Three

A Daydream Away

 

Nami ached to see Luhan again. She wasn’t sure if it’s plain old infatuation or love at first sight. She secretly chose the latter, but kept on reasoning that it was still too early.

 

Days passed and almost every other day Nami had a major test to study for, leaving her very exhausted. Late at night, while her head kept on dropping, a small desk lamp illuminating her small room, the sound of soft chimes woke her up. Yoonju was calling.

Wiping and shaking her head awake, she answered.

“Yoonju, you know I’m-“

“Jang Nami, I’ll drop by your dorm. You better be dressed up when I get there or else!” she threatened.

“I’ve no time for clubbing! I need to finish reviewing.” Nami shot back.

“Don’t you lie. You probably just woke up when this rang.” And she was right. Nami remained quiet. “See you in ten!” and the line went dead.

 

Sighing, Nami slammed her book and notebook close and opened her closet to get [those] 

 and secured her head with a red beanie. At 10.50 sharp, Yoonju was frantically knocking on her door.

 

“We’re going to an underground club okay? But it’s acoustic night so we don’t have to dance,” Yoonju started, circling Nami’s arm with hers while they walk and streets.

Nami remained silent.

 

They reached the place and went down a flight of stairs. A male’s voice could be heard from behind the double wooden doors. A young man was posted at the entrance, collecting the tickets. Yoonju had two and after finding a good spot, they settled down.

“I should call the others,” she mumbled, fishing her phone from her bag.

 

Nami cupped her chin as she looked around the area. Young people were crowded at the center, watching in awe as the guy up front showcased his awesome bass skills while another sang in a melancholic sweet voice that matched the slow tempo. The club had a chill feel to it.

 

Their other friends arrived. Some were drunk, and others took selcas and stuff, but Nami was focused on the performances on stage.

And then she heard a very familiar voice.

 

“I’d like to dedicate this to my newest inspiration,” her head snapped up to see Luhan sitting on a high chair, a guitar in his hands looking so cool with his white pants and denim long sleeves. His hair was disheveled in a way that grandmothers would hate, but fangirls would scream for.

Then he started singing in a voice so sweet, Nami’s jaw dropped. Luhan’s singing was accompanied by the soft playing of a piano in the background. His voice wafted around her like a sweet perfume and she couldn’t take her eyes off him. The serenade’s lyrics stuck on her mind. After the performance, Luhan’s eyes opened and he smiled and bowed.

“He’s so amazing,” Nami incoherently mumbled.

“What, you got your eyes on pretty boy?” Yoonju nudged her in the shoulder. But Nami was preoccupied, trying to remember the tone and the last line of the song.

Bubble tea is your favorite, but when will I be the one?



 

 

OMO, guys I’m not that good with lyrics and this is all I could think of involving bubba tea.The top pic is Luhan's hair as described^ Also please check out my Kris fic^^ The Other Guy Thanks!

 

@TaeminIsBigHeart Thank youuu

@MilkyKaramelz hihihih~