Problems Galore

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: Most of you that read this fic on earlier will relaize a typo that I made in the first chapter, especially Mirchin   who commented on this story. Sorry to burst some of your guy's bubbles, but I did not mean to write CHOI. Thank you all for being patient while waiting for me to finsih exams to write a chapter (but sadly I have two more to go *enter Kris face*)!

              

               Your Pov

 

                I shuddered in repulsion and smacked his arms away to get out of his grasp. My ex-boyfriend stood there with one of his usual smirks. I crossed my arms and huffed annoyingly.

                “What do you want Cho?” I rolled my eyes.

                “No more Kyuhyun Oppa?” He replied with the same amount of bite. I glared and he spoke again, “I came by to hear if a rumor was true.”

                “Rumor? What kind?” I pretended not to be interested.

                “One about you and the new kid,” My eyes snapped to his face. Kyuhyun was absentmindedly running his fingers across the lab countertops.

                “What about Donghae Oppa and I?”

                “Oppa?” His ears perked up, “So it is true.”

                “What? Spit it out!” I was losing my patience. It was just like him to drag this conversation on for longer than it should be. He knows I hate him, so why wouldn’t the evil kid want to play with me?

                “I was passing a classroom on the 3rd years floor when I think I heard Leeteuk-sshi say something along the lines of: ‘So you think they’re dating? Secretly? Why would Ae-Young agree so quickly? Donghae-ah’s still pretty new…’. That’s about it.” He shrugged.

                “Do you know who Leeteuk was saying it to?” My eyebrows furrowed. It was out of character for Leeteuk to go and reveal private conversations. Unless it was important or he trusted that person entirely, he would never do it.

                “No clue. I waited around to hear who it was, but they didn’t say anything. Maybe ajusshi was talking to himself,” Kyuhyun joked. I narrowed my eyes at him. What a nasty joke….

                “Well Donghae and I aren’t dating,” I grabbed my stuff and rushed towards the door.

                “Ae-Young-ah!” His voice called after me. My hand rested on the doorway.

                “What?” I rolled my eyes and faced him.

                “Did you notice you’re calling Donghae-dongsang all informal terms? If you were dating, just saying his name or adding Oppa would be normal. But since you’re not….do you like him?” Kyuhyun’s head cocked to the side in thought.

                I blushed and my heart started beating frantically, “N-no!”

                He was quiet for a moment, but then responded, “I can tell when you’re lying.”

                I stormed from the lab room in embarrassment, but stopped short in the hallway when I heard him yell after me:

                “Better snag the kid soon! He’s pretty after all!”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                There was complete silence in the classroom. Our teacher was working us till the very last minute of the day, like he usually did. But since the end of the school day was nearing, our concentration dropped drastically. Kids pretended to read -some were on the same page for over 5 minutes-, others drew lazily in the margins. Everyone was so relaxed, except for me and one other person.

                Donghae and I hadn’t even exchanged a word since Saturday. When he came in this morning for class, he sat down without even looking at me, and his chair was farther away from me as it normally was. There was so much tension between us you could cut it with a knife. I sighed and checked the clock, three minutes left. The teacher was already starting to pack up his things.

                Keeping my eyes on the teacher, I slowly and quietly ripped out a piece of paper from my notebook. I scribbled on it and nudged it at Dongahe’s arm until he looked over and saw it. Yes, so far the teacher hadn’t seemed to see us.

                I’m sorry about Saturday, I wrote. Donghae contemplated a moment. I assumed he was determining whether or not to write back. He pulled out a pencil and wrote back in flawless hangul.

                It’s ok. I contributed to it too… We continued to write back and forth to one another while monitoring the teacher’s movements.

                No, it was Henry’s fault. I don’t know what came over him.

                He was very protective of you. Are you sure he’s only a friend?

                Yeah, of course. Nothing more. Don’t mind Henry, I still want to be friends. I almost wanted to add that last statement with underlining and red marker.

