11

A Daydream Away

 

this chapter was deleted. I will flip them tables.



 

Nami was dead tired from last night at Jonghoon’s. Their oppa had a lot of props to make, and being the good dongsaengs they were, Yoonju and Nami painted, cut, and glued them all. They got home past one in the morning.

 

***

                                           

It was seven in the morning and the streets weren’t that crowded in the way Luhan was heading. He stopped by a flower shop and bought a flower and then dropped by at Bubbles & Tea, ordering wintermelon and berry kiwi twilight smootea.

 

After passing by a couple of houses, Luhan stopped at a building and proceeded to the third floor. Stopping at 122, he pressed the doorbell and waited for a response. But there was none.

 

Nami must still be asleep.

Luhan bit his lip and tried to look for the key. Not that he was expecting to really find it, but he did anyways—on the eaves of the door.

“Daebak,” he muttered and slowly unlocked her door.

 

Jang Nami’s house was of medium size. Being the clean freak she is, everything was stacked in place—her numerous books and magazines, the pillows on the sofa were not an angle tilted. Her walls were a soft orange. Luhan removed his shoes and looked for her in the kitchen. But she was not making breakfast as he had expected.

Then he got an idea. Luhan grabbed Nami’s apron and wore it.

 

He rummaged through the cupboards to look for breakfast, taking a jar of mayo, eggs, and vegetables to make omelet, and a bit of chives.

Before beating the egg, he added a bit of mayo to make it fluffier and then he poured it on the frying pan. After a few more seconds, he flipped  it into half and then put it on a plate.

He felt something circle his leg. Looking down, he saw a cat purring.

 

“Oh hey there, I’m making breakfast for your master.” He told the cat in a childlike manner as he poked its pink nose.

 

“Luhan?” he was startled and turned around to see a messed up Nami still in her clothes from last night’s.

“Oh, hey Nami. Good morning... I, uh, I found the key and uhm... shamelessly welcomed myself in.” he babbled.

Her orbs were wide open and she looked more like a witch in her haystack of a hair. But Luhan thought she looked cute.

“Oh no...” she clutched her head.

“Do you want me to go?” Luhan asked, the sadness in his voice very distinct.

“No no! Just stay there, I’ll be back!” Nami vanished back into her room.

 

In 15 minutes, she was back, fresh from the shower, her hair smelling like lavender. It was still wet so she went into the kitchen wiping her mane with a towel. Only to see Luhan sitting on the ground playing with the cat.

She coughed a little to make her presence known.

Luhan grinned at her and stood up.

 

Nami stared at the plate before her.

“Eat up,” Luhan pushed the plate closer. Nami gave him a pensive look but sliced a piece. She was so sleepy last night that she didn’t bother the empty stomach and slept right away.

Luhan smiled as Nami wolfed down her food. She caught him staring.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She wiped with the back of her hand. “Have you eaten yet?”

“Don’t worry about me.”

Luhan offered to wash the dishes. After seconds of worthless arguing, Luhan won, so Nami proceeded to the living room.

After wiping his hands clean, Luhan got the milk tea from the fridge and the flower. He walked towards the living room, hiding the flower behind his back.

Tiptoeing as quietly as possible, he snuck up behind Nami and put the flower right in front of her face, its proximity only a few centimeters.

Nami wasn’t much of a fan of flowers, but it was from Luhan so it’s something special. She held the stem and inhaled the sweet scent.

 

 “Thanks for the breakfast,” she said and smiled at him. Then Luhan gave her her wintermelon. “Milk tea!” she blithely grabbed the beverage and stabbed the cover to drink. Luhan chuckled at her response.

“You’re the best.” She mumbled and patted his head.

“I know, right?” they both chuckled.



 

To be honest, I updated this with my eyes closed-- if you guys know what I mean. Also, I didn’t tell you this was fast-paced for nothing! 

“some stuff” on the next chapter! HAHAHAHA~ <3 <3 <3 i really really like that top pic. Luhan is gorguusssnekwgnkwv

So i wasn’t able to update for a while—i had to attend camp.