Fish and Confessions?

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: Sorry I had to go a week without an update, but I was at regional camp. It went well though, so that's good. I feel like the end of this chapter was so sudden, but then I realized that this story was getting bland and needed some drama. Just a heads up, I may or may not be able to update next week! I know, you can bash me for that all you want, but I have a four day, overnight college soccer camp I'm attending, so I have to put all of my attention towards impressing the coaches. Here's chapter 7! Please read and review!

 

                Your Pov

 

                To make matters even more embarrassing, Eunhyuk left with a: “Sorry! Carry on!” And closed the door behind him. We had shyly slunk off and left the dance studio without another word on what had happened. Despite the awkward moment, we still held hands on the way to my house. We didn’t talk about much, and nothing of importance or of interest. Just normal stuff, like TV, homework, teachers…..ok, so we weren’t completely over that awkward moment. What I wasn’t expecting, was a certain male to be sitting on the doorstep.

                “Kangin!” I froze. Seriously?! This was the last thing I needed right now! Judging by his hunched posture and sour face, he wasn’t here to bring up anything pleasant.

                “It’s almost six,” He nonchalantly checked his wristwatch, “Is that enough time for you to do your homework and get to bed at a reasonable time?”

                “Will you stop playing father and get inside!” I hissed. I was pushing Kangin back towards the door with all my strength when Donghae spoke from behind me on the pathway that lead up to my house.

                “He….lives with you?”

                Oh no, he’s catching on! Dear god I haven’t even thought on how I was going to explain this to him! What if he thinks this is totally inappropriate and creepy and leaves?! I don’t want to be creepy!!!

                “U-um, yes,” I coughed and didn’t look him in the eye. I silently kept pushing Kangin with my foot.

                “Aren’t you two not blood related?”

                “We aren’t,” Kangin answered shamelessly, “But she’s like a sister to me. We’ve lived together since the beginning of middle school.”

                “Is it just…you?”

                “They’re five others!” He held up one palm.

                “Get inside you oaf!” I whispered viciously and was practically trying to drag him inside.

                “Ae-Young,” Donghae directed his conversation to me and I stopped, “Can I talk with you?”

                “Yes,” I responded and unwillingly let go of Kangin to walk down to Donghae. I didn’t know what to make of his expression. It was a neutral mask that showed no emotion.  I couldn’t tell if he was sad, angry, disappointed, indifferent….

                “Do you have any feelings for any of the guys in that house?” He asked me quietly.

                “I love them like my brothers. Nothing more,” I answered honestly. Never in all my life, could I seriously imagine myself dating one of them. Which, to some girls, may sound insane since those six guys I live with are all very good looking. They’re all single too…..I assume.

                “And none of them have romantic feelings for you?”

                “Last time I checked, no.”

                “So they’re like your family?” His visage moved to its normal self and I eased up. Ok, so he wasn’t emotionally detached now.

                “Yeah, even though I have no relation to them.”

                “I want to get to know them all better,” He announced with a determined gaze behind me.

                “You do?!” I spluttered.

                “Yeah, I showed you my family, now it’s your turn!” He finished with a bright smile. My jaw dropped. When did God decide he was going to bless me with such a hot, understanding, and patient man?! If I knew he was going to come around, I would have never dated Kyuhyun, ever!

                “Let’s do that another day,” Kangin’s hand came down on my shoulder. I glared at him. Shouldn’t he have left us alone by now?!

                “Saturday then?” Donghae suggested. Now I was slightly glaring at him. I thought we were going out Saturday! Just the two of us! Did he not want to be with just me?

                “Saturday’s good. I know Yesung wanted to go out to the aquarium, why don’t we all go together?”

                “When should I meet you all there?”

                Shouldn’t I be happy that Kangin and Donghae were getting along civilly? It’s definitely going better than what I imagined, but I sure not pleased that I would have to give up my already arranged plans with Donghae. I was too busy sulking to notice that Kangin was finally retreating into the house.

                “Ae-Young, what’s wrong?” Donghae held my hand and I snapped back into reality. He gave me a serious look, “And don’t try and say ‘nothing’ like last time.”

                “I……wanted Saturday to be just the two of us,” I admitted and bit my lip.

                “I did too,” He agreed. I narrowed my eyes at him and frowned.

                “Then why did you change the party from 2 to 8?”

                “Because I want to get to know your friends better, that’s why. I have to earn their trust for them to approve me dating you.”

                “D-dating?!” My voice cracked. Sure, I guess that was what we were doing, but I hadn’t yet heard the term spoken aloud. It was still so premature, since we’ve barely known each other for two weeks.

