Five

A Daydream Away

 

Luhan lied down with one arm propped as a pillow under his head. The other members of his band were crammed on the other futons. It was one in the morning but he can’t sleep as he kept on smiling every time he looked at his left hand with Nami’s number written in red ink with a smiley face at the end.

“Luhan stop smiling you’re creeping me out,” Kris said throwing a pillow at Luhan’s tummy.

“I think our Lulu’s in love with the girl earlier,” Xiumin interrupted the older boys.

“Hey, is she the one you always see at Rainy’s?” Kris asked, blocking the pillow Luhan threw back aimed at his face.

“Yeah,”                                                                                            

 

***

 

Nami couldn’t sleep either, but she forced herself afraid she might fail the test tomorrow.

 

Her annoying alarm clock screamed and she was up in a flash. Instead of rushing to the bathroom, she looked at her phone and there were no messages or calls of what sort.

Nami can’t help but admit that she felt a little bit dismayed that Luhan hadn’t texted her. Or was she supposed to text first? But Luhan told her to expect it. Ugh. But maybe he’s still asleep, considering it’s six in the morning. Nami fought with her thoughts all the way to her classes.

 

After three hours of the test, Nami went out of the room unsure. Unsure if Luhan really meant what he said and unsure of her answers in the test.

“Let’s just hope for the best,” she mumbled at both of her problems.

 

While waiting for Yoonju to come around at lunch, the chimes sounded, making Nami jump as she fiddled with her phone. An unknown number had asked her out for a ‘time out’ at a cafe later.

Immediately, she saved Luhan’s number and composed a reply in seconds.

That  would be nice. Just tell me where we should meet up^^

 

“Ey, who’s that?” Yoonju placed her bento on the table.

“Yoonie, I’ve got a date with Luhan!” Nami whispered, but Yoonju took it as a scream of delight.

“Well good luck then. That’s nice; you’re finally going out with someone again,” Yoonju commented stirring her coffee.

“Yeah,” Nami sighed at the thought of her ex.

***

Nami stood at the front gate of her university waiting for Luhan, fixing her hair while he wasn’t there yet.

Almost immediately, she saw his familair blonde hair a few meters away. Nami raised her hand to wave at him, but stopped midair because someone was with Luhan, And she was clinging onto him. Nami dropped her arm and put her hands inside her pockets.

The two people stopped and Luhan gave the girl a pat on the head and she jumped to kiss Luhan on the cheek before she crossed the street and hailed a cab.

Luhan walked towards her and greeted her with the usual smile, but Nami wasn’t able to return it as she only said ‘annyeonghaseayo’ and bowed. 



 

Yo guys! School just beat the lights out of me this week :P But thank you for waiting! And those comments; I know how you guys feel >.< If only, if only- hahaha~