Two

A Daydream Away

 

Nami couldn’t concentrate on the material she was reading. An angel was seating right in front of her and she couldn’t help but admire his features. She was sickened of the thought of being a stalker. Besides, she barely knew him.

 

“What do you think of today’s political controversies, Nami-ssi?” the guy’s bright eyes lifted up to her. Nami blushed at being caught so she held her book higher, under her nose.

“H-how do you know my name?” she asked looking at the book and back to him.

“Oh, you’re a frequent at the cafe downstairs and I often heard your name being called. I’m Luhan by the way,” instead of reaching out for a shake, he just waved his hand making him cuter.

“Oh...” Her tone sounded dead. Nami didn’t know what to say, but she had to think of something to keep up the conversation with him.

“I’m sorry,” he chuckled to himself as his eyes trailed to the window beside them. “ I’m sounding like a stalker am I?” he darted his soft eyes back to hers.

I don’t mind you stalking me, Nami felt devastated at her sudden thought. How could she? She just met him fifteen minutes ago.

“N-no, it’s okay.”

 

 

Too soon, Nami had to go home. The sun was setting, casting a blend of purple and pink canvas across the sky. She had a good time with Luhan who introduced himself as an exchange college student who’s taking up Writing. His university was only a few blocks from hers.

 

“I have to go Luhan-ssi,” she stood up and bowed herself, taking note of the frown that immediately appeared and disappeared at Luhan’s flawless face. She wanted to think of it as Luhan not wanting her to leave his company.

“See you next time then...” he waved, not returning to the paper he was holding.

“Ne,” and Nami slowly trudged away.

She thought of asking for his number. But argued the idea with ‘wth-you-just-meant-him-and-he’ll-probably-think-you’re-weird’.  Nami wasn’t the type to make the first move so she fought with her mind on the way to the elevator when she felt the call of nature.

 

After going out of the restroom, her head collided with a shoulder.

“Ow!” she yelped, her hand rubbing the sore spot.

“Sorry!” Luhan said, raising his both of his hands up only to be surprised by Nami’s presence.

“I was just about to run after you Nami-ssi. You forgot your card,” he raised it up beside his face. She took it, her hand lightly brushing against his.

And they stood like that for a couple more awkward seconds. Nami kept her eyes on her flats while Luhan looked up to the ceiling, touching his neck and biting his lip.

Dear God, is this a sign? Nami prepared the next words to come out.

But before she could utter, Luhan politely bowed and started walking away.

 



 

Double update my dears~ I'm powered by God and music and Luhan's aegyo XDD I'm really enjoying writing this story. Also, I've noticed that it's quiet down there in the comments box-- drop me a comment? Pretty please? With a cherry on top XDDD