                Donghae hid his reply with his arm and passed it back, biting his grin. I curiously read it, and my jaw dropped.

                Who said we’re friends?! You’re weird…. :P

                Hey! I’m not weird!

                Says the person who spent their whole day stalking someone….

                Touché. 

                The bell rang then. Students who were flocked at the door like sheep made their escape. I crumpled the paper up and rose from my chair.

                “So we’re good?” I confirmed, slipping on my backpack.

                “We’re good,” Donghae spoke. I smiled at the sound of his warm and hypnotizing voice. I briefly glanced over his shoulder and there stood Henry. I made a face and Donghae turned to see.

                “Guess I can’t even walk out of class with you.” He laughed and slid backpack on.

                I sighed heavily, “Sorry,” I apologized and bid him goodbye. Henry stood at the doorway impatiently, tapping his foot like a pissed off mother. His face didn’t show annoyance, but it was clear in his mannerisms that he was not pleased.

                “Umm……hi?” I greeted. We had walked for a bit in silence. Henry didn’t speak to me when I had reached him. He had simply waited for me to reach him, and then trailed alongside me, keeping his eyes forward.

                “Hi,” He shortly replied. I frowned.

                “How was your day?”

                “Nothing special happened. And yours?”

                “Fine.”

                Can someone say awkward? Even his voice was a little different than usual. There was no cheeriness or excitement. I know for a fact that he spends lunch with Han Geng, Zhou Mi, and Heechul, so something interesting or plain stupid has bound to occur. How could it not with Heechul there. That guy was a very…….entertaining character.

                When we had reached outside of the school gates, I couldn’t take it anymore. I took three large strides and stopped in front of him. He wasn’t surprised, mostly emotionless or annoyed.

                “What’s wrong?” I placed one hand on my hip. I was not going to leave until I got an explanation. I couldn’t care less if the other kids saw what was going on.

                “Nothing.”

                “Bull !”

                “Ae-Young!” Henry’s eyes widened at my choice of words.

                “What? It’s not like you haven’t heard me swear before. Now, tell me what’s going on. You’re not acting the same, and it’s weirding me out.”

                He rolled his eyes and tossed his head to the side in exasperation, “Can you switch seats in class?”

                “So this is still about Donghae? What’s you’re beef with him?”

                “You know what I saw over the weekend!”

                “That was an accident,” I hissed, “That one time does not give you the authority to act like a sulking kid and label Donghae as a criminal for life!” I unleased all my harsh words at him.

                “Child?! Me?! You’re behaving just the same!” His voice started to escalate and we were attracting a few spectators. Henry noticed and pulled me off to the side behind the tree, farther from the kids.

                “What about what happened yesterday? Did we not make up already?”

                Henry stayed quiet. I scoffed and spoke again:

                “So I’m guessing that we’ll only be on good terms when something life threatening comes my way? I don’t want to lose my friendship with you over some guy.”

                Henry’s ears perked up, “Is he really only some guy?”

                I was not expecting that! My stomach sunk and my mind began to whirl. Was Donghae really only some guy? Even though I hardly knew him, there was something about him….something that completely separated him from the rest.

                “Stop evading my questions!” I huffed and stormed off from him. I didn’t know what to say. Would saying yes draw Henry further apart? Lying to him would make this even worse. Until we’ve both calmed down, I should just leave him alone.

                I pushed through people, searching for a certain housemate. It wasn’t that hard. Short, orange hair popped out from yards ahead. I sprinted up to him.

                “Leeteuk!” I called to him. He barely had enough time to turn around before I had grabbed his hand and dragged him far ahead from everyone else.

                “Woah woah woah! Hold up Younggie!” Leeteuk complained. I stopped at our street. The rest of the guys would take five minutes to get this far by walking. This way I had enough time to speak to him personally.

                “I heard that you revealed our conversation.” I  hissed at him.

                “what conversation?”

