Chapter 9

Hot and Cold

 

Oh no.


“What?!” I yelled out.


“Is that a reaction of excitement or----“


“I strongly disagree! I don’t even like you to start with.” I said while facing him.


“Oh, I see. Playing hard to get eh?” he just smirked and started to look at me teasingly.


“Of course not. I just don’t like you! That’s it!” I said and diverted my sight somewhere on the side.


He was silent at that time and in thought.


“Ows? Is it just because you never dated before?”


He’s really a jerk. I glared at him. Well... He’s right about that. I never dated a guy before. But for goodness sake, why does he keep on guessing things correctly??


“Are you kidding me? O-Of course I experienced dating before.” I said hesitantly. As you know, that’s a lie. I don’t want to lose to him.

 

“Really? Then why are you nervous? I’m just asking.”


He keeps on smirking at me.


“Ugh! Will you stop interrogating me! It gives me a headache.”


I can really feel my face heating up. And I don’t know why. I just turned my head to the other direction.


“Awwww… you’re blushing and it’s cute.” He said as he tried to see my face.


“Cut it out, will you?!” As I faced him, he was pouting. And it’s undeniably adorable of him.


“Fine! You win!”


He was surprised on what I said.

 

“I’ll…I’ll go on a date with you..” I said weakly. I feel so small right now.


He puts his hands on my shoulders and looked at me.


“Hey, cheer up! You could bring someone along if you want.”


The first person I could think of at that time was Hara. But I don’t want to bother her with this.


“Uhm, when will it gonna be?”


He stood up and went to lie on his bed.


“Hmmm, tomorrow will be great.”


“Tomorrow?” I looked at him who was lying on his bed with his eyes closed.


“Yeah. 10 am at the amusement park.” He replied


“Oh. Okay.” I said weakly. *sigh*


I remembered that he requested me to play another one. After this, I’m gonna go home. It’s already 7 pm.


Then, I begin to play something nice.


DBSK - You're My Miracle (Piano)

 

----------

 


----




---------
 



----


When I finished playing, the atmosphere was very quiet. I looked at Jaejoong and wondered if he’s asleep or just closing his eyes.


“Hey.” I said in a typical tone.


I stood up and went near him. I bend forward to see him closely. Looks like he’s sleeping… or not. I really don’t know.


Right now, I don’t know why I’m staring at his face. This really feels awkward for me. I cleared my throat first before saying anything.

 


“Jaejoong ah, I need to go home now.”


I was surprised when he smiled.


“Okay. Thanks for the wonderful music you played.” Then he opened his eyes and looked at me. “Why were you staring at me a while ago?”


I immediately took my sight off him and straighten my posture.


“You were closing your eyes. How can you know I was staring or not?” I immediately got up.


He stood up from the bed and took off his glasses.


“Because I can sense it.” Oh My God. I want to kill him right now for being so conceited. ”Vick wouldn’t lie if I said so. Right Vick?”


“ARF! ARF!”


*sigh* not to mention this dog of his. I forgot Vick was still at the corner and unexpectedly observing my actions. Hmph!


“I was just… planning to wake you up, that’s all.” I said calmly as I could. He just chuckled on what I said. Whatever. “Anyway, I got to go home now.”


He accompanied me outside their house. He waved goodbye as I went in the taxi.


I went home safely. I reached for the telephone and dialed Hara’s number. I wasn’t supposed to do this but I’ll just try.


“Hello, Is Hara there?”


-“Oh, Yeonhee. What is it?”


“Uhm, something came up.”


-“What happened?”


“I need to go on a date with Kim Jaejoong tomorrow.”


-“What?! Why?”she almost yelled in reply.


“He said he’ll really keep his word on not teasing me again if I go on a date with him.”


-“Woah. It’s not surprising for him to have such an idea.”


“Yeah… Uhm, Hara, can I ask you a favor?”


-“Huh? What is it?”


“He said that it’ll be tomorrow at 10 am in the amusement park. Can you accompany me in going there?”


-“Hmm, okay. Don’t worry, I’ll accompany you.”


“Thanks Hara.”


-“Aww, no need to say thanks. We’re best friends after all.”


After that talk, I said goodbye to her and just went to my room to rest. *sigh*


[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]


---------------------------------


7:06 AM


Jaejoong and Taegoon went to the gym together. They usually workout in the morning during weekends.


----



-------------



----
 


-------------


They were resting already and just sit for a while.


“Jae, how’s your car?” Taegoon asked before he drank his bottled water.


“Oh, they said I could get it tomorrow morning. *sigh*, I miss my car already.” He said while pouting.


“Just wait ‘til tomorrow comes. Anyway, I can’t concentrate on working out. The manager in here keeps on asking questions. I can’t handle oldies, you know that.”

 

“I think she likes you, hyung. I guess it can’t be helped.” Jaejoong chuckled for a bit before continuing. “We’ve kept on going to another workout place and that’s one of the reasons why. If you ask me, well, its fun to see fan girls around but they intimidate me sometimes.”

 

“Tss. If that’s the case, why don’t you get a girlfriend?”

 

Taegoon’s words startled Jaejoong. He looked at his hyung with a grin.


“Huh? You know I got many affairs.” He chuckled.
 

