Seven

A Daydream Away

 

Thankfully, Nami had passed the test. She came in third. Her parents were delighted to hear that and said the Nami makes all their hard work overseas worth it.

Yeah, and that’s why I shouldn’t get into sick relationships, she thought.

“Okay Nami, bye. I love you,” her mom said and she hung up.

 

 

Nami lied on her back, earphones plugged on to keep her from being bored. She didn’t feel like sleeping, so she planned to stroll around the village.

 

It was three in the afternoon, but the clouds blocked the heat from the sun and so it was a nice time to walk. Kids were playing everywhere. Nami stopped to look at the swing she fell from last time.

***

“Are you okay?” Luhan rushed over to the fallen Nami and helped her stand up. Nami wanted to say she was okay, but what came out of was an ‘ow’ and Luhan immediately saw the bruise on one of her knees.

“Here, sit.” He said as he kneeled before Nami while he rummaged in his bag. She scowled at him. Why was he being like this? Or does he like to confuse her? Her heart hurt, but she kept it in. Crying would mean she actually fell for this angel in such a short time.

Luhan blew on the bruise first and carefully applied a Band Aid. “There, all done.” He smiled up at her, but Nami looked away, her brows stitched together. Suddenly, Luhan kissed her knee and softly patted it. Nami looked at him, startled.

“What did you just do?”

“It will heal faster now that I kissed it,” he chuckled while zipping his bag close.

Nami bit her lip and stood up.

“Just leave me here. My house is just a street away...” she slipped her hands inside her pocket. “Thank you.” She bowed and staggered her way home.

***

Nami touched her wound, now replaced with a new Band Aid. She sighed and started to walk home. It did heal faster~

 

 

On the way, her phone rang and it was Luhan calling. She panicked for a while but answered it anyways.

“Luhan-ssi,”

“Hey Namnam!” Nami rolled her eyes at his silly nickname. It sounded ridiculous, but she liked the way he said it. “Remember the book you were talking about yesterday?” Had he finally realized?

“Yeah,” she replied.

“I’m planning to continue it for you,” Her eyes widened at his idea. Could he?

“That’s great,” her tone seemed lifeless. Nami didn’t want him to write the ending; she wanted him to do it.

“And I’ll need your help,” the genuine enthusiasm in Luhan’s voice didn’t die. “You know, a girl’s point of view and stuff. And besides, you’ve read it anyways right?”

“Yeah, but can you make it a happy ending?”

“Sure, why not? For you.” I really hope it’s a happy ending. 



 

Another update! Also to warn you, the next chapter might be fast-paced for your taste~ Thank you to those who commented and subscribe <3