                “The one we shared this morning! About Henry. I thought it was personal!” I was hurt. It was clear that I did not want anyone else to know besides us, and there he goes, blabbing off our private conversations to the world!

                “It is!” Leeteuk tried to calm me down.

                “It is?” My voice was a bit hysterical. I was still wound up with Henry, Donghae, and Kyuhyun, so this problem was not helping at all, “then why did I hear a rumor that you were talking about it?!”

                “Someone heard me?” Leeteuk was shocked,  “Oh god Younggie, I had no idea! Who told you?”

                “That doesn’t matter,” I snapped back. No one knew about Kyuhyun and I’s relationship. And after the messy break up we went through, I intended to keep it a secret.

                “So you must know then,” Leeteuk sighed and scratched the back of his head, looking awkwardly away.

                “Know what?”

                His head snapped back, “So you don’t know?” He breathed a sigh of relief, “Good. It wasn’t the right time.”

                “Right time? For what?” Now I was so confused it wasn’t even funny. Teukie Umma mentioned earlier that he had a matter to solve with Henry…….so are they in on the plan together? What was so important that they had to keep it from me?

                “It’s nothing, you’ll find out soon,” Leeteuk waved me off and started walking down towards the house.

                “WHY?!” I exploded. Leeteuk whirled back around with wide eyes, “Why can’t you tell me? Do you not trust me enough?! We’ve never kept secrets! You’re “plan”, it has to do with Henry, right? Are you doing something to him to make him act so weird around me? What’re you trying to do Umma?!” I screamed.

                “Ae-Young!” Leeteuk approached with arms stretched towards me, “Stop screaming at me,” Both hands reached my shoulders and I grudgingly looked at that handsome face in front of me, “I’m not doing anything to Henry. The only thing I’m trying to do is help you.”

                “If you we’re actually helping me, you would have told me what was going on by now.”

                “I can’t,” I rolled my eyes at his excuse and brushed him off.

                “Where are you going?” Leeteuk yelled. I stalked off back up the street.

                “I’ll be home for dinner!” I replied vaguely and turned right at the corner, the opposite way from the school, and to my safe haven which I only visited in confusing times like these. With Henry, Donghae, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun, I needed to escape just for a while.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                The earthy aroma of emerald grass overwhelmed my senses. A quiet and fading drone of children and their parents could be heard from the playground. Lights flickered on in apartments facing the park, lighting it up with a hazy, yellow glow. The rushing of cars could also be heard from the street, and also the occasional honking of horns.

                I was currently lying face up at the orange, cloudy sky from the ground. Sure, there were benches available, but spread out with all limbs extended deemed very comfortable for me at the moment. There was a violent and sudden buzzing noise coming from my backpack near my head. It was my phone. No doubt it was one of my “brothers”. At this point, I didn’t care enough to even answer their calls. They would all probably yell at me. I closed my eyes.

                After a while of listening to the sounds around me and keeping my mind blank, my eyes snapped open in shock. Oh crap, I was supposed to be at the café today! Crap! Boss is going to have my head for not being there! I hastily pulled out my phone to check the time to see if I could at least make it there for an hour or two. I sighed angrily and threw it back in my backpack. No such luck, it was already 6:30. My shift would have ended now.

                Another sinking feeling rammed in like a punch. Donghae would be waiting there, just like he promised last time. I didn’t have anything to contact him by, and I was honestly not in the mood to get up and sprint to the café at this hour. The park was a long three blocks from there.

                I shivered at the light, cold breeze against my bare legs. It wasn’t very smart of me to stay out this late at night without a jacket. Especially only wearing a thin school blazer and cotton skirt. It’s about the time where I should be wearing the winter uniform…

                I didn’t even hear an approaching figure. I was so caught up in my own world of worrying to notice that the person had also stopped in front of me.

                “Ae-Young?”

                I opened my eyes. They widened and I sat straight up and quickly tried to cover my legs since my skirt had almost risen up to the high 4th of my thigh. Donghae wasn’t fazed by my actions. He just stood there calmly and waited for me to finish spazzing.

