Chapter 16

Hot and Cold

 

All the contestants are really talented and have their own unique style. The judges were having a hard time to decide for the winner. Instead, they decided to give awards to each deserving contestants.

BEST IN COSTUME: CONTESTANT # 5

OVERALL STAGE PRESENCE: CONTESTANT #’S 1, 3, & 6.

CATCHY SONG CHOICE: ALL CONTESTANTS

BEST IN CHOREOGRAPHY: CONTESTANT #’S 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

BEST IN SING&DANCE: CONTESTANT #’S 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

BEST FOREIGN ACCENT: CONTESTANT # 1 & 5

BEST FEMALE DANCER: CONTESTANT # 5

BEST MALE DANCER: CONTESTANT # 3 & 6

The contestants received their awards and bowed to the audience before the emcee finally closed the Talent Show.


Meanwhile at the backstage...

Seungri - The Next Day

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

TT___________TT they’re so lucky. I didn’t even receive even a single award. TT_______________TT

I just looked down in disappointment and took a deep breath.

“What’s on the floor that you want to look at it?”

When I look up, it was Jaejoong. He was just looking at me with a curious face and a smirk.

“When I think of it, it’s like my performance and efforts were just wasted.” I sighed.

He just reacted with a chuckle. What the?!

“Cheer up. Why are you worried of something you aren’t involved at the first place?”

Huh?? Okay, now, I’m confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Didn’t you hear the words that Sohee said when it was your turn to perform?” he questioned me with a smirking face.



“Ladies and gentlemen, for the highlights for tonight, let’s all welcome Miss Lee Yeonhee.


Now I get it.

“So, you mean, I’m only a highlight for the show?! And ----“

“Yes. You’re not a contestant. Actually, your piano performance and our song performance were just special performances from the music club and it serves as highlights for the event.”

“Wait, I’m not a member of the music club. Didn’t you say you were not allowed to perform due to your organizer job?” I asked him and sensed something wasn’t right.

“Well, you are now, you’re my trainee. Hahaha I did say that for you to agree.” He said as he chuckled.

“What?! Don’t you know it was really embarrassing for me to face that kind of population?!” It was like I’m yelling at him.

“Of course I know that. You told me before. But hey, you did really well when you played the piano piece so everything went according to plan.” He replied calmly to me.

“What do you want me to say? That I’m thankful to you? Geez.” I shook my head in disbelief.

“You should at least. I taught you everything I know plus you’re wearing one of my precious collections.”

“Hmmm, I’ll think about it.” then I poke at him. “Oh yeah.” I was about to remove the necklace when he held my hand.

“Don’t remove it. It’s yours now.” he said and I was surprised about it.

“What? No, I can’t accept this. Besides, didn’t you say it’s one of your precious collections?”

“I just have this feeling that the necklace claims you as its new owner. Besides, I chose that for you. Well, see you later.” He smiled then pats my head and left.

Weird guy. I examined the necklace, it’s really beautiful. I think that concludes my last conversation with him. Hara and I should stick on what’s been agreed.

[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]

--------------------------------------

“OMG!!! WOW!! He got a lot of awards!!” Eugene screamed after all the awards had been given. ‘She’s like a fangirl.’ Hara thought.

“Hehe… yeah. He sure does.” Hara responded.

Then someone’s phone rang.

“Yeobseoyo?” Eugene answered.

-“Noona, I—“ Taegoon was about to speak but his Unnie interrupted.

“WEEE!!! Congratulations dongsaeng!! I’m so proud of you!!”

-“Can you stop screaming?! You’re old enough to be fangirling, Noona. Anyway, meet me outside in 10 minutes. I’ll just change my clothes.” He said with a cold tone.

“Hahaha. I’m sorry, I’m just so happy for you!! Okay. See you later.” Then Taegoon and Eugene both ended the call.

”Why is he so irritable just now? Anyways, he said he’ll meet us up outside in 10 minutes.” Eugene told Hara.

‘Hehehe. He’s PMS-ing again.’ Hara thought and curved his lips a bit.


[-Hara’s pov-]

Unnie and I went outside the auditorium and sit on one of the benches as we wait for him. Few minutes later, I saw him walking towards us with a sling bag. He changed clothes and he looks good with it. click me

“Dongsaeng!” Unnie greeted him and rushed to hug him.

“Unnie, you’re choking me.” He uttered under his breath.

She immediately broke the hug and looked at him with a smile. “Mianhe. I didn’t mean to. Oh yeah, I prepared something for you at home.”

“Prepare for what?” he questioned which made Unnie wonder.

Unnie crossed her arms and looked at him in disbelief.

“Don’t tell me you forgot your own birthday?”

 

(O.O)

 

WHAT..?? it’s his… birthday today???



“Oh…right. I’m too busy that I forgot about it.” he said as he scratched the back of his head. Then he suddenly shifts his attention to me.

