Everyone Can Text

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: Ok, so this chapter starts out really slow, but I thought to myself, "A normal life does not always consist of drama!!" There will be at the end though, which I think I could have added more to the scene, but, eh. BTW, if there are U-KISS FANS that read this, I have an idea for another U-KISS oneshot, but I don't know which rapper to choose. It's in my poll section if anyone wants to vote. I'll keep it up for a while, and only remove it when I feel that I am satisfied with the number of votes. Here's chapter 11:

 

 

Your Pov

 

Zhou Mi strutted to the glass doors, pressed both hands on the handles, and made his grand entrance like he always did. With a smirk, he confidently turned a corner and ventured into his second home. Every store in this mall knew of this big spender. And if they didn’t, it wasn’t long till they knew to look for the extremely tall Chinese man with the big wallet.

“I’m betting he’ll spend ₩ 600,000 this time,” Heechul estimated as he saw Zhou Mi flit into Guess.

“No, more like ₩700,000,” Han Geng disagreed.

“Huh?” Siwon had no idea what we were talking about.

“Zhou Mi spends an obscene amount of money on clothes when we come to the mall once a month,” I filled him in, “And Heechul and Han Geng place bets. Whoever is the closest pays for bubble tea.”

“Mmm, bubble tea~!” Henry smiled at the thought and patted his stomach.

“Oh, and make sure you forget your wallet every time you go shopping with Zhou Mi,” Han Geng advised, “That leech steals money from me when he runs out.”

“It’s ok, if you don’t want to go bankrupt, you can run away now. We won’t tell,” Heechul put a finger to his lips in secrecy.

Just as Siwon was going to speak, Zhou Mi poked his head out from the opening of Guess.

“Come on in! I need people to hold my clothes!” He motioned towards him with an outstretched arm.

“Bye!” Han Geng and Heechul sprinted off in unison and scrambled up the escalators.

“Cowards,” I sulked and dragged my feet into the store with Henry and Siwon behind me. Even though he had only been in there for a couple minutes, he had a pile of clothes over his arm and the sales men and women pulling stuff for him. See what I mean? I bet they knew his size too.

“Here,” Zhou Mi equally distributed the clothes into our arms, “Now, we have to make this quick because I have to visit three more stores after this.” He his heel and headed back to the dressing rooms.

“How does he only spend 600,000 won per visit? This shirt is like 100,000!”Siwon gasped at a price tag.

“Oh, you misunderstood,” Henry laughed, “He spends about ₩600,000 per store.”

“…….Oh………”

I laughed at Siwon’s frozen expression, “Let’s go Wonnie.”

We spent a long time sitting on three plastic chairs that were conveniently there. Zhou Mi would pull back the curtain a minute or so before asking for another item. He didn’t ask for our approval, mostly because he had such confidence in his fashion sense. In half an hour, Zhou Mi had finished going through whatever he wanted to pick out, and went up to the register. In total, he spent ₩535,000 won. Hmm, that’s a tad less than usual.

Then it was onto BCBGMAXARIA. It was the same routine as Guess, but he spent 650,000. After that, it was Express and Calvin Klein. Siwon got stuck with the bags. Even having Henry take some barely lightened the load. Even though we weren’t the ones shopping, we were really tired. And Zhou Mi was all upbeat and energetic like an energizer bunny!

Being around all of the nice clothes did make me feel some sense of longing. I could never afford a simple, plain shirt with how high the prices are on everything. The only way Zhou Mi could is because he received a lot of money each month from his parents. For me to be able to buy these kinds of clothes, I would have to marry a very rich man or win the lottery….twice.

I was day dreaming as I toyed with a pretty blouse on a hanger while we were in Calvin Klein. Zhou Mi was at the counter, paying, and I didn’t know where the other two were. I also didn’t sense a person approach.

“Hi there, looking for anything particular?” An okay looking employee asked me. On a scale of one to Donghae, he was a…….6.

“No, thank you,” I nodded and faced the front where the cash register was with my hands clasped together.

“Ok, I’m Jin Young by the way, so find me if you need anything,” He flashed a crooked smile.

“Younggie dear!” A girly man scuttled over with things in his hands. When he got closer, I wanted to just fall flat with embarrassment. When did this guy get here?!

“Heechul, what are you doing with those?” I groaned and rubbed my forehead with the heel of my hand.

“What do you think? I’m asking you to try them on, of course,” He dangled the lingerie back and forth on their hangers, “I personally like the white with blue lace, so you should put that on first.”

“I’m fine!!!! Put them back!”

“Please? It has a pair of boxers that resemble it too! Couples lingerie!”

“I am not going to wear underwear similar to yours!”

