8

A Daydream Away

 

 

The next weekend, Luhan and Nami met at Rainy’s to knit their ideas together. During the days they weren’t able to see each other, they kept in touch via texts and calls. Almost every day Luhan called Nami to check up on her and sometimes to tell her about his ideas on the story.

 

When Nami got to her usual spot, Luhan was already there and so were two bubble tea beverages. A smile broke into her face as she took the seat opposite him. Luhan was wearing oversized glasses that made him look like a cute genius. He had a giant notebook on his hands and a panda pencil case on the table. They began discussing what they’ve thought about.

Luhan, being the brilliant writer that he was, masterfully woven the events of the story together, and swiftly wrote it down on paper. Nami took notice of his curly writing.

“Why didn’t you just bring a laptop or something?” Nami asked. Luhan looked up from his work to her.

“I actually thought of bringing one, but I feel more creative when I write manually on paper,”

He answered, erasing something on the paper. Nami reached her hand out and he let her take a look at it.

 

“Luhan, you might be a good ‘writer’ but your penmanship .” She said, taking a pencil and rewriting the sentence with the messy handwriting.

Luhan removed his glasses, got up, and sat beside Nami, leaning to look as she wrote in a neater shape. She felt her face blushing at his closeness but forced herself to focus on what she was doing.

 

“See, it’s supposed to be this way,” she looked at him and tapped the tip of the pencil on the character. Luhan leaned even closer. Nami was panicking and celebrating at the same time inside.

She couldn’t get her eyes off him as he smiled at what she wrote. And then he looked up as well, not minding the close proximity. Luhan did the unthinkable. His hand reached up to brush the hair off her face as he gently and slowly touched his lips on hers. His lush lips moved against her, like he was whispering something and he went all the way.

 

Nami was frozen like an idiot.

 

Then his phone rang, making the two jump. Luhan leaned away and answered the call while Nami placed her hand on her chest and looked away.

What was that? She thought, feeling her heart beating like a hammer. Her face was still hot.

 

“Nami,” Luhan tapped her on the elbow, but Nami was still blushing and she couldn’t face him. She had no choice but turn to him, but she kept her head down as if examining something interesting on her hands.

“I have to go,” he said, making her look up to him. And Luhan’s face was red too.

“O-okay, see you next time.” Luhan patted her head before he got up and gathered his things and went away.

 

Nami sunk on her seat as she fanned the blush from her face.

 

 

Why is Nami always frozen? If I were her, I wouldn't freeze! Not at all! 

PS: don't kill me for posting this up. Thanks so much.