Chapter 24

Hot and Cold

 

 

“WHAAAT?! YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED?!!”

 

“Shhh. Shhh. Lower down your voice, Hara.” Yeonhee said while covering Hara’s mouth then removed it immediately.

 

“But…seriously?! You’re not joking, right?” Hara asked in disbelief.

 

“I wish it would just be some nightmare but it’s real. I even asked my parents about it and I still can’t believe that they agreed to get me married to that AJ guy.” Yeonhee sighed in frustration.

 

“That’s so sudden, Yeonhee-sshi.” Taegoon commented who was sitting just beside Hara. “I thought those kind of things are already gone nowadays but I guess I was wrong.”

 

“Yeah. I thought so too.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

After class…

 

 

Yeonhee went out of the classroom silently and walked towards the school gate. Then…

 

 

*Purple line, let me set up my world!
Dare mo aruita koto nai this way,
Yume wo idaite ikikata wo sagashi—

 

 

-“Where are you?”

 

Yeonhee can’t seem to recognize who it was.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

-“It’s me, AJ. You haven’t forgotten about me, right?”

 

‘Right.’ She thought.

 

“Ahh… how did you get my number?”

 

-“From the information I have. Remember when I said that I chose you? Your personal information was attached with your picture that time.”

 

“Oh, right. What do you want?”

 

-“I’m here in front of your school so you better walk fast, araso?”

 

Her eyes widen in surprise. “W-WHAT?! What for?”

 

-“Ya. Am I not allowed to spend time with my fiancée?”

 

“Whatever. Geez.”

 

Yeonhee didn’t notice that she was already near the gate and saw AJ’s figure watching her near a blue car. She just ended the call and walked towards him.

 

“So you came to me after all.” He said with a grin.

 

She just glared at him. “You shouldn’t be here or other students will start rumors about us.”

 

“I just want to hang out today, that’s all.” AJ responded but noticed Yeonhee looking somewhere. “Yeonhee-ah?”

 

She snapped back to reality and looked at him with a dazed look. “Ah, sorry about that. What did you just say?”

 

AJ scoffed. “Nothing. Are you hungry? My treat.” He said with a wink.

 

“Really? Okay!” she responded immediately with agreement since she won’t be paying anything.

 

Both of them went in the blue car as AJ drove off from school. Yeonhee was looking out the window as the air blows towards her face. Then he saw a guy casually dressed with glasses on.

 

“Jaejoong…” but when she did another look it was just some guy she didn’t know. “Maybe I’m just too tired.”

 

“Are you okay?” AJ asked in curiosity since he noticed her uneasiness.

 

“Ah…yeah.” ‘I think’

 

They stopped at an Ice Cream House. After they ordered, they sit across each other in an empty table for two.

 

“AJ-sshi, I…want to ask you something.” She paused for a while as he looked at him curiously. “Do you have a girlfriend right now?”

 

 He remains to be silent and plays with his hands. “Not anymore.” He replied with a tone of sadness and Yeonhee can sense that. She didn’t expect this side of him.

 

“Her parents didn’t approve of me so they sent her away to get rid of our relationship. It was too late when I knew about it.” He added. “Naaah. I shouldn’t be so affected with that. How about you?”

 

‘This person changes his mood in an instant.’ She thought.

 

By then, her eyes gaze to the entrance where a guy went in. There, she recognized that it’s the REAL Kim Jaejoong coming in with his sunglasses on. She just looked down and remained silent.

 

“What’s he doing here?” she uttered in a low tone.

 

“Huh? Who?” AJ asked.

 

She almost forgot that she’s with this guy and he even heard what she just said. “Aish.” She uttered.

 

“Is that…a celebrity?” he pointed at Jaejoong while looking at him secretly. “Well, he really looks like one.”

 

Jaejoong immediately left after he grabbed his order and paid.

 

“Right...”

 

“You know that guy?” He suddenly asked which made her look at him.

 

“Uhm, why’d you ask?”

 

“He was looking at our direction before leaving. I saw it on the mirror at your back.” He said while leaning his head on his right hand.