                “Yeah, I like you so….”

                I covered my face with my free hand to hide the blush and smile, “You sure know how to catch a girl off guard,” I nervously laughed at the sudden confession. My heart thumped wildly and my breath caught in my throat. Adrenaline was pumping though my veins at superhuman speeds. He liked me!!

                “Hey,” He gently whispered, “Don’t hide from me,” Donghae pulled my hand from my face and bent his legs to my height. I could feel the heat creep down my face to my neck and ears. Wow, I probably looked like a red faced troll to him. How unattractive!

                “Goodnight~,” He smiled and quickly pecked my cheek. After that, I wanted to go roll in a hole and die at what followed.

                “OOH! HEY THERE HANDSOME!”

                “THAT’S RIGHT GET IT IN!!!!!!” 

                I wheeled around with and intent for murder. There stood Sungmin and Zhou Mi at the door in their usual bedtime attire, facemasks and in bathrobes. Sungmin was waving flirtatiously at Donghae while winking seductively. Zhou Mi, the crude one, was making lewd hip ing motions and wearing a signature, dirty smirk. God I hated them SO much right now!

                “Goodnight,” I sweetly smiled back at Donghae. Then, I sprinted towards the two buffoons with arms raised.

                “YOU ARE SOO DEAD!” I screamed. They laughed manically and ran inside. Needless to say, I trapped both of them in the bathroom with the outside lock and key. I didn’t release them until the next morning, when it was five minutes before we had to leave for school. Hahaha, I have never seen Zhou Mi and Sungmin look so miserable and disheveled in my whole life.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

  

                “Wah! Look at all the colorful fish!” I exclaimed aloud, pressed up to a huge glass tank. Fish of all shapes, sizes, and colors swam in their enclosed habitat. They were surrounded by other sea sponges, star fish, coral, kelp, and plant-like objects.

                “Isn’t this cool Donghae?” I asked. When I received no response, I drew my attention away from the animals and gasped at what I saw.

                “What did you say?” Donghae spat, clearly disgusted.

                “What I said was true, if you don’t believe me, ask her yourself,” Kyuhyun stood opposite Donghae. He pointed with one hand at me. Donghae slowly rotated his head, this time angry…..at me.

                “What is it? What did you tell him?!” I accused Kyuhyun from the get go. I marched up to him.

                “I told him everything,” Kyuhyun replied vaguely.

                “Define everything,” I echoed.

                “Well, I told him about how I stole your first kiss,” Kyuhyun faced his body square to mine, “ from the steady progress from first to second base,” Kyuhyun took a step forward, “and then that one night out of the blue, where I hit the home run.” He reached out and caressed my cheek, “I spared no details.”

                “We didn’t do that!” I smacked his hand away and gave Donghae pleading eyes. He had to believe me, I couldn’t lose him now!

                “You slept with him?” Donghae was outraged.

                “Her first time was with me, after we broke up, I’m assuming she was often very ually frustrated,” Kyuhyun continued to spew lies, “to relieve that tension she must have used the boys she lives with. I mean, she has a lot to choose from after all. She could have a different one six days a week.”

                “I never slept with you!” I screamed at Kyuhyun, “Nor did I sleep with anybody else!”

                “Donghae,” I cried, tears streaming down my face, “you have to believe me! I would never do something like that!”

                “I can’t,” He said simply and retreated.

                “Wait!” I lunged out and clung desperately to his jacket arm, “Don’t leave! I thought you liked me!”

                “Like you?” He scoffed, “How could I like such a dirty ?”

                “NO DONGHAE!!!”

                I awoke and sat straight up in my bed. I felt around, clutching the sheets beneath my fingers harshly. It was all just a dream. I could feel it. There was no way that could ever happen. I haven’t slept with anyone. I repeated that mantra to myself until I calmed down. This couldn’t get in the way, it was Saturday.

                The tree that had plunged into my room had been removed the next day after it occurred. So I was saved from sleeping on the lumpy, uncomfortable pull out couch out in the living room.  All the glass and other debris had been removed, so the room was as good as new. It was like the tree hadn’t been there.

                “No, no, no,” Clothes were flinging behind me at lightning speeds, “AH! Why don’t I go shopping more often!” I whined and stamped my feet. For some reason, everything in my drawers and in my closet didn’t appeal to my tastes. Every shirt was too plain, all my pants wouldn’t fit right. I sighed and glanced at my alarm clock. This was so stupid, I’ve spent 20 minutes just trying to find something to wear.