Suddenly, Unnie held my left arm which made me look at her.

“Hara-sshi, do you have any plans after this?”

“Ahhh, I don’t have. Maybe I’ll just go home after this, why?”

“Ohh, really?? That’s good. You see, our parents aren’t home right now. So, it’ll be just me and Taegoon at home until tomorrow. Can you accompany us if it’s okay with you?” Unnie was still holding my arm at that time waiting for my answer.

“Yah, noona, you don’t have to do that. I’ll just rest when I get home. There’s no need for the preparation you just said.” He suddenly blurted out.

“Let me do this, okay? I haven’t been with you for almost a month because I was too busy with my work.” Unnie replied to him.

“Fine.” He quickly said and looked at me. “But it isn’t really necessary. You can go home if you want.”


After that, he walked away from us and went to I-don’t-know-where.

“Hey!” Unnie called him but he didn’t even turned around or stopped from walking. “Aish, that kid, really.”

“Okay Unnie. I’ll go.” I replied to her which made a curve from his lips.

“OOhh, thank you. Then it’ll be the three of us who’s gonna eat the chocolate cake I baked!” he suddenly uttered.

“Woah, unnie. I think the biggest share would be on him. I bet you’ll become a good wife in the future. Hehehe.”

“Of course. Hahaha. It’s his favorite. Waaah, thankies! Anyways, we better go, I still have to prepare.” Then she grabbed my hand and went to her car. We drove off from school and we were just quiet in the car.

-----------------------------------

2pm - Only You (Acoustic version)

[-Boa’s pov-]

Aish, this costume is really itchy. It’s a good thing the show is over, or else I’m really gonna rip it off.

“Hey y.” I heard someone say that at my back. IGNORE. The person is probably just lost. I just continued walking to the dressing room.

“Boa~” I’m sure it’s a guy. And he’s whining still at my back. Is he following me? I stopped walking and turned around.

“You know, I should have kicked your already if you’re some kind of stalker or maniac.” I said.

“Really?? You wouldn’t get me because I’m fast.” He said and poked.

“Ugh! Park Yoochun! Give me a break, could you? I have to change clothes so badly. This costume is killing me.”

“Okay, bestie~~ just calm down. I’ll be just talking to Jaejoong outside, just call me, araso?” as he shows a sign to call him.

“Fine, Chun.” I replied in a typical tone.

“Awww, why are you so mean? It should be CHUNNIE~~” he emphasized the last word. Now, what’s with him?

“Are you sick or something? Or are you just hungry? Tss.” I chuckled towards his habit. “See you later, Yoochun.”

Then, I went to change my clothes in the dressing room.

When I went out, I saw Yuri with an irritated face and pacing from left and right.

“What’s with the face?” I asked her.

“Oh nothing!” then she rolled her eyes from me. This girl really. I think I know what’s bothering her.

“So, have your plan succeeded?”

She was surprised by my question. I just chuckled as I put my clothes in my bag.

“W-what are you talking about? What plan?” She replied and looked at me curiously.

“Forget it. Bye sis.” I walked out from the dressing room about to call Yoochun but she held my arm and stopped me.

“Tell me, what do you know?”

“Well, I accidentally heard your phone conversation with UNNIE.” I emphasized the last word. I don’t know why she’s so aggressive towards the guys she likes that she goes beyond her limits.

“Mind your own business, okay? You don’t know anything.” She said as she lets go of the grip from my arm.

“Okay. Can I go now?” I asked her with a sarcastic tone and didn’t wait for her to answer it. I immediately walked away and called Yoochun.

I can’t seem to understand why she became my twin sister. We have different interests too. She really likes girly stuff while I don’t. Yeah, I wear girls’ clothes like her but not the y ones or the eye catching ones. She wears make-up everyday. I hate make-up. Those were just some differences we have.

“Bestie~~” Yoochun whined as I turned around to face him.

“You’re like a kid, do you know that?” I said coldly as I crossed my arms.

“I know, because of you.” He said as he winked at me. Aish, there he goes with his attracting-girls tactic AGAIN.

“Whatever. I’m not gonna faint with that like what your fangirls usually does.” Then I poke at him. Haha.

 

“And stop doing that.” Then I started walking away from him.

“Yah~~ don’t leave Chunnie behind.” He said cutely. GROSS.

“EEww, stop that. It doesn’t fit your character.” I just shook my head from left and right and chuckled a bit. “Oh yeah, I love the song you sang with Jaejoong a while ago.”

“Really? Thanks. We really worked hard for it. And you’re dancing was really COOL.” Then he gave me a two thumbs up.

“Haha. Thanks. I just don’t like the costume because it was revealing and I’m not used to it.” I complained.

“You look y on those. Let me see, I think it’s the second time I saw you wear clothes which aren’t your type.hahaha.”

