Day 2 in Japan- Date Night~!

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: Hi! Author-nim is ready with chapter 27! We are now back in Japan, and last time we met up with the y Jaejoong, who told our main character about a romantic place for her and her beau~! Wow, ok, that was totally weird. Never will I give a summary like that again! Don't judge meee! Haha, but here, behold:

 

“Hyung! Here’s your ice cream!”  Yesung jogged with two vanilla cones towards Kangin. Just as he was going to place it in Kangin’s outstretched hand, Yesung’s shoe caught on the ground, sending him and both the ice creams to the ground. Yesung and Kangin were silent for a moment, and then the screaming began.

“What have I done?!” Yesung cried at the sky.

“You have dishonored your family!” Kangin pointed at the turtle on the ground, “Commit seppuku now to atone for your sins!”

“But what about my family?!” Yesung begged.

“Ddangkoma will die for your insolence!”

Yesung choked, but still removed the spoon from his pocket, “Gomen! Gomen, Ddangkoma!” And with that, samurai Yesung the spoon into his gut, and toppled to the ground in perfect homicidal position.

“What the hell are you guys doing?” Sungmin paused, noticing his deceased brother lying on the ground when he was skipping by, taking pictures.

“NOO! Why did he have to die this way?!” Henry flung himself onto the concrete and placed a hand on Yesung’s back, “WHY!!!!”

“You all have some issues,” Sungmin then trotted off to take pictures of the cherry blossoms.

“Umma, do we have issues?” Yesung and Henry simultaneously asked Leeteuk, who was sitting on the fountain’s edge next to Kangin. Leeteuk briefly looked up from his phone and back down again.

“Yes.”

“You’re so mean!” Yesung whined.

“Aren’t you supposed to be dead?!”

“Ouch,” Kangin sympathized with the two on the ground.

Hae and I were off at the ice cream stand, each ordering ours. He took a strawberry while I made an attempt at being more open minded and tasting the red bean flavor. I took a . Hmm….. pretty tasty, but an acquired characteristic for sure.

“So, the place you told me about yesterday, I think we should go.” Donghae was referring to the Sensoji Temple Jaejoong had told me about. When he and I were on the subway going back to the hotel, I told him of the place. He said that it would be out of our way, but not to rule it out just yet.

“Really?” I smiled, “When?”

“Since we have no time,” Donghae reminded us that it was already 12 in the afternoon, “How about later today?”

“And we can stay out for dinner too!”

“Good plan!” Donghae and I high fived, “I was doing some research on it last night, and the pictures are really cool. I wanna go so bad now!” Donghae took a of his ice cream.

“We have to buy souvenirs. It’s our second to last day here.” I commented.

“Definitely. I’d like to see you in a yukata too,” Donghae winked. I laughed and playfully pushed him.

“Same goes to you! But in one with flowers!”

“Prints don’t look good on me,” Donghae disagreed.

“True. They’d look great on Jaejoong,” I joked with two flirty eye lash bats.

“Of course! Jaejoong was just born amazing,” Donghae said sarcastically, “Maybe you should go date him!”

“I would never. You’re the only one for me~,” I teased and Donghae smiled.

“Want to repeat that over the recorder on my phone so I can send that to Key?”

I laughed, “Key would murder you once we get back to Seoul.”

“And it would be less competition for Taemin.”

“Competition?” There was no way Taemin could….

“He has a crush on you too,” Donghae bit his lower lip cutely.

“No way! That’s too cute!” My heart swelled at the thought of little Taemin having a crush on me. He was just precious, so adorable.

“Yes way! I don’t know what witchcraft you’re pulling, but stop before Kai gets in too!”

“I’m not doing anything, I swear!” I made a cross with my arms.

“You must be doing it subconsciously, with your mind!” Hae wiggled his fingers near his forehead.

“You’re such a dork!”