                “What’re you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the café?” Donghae asked.

                A pang of guilt hit me in the heart at his innocent and almost worried tone.

                “Y-yeah! I’m so so sorry about that! It’s just there’s been a lot going on, and I lost track of time, not to mention I actually do need that extra-”

                “It’s ok, stop.” Donghae ceased my rambling.

                “Sorry,” I blushed and stared at the grass. I heard him giggle and sit down next to me. I slid my bag closer to myself to make room for him.

                “What’re you doing here?” I started after a moment of awkward silence.

                “This is part of my route home. My house is actually right over there,” He pointed to an apartment complex to the far right of the park, overlooking it.

                “You’re house is here? That’s such a long walk home! You shouldn’t have to wait for me. You must not get home till like, 7!” I criticized him.

                “You worried about me?” His head cocked to the side and he flashed one of his heart melting smiles.

                “O-o-ofcouse!” I stuttered and mentally slapped myself for my stupidity. The other half of that sentence, Of course because you’re my friend, failed to make it passed my lips. My body wouldn’t let me say it. Not that I minded when I saw him glance away shyly.

                “So what’s got you so wound up?” Donghae questioned all of a sudden. He absentmindedly played with some blades of grass.

                Should I tell him? No, I can’t. What would come out of my mouth would be along the lines of:

                Everything! My best friend is acting like a total douche bag, my “umma” is keeping secrets of me which I think concern previously mentioned douche, my ex-boyfriend is now back haunting me, and somehow I’m getting these weird feelings when I’m around you that I haven’t experienced before!

                “Nothing, stress is just getting to me,” I opted to lie rather than get Donghae tangled into my mess.

                “God!” Donghae threw his head back in exasperation and turned to me with mildly annoyed eyes, “Just listening to your voice tells me that you’re lying! If you’re going to do it right, you have to brush up on your skills there.”

                “Sorry,” I chewed on the inside of my lip shamefully.

                “No,” Donghae responded quietly, “It’s ok.” There was a beat of silence.

                “Here, to take your mind off of whatever, tell me about yourself.” Donghae suggested with a newfound cheeriness. I eyed him suspiciously. How could someone go from one expression to another instantly like that? I’ve only seen Heechul and Zhou Mi do it, but I think it was more mood swings than anything. I swear they PMS. I even have that week marked down on my calendar.

                “What do you want to know?”

                “Hmm, what’s your favorite color?”

                “Color?” The corners of my lips raised lightly in amusement. Those were the exact types of questions one would answer on their first day of primary school or on a dating questionnaire, “Baby blue.” I answered seriously.

                “Not just blue? Baby blue?”

                “Yes, some shades of blue can be downright ugly,” I stuck my tongue out in distaste.

                Donghae chuckled, “Ok, then. Favorite food?”

                “Ooh that’s a hard one…” I thought for a while, “Uh, strawberries. Wait, no, uh, blackberries!”

                “Blackberries? You are strange!”

                “What! They’re delicious and nutritious!”

                “Advertising them for some event?” Dongahe’s eyes lifted into adorable crescents and I could see faint dimples on his cheeks.

                “Next question!”

                “Favorite movie?”

                “Kung Fu Panda!” I grinned widely.

                “Kung fu Panda?!” Dongahe doubled over in laughter, trying to catch his breath, “O-out of all the m-movies in the WHOLE world, you choose an animated A-American movie directed towards c-children? HAHAHHAHAHAHA!” He pointed and cackled.

                “Stop laughing!” I whined and pouted. He stopped and defended himself against my weak punches.

                “Why, may I ask? Is that your favorite movie?”

                “I love Disney movies! They’re so adorable! And I like ancient-style dramas and pandas so this is like a great combination of awesomeness! Have you seen it?!” I leaned forward, a bit too excited.

