Childhood Friend

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

 

A/N: Sorry this is a short update, but if some of you noticed, I created a new sotry for my friend for her birthday. It's about Kris and an OC, so go check it out if he is your bias! It's called An Extra Special Guest. Here is chapter 18! OK! THIS CHAPTER IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE RATED M! But AFF is being a pain and thinks that everything is inappropriate! So don't worry, there won't be anything mature.

 

Your Pov

“Oh, this is Joonmyun. He’s a childhood friend,” I introduced.

“Hello, nice to meet you,” Joonmyun smiled and bowed his head to our large group. Most of the guys did the same.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, “This is far from the country.”

“I’m here for college. I started my first semester at SNU.”

“Oh yeah, I always keep forgetting you’re like the age of my grandfather,” I giggled.

“Yah! I’m not that old!” Joonmyun scoffed. By then, most of the guys were walking back to our table. The ones that stayed for the conversation were my protectors. Donghae, Henry, and Kangin waited behind me. I could tell Kangin was impatient, but I’m sure Henry and Donghae were anxious for another reason.

“By the way, this is one of my classmates, Yixing.” Joonmyun gestured to a very handsome Chinese man. His lips were so full and eyes so large that you would mistake him for a girl if he had long hair.

“Nice to meet you,” Yixing bowed his head in his soft voice.

“You’re at the regional high school, right?” Joonmyun spoke again.

“Yeah. My first year.”

“I should stop by sometime, it’s been awhile since we’ve talked.”

“Yeah, we should,” I agreed happily. The last time I saw Joonmyun was in elementary school. He was three years older than me, so it was hard to see him often after he entered middle school. His family also switched schools just into his first year of high school, so I never got to see him even before I left for Seoul.

We had met when my parents and his were friends. He and I were dragged to a BBQ, and forced to do other things that they expected kids to do. Despite the age difference and that we were of opposite gender, we became pretty good friends after a while. He was always so girly and pretty looking, so I was more fond of him that the boys in my school and on the block.

“Want to trade numbers real quick?” Joonmyun suggested.

“Yeah!” I nodded vehemently and took out my phone. Joonmyun and I exchanged numbers, but then parted ways so we continue on with what each of us was previously doing.

“It was good seeing you,” I bid Joonmyun adieu.

“Yeah, after 4 years I finally get to see my old crush,” Joonmyun winked. I blushed and waved good bye with my “posse” trailing.

“Yah! What did he mean by crush?!” Kangin shout whispered.

“It’s exactly what it means,” I raised an eyebrow and pushed him towards his seat. The staff had brought together a bunch of tables and chairs to form one long train of tables. Of course, there were three seats open as if they were planned perfectly to make this so much more awkward. I was now stuck in between Henry and Donghae with the loud mouthed Zhou Mi and Heechul next to the guys. Heechul was on Henry’s side, and Zhou Mi was on Donghae’s.

“And you knew he liked you?” Henry still had his eyes on Joonmyun at the table far away.

“He confessed before he switched high schools.” I explained casually.

“You were 13 then! It’s like, illegal!” I squinted my eyes at Henry and hit him on the head.

“Don’t act like that! The way he confessed was sweet, but I turned him down. I still feel bad about it.” I sighed.

“Whoa, that handsome piece of over there used to like you?” Zhou Mi leaned forward onto the table and poked his head across Donghae to stare deeply at me.

“Hey!” Siwon pouted.

“Oh, stop it! I saw you checking out that guy on the streets yesterday!” Zhou Mi accused.

“I was….not.”

“Don’t you dare lie to me!” Zhou Mi threatened, “Anyways,” His tone of voice switched back to gossipy, “if I had someone as gorgeous as him confess to me, I would have said yes and locked him away from all the other girls…..and boys.”

“Hey! I am here!” Siwon whined and slapped Zhou Mi on the arm. Zhou Mi froze and wheeled back into his seat to face Siwon with arms crossed and lips pursed.

“Excuse me?” Zhou Mi raised both his eyebrows to finish his face.

“Sorry,” Siwon immediately apologized and cowered. I don’t blame the guy. I would do the same in that situation…

“It’s ok babe!” Zhou Mi made his kissy face, “Just save the rough stuff for later, kay?”

“Ew! Please say that when I am not trying to think of what to order!” I mock barfed into my open menu I was browsing through.