“Ha. Shut up, Yoochun. And speaking of which, prom is approaching. *sigh* I’ll be staying at the sides again.” I told him with a down expression.

“Haha. I didn’t have the chance to attend last year because I have to go somewhere with my family at that time. It’s good that I still have a chance for this year.”

“Tss. You’ll be too busy with girls I’m sure.” I assured him.

“Well, that’s my life.”

”I bet you have someone you like right now.”

Then I noticed that he looks at me weirdly and smirked.

“Jealous?” he suddenly asked which made me look at him with brows crossed.

“Dream on. You’re so conceited, Park Yoochun.”

--------------------------------------------

[-Hara’s pov-]

A while ago, we arrived at their house. Right now, I’m at the living room sitting across him while Unnie is preparing the cake she baked for him.

I noticed that he looks quite tired and rested his head on the sofa while closing his eyes..

“You okay?“ I asked curiously.

He just nods in reply.

Then I heard Unnie singing from the kitchen. When I turned around, she was holding a a chocolate cake with a small candle in the middle of it. She was walking towards us.

“Happy birthday dongsaeng!~~” she greeted after putting the cake on the table.

“Happy birthday.” I don’t know but it feels so awkward when I said that.

“Even though I don’t require this, thanks Unnie.” Then he smiled and shifted his attention to me. “Thanks for being here.”

He’s really cute when he smiles but it’s so rare of him to smile.

"Y-Yeah.hehe.” I replied.

“Make a wish! Make a wish!” Unnie said excitedly.

He stared a bit at his cake and blows the candle. After that, Unnie gets a slice of cake for each of us but he only eats one bite of it. He said that he needs to rest because he’s really tired and immediately walks upstairs towards his room.

”Don’t mind him Hara. He’s really like that.” Unnie said reassuringly.

“Y-yeah. It’s okay.” I’m used to it already. His mood swings again.

“Uhm, Unnie, I got to go home now. Thanks for the delicious cake.” I said as I stand up and bow to her.

“Oh, okay. Hehehe. See you next time. But you should tell him you should go now.”

Huh? I bet he doesn’t care if I’ll go or not. Well, it’s Unnie who said it so I should just do it.

“Uhm, alright.”

After that, I went upstairs and walked towards the black door where his room is. Then I started to knock.


“Hey, I’ll go home now.”

But I didn’t hear any response from him. He’s asleep already? I knocked once more and the door suddenly flew open. Now, this is really weird. I sneaked into his room and it was dark. The light outside his room helped me see where he is. He’s lying in his bed with a blanket over him. I could see his eyes were closed and sweats are formed on his forehead.

I walked towards him and bent down at his level.

“Taegoon-sshi.” I called for his name as I touched his arm. And my eyes widen.

“Oh my gosh! You’re burning. Why didn’t you tell Unnie that you’re sick?” I couldn’t help but yell.

“You’re so noisy…I want to sleep...” He said as he turned his back from me. Aish, he’s so stubborn.

“Fine. Sleep all you want. But don’t blame me if you’re not gonna wake up.” I said in an irritated tone and started walking out of his room.

“So you’re gonna leave me here?”

“Yes. I. Will. I hate stubborn people like you.” I replied coldly without facing him. Even though, I’m used by his mood swings, there’s just times… times like this that I can’t stand it.

“Really?” I heard him chuckle and that made me face him. He’s one heck of an irritation to me. He removed the blanket over him and tried to sit on his bed but he went back lying on bed. Crazy guy.

“You’re crazy. Don’t try to sit or stand up if you know you’re too weak to do it.”

He chuckled once again and tried to sit from his bed and he managed to do it. “See? Who said I couldn’t?” then he tried to stand on the floor. I can see that his eyes were weak even his knees and he was holding the head of the bed for support. What the heck is he doing?? This guy is SICK mentally and physically.

“Yah!” I walked towards him and he lost balance. He fell towards me and I couldn’t even move. What’s going on with this body of mine?!

 

 

The next thing I know is that I’m still standing there but he was resting his head on my shoulder and I can hear his heavy breathing. His hands were holding my arms and it made me hold onto him too. My other leg is at my back. So it’s like I’m supporting him not to fall and for me not to fall too.

“You’re heavy, do you know that.” I uttered under my breath.

“Tss.” I heard him chuckle. “Then why did you catch me?” he said as he looked at me face to face. And he was really close.

“T-that’s because…” I cleared my throat. “…you’re sick and too weak to get up. If I didn’t do this, you’re probably injured right now and Unnie will probably worry.”

“Is that so…” he said before he closed his eyes and fell on the bed. And now, I’m on top of him. How’s that?

I touched his forehead which was still sweaty and… his fever lowered down. Don’t tell me his body has mood swings as well?

After that, I covered him with his blanket and left his room. I told Unnie that he has a fever but it already lowered down. She immediately went to his room after that.