 

Yeonhee looks away and cleared . AJ looks at her with curiousity but immediately came into a conclusion.

 

“Ya~ what’s with the face?”

 

‘Why do I keep on thinking about him? And now, he really appeared in front of me but…why is he so far to reach?’ she thought.

 

“Yeonhee-sshi?” he called while waving his hand in front of her and the other on her shoulder.

 

She turns to his direction and looked at him. “The guy… who came in a while ago…” tears were starting to roll down from her eyes.

 

“Hey! Hey! Don’t cry! Shhhh!” he pleaded her and started to panic. ‘Aish. What will I do? Aigoo! People are starting to notice her crying. It’s not my fault! >.<’ he thought.

 

Yeonhee was already sobbing at that time. He held both her cheeks and wiped her tears.

 

“Uhm, I’m sorry. I really don’t know how to comfort people. But…you can lean on me for you to feel better.” He said and smiled hesitantly. ‘Was it too much? I’m so ridiculous on this kind of stuff.’ He thought.

 

Like what he said, Yeonhee lean on his shoulder which made him stiff. “Uhhm…” was the only that came out from his mouth.

 

“Thanks.” She uttered and just closed her eyes.

 

“Ah…yeah.” He responded while eating his ice cream.

 

‘I don’t know what she’s really feeling right now ‘cause I hardly know her. But I hope she’ll be alright. I guess having this ‘comforter role’ isn’t that bad. But…’

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

**SLAP**

 

“Unnie…I’m sorry.” Yuri uttered after the strong slap from Ayumi. She knows very well that Ayumi doesn’t like people ruining her plans.

 

“Sorry?! It’s not enough, Yuri. I thought you’re different from Sohee that you’ll never abandon what we’ve planned. But you’re all the same. I guess I’ll be doing this on my own from now on.”

 

“Unnie, I can’t go on following your orders always. I’m…tired.” Yuri said while crying.

 

“Tss. I don’t need useless people anyway. Bye.” She said and just left her.

 

Yuri was left alone at the park crying by herself.

 

 

*RING* *RING*

 

Yuri cleared before answering. “Yeob..seoyo.”

 

-“What happened to your voice? Are you sick, Yuri-ah?”

 

“No…I’m fine Minho.” She paused for a while and cleared . “I was just thinking…you’ve sacrificed to be soaked in the rain last time.”

 

-“Ah…what about it? Did something happen?” his voice sounds to be worried.

 

“You remember Ayumi-unnie? We were planning on getting rid of Yeonhee and Hara so that Jaejoong and Taegoon will be ours. Sounds cruel right?”

 

-“…..” Minho was dumbfounded. He didn’t expect to hear that kind of plan from her.

 

“I’m assuming that you’re shocked by what I just said. Just a while ago, I made a sacrifice just like what you did for me.”

 

Minho was starting to be confused. –“What do you mean?”

 

“Unnie hates me now. I detached myself from the plan we made because I think it would be better this way. We’re fair now right?”

 

-“Ya~~ You don’t have to do that. Too bad, your big teddy bear can’t hug you right now.”

 

Yuri chuckled on what he said. “Your owner is fine.”

 

“Don’t worry I’m just beside you always.”

 

Yuri turned to her left and saw Minho looking at her. Then they both ended the call.

 

“Hey.” He greeted with concerned expression.

 

Yuri stared at him with teary eyes. “How’d you know I was here? You’re not just my imagination, right?”

 

“If you don’t believe that I’m really here, hit me if you want.”

 

She just stared at him blankly. Minho doesn’t like to see her like this. “or you can hug me if you want.”

 

As soon as he said that, she immediately rests his head on his shoulder and holds onto his neck. “Thank you for being there always for me. I really appreciate it.”

 

He hugged her back while caressing her hair. Then she looked at him again, their faces just near each other. Yuri kissed him on his cheek.

 

Minho can’t believe that she did that to him. “Err…Uhm…” he was starting to stutter and couldn’t look at her in the eyes.

 

“I didn’t know you were this cute when you’re embarrassed.” Yuri smiled at him and that made him feel relieved.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

‘Was that Yeonhee? Who was that guy with her? Aish. That scene keeps on bugging me.’ Jaejoong thought by himself while he drove home.