“Quit your protesting, I know you want to see me in them!” Heechul sighed dramatically, grabbed my wrist, and stalked off with me. He was actually leading me to the dressing rooms……..

“What are you doing?” I yanked from his grasp once we were back there.

“Saving you from the flirt!” Heechul tossed the lingerie to the floor in a dressing room and closed the door to hide it, “You’re welcome!”

“But still, you didn’t need to traumatize the guy!”

“Eh? Am I the only one who thought his face was funny? I know you laughed deep down there…”

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes, “Thanks. Don’t go to creepy measures next time. That is, if it ever happens again.”

“Hey, if it were Donghae instead of me, I know for a fact you’d be all for it.”

“…………Where’s Han Geng?” I changed the subject.

“Out with Henry, heading to the bubble tea place. I won this time, so he’s picking up the tab. Make sure you get the large, cause Hannie wins almost every time.”

“Such a mean friend!” I laughed and we met Siwon and Zhou Mi at the store exit. That sales man was nowhere to be found….

“He would do the same to me!” Heechul scoffed.

“Who would do the same thing to you?” Zhou Mi questioned.

“Buy the largest cup of bubble tea to make Han Geng spend more,” I answered.

“No he wouldn’t! Geng is too nice.”

“That’s what you think at first. But after you get to know him really well……he unleashes his dark side!!”

“Maybe he’s only mean to you.”

“Hey!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“This is so good!” Heechul slurped his bubble tea greedily through his straw.

“Mhmm,” Henry leaned back in his chair and glanced around the food court absentmindedly.

“What flavor did you get?” I asked him.

“Green tea. What about you?”

“Mango.”

Zhou Mi and Siwon were sharing a lovey moment. I don’t know what they were giggling over, but they were watching something on Zhou Mi’s large smart phone. Siwon had both arms around Zhou Mi while resting his head on his right shoulder and watching intently. It was cute. Heechul and Hang Geng were mainly talking about the dance club at school, but would often run off into other topics. It was, for once, normal until someone had to interrupt.

“Ae-Young Unnie!” A younger girl approached with a wave. I internally groaned.

“Hi there Mae Ri!” I forced a smile.

Park Mae Ri was a girl in her last year of junior high. I was her Unnie in school, so when she first transferred, I looked after her for a little until she made friends. I didn’t mind being on friendly terms with her, but she revealed her true colors one day. She was boy crazy. Specifically crazy for Henry. I was ok with it at the beginning, but she kept pestering me about him every moment we were together which drove me crazy. It was like the only thing she could talk about!

“Hi Henry,” Mae Ri added shyly. Henry, who was also a bit annoyed by his semi-stalker, nodded in return.

“What’re you guys doing here?”

“We just finished shopping, same with you?” I made the effort to incorporate small talk. There is no reason to create an enemy out of her.

“Yeah, I’m out with two friends,” She pointed back to two girls I didn’t know that we whispering while staring at us near a potted plant.

“Henry, could I talk to you personally for a moment?” Mae Ri inquired nervously. Henry paused, like he wanted to reject, but followed her to a table not too far away. They didn’t sit, but continued to stand while conversing.

“Feel any sense of jealously?” Zhou Mi asked me.

“No,” I twisted back around in my chair to face the guys, “I just feel bad, he might reject her.”

“What’s wrong with the guys in her grade?” Han Geng was still observing the two.

“I don’t know, she must like older men. She even said some boy had the hots for her too. His name was Changmin, or something like that…..” I trailed off as I tried to remember the past texts and conversations we had.

“Then why not go for him?”

“Apparently he has giant ears!” I waved in large circular motions with my hands.

After I said that, Henry came back. He sat down without a word. I twisted back around in my seat to see that Mae Ri and her friends were gone.

“So, what did she want?” Heechul sprung up the subject.

“She wanted to know if I wanted to go out with her sometime.”

Ha, I knew it!

“But I rejected her. She’s too young. And I told her that I liked someone else.”

I blushed at Henry’s words and silently on my bubble tea through the thick straw.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I was doing my homework later that night when I received a text message. It was from Donghae.

Hey, do you want to go out tomorrow?

I smiled and replied back.

Yeah! What time?

I got the next one from him before I even put the phone down.

Is four good? I have to watch Taemin and Kai for a while.

My eye brows furrowed, Why?

My mom has a thing with her friends, so she won’t be able to watch over them, he explained.

I’d love to see them! Why don’t I just come over earlier and hang out with you guys?

Time went by for five minutes before Donghae replied again.

Nooonaaa! Please come over!!!!!!! Oh, btw, this is Taemin J

I laughed. How did Taemin know how to text? And use lingo? Aww, that kid was so cute~! I got a message back, this time from Donghae.

