12

A Daydream Away

 

The couple enjoyed each other’s company as they sipped milk tea and watched a cooking show on tv. Luhan was very bored so he laid his head on Nami’s lap. And of course, she was caught off guard. Nami wanted to shake him off, but he used his pleading eyes; so for the rest of the show, Luhan lay comfortably on Nami’s lap.

For a while, Nami thought it was okay, but Luhan didn’t watch TV anymore. Instead, he kept his eyes intent on her face, watching every expression she made. She felt very conscious.

 

“Um, what brought you here?” Nami asked, keeping her eyes on the screen. “Besides, to sleep on my lap.” She took one swift glance as Luhan yawned from waking up too early.

“I know I have things to explain,” he began and reached for the remote, brushing his fingers on Nami’s, to mute it.

Nami looked into his eyes for a while, before stiffly nodding.

                                                 

 “So who is Ara, really?” She didn’t want to ask about her, but did anyways. After all, this was what they were going to talk about right?—Luhan’s relationship with Ara, and probably about the ‘thing’ going on between her and Luhan. If there is a thing.  Circumstances are already complicated and they need to sort it out.

 

Luhan was looking down, playing with his fingers. Nami unconsciously admired his long lashes.

 

“We’re childhood friends. She was an only child, so she treated me like a real oppa, and I sort of became her guardian until now. That’s all there is. Nothing more, nothing less.” His eyes fluttered up to meet hers.

“I think she likes you.” Nami said. “Like more than just her oppa.”

“Yeah, she did. But I told her I’ll never see her as a woman. And that I already have someone I’ve set my eyes on.” His orbs were so mesmerizing, and it was searching Nami’s.

 

Her heartbeat accelerated, but she tried to calm down. After all, who was this girl? Who knew what Luhan might have up on his sleeves again.

“She must be really lucky.” Nami let out a bitter chuckle as she tore her gaze from him to look away. Was there really another one?

Awkward silence followed.

Luhan lay still on her lap, and their breathing was synchronized.

Was this the reason he came here? To let her know that he really didn't want to lead her on? And the omelet and milk tea were just peace offerings, and all those enticing gestures? Her heart felt heavy at the thought of being just played by Luhan.

 

“Nami,” he softly called for her attention. She blinked twice and compelled to make eye contact.

 

“I like you.”

 

For a while, everything seemed to stop as Nami processed her thoughts at a slow rate. The walls she built to protect her heart cracked.

Blood crept up to her cheeks and her breathing became uneven—she couldn’t believe it.

Luhan just looked at her, taking note of the lovely blush on her face, hoping that he was the cause.

 

“Do you like me too?” he asked, boring his intense eyes into hers.

“I-I’m not sure,” Nami stuttered. How could she say that?

Slowly, Luhan got up, placed his hands on either side of her for support, and leaned his ear on her chest, right above her heart. Feeling and hearing the fast tempo, he smiled and closed his eyes.

“You’re lying, but your heart isn’t.” he whispered, circling her frame with a hug.

“Yeah,”

 

 



 

What’s up with the ending of the chapter? Ugh! If I were Nami, I’d die on the spot! As I’v stated, this fic is going to be short~ thank you for all your support and comments!