 

He stopped when the traffic light turned red and a car also stopped beside his.

 

“Hi Jae~” a seductive tone of calling him made him look on who it was. It was from the car beside him.

 

“Oh, Ayumi-ah.” He greeted in reply and looked in front again.

 

Ayumi was leaning his head on his arms while looking at him. “I noticed you’ve been busy lately. Oh yeah, you heard the rumors about Yeonhee, right?”

 

The mention of her name made him look at Ayumi. “What rumors?”

 

“You didn’t know? She’s getting married soon.”

 

Jaejoong became silent and was trying to absorb what she just said. “That could be not true, right? Since you said it’s rumor.” He replied typically.

 

Ayumi took a deep breath and faced front. “I don’t know. You should ask her yourself. But if that really happens, then you can start dating me right?” she smiled at him while saying it.

 

He adjusted his shades and replied. “Just… don’t stand on my way, alright? Because if you do, I might forget to respect you.” With that, the lights turned green and Jaejoong rushed the speed.

 

‘Have I been so careless lately that I don’t even know that she’s gonna be married this time? Why do things happen so fast?’

 

 

 

……………………………………….

 

 

Two days after….

 

 

 

 

 

The invitations for the prom the next day was distributed after their class. The event will be held in a private beach resort with swimming pools in a guest house starting 5:30 pm. Their attires were sponsored by the beach resort where their porm will be held. Each of the girls was given a set of two-piece bikinis with matching slippers. On the other hand, the boys were given summer shorts with matching slippers too. This event made everyone excited. ^_^

 

However, some can’t imagine themselves wearing the bikinis given to them. They were embarrassed to. Yeonhee and Boa were looking at their bikinis hesitantly.

 

“Do I… really have to wear this?” they said at the same time.

 

“Hey… what with your faces?” Hara asked them while walking towards them.

 

“You know I’m not used to wearing these.” Yeonhee sighed.

 

“It’s alright. You’ll get used to it later on when you’ll wear it tomorrow.” Hara comforted Yeonhee.

 

“It’ll be itchy since it has these ties. Aish!” Boa complained.

 

Hara and Yeonhee were startled to hear Boa complain.

 

 

 

Meanwhile….

 

Jaejoong was observing his summer shorts for tomorrow. “Hmmmm, this is cool!” he uttered as Taegoon gave it to him with the invitation.

 

“So you were planning to go after all, huh?” Taegoon asked him.

 

“I guess. Besides, I never expect this event to be this exciting with the beach, swimming pools plus these sponsored outfits. Tsk.” Jaejoong replied whle looking at his summer shorts and slippers.

 

 

 

 

 

…PROM DAY…

 

 

 

 

Everyone is wearing there outfits and feels very excited. As they entered the venue, the girls are welcomed with a garland of flowers worn and a lily on their right ear while the boys are welcomed with a garland of small flowers and ankle bracelets made from small shells.

 

So basically, girls are in their two-piece bikinis while almost all boys are half- wearing only their summer shorts.

 

Yeonhee  Boa 1  Boa 2 Yuri Hara Yoona Sohee

 

swimming shorts

 

 

All of them gathered in an awesome set-up of tables, chairs, and food. There were also torches on every side of the place. The swimming pools look so clean and refreshing. From the huge cottage, they can see an open view of the sea and the sunset.  It was like they’re on a summer vacation.

 

Huge cottage tables and chairs pool bar

 

Yeonhee entered alone with so much embarrassment. She’s feeling anxious looking around trying to find Hara. Then someone held her shoulder.

 

“Miss gorgeous, everyone is lining up at the front door.” Yoochun said pointing the front door.

 

“Yoochun-sshi… what’s going on?” she asked dumbfounded.

 

He chuckled and looked at the students lining up then back at her again.

 

“Everyone will be marching from the entrance until you reach your assigned table outside this hall. We’ll be starting 3 minutes from now. Where’s your partner?”

 

“Partner? I…don’t have one.” She told him hesitantly.

 

“Oh that’s alright. There are some who doesn’t have one too. Just pair up with the guys in line with you, araso?”

 

She nodded as Yoochun accompanied her to the line. Yoochun bid goodbye to her and went somewhere.

 

Yeonhee was lining up as she observed the students in front of her. They were excited for the prom especially the juniors because this will be their first prom but unfortunately it’ll be the last for the seniors herself.

 

She tried to look around again but found no sign of the girls. ‘Where are they?’ she uttered.

 

“Yeonhee ah!!” someone called and hugged her.

 

“Hara, where have you been? I’ve been looking for you.” Yeonhee asked as Hara broke the hug.

 

“I’m so sorry. Blame it all on the traffic. Hmph!” she explained to her.

 

“Where’s Taegoon-sshi?”

 

“He’s with Yuri since he agreed to be her partner. Minho is my partner for now.” Hara said typically. Well, it isn’t like her to be jealous easily. She has a wide capacity of understanding people. Besides that, she’s also a good listener.

 

Then Yeonhee saw Minho standing beside Hara and waved ‘hi’ to her. She just smiled in return.  Hara and Minho fall in line a little farther from Yeonhee.

 

She heard girls’ fangirling at the back and it intimidates her a lot. ‘Now what?’ she thought and just stood there waiting for the prom to start.

 

“Miss Lee Yeonhee?” someone spoke beside her. She thought it was Yoochun again and turned her head to her side.

 

 

O.O

 

 

“AJ?! What are you doing here?!” she half-yelled while pointing her index finger to him. He was also wearing the same outfit as the guys.

 

“What’s with the face? Aren’t you happy to see me here?” he asked with a grin.

 

“I-It’s not like that. They can’t possibly just let you in if you’re not a student of our school.” She reasoned out.

 

“Except if you’re a member of a dance group who’ll be performing later on, right?”

 

She was even more surprised by what he said.

 

“Seriously?! You didn’t tell me that you dance.” 

 

“Well, you never asked in the first place. Haha.” He replied and stared at her. “You look even cuter right now.”

 

“I don’t believe that but… thanks anyway.” She smiled hesitantly.

 

“You really don’t believe compliments, huh? So… where’s your partner?” he asked bluntly.

 

“I actually don’t have one.” She replied with a frown.

 

“Hmmm…I’ll accompany you then but only ‘til you reach your table, is that okay?”

 

She looks at him and smiled a bit.

 

“Really? Uhm, thanks .” she said hesitantly. Yeonhee concluded that he’s a nice guy after all even though she doesn’t know him that well.

  

The prom started with a red carpet entrance individually starting from the juniors then followed by the seniors. Everyone looks stunning and gorgeous with their swimwears. From there, the teachers will choose the Mr. and Ms. Eye Catcher and also for the Prom King & Queen.

 

 

……………………

 

 

Boa was partnered to a dolphin-sounded guy, Kim Junsu. They’ve been friends since junior years but they don’t talk a lot. Yoochun and Junsu are pretty close to each other especially in the singing field and that also goes the same for Jaejoong. This guy doesn’t seem to have any flaws since he’s so friendly to everyone.

 

“Boa-sshi! Where’s Yoochun by the way?” Junsu asked about Yoochun and it almost made her stutter.

 

“Ahh..err… he’s busy. You know he helps in organizing the prom.” She responded trying to sound normal as she could.

 

“Ahhhh, right. He’s been busy lately, neh~.” Junsu replied with a cute expression on his face that made Boa grin. “Ooh, get ready. It’s our turn now.” He added as they entranced with a red carpet.

 

Junsu walked towards the backstage after accompanying Boa sit on her table. She was sitting together with Donghae, Yoona, Yeonhee, Hara and Taegoon. By then, she noticed that Yeonhee’s partner, who left just now, doesn’t seem to be a student in the school.

 

“He’s not a student here, right?” Boa asked Yeonhee after she noticed.

 

“Ahhh, yeah. Uhm, actually I have something to say.” Yeonhee bit her lower lip and looked down. “He’s actually….my fiancé. I’m getting married soon.”

 

Everyone’s eyes widen in surprise by what she just revealed.

 

“Seriously?!” Boa half-yelled.

 

“So….he’s the guy you were talking about?” Hara pointed at AJ who was walking towards the backstage.

 

“Y-Yeah. His name’s AJ.”

 

“Yeonhee ah, this is so sudden.” Yoona said with a frown.

 

“I know. I don’t know if I can still prevent this from happening.” Yeonhee said and sighed. They just continue gazing for the students who were having their red carpet entrance.

 

Not for long, Boa saw Yoochun before her eyes. It was like she didn’t see him for years. She promised herself that she will definitely speak with him this time. And apologize for all the things she did wrong.

 

Then, a familiar figure was walking after Yoochun. Yeonhee’s eyes were glued to him. ‘Is this…real?’ she thought. Not only her was surprised, even his fangirls and the others. Jaejoong smirked as Sohee holds on to his arm. She wasn’t getting used of the attention and just lay low.

 

Jaejoong led her to where Yuri and Minho are sitting before going to the backstage. She found a vacant seat beside Yuri.

 

“So he’s back huh?” Yuri asked.

 

“Y-Yeah. I guess.” Sohee answered shortly. She noticed Minho’s hand on Yuri’s waist.

 

“Uhhh, are you two…?” she pointed on both of them with a suspicious look.

 

“She owns me now.” Minho blurted out which made Yuri blush and felt embarrassed. Yuri slapped him playfully.

 

“You don’t need to say that. I’m the one asked here.” She said to him.

 

“Okaaay. I understand.” Sohee replied with a grin on her face. “I just didn’t expect you guys to be acquainted. Uhm, does unnie still continues on her plans?”

 

Yuri chuckled. “Me too. And yeah, she’s still going to pursue it. That’s the last thing I heard from her. Sohee, I had detached myself from the plan she made. I realized that there’s no point on doing those things.”

 

“W-What? So she’s angry on the both of us now?”

 

Yuri nodded and held Sohee’s hands. “What we need to do now is to watch carefully for Yeonhee. We don’t know what unnie might do to her. She may be all by herself now but we both know how her mind works.”

 

“I’ll help with that too.” Minho said raising his right hand.

 

Sohee and Yuri looked at him with surprised looks.

 

“Thanks Minho.” They both replied to him.

 

 

………………………..

 

 

Meanwhile backstage….

 

 

“AJ, where have you been? I thought you got lost.” Yoseob exclaimed as he saw him entered. He was facing the mirror at that time fixing his hair.

 

“Yah! You just worry too much. I just have some business to attend to. Where are the others?”

 

“They’re changing clothes. Just go to the dressing room to get changed too.” he told him as he pointed the direction to the dressing room.

 

“Alright. By the way, Taegoon hyung is there.” AJ added.

 

“Yeah, I know. That’s why I need to dance perfectly later. I don’t like to get embarrassed.” Yoseob frowns.

 

“Don’t worry. We practiced pretty well on the last few days. I’m sure everything will go well.” He comforted him before going to the dressing room.

 

“Woah. Cool.” AJ reacted as the other three members suddenly went out of the dressing room. “Hyun Seung-hyung, are you okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah. But I think my vocals won’t go well later because of this sore throat. I’ll apologize to you guys this early.” Hyun Seung frowned as the guy beside him gave him a pat on the shoulders.

 

“As long as we enjoy what we’re doing, it’s gonna be alright.”

 

“I think you’re right, Jun Hyung.” Hyun Seung smiled a bit.

 

“Hyung, we’re gonna head first. We promised Yoseob to come back immediately after changing.” The other guy said to AJ.

 

“Alright, Dongwoon. Yoseob is just fixing his hair near the mirror when I arrived earlier. Later guys.” AJ pats his shoulder then the other three and went inside the dressing room.

 

He went to his clothes which were hanged somewhere at the corner. By then, he noticed three people who just entered in the room too.

 

 

“Jaejoong-hyung, everyone became starstrucked when you had your red carpet entrance a while ago. Why is it not like during my turn?” Junsu asked in a frown.

 

“I haven’t been around the school for a week. Besides, fangirls like Yoochun and you more than me. So don’t get jealous.” He replied with a grin while looking at the mirror.

 

Yoochun was just quiet at that time and noticed a guy at the corner looking at them. So he decided to greet him.

 

“Hey.” He greeted in a friendly way. “Are you a freshman? I haven’t seen you around the school.”

 

AJ noticed him walking towards him and just took a deep breath.

 

“Ah, no. I’m a member of a dance group who’ll perform later.” He responded in return.

 

“Yoochun, this is so nice, can I have it?” Jaejoong said happily while wearing Yoochun’s sunglasses.

 

“NO!” Yoochun shouted as he faced him.

 

Then, AJ and Jaejoong’s gaze met.

 

“Junsu, Yoochun, can you double check the system for later? Just to make sure everything will go on smoothly. I’ll just catch up with you later.” Jaejoong requested.

 

“Ah okay. I need to check on something too. C’mon Junsu.” Yoochun called Junsu while Junsu was having a confused face.

 

“Huh? Why am I included, Jaejoong hyung?” he asked him with a husky tone.

 

Jaejoong glared at him after he asked that.

 

“Ah okay. Like I said we’re going.” Junsu replied with a hesitant smile as they both went out.

 

After that, it’s only AJ and Jaejoong who were left.

 

“Yo. Are you Yeonhee’s fiancé?” Jaejoong asked straightforwardly.

 

AJ looked at him with a surprised look. “Well…you can tell? I guess you still remembered my face when I was with her at the ice cream shop. I don’t know her that much but I think the both of you have something.”

 

Jaejoong scoffed and looked on his side. “Can you do me a favor then?”

 

“Huh? Like what?” AJ reacted. He didn’t expect the other guy to remain so calm with the tone of his voice.

 

 

…………………………

 

 

After the students’ entrance, the teachers followed with their conservative swimwears. Then the principal had her speech for the seniors and juniors.

 

There were five female dancers wearing straw skirts like in Hawaiian dances. They were paired with five guys too. The pair of boys and girls who performed during their presentation in P.E. class is the same (Chapter 19). So it was like a cotillion held in a beach+swimming pool prom.   

 

The most awaited moment has finally come. CHOW time! ^^

 

Dinner was served for everyone as waiters/waitresses brought the food to each person.

 

“Food finally!” Donghae said happily as he clapped his hands.

 

“All this time you’re all food, fishy.” Taegoon scoffed as he had a bite of the fried chicken.

 

“Hmmm. This mango shake tastes so good.” Boa commented as she took a sip.

 

“Oh Oh You should try the fruit salad. Too bad I finished mine already. Can I have yours?” Hara said happily and begged Yeonhee for her fruit salad.

 

“No way! I haven’t tasted it yet.” Yeonhee exclaimed as she puts it away from Hara.

 

“Beef stew is the best!” Yeonhee said after tasting it.

 

Everyone continued eating as the stage was prepared for the presentations.

 

EMCEE: “I guess everyone’s enjoying the food right now. Hmmm, I can see some who are already done and I’m one of them. Hahaha. Anyway, let’s all get serenaded by a song number by Kim Jaejoong, Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu.”

 

After that, the three appeared on stage with their outfits and mics.

 

Stage

 

“Good evening everyone. Dinner is so delicious, right?” Yoochun greeted.

 

“YEESS~~!” Everyone responded.

 

“I enjoyed the meal too. We grab this opportunity to thank the staff for serving us delicious food for tonight.” Jaejoong added.
 

“Deh~. Anyway, we’re gonna sing an English song for you all tonight. I hope you enjoy this.” Junsu said as he signaled the music to be played.

 

 

 JYJ - Be My Girl

 

……………

 

…….

 

 

One look from you girl and it’s too hard to get by

But excuse me girl, I’ve been watchin’ you

All night’ that’s right, I’d like to

Take this night over

What I’m tryin’ to say is you should be mine~

 

She should be my

Baby, baby

Baby, baby

Baby, baby

She should be my girl~

 

 

……………

 

…..

 

As they sang the song, everyone’s head were on beat and they clapped their hands too.