“Ah so you were imagining it, eh?” Zhou Mi wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I just kept a stoic face and threw a breadstick at him. Idiot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

                Lunch went by as smooth as it could possibly go. It took a while for the food to get out because there was so many of us to serve. Almost 40 minutes had gone by and Zhou Mi was getting ready to kill someone because he was starving. His dish was gone within 10 minutes when it got to him.

                We all tried to trick Leeteuk, the oldest, into paying for the whole bill. When he showed us the total…….everyone chipped in. It was too much to force on him.

                Yesung and Kangin acted like the children they were, and played with their food most of the time. It was all fun and games till a spaghetti noodle landed on Han Geng’s face. That had Ryewook Umma and Leeteuk Umma taking away Kangin and Yesung’s plates.

                The highlight of the night was our waitress. She was so surprised at how many guys she had to serve. She was confused, but I mainly think that was because they were all so handsome. There wasn’t a specific guy she would flirt with, but the waitress would be very flirty and overly cute towards everyone. Heechul, for one, was disgusted by the way she acted.

                “How unprofessional,” He had taken a long sip of his water, “I’m prettier than her anyways.”

                We finished dinner and traveled home around 8:30. Since we had the cars, everyone was dropped off at their houses. When Leeteuk pulled up to Donghae’s apartment complex, I wanted to latch onto my boyfriend and never let go, but I knew that wasn’t reasonable. When Kangin saw our goodbye kiss he suddenly began to cough uncontrollably.

                Donghae was our last stop, so the vans rolled home. By the time I had changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and applied my moisturizer for bed, Donghae was calling me on my cell. I picked up the buzzing device and lay on my stomach on the bed.

                “Hi,” I answered.

                “Hi,” A grin appeared on my face just at the sound of his voice.

                “Did you call for a specific reason?”

                “Nope. Just wanted to talk.”

                “So…..whatcha doin?” My legs swung themselves back and forth in the air.

                “Laying in my room, staring at the ceiling.”

                “Wow! I’m staring at my pillow!” I giggled.

                “We’re such interesting people….” He sighed.

                “So,” I changed the subject, “What did you think of the waitress?”

                “She was so annoying, constantly flirting with people!” Donghae chuckled, “…..why are you asking? Trying to investigate to see if she was my type?”

                “No…”

                “Then were you jealous…?”

                “Jealous? How could I be?”

                “So you’ve never been jealous over your man~!”

                “Now I didn’t say that,” My mind was spinning the way he said he was my man.

                “Aah so you have. Come on, tell me!” Donghae sang.

                “Tell you what?”

                “When you were jealous of course!”

                “Why should I tell you that? Be satisfied I have been!”

                “Arrasso,” Donghae sighed.

                “What’s with all the sighing?”

                “Well, you see, the twins are out at a sleepover tonight, so it’s pretty quiet. Key has a three day trip out with his school so he’s been gone since Thursday.”

                “Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing? No one to annoy you!”

                “That does sound nice, but you see, I’ve been standing outside a certain someone’s house for five minutes now and she hasn’t noticed.”

                I froze and snapped my head to the window to my left. From what I could see, there wasn’t a figure outside, but I got up and walked to it without my phone. The window was heavy and a little stiff from not being opened in a while. I poked my head out in the blustery wind, and suddenly felt  warm lips against my cheek. I squeaked in surprise and discovered Donghae leaning up against the wall of the house on my left.

                “Surprise!” He said in English.

                “What’re you doing here?”

                “No one’s home, and I’m bored. So I came here,” Donghae shrugged.

                “Not even your mom?”

                “No, she’s a chaperone at Kai and Taemin’s sleepover.”

                “So you came all the way over here, this late at night….because you were bored?”

                “That, and we didn’t get to be alone as much today,” Donghae pouted. An idea popped into my head and I left the window briefly to come back with a blanket. I threw it out the window, and sat on the ledge, swinging my legs over. Donghae realized what I was doing, and hands on my waist as I jumped down so I wouldn’t hurt myself. This was the advantage of a one story, small house on the edge of Seoul.

                “Why not just invite me in? You’ll catch a cold,” I spread out the blanket for us to sit on.

                “Because,” I answered Donghae, “If someone walked in and saw you there, they would throw you out.”

                “Good point. Leeteuk and Sungmin would tease you till the end of time,” Donghae plopped down heavily on the woolen, blue blanket.

