Chapter 10

Hot and Cold

 

[-Hara’s pov-]

 

What the?! He’s crazy!

 

“Hara!” Yeonhee called my name as she was looking down. “I’m sorry…”

 

 “Huh? For what?”


“I didn’t know that it’ll turn out to be like this.” She said worriedly.

For the sake of Yeonhee, I will agree to this and just go with the flow. I don’t want her to worry about me.

“Don’t worry. This doesn’t count for me.” I said calmly. “Besides, we both get benefits from this. I’ll get my freedom and you’ll be ‘tease-free’.”

Well, I am right about that. She smiled slightly and looked at me. “I guess I’m just worrying too much.”

“Don’t worry about Hara. He’s in safe hands.” Jaejoong suddenly blurted out and smiled at me.

Safe hands?! I think I’m in the Worst hands, Jae.


Wonder Girls - So Hot

Then I noticed a group of girls heading towards us and they really looked familiar. OMG! It’s those fangirls from our school.

“LOOK! IT’S JAEJOONG AND TAEGOON OPPA! AAAHHH!!” the fangirls were running towards our direction this time and I’m starting to feel like running.

“Hyung.” Jaejoong signaled something to Taegoon.

“Yeah.” Taegoon just nods his head.

Then next thing I knew is when Taegoon held my hand and ran. Same goes for Jaejoong and Yeonhee. Even though we are running from them, where are we going anyway?



“JAEJOONG OPPA! YOU’RE SO HANDSOME!”

 “MY CUTIE TAEGOON! PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!”

 

Those are some of the things they keep on shouting while we are running. It creeps me out.

“Yeah, I know I am.” Jaejoong said in a low tone.

“Whatever.” Taegoon responded carelessly.

I really wonder how they manage to be close friends since they have different personalities. Well, I just wondered out of curiousity.

How long will this running last? It would be better if we joined a running competition if it’s gonna be like this. Fortunately, we were running as fast as we could that caused those fangirls to be a bit far from us. Well, just a bit.

“Let’s hide in there.” Jae pointed at the back of the booth called ‘House of Spooks’ where it has dark clouds effect to make it look realistic. The four of us hid there for a while and relieved ourselves when the fangirls already passed.

“Phew, that was close.” Jaejoong uttered, still catching his breath.

“Jaejoong ah…” Yeonhee said calmly and pointing somewhere at Jaejoong’s back. The three of us looked behind and guess what, not again.

“AAAHHH!!! JAEJOONG OPPA! TAEGOON OPPA! AAHHH!!!”

“Hyung, I think it would be better if we split up. Yeonhee will be going with me and you take Hara with you.” Jaejoong said out of nowhere.

What?! With this creature?

“Right. I’ll just contact you later on where we’ll be.”

I didn’t have the time to speak because we were running again but this time, I’m with Taegoon. I just hope Yeonhee will be fine with Jaejoong.


--------------------------------------------


He led the way as he was holding my hand. We walked a little further and stopped by a coffee house. It has a cute lighting and setting at the same time.

 

Full House OST - Un-myeong (Full Slow Instrumental)

We went in and several people were there. There was a small stage and there are some instruments placed.

“Sit there. I’ll take our order.” He said coldly. There he goes again with that cold expression. But it’s actually pretty cool of him. “Hey.” He snapped at me and I immediately returned to reality.

“Oh, okay.” I replied hesitantly. Ugh. What was that thought all of a sudden? I just followed what he said earlier and took a seat on an empty table.

The atmosphere here is really relaxing. At last, no fangirls and all those shouting.

Later on, Taegoon took a seat across me. We were both just silent for a moment. Actually, it was sort of awkward. It’s like we were really dating.

I cleared my throat first and spoke. “Uhm, do you go here often?”

“ *sigh* It’s been a long time since I’ve been here.” He said while resting his back on the chair and looking somewhere. Looks like someone’s in deep thought right now.

“Oh.” That was the only thing that came out from my mouth.

Later on, the waitress came. “Here’s your Bavarian choco latte, sir.”

“Thanks.” Taegoon replied in a friendly way. Friendly as in with-a-smile-on-his-face-and-he-really-looks-good-with-it?? Stop defining friendly Hara.

“Aren’t you gonna drink yours?” he suddenly asked that made me looked at him.

“Y-yeah. I was just in thought of something for a while.” Then I get my share and take a sip from the straw.

“In thought of what?”

“Hmmm… Nothing. Just some things that are weird-occurring lately.” I said casually.

“If you’re talking about what just happened, it’s not really surprising to happen.” He said and took a sip on his latte.

“Tsss. Whatever. That’s not even normal you know.”

Suddenly, I noticed someone going on stage. Everyone clapped their hands and I don’t have any idea of what’s going on.

I was about to ask Taegoon but he was focused on the stage too. I bet he knew about this.

“Hello everyone. Are you having a good time?” she said. I think he’s still in the age of 22 or 23. She’s still young on her appearance.

Woman on stage

Everyone responded and laughed.

“Anneonghaseyo, I’m Kim Eugene. This song is dedicated to you all especially to all the couples present here.”

Everyone seems to be amused on what will happen. Then the music started and she sang a song.

Kim Eugene - The Best

“Hey, what’s this segment about?” I really have to ask him because I’m very much curious already.

“She sings here every weekend. Random themes are implemented everyday and people do enjoy it. “

“Oh.” As I listen to the song, it was really sung pretty well.


----------------------


--------


----------------------


--------


When she finished singing, everyone clapped even me. I was mesmerized.