“And you like it~!” He sang and shimmed his shoulders. Yes, I very much liked it. Well liked him a lot more, bordering on that four lettered dangerous word. How, no, when would it be a good time to say it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Wow! This is so cool!” I gasped at the entrance of the Sensoji Temple. It’s formally called the Kamimarimon gate. Hanging from it to the inside of the temple area, was a huge, red ball. It looked like a giant, solid, paper lantern! There were a lot of people pausing to take their pictures with it, so it would definitely be hard to take one if we wanted to.

“I wonder what they writing means,” Donghae and I noticed black Chinese characters on the ball.

“I have no idea,” I agreed and we side stepped a large family that was moving very slow in a pack in the middle of the wide concrete walking space, “Where’s our Chinese translators when you need them?” I was careful not to specifically say Henry. That would just bring up tension if I did.

The night was a bit nippy. Early today it was cold, but I swear it must have dropped near to freezing. Breaths took shape of puffy, white clouds and noses turned red from the occasional winds that would have you running for the closest heat source. Mine, conveniently, was a very good looking guy.

We passed through the Kamimarimon gate, and were met with a spectacle. Jaejoong wasn’t kidding! There were pop up shops and stands filling in every nook and cranny inside the temple grounds. Because of the open space between the shops, it was easy to walk eight abreast. It was so cool to see what everyone had to sell. The products ranged from traditional kimonos, tea sets, inexpensive jewelry, clothing, accessories, you name it! What couldn’t you get in this place?

Hae and I were passing by when he suddenly stopped at a certain stall. I paused with him to see stuffed animals, cute paper weights, pretty drawings of Japanese landscape, magnets, tiny traditional Japanese dolls, and phone charms. The merchandise was hanging from corkboards that were suspended off of grids hung on the shop’s structure to provide more room to put down more items. It was packed!

Donghae mainly had his eyes on the variety of charms. He scanned them briefly, before swiping one and then giving the vendor the price that was stuck on the back of the plastic sleeve it was in. Practically as soon as we left the stall and began walking again, he was already opening what he bought.

“That desperate for it?” I asked when Donghae resorted to using his teeth when he couldn’t tear open the plastic. Hae merely tugged harshly and the top ripped open for him to pull out his purchase. I couldn’t tell what it was because of how small the charm was, but he enclosed it in his fist and turned to me as we walked.

“Hand me your cell phone.” Hae held out his palm to me.

“Ok,” I immediately handed it to him without question. As I saw him open his other palm again to play with the charm, I smiled. Once the loop went through the divot on the bottom of my phone, I could see the charm was for me. I let my eyes wander while he tried to put it on.

“Jjang!” Donghae sang after a minute or so. I turned my head back to the left to see him holding up my phone with a dark pink orb dangling from a lighter pink strap. I smiled and took it from him to examine the ball more closely. As I twirled it around in my index and thumb finger, I could see it wasn’t just an orb, but a fruit of some sort with a daisy on its right side of its forehead, peering up at me with an adorable smile. How could the Japanese make everything so cute?!

“Thanks, but you didn’t have to do this,” I said.

“But it was a couple’s charm. If I only wore mine and kept the other, it would look weird,” Donghae pulled out his phone to show me a baby pink version of mine, but its eyes were closed and a coy smile graced its chubby cheeks. I held our phones up close to examine the two charms, and was surprised when the charms gravitated toward each other like magnets!

“That’s so cute!” I laughed when the two peach, fruit things connected together at the mouth in a kiss.

“I had no idea,” Donghae, “And they were so cheap!”

“I guess we can mark this off as our souvenirs.”

“But you know, if we don’t get Eunhyuk and Heechul something, we’ll never hear the end of it.”

“True. Maybe we should get Eunhyuk something banana related.” I pondered.

“Bananas? Why?”

“Because he looks like a monkey!”

Donghae paused in thought before laughing, “I see it!”

“Glad to know it’s not just me, or this would have been a tad awkward,” I giggled, and out of the corner of my eye, a monkey related hat caught my eye and I dragged the two of us to the item.