                As I sifted through my clothes on the hangers, I came across a dark pink fabric. It felt light and airy between my fingers. I pulled it out and raised an eyebrow. When did I buy this? The dress was a length that would reach a couple inches above mid thigh. The neckline was covered in ruffles up until the stomach, where a thick, dark brown belt was. The ruffles were lined with white lace that gave it a even more girly feel. It was so cute! I skipped happily to the bathroom with it in hand.

                “What’re you doing in there? Making drugs?!” Zhou Mi was pounding on the bathroom door so hard I thought it would break.

                “Will you stop rushing me?” I screeched back, “I’m almost done!”

                “You’ve been in there for 30 minutes!” Zhou Mi complained.

                “Oh shut up!” Another person, Teukie Umma, tutted, “she’s getting ready for Donghae after all!”

                “No I’m not!” I shook my head and opened the door.

                “You’re fancy attire and blush says otherwise!” Zhou Mi surveyed me up and down. He brushed past me without another word and shut the door behind him. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen.

                “Hi!” I greeted the four in the kitchen. Sungmin, Henry, Kangin, and Yesung were all eating at the table.

                “So you found it!” Sungmin spun around on his chair.

                “Found what?”

                “The dress!” Sungmin pointed.

                “Do you know where this came from? I feel like I’ve never seen it before,” I stopped next to him.

                “Yeah! I picked it out!” Sungmin poked the belt.

                “You did? When did you bring it home?”

                “A couple days ago. I went out shopping and when I saw it, I knew it would look great on you. My fashion sense is superb!” Sungmin gloated.

                “Thanks!” I laughed and patted his head.

                “Too short!” Kangin grumbled and shoveled in a big spoonful of cereal and milk.

                “No it’s not!” Sungmin disagreed.

                “That’s what they all say, until there’s a huge gust of wind!” Yesung joked and flailed his arms around. Kangin laughed and patted him on the back. I smiled when I saw that even Henry’s lips twitched in amusement.

                I pushed the worrying voice inside my head. Today would be a challenge to get Donghae and Henry to bond. But I had time to worry about that later. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “AYO DONGHAE! WASSUP!” Leeteuk boomed. A few unknown heads turned. Some thought his outburst was funny while others were purely annoyed. I for one, was one of the annoyed. Leeteuk and Kangin were just like parents to me. Knowing them, they’ll use every moment to try and embarrass me.

                Donghae looked amazing in a simple pair of jeans and a white and black striped long sleeved shirt. I felt the air completely rush out of me. Even though the shirt covered his arms, it was skin tight which accentuated his tight stomach, sinewy arms, and wide chest. I was going to give myself an awful nosebleed!

                “Hi guys!” He waved back with a laugh.

                “Did you wait long?” I asked.

                “No, I’ve only been here for a couple minutes.”

                “HEY! What’re you guys doing! Come on!” Yesung yelled from the entrance of the aquarium. He had run ahead of us, squealing like a little kid when he had seen the front of the building.  

                “Hyung! Slow down~!” Sungmin whined and ran after him.

                The rest of us calmly entered the aquarium and purchased tickets. I had to admit, I loved kids, but I was really annoyed. There must have been a birthday party being hosted at the same time. Tiny little tikes were sprinting all around, screaming their heads off. It almost looked like pinball the way they bounded from  exhibit to exhibit. Their parents were chasing them, trying to catch the evasive youngsters.

                “So this is how it will go down!” Kangin transformed into a mix of his fake daddy and judo captain form, “Yesung and Sungmin, you will have the first round, Leeteuk and I will take the second, and Henry and Zhou Mi will take the third.”

                “Rounds? What do you mean?” I glanced at Donghae worriedly. I had a feeling that I knew what Kangin meant, and I definitely did not want that. 

                “Yeay! We get Donghae first!” Sungmin clamped onto him and began to drag him away.

                “Wait! No! Sungmin!” I reached after them and Yesung slapped my hand back.

                “We’ll be done with him in 15 minutes!” Yesung waggled his finger disapprovingly at me. 

                Well, Sungmin and Yesung were ok. They were the least of my problems. The main two I would have to look out for were Kangin and Zhou Mi. Kangin might intimidate Donghae, whereas Zhou Mi would make him feel downright uncomfortable.

 

                No One’s Pov

 

                “Is this your first time here?” Sungmin asked Donghae. Sungmin had detached himself from the startled teen and opted to walk casually beside him. Yesung was still running from exhibit to exhibit excitedly.

                “Yeah, it’s actually my first time in an aquarium,” Donghae commented. His eyes glazed over in awe at long, white, graceful, jellyfish bobbing in a huge tank.