“Hey, Taegoon.” Someone called him and both of us turned our head. It was her, the woman on stage. Wow, she’s really pretty. Wait, They knew each other??

“Noona, it’s been a long time.” He said

“I think it’s been a month already, right?” then she pulled the empty seat on our table and took a seat.

 

“Oh, and you are…?”

“Hi, I’m Hara.” I bowed and smiled.

“Oh, you’re quite cute Hara. Are you two dating here?”

“Huh? No. Actually—“

“It’s because of those fangirls.” He suddenly blurted out.

“Oh, nothing’s change eh? Hara, I’m sorry if this guy here is causing you much burden.” I just smiled weakly to her.

Even though she’s really nice to me, I feel out of place here. It’s pretty cold that I feel like peeing. I look around to find the restroom.

“Uhm, excuse me. I need to go to the restroom.” As I stand up from my seat, she also stood up.

“Let me go with you.” She said politely.

“Oh, it’s okay Miss Eugene.”

“No need to be too formal to me. Just call me Unnie.” She said as she smiled brightly to me. She’s really admirable. “Dongsaeng, just sit there and relax, okay?”

“Yeah. Just don’t do silly things.”

She just rolled her eyes from him and smiled teasingly. We went to the restroom and I immediately went to pee. As I was washing my hands, Unnie was retouching her make up in front of the mirror.

“So, do you like Taegoon?” she suddenly asked and that really surprised me. Why did she ask that kind of question all of a sudden?

“Uhm, we’re just friends Unnie. Nothing more than that.” Phew. Thank God for the words that came from my mouth.

She just chuckled on what I said and looked at me.

“You’re the second girl whom he brought here that doesn’t mind his looks. Not like, you know, those fangirls.”

Second girl? I think I know who’s the first one. Besides, he just brought me here to get away from his fangirls.

“Uhm... I guess so.” I answered hesitantly. I really don’t know what to say.

“I know he’s a bit childish at times but believe me he’s really a nice person and does things unexpectedly. Too bad, his ex girlfriend wasn’t faithful enough to hold on to their relationship.”

She’s right about that ‘does things unexpectedly’ thing. Nice? Yeah but he’s like a girl, having those mood swings. She’s also right about the second one. His best friend had an affair with his girlfriend on his back. But hey, who am I to judge him towards his life?

“Oops. Sorry if I talked too much. We better go back.”

We head out from the restroom and went back to our table.

“Why is your face like that?” he suddenly asked.

“Huh? What’s with my face?” I curiously asked him.

“You look like a tomato.”

What?! I placed both hands on my cheeks and I can feel my face warmed up. Why is it like this?

“I got to leave you two first okay. The manager needs me.” She said as she stood up and left our table.


-------------------------------------


“Did she do anything to you?” he asked after Unnie left.

“No, we just…talked.” I said hesitantly.

His eyebrows crossed and he looked irritated.

“Aish. Tell me, did she interrogate you?”

“Uhm, a little bit.” I replied and smiled weakly at him.

“I apologize for her sake. She does that everytime she meets someone new or if she’s curious of something.”

“It’s alright. I understand that Unnie doesn’t want her dongsaeng to get lost along the way.” As I finished my choco latte.

“What?”

Oopsie. I slipped. I sholdn’t have said that.

“Oh, it’s really nothing.”

“I don’t believe it’s just nothing. What did she said to you?” he said in a serious tone. He’s really creepy if he’s like this.

“She just asked if—“

I didn’t have the time to continue my sentence because everyone suddenly clapped. Our attention was drawn to the stage. Unnie was there holding a microphone and an envelope.

“For today’s theme, we have already chosen the couple for the day.”

Everyone was curious and began to chitchat. Couple of the day huh? I wonder who’s gonna hold that title.

“Our couple for the day is…

She opened the envelope and showed a big grin towards us.

“That cute girl and his boyfriend.” I was shocked when she pointed at us. Taegoon and I looked at each other and shifted our sight to Unnie.

Unnie, what are you saying?! He’s not my boyfriend!

Everyone clapped their hands and praised us. She came towards us and handed two coupons.

“What’s this about?” Taegoon asked her.

“Didn’t you see the note outside? Today is Couples Day.”

“But—“ he wasn”t able to continue speaking.

“Congratulations to the lucky couple! Present this coupon at the sky tram and you’ll get a free ride. Remember, it’s only valid at this day at a particular time.”

Then she left a big grin and we were just there standing. We looked at the coupon.


It says: “This ride coupon is available at 7 pm to 12mn only. Enjoy your day! (◕‿-)


I looked at the wall clock inside the coffee shop and it’s still 3 pm. Wow, time flies so fast.

“Let’s go to this. This coupon will just be wasted if we don’t.” I said eagerly.

“Tss. I’m not interested on things like that. Besides, it’s just for kids.” He said annoyingly.

He started to walk going outside the shop. We were already outside and I was the one holding the coupons.

“No, it’s not. Or are you just afraid of heights?”

He looked at me, alarmed by my question.

“Me? Of course not. I just don’t feel like it.” there he goes again with his mood swings.

“Yah! You’re so stubborn. You should at least enjoy some time.” I said frankly.

“What is it to you? I’m like this and that won’t change. Don’t waste your time with a person like me.”

What’s this? It’s like he’s acting. Weird.

“Quit being so mellow-dramatic will you? Face the reality. Don’t always run from it or you’ll end up lost in the end.”

He was somewhat surprised by what I said and looked at me weirdly.

“Why does she seem to know my inner thoughts?” Taegoon thought.