The rest of the temple grounds were absolutely amazing. It was like a city within a city. A Pagoda towered over the low to the ground buildings, with stores in front of it selling good luck charms, talismans, scrolls, and scripts. Inside was a large incense burner, swarmed by people praying and lighting their own sticks.

There was a main hall, which was the main attraction, according to Donghae’s book. The air was so thick with incense that I could barely breathe after being inside it for a bit. The walls were covered in gold from top to bottom, and from a dark screen in the back, we could see a room worshipping the idols. This easily was the coolest part.

Two hours had passed, and Donghae and I were nibbling on bean-jam buns we had bought at a shop. He and I took a pic near another smaller temple, Asakusa Jinja, which had an enormous light gate in front of it. I bit into my green tea flavored bun and tightened my scarf around my neck to brace myself from the cold.

“Hey,” Donghae suddenly said, “Come with me.” He held his hand outstretched to mine. I nodded and swallowed the rest of my mush in the corner of my cheek. He led us down the stone steps of the temple, and off to the paved path to what looked to be a garden.

The paved, populated path disappeared from our site, enclosing us in a tranquil, private garden. There was still a paved path, but small enough only for a person at a time.  It was breathtaking. Trees loomed down overhead, and our only light source was from the stars and the dim lighting from the covered candles along the outer edges of the path. In front, off to the right, was yet another smaller, ancient building that might have been for living in. We were met with a bridge arching over a trickling brook below, and a cherry blossom tree that swayed gently back and forth.

“How did you know this was here?” I asked when he stopped us on the bridge.

“I saw a couple go in through here when we passed by earlier,” Donghae told me. I heard a bang from the left, and faced the direction where the sound came from. A sharp whistling sound screamed, died out, and then the sky was painted with sparkling gold and red.

“Fireworks!” I exclaimed and jumped over to the edge of the bridge. Since it was small, the lower parts of my thighs, close to my knees, were pressed against the top of it. The top was so low that my arms couldn’t support my weight, and the only way to do that would be to crouch. Three more explosions went off, this time in green, blue, and pink.

I could feel Donghae’s arms encase me tightly, and the front of his body press against the back of mine. His head rested on my shoulder, and I rested my arms on top of his. I sighed. It was so nice….

I tilted my to the left to see the fireworks reflecting in the dark surfaces of his eyes. After a while, he noticed my staring, and reciprocated my action. A gust of wind blew by, and some cherry blossom petals swirled with the current, catching in Hae’s hair and kissing his cheeks when they fluttered by. My hand reached upwards to remove the flowers, and curl around his ear and the side of his face on its own accord. He smiled ever so slightly.

“Ae-Young,” He began and his voice became very hushed and quiet, “I-” Hae broke off and didn’t continue his sentence.

“You what?”

“…Nothing,” Hae shook his head, and opted to give me a chaste kiss instead.

The moment was so peaceful and romantic that I didn’t want it to end. But, of course, I can never have it my way, even without the boys around to mess it up. A group of loud and rambunctious kids came tearing by at full speed across the bridge. They bumped into us, which was enough to send Donghae and I falling into the water below. Thank god it was only two feet deep.

I spit the ice cold water out of my mouth that dripped down my face. Hae was lying next to me, rubbing a sore spot on his and his clothes were drenched like mine. I thought it couldn’t get any worse, until I let out a giant sneeze that had me coughing afterwards. Crap.

 

A/N: This was.....a lot shorter than I expected. It was supposed to be more meaningful and romantic but.....I'm on a real bad writer's block, and I literally haven't even started a chapter for my other story which is supposed to be out in two days *face palm*. I need some inspiration!!!!! But, whaddya think? Comment por favor! (Mi Espanol es muy bueno....not really..) And the down and up arrow thing? I like the intention, but the down arrow thing is so going to be abused! I'm scared for those (and myself) who might be victimized by trolls that just dislike comments and stuff in wild abandon, while hurting the poor commentor's karma points! D: Well, see you next week!