Sorry! I left my phone for a moment to stop Kai from hiding Key’s stuff, but Taemin found it.

Haha, it’s ok. When did you teach Taemin to text?

I didn’t……Key did. When he’s busy doing something, he asks Taemin to type to his friends. It’s like child labor….

Kekeke, Taemin has to teach me! I’m so bad!

You know, I could always teach you ;)

I didn’t respond, but stared at that text warily. Was that Donghae, or…….

Well, that, & among other things….. I got another text message when I didn’t respond.

This isn’t Donghae……is it? I cautiously typed. When my phone buzzed again, I hurriedly opened it.

No Babe, it’s Key! So……what are you wearing? ;)

Key…….how did you get ahold of your brother’s phone?

I stole it and locked myself in the bathroom J He keeps banging against the door.

Kekeke, Key, give it back to him!!!!!

Wae?!?!

DO IT!

I waited another 10 minutes until I got the response. This time it wasn’t Key, Taemin, or Donghae.

Hi Noona! It’s Kai! I used a hair pin to unlock the door, and got the phone back from Key. He’s really weak, so it wasn’t that hard. :P Donghae wants you to come over, so come around…..11. We can do stuff together. I give you back to Dong Dong. Bye Noona! J

I laughed really hard at Kai’s nickname for his Hyung. Dong Dong?! Aish, these twins are just too adorable for words.

Hey, it’s Donghae.

Keke, hi! Kai set the time, so I’ll be at your place at 11?

Yeah. But meet us down in the park below my apartment. Kai’s been itching to get out on the playground.

Ok! See you then!

Bye!

Bye Dong Dong! <3

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I awoke the next morning with a new resurgence of energy I had only felt a few select times. They occurred on Christmas and the day of high school entrance exams, but other than that, I was usually a very crabby and groggy riser. I was run so tightly on some invisible battery that it took me only 20 minutes to change, fix my hair, brush my teeth, put on my minimal make up, and make my bed.

As I entered the main living space, I was met with the predictable. Kangin and Yesung had their eyes glued to the TV, still disheveled and in their pajamas. Sungmin and Leeteuk, the chipper risers, were busy about the kitchen, making their own breakfast and talking. They were in their pajamas as well, but their hair and faces did not resemble ones that just got out of bed, so they had already prepped themselves a bit for the oncoming day to come. The last two that were missing were Henry and Zhou Mi. Since they are heavy and late sleepers, the duo mostly slept in till 11 on the weekends. That is, when they did not have plans, like today.

“Morning,” Leeteuk greeted me.

“Morning.”

“Are you going out?” He noticed my current attire.

“Yeah. I’m going to meet up with Donghae and his brothers.” I strolled into the kitchen and munched on a banana from the bowl of fruit set on the counter.

“Do you know when you’ll be back?”

“Not really…..but I should be back by dinner.” I estimated.

“Are you going to be alright just eating that?” Sungmin watched me throw out the banana peel after I had finished eating the potassium enriched food.

“Yeah. I’ll be fine. I don’t eat much for breakfast anyways.” I banged my fist on my chest to try and get a slow moving chunk of banana to move faster.

“No you won’t,” Leeteuk disagreed, “Take this,” He handed me a granola bar.

“Ok,” I sighed and took it from him. I glanced up at the microwave and saw it was 10:30, “I’m going to go.”

“Bye!” Leeteuk and Sungmin said in unison.

I walked over to the foyer and slipped on my flats and grabbed my purse. I had my hand on the door knob, and said a goodbye to Yesung and Kangin.

“Mmm,” They grumbled back in acknowledgement.

The trip there wasn’t that bad. It was sunny and without a cloud in the sky, which meant it was perfect weather to be playing outdoors. There were many cars out, for some reason. Which was unnatural because it was early in the afternoon for a Sunday. By the time I got there, Donghae, Taemin, and Kai were out and on the playground.

“Hi guys!” I shouted. Their heads turned in my direction. I waved.

“Hi Noona!” Taemin waved ecstatically with both hands and jumped down from the top level of the playground to the lower to slither down the zig zag slide. Kai smiled and jumped down from the uppermost level which had Donghae scrambling to make sure he hadn’t hurt himself.

“That was a big jump, Kai!” I commented. I set down my purse on the grass where I could see it and stepped into the wood chip box.

“So big it shouldn’t be repeated,” Donghae added sternly. Kai smiled sheepishly and joined Taemin in a hug for me. I laughed and squeezed back tightly. The twins ran off and continued to play around.

“I haven’t been on one of these in ages!” I said in amazement.

“Really? I’m here with those two maybe once every two weeks.”

