10

A Daydream Away

 

“I’m his girlfriend,” Ara beamed at the two females in front of her.

Nami couldn’t process a single thought in her mind as Yoonju stepped on her foot. Twice.

“What?”

 

Luhan’s eyes looked at Nami’s bitter poker face. After a while, Nami was forced to look up—all of them were looking at her with worried faces.

“Oh, I’m sorry... I-I was in a trance. What was it, you were saying?” Nami wanted to pull the hair off her head for asking the damned question.

“Oh, you guys aren’t fun at all,” Ara suddenly sulked and leaned her head on Luhan’s shoulder. “ I was just kidding you know!” she rolled her eyes.

“She’s just my girl friend,” Luhan said as he gestured with both of his hands, virtually separating the words girl and friend.

 

What an embarrassment. Nami thought as she forced a laugh at Ara’s prank.

“Well then, Nami and I have another place to go to,” Yoonju stood up and grabbed her bag. Nami looked at her in a daze.

“We do?” she asked, but grabbed her satchel and began to stand up as well.

“Yeah. Remember you promised Jonghoon oppa with his presentation, right?” Yoonju exaggerated the words you and Jonghoon oppa. Luhan looked at Nami’s face.

 

“Oh, okay...”

“Wait, Nami!” Luhan called.

“De, Luhan-ssi?” Nami stopped to look back at him.

“I’ll call you later okay?” Luhan looked at her with an unexplainable intensity that Nami just nodded silently and Yoonju dragged her away.

 

 

“And I thought she was really that Luhan dude’s girlfriend,” Yoonju started while they waited for the bus.

“Yeah... I actually thought my spirit flew away when I heard her say girlfriend. I wanted to grab Luhan’s precious hair and pull it.” She blabbered.

 

Yoonju looked at the face of her best friend, and sensed something.

“You really like him, do you? Like really really really really really really rea-“

“Yes, I do!” Nami confessed, cutting her parade of words as she covered her face with her hands. Yoonju smirked and put an arm around Nami as she patted her shoulder.

“It’s been so long since you’ve been like this, eh?”

Nami sighed in return and then they boarded the bus.

 

***

After sending Ara safely home, he rushed back to the house. He so badly wanted to call Nami and explain things, but their band had an important gig the next day so they had to practice all night.

When the day broke, Luhan’s eyes fluttered open and he immediately dialed Nami’s number.

After a few rings, she answered.

 

“Why are you up so early?” Luhan was a little bit taken aback at her groggy attitude, but didn’t mind it since he wanted to hear her voice.

“I know I have things to explain,” his voice was bright. Luhan got out of bed and went down to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

“Yeah, but it’s like six in the morning,” she whined.

“Oh sorry, I’ll call you later okay?” Luhan slightly frowned at the briefness of their conversation. He wanted to talk to her, but she was right.

“Pshh,”

“I forgot to call you last night coz I had to practice. I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Tell me your address!” he said before she could put the phone down.

“122 Elm street,    “ and the line went dead.

After eating a hearty breakfast, Luhan proceeded to the restroom. He browsed his closet and tried on his favorite clothes and put on his lucky beanie. 



 

no pic for now coz author is busy and this was updated in a hurry. Thank you <3