Chapter 10

YeTeuk - It had to be you

‘Is He more important than the one you love?’

 

I walked in Montreal for a while, turning and returning the question non-stop in my mind, here and there, not really caring about where I was. I walked until I was tired, and had to find a place to sleep for the night. Only then did I notice that I was completely lost. I would’ve asked someone how to go home, but I didn’t even how Yesung’s address and, anyways, I couldn’t imagine myself just going back “Hey! I was stupid for not telling you before, I’ll leave everyday but I’ll come back at night to sleep here”. Nah. Really, nah.

 

I decided to continue walking.

 

After a while, I looked around me, frowning. That place… I knew that place. I had been here before. But last time, there were more people and that violinist with chubby cheeks wasn’t there. But I knew that place.

 

Old Montreal, where I had met Yesung. ‘Place Jacques-Cartier’, where he had told me artists often came to show their skills. I approached the violinist who was slowly playing, without anyone around him to listen to him. He smiled when he saw me. I waited until he finished his song before asking him the way to the metro. I knew where to go after that, but I had to find the station first.

 

“Oh, the metro station?” he said, raising his brows. “I can’t ‘tell’ you the way, but I could go with you. I know where it is, but I’m not good at just saying where to go.”

 

“Don’t worry about this! I mean, if you’re busy, I’ll ask someone else.”

 

“I’m not! C’mon!”

 

He packed his violin and bow before he started walking, telling me to follow him. For a moment, I almost wanted to take his hand. Because I could remember how Yesung had taken mine while I was following him in Old Montreal. But I stopped before doing it. This guy was not Yesung, of course.

 

“By the way, I’m Henry”, he suddenly said. “Henry Lau.”

 

“I’m P… Jungsu Park”, I replied, putting my last name after my first name, as he had done the same.

 

“That’s a Korean name! I know a Korean guy, he’s super nice, he lives near ‘Crémazie’. I heard he recently met someone he really likes, but he didn’t introduce him to me yet. Oh yeah, ‘him’, because he’s gay.”

 

I wasn’t paying attention to what he was saying. I didn’t really care actually. I was thinking about what the demon had said before he had entered the apartment. ‘Is He more important than the one you love?’ I shook my head softly. No matter how much I would try to answer ‘yes’, my heart wouldn’t let me.

 

The answer was ‘no’.

 

Would I have to become a demon if I chose Yesung over the Lord? I didn’t want to become one. I didn’t want to become a demon. But I had fallen in love with the human I had to convince.

 

‘Why… why? Why did it have to be you? Of any other person on Earth… of any other person on Earth I could’ve fallen for… it… it had to be you… why? Why did it have to be you?!’ I thought. Seriously. Why did it have to be him? Yesung…

 

It just had to be you. Of course.

 

I suddenly noticed where we were. We were almost there. I was about to tell him I didn’t need help to get there anymore, but he talked before I could say it.

 

“I’ll go and visit him, so I’ll just go with you. Where do you get off?”

 

“Crémazie”, I said.

 

“That’s perfect then! That’s also the place I’m getting off.”

 

It took me a while before I understood we were going to the exact same place. When I noticed, I frowned.

 

“Your friend… is his nickname ‘Yesung’?”

 

“Yeah! Do you know him?”

 

“Yes, he’s…”

 

The one I love, I thought as we were entering the courtyard. The door opened, the demon left the apartment, and I stared at him as he looked at me with an evil smirk before getting in his car and leaving.

 

Henry entered the apartment, and I entered right after him. I searched for Yesung, but he wasn’t there. Where did he go?

 

“He left ten minutes after you did”, Ama told me. “I bet he was searching for you.”

 

“It took Ama’s boyfriend’s advice before he did though”, sighed Elena. “Oppa was sure you didn’t like him for real.”

 

“Hey! He’s still not my…” started Ama, but Kai interrupted her when she saw Henry.

 

“Oppa! Why are you here? And you have your violin with you! Did you come here for my lessons?”

 

Henry smiled and replied something, but I wasn’t listening anymore. I left the apartment. Yesung had left. He was searching for me.

 

I had to find him.