Chapter 14

YeTeuk - It had to be you

I left Zhou Mi not long after he had told me about all of this. I needed time to think, so I didn’t go home right away. I walked around the place, making sure I wouldn’t get lost, until someone called my name.

 

“Park Jungsu!”

 

I turned, surprised. I was even more surprised - not in a good way - when I saw Ama’s boyfriend on a bench, looking at me with his dark eyes, smiling - smirking - and showing his perfect teeth. He tried to make me join him, but I growled - I was definitely taking human habits - and turned to continue walking. I heard him run after me and I stopped him right before he put his hand on my shoulder.

 

“Don’t touch me with your filthy demon paws.”

 

He smiled more and moved back his hand.

 

“Filthy? C’mon, I just washed them. So, how is it going with your human?”

 

I growled.

 

“You don’t need to know.”

 

He seemed offended and pouted.
 

“Of course I need to! I used to have to do that too.”

 

“And now, you eat human souls to survive.”

 

“I guess an angel told you that, right?”

 

“Your ex told me that.”

 

He froze for a moment before smiling a bit sadly.

 

“Mimi told you that. I miss him. We broke up when I became a demon so he wouldn’t become a demon too. Don’t get me wrong! I really love Ama! I’m just kind of sad that we didn’t talk to each other at all after that.”

 

“What does that have to do with me?”

 

“Nothing, I was just being nostalgic. So, he told you that. Well, that’s not true! We don’t eat human souls to survive. We eat them to have powers. I discovered that when I ate my first human soul. I never ate souls again after that. My body is naturally stronger than a human being’s, so I don’t really need powers. Which is why I stopped obeying the old man. I didn’t like to trick humans for my own benefit.”

 

I sighed and walked faster. I didn’t want to talk with a demon. I didn’t want to become one. I walked faster, but he followed me without any problem. Of course. He was taller than me and his legs were longer.

 

I finally stopped and turned.

 

“What do you want from me?!”

 

“I just want to help both of you. I know how difficult this kind of situation is.”

 

“Don’t even try. Just let me alone. I have to think.”

 

He didn’t reply and I continued walking alone. I was a bit further when I heard him laugh: “Thinking is a hard activity. Don’t try too hard, you might get a twisted brain!” I ignored him and continued walking.

 

After a while, I suddenly recognized three silhouettes coming in my direction.

 

“Ame? Mara? Kai?”

 

They had big bags with them and I guessed they had just come back from a BIG shopping session. I decided to treat them with ice cream because it was hot outside, and we sat around a table on a terrace to eat it.

 

“You know, oppa would do anything for you”, Mara said suddenly.

 

“Just like uncles would do anything for Dad”, Ame added.

 

Uncles? New family members?

 

“Dad has two brothers, and he almost spends more time with them than with Mom”, Kai sighed as an explanation. “Comparing these three with Yesung and Leeteuk oppa is stupid.”

 

“Sorry”, Mara softly growled, as she was obviously taking habits from her older sister. “We’re not all as independent as you. I miss Dad.”

 

“You were his favorite, of course you miss him”, Kai growled back.

 

“Girls, please stop, okay? You know uncle Min hates it when you’re fighting each other like that” Ame stopped them.

 

They magically stopped fighting and the older girl smiled to me, explaining:

 

“Uncle Sungmin is the cutest uncle in the world. Uncle Hyukjae spends more time with Dad, but uncle Min spends more time with us. He even taught martial arts to all of us, but he doesn’t like when we’re fighting between us. It reminds him of when they were all young, and because they are boys they fought a lot.”

 

“But uncle Min doesn’t come around anymore. He left with his Korean boyfriend”, Kai sighed.

 

I frowned. There were more homoual humans than I thought there could be.

 

“And what does that do?”

 

“He had the Canadian nationality before, but his boyfriend didn’t have it and he came from Korea, so uncle Min decided to abandon his Canadian nationality to go and live with him”, Mara said, happy to finally be able to explain something.

 

“So… basically, he left all of his family for the one he loves?” I summarized.

 

“Yep”, the three of them nodded.

 

A smile finally came back on my lips. I finally had an idea. I waited for us to be back home before going out again after kissing Yesung, telling him I had an idea but I had to go out for a while again for that. This time, I used my angel brain to communicate directly with Mi.

 

"Meet me to the café in fifteen minutes. I think I have an idea!”