“That’s nice. Does Kai do those kinds of stunts often?” I giggled as the tike yet again, flew off of the swing at its highest point. Donghae cringed when he saw Kai fall on all fours, but Taemin helped him up, and Kai got straight back on, without any injuries.

“All the time. It scares my mom so bad.” Donghae shook his head.

“Hasn’t he broken anything yet?”

“Not yet.” Donghae perked up when he remembered something, “Oh, and don’t ever call me Dong Dong.”

I burst out into laughter, “That was so cute! Kai’s so funny!”

“Yeah, hahaha, it’s hysterical!” Donghae rolled his eyes with heavily implied sarcasm.

“Fine, is Hae better?” Isuggested another nickname.

“Much better,” Donghae smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

“Ok, time to unleash my inner kid,” I rubbed my hands in anticipation and went for the monkey bars.

As I kid I loved the monkey bars. I didn’t mind heights, and I would constantly push myself to see how many bars I could overtake to get to the end without falling. That, and how long I could hang there while holding onto a single bar. It made me think back to when I still lived with my mom and dad. I missed them a lot, but when it came for winter break, I would get to go back to see them.

I was doing well with the rhythm that I moved forward on the bars, but my hands were getting sweaty and I slipped. I immediately went down like a rock in water. I was expecting to feel the harsh poking of the wood chips, but it was replaced by the tight grip of a pair of arms. Donghae had caught me.

“Jeez, looks like I need to watch over you more than Kai,” Our noses touched gently.

“I just had a bad grip!” I insisted and pouted.

“I deserve a reward for my heroic efforts!” Donghae smirked knowingly.

“Do you have anything in mind?” I played along coyly.

“Of course I do, jagiya,” He whined that I wasn’t giving him what he wanted.

“What is it?”

“Popo!” He rubbed his head so we shared an eskimo kiss. I smiled and tilted my head for a peck.

“Is that what you wanted?” I asked after we had pulled away.

“More~.”

We heard giggling behind us. I slightly turned to see Taemin and Kai staring at us as well as some other mothers with their kids. They smiled at us dearly, and conversed together how it was to be in love. I blushed lightly.

“We’ve attracted everyone’s attention.”

“So?” Donghae rested his head on the juncture between my neck and shoulder.

“Put me down, Hae.”

“Aniya.”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Noona, it’s your turn!” Kai urged me to step forward onto our invisible plate. We were playing kickball in a big grassy area. Kai and I were on one team, Donghae and Taemin were on the other. Donghae was the pitcher at the moment, and Taemin was playing the outfield.

“No, you go ahead.” I declined.

“Chincha? Ok!” Kai aligined himself with Donghae, and readied himself for the ball. Donghae posed like a baseball pitcher, and released the red ball with an overdramatic grunt. Kai waited to strike until the ball was half a foot from him. He bit his tongue in concentration and came through the ball with a big bang. The ball soared over Donghae and Taemin’s head, and finally came down near the edge of the grassy field.

“Woah! Such a good kick!” I nodded. Kai took off quickly, and had run across the home base even before Taemin got the ball. I laughed as Taemin missed catching it a few times, and ran after it as it rolled down the path. It was starting to exit the park, so I went to go assist him.

Like I predicted, the ball had rolled out of the park and onto the street. Since the cars had been stopped by a red light up the road, and there were no cars coming the other way, I stayed close to the sidewalk and let Taemin get the ball. What I didn’t know because I did not live here, is that there was a hidden street I could barely see.

There was a stop sign, but the large truck either did not see it, or ignored it. Since the street was so close to us, the truck swung out quickly, just yards from Taemin. The height of the truck from the ground was also so great, I was almost positive it could not see the little kid. I had a split second decision, and I chose the most reckless one.

I dove to Taemin. I had a moment to shove him towards the sidewalk, but I didn’t have enough time to get up. There was a huge surge of pain to my left side, and then all I saw was black. The last thing I heard was Taemin screaming my name.

 

A/N: So, whaddya think? The whole Henry thing was sort of unimportant, same with the shopping.....THere will be some more exciting moments in the next update though, so get ready~! And no, there will not be amnesia. I hate it when I come across a good progressing story, and find out that the author just adds in a random car accident that makes the heroine lose all their memories, just so they can add in drama/suspense! I personally think there are too many stories like that. Oh, and sorry if that applies to anyone's stories!!! Anyone happy for Teen Top's comeback? I'm so excited! I absloutely love chunji <3, so i make gif spam of teen top:

 

 

: 1800_wgb.giftumblr_lezpsdIA9b1qdi2vyo1_500.gifYes You Are Oppa :)

Oh Chunji. Wae?tumblr_lfv2mfemtn1qcq8k2o1_500.gif

 

tumblr_m54xkiS1np1rqreymo1_250.gifimage