                “Chincha?!” Sungmin held Donghae’s arm. He nodded, “Then let’s go quick! There’s something you have to see!”

                “Yah! Where are we going?” Yesung asked in annoyance as he was torn from observing.

                “The  touch pool!” Sungmin cheered and continued to drag Donghae and Yesung behind him. Donghae was surprised at the amount of strength this guy had. He had an inkling this was one of the guys Ae-Young had told him about. One of the ones that knew martial arts.

                It was a short trip to the children’s section that Donghae saw what Sungmin was so excited over. There was a long pool modeled like a coral reef that was only a few feet high for the kids to reach. Inside were creatures and plants that were available for kids to touch and play with. There were staff members lecturing the kids and parents about the animals and what not to do with them.

                “Here, Donghae! Pet the starfish!” Sungmin released him at the pool. He pointed at a n orange starfish that was suctioned to the edge of the wall. Donghae hesitated, but eased his hand into the cool water.

                “Wah! It’s so squishy!” Donghae laughed and its slimy flesh, “Ooh, what’s this?” He moved onto a manta ray.

                Sungmin smiled as he watched Donghae and his brother revert back to their childish sides. Just by seeing him interact with the sea animals and get along with Yesung, Sungmin knew that Donghae was going to be good for Ae-Young. Even without knowing much about him, it was clear. They spent a few more minutes at the touch pool and then Yesung was bored and ready to see other things.

                Yesung, who had come to this aquarium so many times, was like Donghae’s personal guide. He told him facts about each animal they saw at the tanks. Donghae listened intently to what Yesung said. He was impressed by how passionate the turtle enthusiast was on the subject of marine life.

                Yesung felt himself warming up to Donghae. He knew Ddangkoma liked him. His presence was also one that people perceived as laid back and friendly. By the end of their 15 minute session, Yesung already had his arm around Donghae’s shoulders like old friends.

                “You know, you’re alright,” Yesung nodded.

                “Thanks Turtle Man,” Donghae squeezed his neck back jokingly.

                “Well what do we have here?” Kangin waltzed up with Leeteuk at his side.

                “Donghae’s my best friend man!” Yesung hugged Donghae viciously. Donghae patted his back. He was strangely ok with the intense skinship.

                “It’s great you like him, but now it’s our turn!” Leeteuk pulled Yesung off of Donghae.

                “Don’t be too rough on him,” Sungmin teased.

                “We’ll try not to!” Leeteuk replied and motioned to Donghae. Donghae walked over to Kangin and Leeteuk confidently. He had two down, four to go. He knew if he was himself, he was a shoe in to win.

                Sungmin tugged on Yesung’s shirt after the three left. Yesung raised an eyebrow at his younger brother’s seriousness.

                “I like Donghae.”

                “Me too,” Yesung agreed.

                “He’ll be a good match for Ae-Young, I know it.”

                “Don’t you try and meddle in their relationship,” Yesung warned. He knew that mischievous glint in Sungmin’s eye too well, “Let them take it at their own pace.”

                “Oh come on! I was totally right about the chemistry between Zhou Mi and-” Sungmin stopped short on his rant when he realized his brother had already wandered off. He cursed and ran off to find him.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “Let’s get right down to business,” Kangin clasped his hands together.

                “We think Ae-Young really likes you,” Leeteuk said.

                “You do?” Donghae smiled and scratched the back of his neck. Hope and anticipation flitted around inside of him. He never got a confession back, and he didn’t want to rush her. Just knowing that Ae-Young knew how he felt about her and she didn’t reject him, he was happy.

                “Yeah, oh you should have seen her this morning!” Leeteuk gushed like a gossipy ahjumma, “She spent so long getting ready! She usually only takes a maximum of 10 minutes, but because she was seeing you, she spent a whole 40!”

                “Really?” Donghae couldn’t hold back his grin. What Leeteuk said made him want to rush off and find her. He had to hug something, anything. Preferably Ae-Young.

                “And being the big brothers we are,” Kangin tracked back to the matter at hand, “we never want to see her upset.”

                “I won’t hurt her,” Donghae vowed and locked eyes with Kangin. They continued their stare off until Kangin was satisfied that Donghae was being true to his word.

                “Always remember that,” Kangin ended the subject. 

                There was silence until Leeteuk brought up the conversation again with a bubbly attitude. Donghae thought Leeteuk was nice, but he wasn’t sure if he could take that all the time. He wasn’t a morning person, so if he was confronted with a peppy,  early riser……hell would break loose.

                “Do you know a lot about Ae-Young?”

                “No, not really,” Donghaw shook his head at Leeteuk’s inquiry.

