The Walk to Remember + Project day!

Will he ever know?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

The day went by with the teens strolling aimlessly through the mall, eating snacks while talking and have fun basically. Evening rolled by, and it was time for them to part. Kai’s parents gave him a call to head back home soon, but his mind was set on sending Hani home first.

“It’s okay, dude. I’ll send Hani home, and we could walk for hours and hours till dawn, and I’ll be the one there to-“ Sehun stopped in the middle of speech to notice that Hani and Kai is gone from his sight, only surrounded by a crowd full of strangers. “Pshh, so much for bonding time. They don’t need my help if they could elope together. Tskk, the nerve.” Sehun complained as he waited for a cab.

The other two made their way to Hani’s place after deserting Sehun on the spot. Kai laughed hard while Hani smiled at his little gesture. Kai noticed her looking at him amused, and he clear his throat and kept walking towards Hani’s place alongside her.

“Oh, you should walk on the inside” Kai suggested as he pulled Hani below her shoulders and moved her to the other side of him gently as he moved to the outer side of the pavement. “Vehicles might splash water or uhm, uhh yeah~” Kai muttered as he went on. Hani could only blush at his attempt of being a gentleman, though to Hani, he already is.

“Thank you, oppa. I bet Hana would be so happy that you could be the one for her.” Hani smiled wearily as she realize how he could be more caring or and more romantic towards Hana, and nothing more as friends with Hani. Hani lowered her head in embarrassment, but Kai caught her short lived smile.

“Gee, but to be honest Hani, I don’t see how me and Hana could work out now.” Kai commented as he looked straight ahead, avoiding eye-contact with Hani. “I just… I don’t know, the feeling when I first sent that letter wasn’t the same as I thought it would be after. Hana, she is pretty isn’t she? But, she has no personality as I come to know her better.”Kai tried to lay it down as realistic as possible for her to believe, and as he finished that last sentence, he turned to Hani’s direction, and continued. “She isn’t the person I pegged her out to be, but I’m not upset. Because, uhmm.. I uhh” Kai was about to say something until someone shouted his name.

Hana, his girlfriend, in front of Hani’s doorstep looking furious as ever. Hani felt threatened at the moment, but then. Hana went towards them and slapped Kai hard right on his left cheek, leaving a trace of red print. “YAH! NO CALL, NO TEXT, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE WHOL DAY?! FROM THE BASKETBALL COURT, YOUR HOUSE, UNTIL YOUR MOM TOLD ME YOU WERE AT THE MALL WITH SEHUN! AND YOU!” Hana now divert her rage towards Hani. “YOU LITTLE MISS NERD! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS! I WAS HERE TO LOOK FOR YOU SO I COULD ASK ADVICE FROM YOU, AND HERE YOU ARE, SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT WITH MY- “ Hana shouted as Kai stepped in front of Hani, and screamed back.

“ENOUGH!” Kai roared loud enough to wake the neighbors, not that he cared. “I’m sending you home, and I will not let you scold Hani like this. She’s my best friend, and you will not bad mouth my best friends, EVER!” Kai stared down at Hana with fury. It is the first time he rage in front of the two girls, and it was really intimidating sight to see. Even Luhan, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol saw the scene from the side window, and thought Kai was really a different person when hot tempered. Hana stormed off Hani’s porch and waited for Kai to walk her house grumpily, crossing her arms to show off her anger.

“I had fun today, I’m sorry it ended this way. You have a good night, Hani-ah” Kai spoke softly, trying to contain his anger still from the sudden outburst. “I’ll see you Monday then, Hani.” Kai smiled at Hani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter