaving the house. When she came back, her little sisters were with her. The little ones - almost all taller than her, though - entered the apartment before, and I could hear her say “Thanks a lot, Kyu!” before she entered and closed the door behind her. She sounded strangely happy.

 

Someone jumping on the couch near me startled me, and I sighed when I saw the twins staring at me with curious eyes. Ame took another seat while Ama was going to the table with her laptop. I stayed there in silence, not knowing what to do or to say. Until one of the twins smiled brightly.

 

“I think unnie Ama is soon going to have a boyfriend!”

 

The other one pouted.

 

“Not fair! I want a boyfriend too…”

 

Ame intervened.

 

“Not fair, he’s cute!”

 

They started a huge conversation and I got up, leaving the room. I wasn’t exactly comfortable with this kind of conversation, so I just went to the table and sat at the opposite end of where Ama was. She was back to her grumpy mode and typing quickly. I was curious about something, but I was afraid she would just growl at me if I asked.

 

I must’ve been staring at her, because she stopped writing and glared at me.

 

“What do you want?”

 

I shook my head, snapping out of it.

 

“Oh, sorry. I was just wondering. Why is Elena the only one not Asian in your family?”

 

Surprisingly, she didn’t growl at me or anything, and she simply finished typing something before closing her laptop and pushing it aside.

 

“Well, it took a while before Mom got pregnant. Before that, she thought she couldn’t have babies, so she adopted unnie ‘Na. That’s why unnie ‘Na is the only one not Asian, but we still completely see her as part of the family.”

 

I nodded softly. It was good to see there were human beings able to just live together even through their differences.

 

The quiet mood was suddenly broken by three girls coming to disturb their older sister.

 

“Unniiiiie! When will you go out with him?”

 

She sighed and growled before taking her laptop and getting up.

 

“Surely not soon. It’s not like I’m special, except for - you said it yourselves - horrible personality.”

 

She went to her room and slammed the door behind her. The three other girls automatically gathered around me.

 

“We know where unnie ‘Na and Ye oppa work! Kyu oppa showed us! We’re going there! Want to come with us?”

 

I raised my brows. Going to where Yesung worked. That was… a pretty good idea. I smiled and got up.

 

“Of course. Let’s go.”

 

They showed me the building, but we couldn’t enter, of course. So we just walked around it and found a little café not far from it. We went there, waiting for Yesung and Elena to leave the building, and when they did, we walked to join them. I let the girls run to them and followed by walking, but a hand suddenly landed heavily on my shoulder and I turned. I sighed when I saw who was there.

 

“Choi Siwon. I thought you were never visiting angels because you’re too busy working for the Lord. Why are you here?”

 

“We have to talk, Park Jungsu.”