                “Well, let me fill you in!” Leeteuk playfully nudged Donghae, “She’s a great cook when she wants to be, but it’s very rare when she decides to. She used to play volleyball in junior high. Her best subject is history, and she could definitely use some help in math. Her favorite animals are pandas, she loves chocolate. She likes to go shopping, but doesn't mind if she doesn't buy anything."

                “Her favorite flowers are orchids, which I have no idea why. Those things are ugly!” A head popped in between Donghae and Leeteuk’s conversation.

                “Yah, get out! You have your turn later!” Leeteuk palmed the intruder, Zhou M, in the face. He struggled and flailed around wildly.

                “But Henry ran off and now I’m all alone!” Zhou Mi waved off in the direction behind them. Leeteuk and Kangin searched but could not find the Chinese chipmunk.

                “Why did he leave?”

                “I don’t know, he said he needed to be alone. I saw Ae-Young run after him.”

                “She did?” Leeteuk’s eyes went wide. He nervously glanced at Donghae, which did not go unnoticed. Now Donghae was neverous and confused. Should he go and find those two? Suddenly, having them together, by themselves, seemed like a bad idea. A very bad idea.

                “Let them talk it out,” Kangin rubbed Leeteuk’s shoulder soothingly. Leeteuk breathed through his nose and chewed on the inside of his cheek.

                “Talk what out?” Donghae questioned.

                Three pairs of eyes blinked and all muttered and trailed off, “Uhh….”

 

                Your Pov

 

                I had been tracking Donghae this whole time. So far, it was smooth sailing with Yesung and Sungmin. It was going steady with Leeteuk and Zhou Mi too, so I chose this moment to truly enjoy the aquarium. As I was watching fish dart around, there was a fish that barely resembled Donghae. I didn’t know how, but just seeing the side of that fish screamed Lee Donghae.

                “Ah! Where are you going Donghae?” I giggled at the fish as it swam quickly off. I ran alongside the circular tank. By the time I had caught up to it, it hid in the hole of the yellow coral. I ‘awwed’ in disappointment. What I didn’t know at first, was that I was next to someone.

                “Henry!” I exclaimed and jumped back. He just stood there lifelessly, but faced me.  

                “Hi,” He muttered.

                “You like the fish?” I smiled. Despite the awkward tension between the two of you, you hoped a smile or a friendly comment would bring him slightly back to the Henry you knew.

                “They’re nice,” Henry bobbed his head. You sighed. Still nothing.

                “Henry,” I barked, “What’s up with you lately? To be frank, all you do is constantly mope and sulk around, which everyone at home thinks is really unattractive. I want the old Henry back! Can’t we go back to how we used to be?” Tears were welling in my eyes out of frustration. He finally showed some emotion, which I was relieved by. He looked like he actually cared.

                “Younggie,” He whispered. One hand grasped my shoulder tightly. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Even clearing his throat couldn’t make the words come naturally. Then he was walking briskly in another direction.

                “Ah you pabo, come back!” I hissed and ran after him. I saw Zhou Mi say something to him, but then Henry was pushing past him down to a darkly lit hallway where the fish in smaller viewing tanks were kept.

                “Zhou Mi, what did he say?” I asked him when I reached the giant Diva. Damn he was tall….No pun intended.

                “I don’t know, he said he needed to be alone. What happened?” His eyebrows were scrunched together in worry.

                “I’ll tell you later,” I rolled my eyes and continued my pursuit. I made my way through the strangely empty viewing hall. I passed many colorful fish in the extremely dim lighting until I found him. And when I saw Henry, my heart broke.

                There stood the happy go lucky chipmunk, doubled over, leaning on the edge of an exhibit. His body was shaking and it was clear he was crying. There were muffled gasps echoing off of the walls. When I rushed over and placed a hand on his back, the shuddering quieted. He slowly rose to his full height, and faced me.

                “Henry!” I gasped. His face was even puffier than usual from the crying. Tears coated his cheeks in wide rivers. His chest hiccupped and he sniffled. As I opened my mouth again, arms were flung around me. My face was buried into his chest and his head tucked near the left side of my head. I stood there stiffly, unsure of what to do. Henry’s head nuzzled closer and his arms tightened.

                “I love you.”

 

A/N: Henry's confession isn't too premature....is it? I feel like it is, but eh, what can I do about it now? But if anyone reading this has a twitter, i want to say that I have one too. My username is goaliehead4, so finding me should be easy hahaha. I follow all of ukiss, some of Super Junior, JKS, Lee Minho, and some of MBLAQ. I just love following them like  a little stalker!!!!! Uh.....please disregard that previous comment.....