                “Of course I have. My little brothers love it! I’ve seen it so many times that I sometimes have dreams about it!” Donghae groaned and shook his fists at his own self-pity

                “You have little brothers?”

                “Yeah, 3 of them!” he shook his head.

                “How old are they?”

                “9,9, and 12.”

                “Aw, how cute!” I tried to imagine three little boys all resembling Donghae. It was just too cute.

                “Cute? They’re evil!” Donghae made devil horns with his index fingers. I playfully shoved him.

                “So mean!” I teased, ”Tell me about you.”

                “I’m not finished with mine yet!”

                “We have time to learn about me later,” I waved it off, “Tell me about you!”

                “You that interested?” Donghae twiddled with his thumbs and glanced at my from the side with his head on his bent legs.

                “Yeah!” I responded immediately. I blushed a light pink at my enthusiasm.

                “Well my favorite color is blue as well, my favorite food is fried rice, and as for a favorite movie, I don’t have one.”

                “Any specific type of blue?”

                “No, no any specific type of blue,” He mimicked my high pitched voice and we both laughed.

                “If you could go to any place in the world,” I began, “where would you go?”

                “Oh that’s hard,” Donghae bit his lip in concentration. That action made me want to release his soft lip from his teeth. My hand itched to touch him, and I gulped nervously. That kind of wanting was like something someone attracted to another would think? Was I that attracted to him? Sure, he was extremely good looking, but this feeling that was coiling in my stomach was something more. I never felt this way around Kyuhyun when we had dated.  Had I truly liked him?

                “Uh,” Donghae’s voice snapped me back from my thoughts, “I’d have to say two places. I can’t choose one over the other. I would go to New York, and to Japan.”

                “I wanna go there too!” I chirped back, “We should go together!”

                Then there was silence. I can’t believe I just said that to a gorgeous boy who I had just begun to know. I just realized that the sun had completely set, and all that was keeping the park aglow was the lights from the apartments, stores nearby, and passing of cars. Donghae was sitting millimeters from body to body contact with me. Had we moved that close during our conversation without even noticing?

                His chocolate brown eyes twinkled brightly. I stared back into them, completely drawn in and oblivious to my surroundings. All I saw was Donghae. Nothing could break my connection with him unless it was a speeding truck heading right at me. Even then, I don’t think I would have looked away.

                “I would like that,” He whispered. My neck and cheeks became hot and I was once again nervous. His body faced mine. I could hear something slither across the grass, and rest gently on top of my hand. My breathing hitched. It was Donghae’s hand.

                I bit my lip and slowly curled my hand around his. We kept eye to eye contact the whole time. I felt the warmth radiating from the soft muscle. It wasn’t scorching, but a happy medium in between. It was welcoming, inviting. His hand wasn’t that much bigger than mine, only by an inch, give or take a half.  It felt right. I didn’t want to let go.

                Donghae made another move. He intertwined our fingers and then it struck me like a lightning bolt. Right there and then, in the middle of the park, I realized that Donghae was extremely special. So special, that it didn’t take any second guessing to know that I liked him. Really liked him.

                What I was not expecting, was the sudden downpour of heavy rain. Ddangkoma was right. He was now my officical weather turtle.

 

 A/N: For those who thought the Cho in the first chapter was Choi, (you know, when Henry sees that Younggie has a problem with Kyuhyun), I AM TRULY SORRY!!!!!!!! I did NOT mean to mislead some of you on to believe that Siwon broke Younggie's heart! And for those Gaem Kyu lovers, I'm sorry your bias has to be a douche.....but he is the evil maknae after all! (But not THAT evil, you'll see eventually!!) Anyways, does anyone know how to create the main poster/picture thingy that featured storeis usually have? I don't have photoshop, so I won't be able to create one there. If there's like a website I can use to make one, I'd REALLY like to know it! Thanks for reading! :D (oh, and subscribing!)

P.S. : Kung Fu Panda is my all time favorite movie, no joke. I was watching the second one while writing this tee hee :P