                “So,” I wasted no time in latching onto Donghae. He reciprocated the position. Our legs were tangled together. His chest moved slowly up and down with each regular breath, which sounded like music to my ears. His thick sweater acted as a cushion to cover up the smooth, hard planes of his torso.  

                “So what?”

                “I don’t know, give me a moment to think of what to say,” I chuckled as my mind went completely blank, “Umm……I was thinking of meeting up with Joonmyun sometime this weekend.”

                “What if I said I wanted you all to myself this weekend?”

                “And what would we do?”

                “I don’t know, as long as you’re not with him,” Donghae was……jealous?

                “And why is it a problem if I hang out with him?” I strung Donghae along to get him admit it.

                “You two had stuff in the past, so…” Donghae blew air out of his cheeks and stared at the stars.

                “What kind of stuff? I don’t know what you’re trying to imply!” I blinked wide-eyed and “innocent” up at him.  

                “Yah! Stop that! You know what I mean! I don’t want you hanging out with him when he used to like you!” Donghae butted his head with mine.

                “So you’re jealous of you’re pretty hyung?” I joked.

                “Why can’t I be?! He got their first! He confessed before me!” Donghae rolled over with his inside arm on the ground supporting himself and the other arm still around my waist. His gorgeous face loomed above mine, and I was lost for words with a rock in my throat.

                “Don’t go out with him…. not at least without me.”

                “Aw, you’re so cute,” I pinched his cheek.

                “That’s not how you’re supposed to act when I’m wooing you!” Donghae grumbled. I stuck my tongue out at him and he smirked. “Is that an invitation?”

                With that Donghae swooped down and captured my tongue for a French kiss. I hummed happily and locked both of my hands to the back of his neck. It was getting hotter and hotter when we heard the sound of a flash and a click. I opened one eye to see what it was, but Donghae had ignored it and recaptured my attention.

                “Geez, are you trying to out her soul?” Sungmin’s voice traveled from behind us. This time we separated. I craned my neck awkwardly to see Sungmin with his camera near my bedroom window.

                “You might wanna get rid of the spit,” Sungmin made a motion at the saliva that still connected our mouths. I rolled my head over and sat up. Donghae did the same.

                “What is it?” I asked the bunny who was busy scrolling through pictures on his camera. No doubt they were mainly of me and Donghae. It was quite the weird habit he had….. Well not as weird as Yesung’s….

                “Leeteuk has good news. He wants everyone in the living room, now.”

                “What kind of good news?”

                “I don’t know. He said he would tell us when we were all present, so I’d hurry in before Zhou Mi explodes of anxiousness.”

                “Fine,” I sighed, “I gotta go. See you tomorrow,” I kissed Donghae one last time. There was another bright flash from Sungmin’s camera.

                “Bye, jagiya!” Donghae waved to me as I climbed back into my room with my blanket tucked under one arm. Sungmin shut the window and closed the blinds. After I threw the blanket back on the bed, Sungmin and I went to the living room.

                “If you didn’t know Donghae was there, then how did you have your camera so quickly?” I asked him.

                “It was in my pocket,” Sungmin pocketed the device, “I had a feeling Donghae would come back.”

                “You must see the future,” I commented. As we came from the hallway, Leeteuk was waiting with everyone seated in front of him. He was grinning excitedly, bouncing on the spot. Wow, it must be really good news then!

                “So,” Leetuk began, wringing his hands together in an impatient twitch, “I just got off the phone with my mom, and she got a fantastic gift from one of her clients!”

                “Clients?” Yesung’s head cocked to the side in confusion.

                “Yes. When Umma visits a country, she reviews the best spots for eating, visiting, culture, and so on. Well a certain hotel’s ratings skyrocketed because of Umma’s review on it, so they’ve invited us all for a four day, all paid vacation!” Leeteuk threw his hands up into the air in excitement.

                “Ooh!” Sungmin bounced up and down on the couch, “Where to?”

                “We’re going to Japan!”    

A/N: So, whaddya think? And for those who don't know, Joonmyun is Suho from EXO. I figured that using stage names wasn't practical (I know, Kai's real name is Jongin and Leeteuk's real name is Jung Soo but there's no point in changing it now!) Excited for Japan? I am too! I start school in two days, so braces yourselves for less freuqent updates. Mianhae! *bows apologetically.* Thank you for the support! And for those new readers, I have a U-KISS poll up that I would appreciate fans of them voting on!