 

“The beat is so fresh.” Taegoon commented.

 

“Yeah!” Hara replied.

 

Everyone cheered when the song ended and requested for another one.

 

“Woah. You sure? Hmmm, then get ready for this!” Jaejoong said in a lively tone. Then the music started.

 

 

JYJ - Empty

 

………………

 

………

 

 

Love won’t make you cry or ask why

Oh why

So I’ll deny my heart ’cause I won’t live a lie

Why try~

 

Your heart is empty

And you’re so cold

You don’t care about you and I

Your heart is empty

You won’t let go

But I’m walkin’ out this life~

 

 

…………….

 

………

 

……………

 

After the two songs, the trio bowed and thanked everyone before going backstage to change.

 

“Now, that’s pretty fun.” Yoochun commented when they were changing clothes in the dressing room.

 

“Yeah. Everyone’s enjoying.” Junsu added as he fixed his hair in front of the mirror.

 

Jaejoong was just silent changing his clothes and took a deep sigh. They went back to their table after changing and fixing themselves for the prom.

 

Then there were games which were mostly enjoyed by the students and teachers.

 

Few minutes after the games, the lights were turned off and the only lights on are pointing to the center.

 

EMCEE: “Guys can invite a girl they want to dance with on the center. And girls, you shouldn’t say no, araso? Then, let’s start.”

 

After the announcement, some of the boys are starting to stand and went to invite girls to dance with them.

 

 

Se7en - Promise

 

Hara, Taegoon, Yoona and Donghae went to the center and danced. Boa and Yeonhee were the ones left on their table.

 

“Hey, Boa-sshi, you want to dance?” Junsu asked as he arrived on Boa’s table.

 

“Hm, sure. But…” she looked at Yeonhee.

 

“It’s okay. Please don’t mind me.” Yeonhee assured her.

 

“You can join us, Yeonhee-sshi.” Junsu said.

 

“Uhhh, that would be weird Junsu. Everyone’s dancing in pairs. It’s really alright.” Yeonhee reasoned out. Well, it’s true.

 

“Hmmm, Alright. But I’ll dance with you after Boa-sshi, okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah. Sure.” Yeonhee replied hesitantly. Junsu seemed to be concerned about her at that time so he decided to invite her for later.

 

 

“Hey.” Someone patted Yeonhee’s shoulders from behind.

 

“Oh hi AJ.” Yeonhee greeted him as he took a seat beside her.

 

“You’re not dancing?” he asked.

 

“Obviously. I don’t feel like either.”

 

“Huh? You got to be kidding me. You won’t experience prom anymore after this night.  Besides, what am I here for?” AJ grins at her.

 

Yeonhee gave him an odd look.

 

“Don’t give me that look. Let’s go to the center.” AJ said as he dragged her towards the center.

 

“H-Hey! Wait!” she cried out but they reached the center so fast.

 

“Don’t be so killjoy. Everyone’s going with the flow. You should too.” He said as he placed Yeonhee’s hands on his shoulders and his hands on her waist and started swaying slowly.

 

“R-Right. But you shouldn’t drag me like that.” She felt the heat going to his face that’s why she just looked down for him not to notice it.

 

“Hmph. I’m not really getting used on wearing bikinis. I don’t know why they agreed to this.” She added and pouted.

 

“It’ll be just this time you know. Beside, this prom is much different to the usual because you don’t need to wear cocktail dresses. Whoever made this idea sure has a creativemind.” AJ reasoned out with a nod.

 

 

Meanwhile….

 

Jaejoong was dancing with Sohee at that time when he noticed Yeonhee and his fiancé dancing too.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Yeah?” he shifted his attention to Sohee.

 

“Are you gonna talk to Yeonhee this time?” her question alarmed him.

 

He just smiled a bit to her.

 

Then they danced going nearer Yeonhee and AJ’s place but not too close.

 

He heard Yeonhee saying that she’s not used to wearing bikinis. It made him chuckle secretly though. He wants to talk to her but he can’t right now. He plans on doing so during prom but he doesn’t know how.