“What I mean is a permanent one.”

 

“Oh well, I just don’t know if I’ll find that kind of girl these days. Besides, the charming guy Kim Jaejoong has a lot of things to do.” Then he laughed by himself.


Taegoon just looked at him, unsure if Jaejoong is still in his sane mind. “Things like what?” he questioned.


“Like my date later at 10.”

 

He wasn’t surprised anymore by his response.


“With who?”

 

“With Lee Yeonhee.” Jaejoong responded smirking.


“Oh, you mean Hara’s friend?”


“Yup.”


Taegoon stood up and walked to the dressing room


“I can give you a ride later if you want.”


“Geez, thanks hyung. I was waiting for you to offer me a ride.” He said with a happy face.


“Yeah, whatever.”

 

Jaejoong then followed Taegoon to the dressing room and changed clothes too.


--------------------------------


8:48 AM


Jaejoong and Taegoon went out after fixing themselves. Taegoon dropped Jaejoong at their house first before leaving.


“See you later, Jae.”

 

“Yeah. Thanks hyung.”


Then he left. Jaejoong went inside their house and rest for a while in his room.


Minutes later, he took a bath and started preparing.


-----------------------------


[-Yeonhee’ s pov-]


“Yeonhee, are you alright in there?” Hara asked.


Right now, I'm in my room changing clothes in my walk-in closet.


“Yeah. I’ll go out in a minute.”


I chose the one that’s just simple to look at ‘cause I’m not comfortable in wearing too showy clothes. After that, I went out from my walk-in closet.


“Yeonhee, you look mature on those clothes. But it’s really nice.”

 

“Yeah, I’ve noticed it too. Besides, girly clothes don’t fit me. It fits you the most, like what you’re wearing now.” I smirk at her as she takes a look at the clothes she was wearing.


“It’s not like you saw me wear this kind of clothes just this time. Besides, yours doesn’t fit me either.”


Both of us just laughed. Well, she’s probably right about that. Even though we’re best friends, we don’t have the same taste in clothes.


Then I put on my doll shoes and got my pouch. After that, we left our house. We were already at the taxi when I suddenly felt nervous and I don’t have any idea why.


[-End of Yeonhee’ s pov-]


----------------------------------


Taegoon reached Jaejoong’ s house and Jaejoong was already outside of their house waiting. He immediately went inside the passenger seat and Taegoon drove off.


The amusement park was just 15 minutes by travel from their house. As they arrived there, Jaejoong noticed that Yeonhee didn’t arrive yet.


“Hyung, is it okay if we wait for Yeonhee before you leave?”


“Sure. No problem.”


He glanced at his wrist watch and it’s still 9:49 AM. He decided to go out from the car and just rest his back from it, looking on every direction to see if Yeonhee is already there. He noticed that there were girls looking at him. ‘I guess it can’t be helped.’ He just smiled at the thought.


Meanwhile, in the taxi...


Yeonhee and Hara arrived at the amusement park. They went out of the taxi after paying the fare.


“Where is he?” she said as she searched the area.


Another Valentine - Bassmonkeys & Etherfox


But as she looked around, she caught his eyes as they were like looking at each other.


‘Is that him? He looks… great.’ Yeonhee thought.


Jaejoong ♥


‘Yeonhee? She’s too gorgeous right now.’ Jaejoong thought.


Yeonhee ♥


“Oh, there’s Jaejoong.” Hara said.


Then both girls walked towards Jaejoong who was still staring at Yeonhee.


“Hey.” He greeted Yeonhee and she just smiled at him. Both of them feel so awkward.
 

 

QUOTE

AUTHOR's NOTE: Even I could feel the awkwardness and tension between them..hehehe ^^,

 


Hara noticed the appearance of the car where Jaejoong was resting his back. It was really familiar to her. Suddenly, someone came out of the driver’s seat.


“Jae, is she here yet?” as he closed the door, he caught sight of Hara.


Hara and Taegoon looked at each other and wondered on each others presence.


“What are you doing here?!” they said it at the same time. They looked at the other direction and Taegoon cleared his throat before looking at her again.


‘Damn, I can’t resist her cuteness right now.’ Taegoon thought.


Hara ♥


‘It’s the first time I’ve seen him not wearing our uniform. Yet…he looks stunning right now.’ Hara thought.


Taegoon ♥


Jaejoong was confused on their sense of communication. But he thought of a crazy idea again.


“Hyung, why don’t we call it a double date.” He said smirking at him.


“What are you talking about?” Taegoon glared at him.


“You and Hara then Yeonhee and me. Since both of you are in your appropriate ‘dating’ clothes, it’ll be great to have one.”


“Don’t be ridiculous, Jaejoong. I’m not hanging out with this guy.” Hara said.


“This little...Hey you! Don’t forget your debt!” he said while walking towards her.


“Sure do. I’m not backing off!” she said as she glared at him.


Kim Taegoon doesn’t accept losing especially to a girl. He thought of an idea to challenge her.


“Okay then. We’re in, Jae.” He said calmly. His words made her glare at him more.


“Say what?! I won’t allow this! And why would I agree to that?”


“Let’s just say you’ll pay off your debt after this date.” he looked at her with a teasing smile.