 

‘Aish. I can’t believe the great Kim Jaejoong is having difficulties approaching Lee Yeonhee.’ He thought with a hesitant smile.

 

‘No. I should do this right now. It’s now or never.’ He thought with desperation.

 

“I’ll… try talking to her.” He whispered to Sohee.

 

“Okay. Fighting! ^^” she replied softly to encourage him.

 

Jaejoong walked towards AJ and tapped his shoulder. “Uhm, mind if I dance with her?”

 

Yeonhee and AJ looked at him with a surprised look most especially Yeonhee.

 

“Alright. Is it okay if we change partners?” AJ requested.

 

Jaejoong looked at Sohee and she just nodded in agreement.

 

“Okay.”

 

They exchanged partners and AJ and Sohee went a bit further from them.

 

It became awkward between Jaejoong and Yeonhee at that time.

 

“Hi.” Was the only word that Jaejoong could think of saying.

 

Yeonhee was looking down. She doesn’t know what to say now that he’s in front of her.

 

“Can we dance? We’re the only one standing.” He said in hesitation.

 

“Oh…right.”

 

Jaejoong held her hands and placed them on his shoulders as his hands were on her waist.

 

“I heard…that you’re getting married.”Jaejoong blurted out.

 

Yeonhee’s eyes widen. “Y-Yeah.”

 

“The guy you danced before me is your fiancé, right?”

 

Yeonhee nodded in agreement though it hurts her to admit it.

 

“I’m also planning to head to Australia after graduation.” He added.

 

‘Graduation’s gonna be a week from now. So he’ll be leaving after that?’ she thought sadly.

 

“And that’s the reason behind my absence for a week. But I don’t want to regret something either.”

 

This time, he hugs her like there’s no tomorrow. “Saranghaeyo…” he whispered to her ear. Then he looks at her facewith a smile.

 

“There. Finally I said it. Hey, don’t stare at me like that.”

 

Yeonhee’s eyes were becoming teary while she looks at him.

 

“Why? It’s true that you stare so much that it makes me melt sometimes. But am I not allowed to?!” Yeonhee said with a pissed tone.

 

“W-Wait. What?” Jaejoong asked with a teasing smile.

 

Yeonhee noticed it and walked away from the center heading near the view of the beach where there is a wonderful water fountain.

 

“Hey, stop walking so fast.” Jaejoong caught up with ther.

 

She was covering her face in embarrassment when he held her arm. She regretted saying such things.

 

“I know my stare has effects on most girls but I really thought you weren’t affected by it.” He said with a grin.

 

She looked at him by spreading his index and ring finger. “You’re still conceited as ever.”

 

“But you love this conceited guy, right?”

 

“Yea—NO!”

 

“HAHA. Gotcha!” Jaejoong said happily claiming victory. “Hey, stop covering your face.” He said as he held her arms trying to get his palms of her face.

 

“No!” Yeonhee yelled but Jaejoong successfully got it off and revealed her blushing face.

 

She’s about to cover her face again but Jaejoong held her cheeks and kissed her on the lips. It lasted long enough until they heard the emcee was saying something.

 

Yeonhee held his forearms and looked at him. “But you’re leaving soon, right?”

 

He was just silent when she asked that question and faced the beach. “Yeah...I want to say something.” he cleared his throat and continued as Yeonhee listened intently. “My mom wants me to meet someone when I arrive in Australia and get to know her well. I’m also set to an arranged marriage Yeonhee. She told me those things just in the beginning of this school year. There’s no way I can convince her to cancel it because her job might be at stake and I don’t want that to happen.”

 

She remained silent upon hearing those words from him. She didn’t expect the both of them to be in the same situation.

 

“We’re not meant to be together this time. Promise me you’ll become a good wife to your fiancé, okay? Because I will do the same to my wife-to-be.” Jaejoong smiled at her as the moonlight shines on her face.

 

Yeonhee nodded in agreement. “Promise.”

 

After that, they both went back. Colorful lights were flashing everywhere as everyone cheered happily.

 

EMCEE: “Please welcome, BEAST!”

 

BEAST - Shock + Bad Girl