Chapter 15

Hot and Cold

 

Everything is already in order and decorations were already hanged and put on specific areas according to the plan. All students most especially the organizers were finalizing everything because tomorrow will be the start of their Foundation Day.

Jaejoong and Sohee are finalizing the sequence of events during the Talent Show at that time. Sohee can’t seem to concentrate because she was bothered of something.

“Jaejoong oppa, I need to tell you something.”

Jaejoong’s attention was shifted to her and showed a curious expression. “What is it?”

“Yeonhee… she should be careful.” She said in a serious tone which made Jaejoong wonder.

“Huh? Be careful from what?”

“I’m sorry oppa.” Then she immediately walked out from the room.

It made him more curious and stood up. It was a good thing everything was settled before she left. He produced copies for the emcees for the event.

After that, he went to the Music room where he was supposed to meet with Yeonhee. When he entered the room, she was sitting at the bench on one corner while resting his back on the wall. He noticed that she was somehow sleepy and thought of teasing her.

“Aegya, did you wait long?”

The sleepy Yeonhee was alarmed by his habit of calling her names and looked at the doorway glaring.

“Shut up.” She stood up and looked at him angrily. And it just made him chuckle a bit.

“Oh yeah. Sorry to keep you waiting but you should rest now for tomorrow. So, you can go home now.”

“Bwoh? You should have told me earlier.”

“Miahne. I’m busy setting everything for tomorrow. To be honest, we just finished.”

“Oh, that’s good to hear. Well, good luck for all of us tomorrow.” She smiled a bit as she gets her bag. “I’ll go home now.”

Jaejoong suddenly remembered what Sohee said a while ago.

“Bye. Be careful, okay?”

“Araso. I will.” Then she left as he watched her walking away from him.

“Jaejoong hyung!” Jaejoong turned his head and saw Yoochun.

“Hey, what took you so long?”

“Some girls were blocking my way a while ago. They said they wanna go out with me.” As he moved his head in disbelief.

Jaejoong chuckled upon hearing about it.

“Oh yeah? What happened then?”

“I said I’m too busy for those things so that they will let me pass.”

“What? Are you kidding me?”

“Of course it’s just an excuse. Oh by the way, I have already told the emcee tomorrow about ‘that’.” Yoochun said as he emphasized the word ‘that’.

“Thanks. I just hope nothing goes wrong tomorrow.”

“Yeah. I hope so too.”

After that, they went out of the room as they go separate ways upon going home.

------------------------------------------------

[-Hara’s pov-]

I can’t seem to find him right now. He’s not even at the Dance room. Suddenly, my phone rang.

“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Where are you?”

I immediately recognize the voice.

“I’m supposed to ask you that. Are you serious about what you said?”

-“Yeah. Noona’s waiting for you at the coffee shop near the amusement park.”

“Hey, I didn’t give my answer yet.”

-“Oh, I thought you agreed. Silence means yes for me.”

Aish. What kind of person is he? Concluding like that?

“I’m still in the campus. Noona said I should accompany you in going there.”

Then he ended the call. I looked at my phone in disbelief. Why did he suddenly hang up?


………..


“Hey.” Somebody said behind me and I was startled by it so I distanced myself from him.

“Please don’t do that again.” I uttered under my breath. “Why are you here?”

“I just came to pass by and I saw you standing here. Hmm, let’s go.” Then he offered his hand to me.



..Huh??



I stared into his hand for a while, thinking on what to do. But hey, why am I suddenly like this?

I went back to reality when he waved his hand in front of me.

“Are you okay? Just follow me, okay?” he turned his back from me and started walking.

“Y-yeah, alright.”

I followed him quietly until we reached the parking lot. And he deactivated the alarm as he went in the driver’s seat. He opened the other door as I went in too.

He drove off as we left the school grounds.


After 15 minutes, outside the coffee shop

Standing before the coffee shop makes me feel nervous. I don’t know why I should be. Unnie is nice and all. Very much opposite of this guy beside me who have mood swings.

We both went in the coffee shop and saw Unnie sitting on one of the tables in there and noticed us when we came in.

“Taegoon, what took you so long?”

“I was searching for this girl.” He said while pointing at me.

After that, we took a seat and sit across Unnie.

“Is it really okay with you, Hara?”

Ahh… Uhm, I didn’t really decide about this yet. “Yeah, it’s okay.” *sigh* I think that decides it all.

“Thanks Hara.” She smiled as she held my hands. “Let’s support him, okay?”

Support him..? That’s not of my plan Unnie. I just fakely smiled to her.

After that talk, we bid goodbye to Unnie before we left the coffee shop.

“Support you, huh?” I said with and chuckled a bit.

“We’ll I’m not forcing you to.” He said in a calm voice and walked fast towards his car.

“Hey! Wait up!” I walked fast towards him when he suddenly stopped and faced me.

“Are you gonna go back to school?”

“Hmm, no.”

“Okay. I need to go somewhere today. Noona will just text you on where you’ll see each other. See you tomorrow at the Talent Show.” After he said those things to me, he tapped my head and smiled a bit then left with his car.

I touched my head in shock with his actions...again.


---------------------------------------

Phone conversation...

“She sure has the guts to flirt with him, huh? I won’t allow such things. He’s just mine.”

-“He’s yours. I can’t seem to capture his heart and I think it’s because of that girl.”

“Too bad. It’ll just be the two of us. Sohee suddenly had change of minds, I don’t know whats up with her. Let’s pursue the plan for tomorrow before the Talent Show.”

-“Alright then. Let’s meet tomorrow.”

---------------------------------------


Evening

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

I was lying on his bed and busy reading. I was about to close her eyes when…



Purple line, let me set up my world!
Dare mo aruita koto nai this way,
Yume wo idaite ikikata wo sagashi tsuzuketeru
Jibun rashiku my progression
Tsuyoi kimochi wo motte~




“Yeobseoyo.” I answered in a tired tone and covered my face with my other hand.

-“Did I disturb your sleep, Aegya?”

Hmph! Jaejoong.

“Gladly, yes. I was just about to sleep.” I guess. Reading is like my sleeping pills. Hehehe “Why did you call?”

-“Do you already have something to wear for the Talent show?” he asked. Speaking of, I haven’t thought about that too.

“Hmm, I guess so.” I replied hesitantly.

-“You’re coming with me tomorrow. I’ll buy you something to wear.”

Huh?

“Yah! What are you talking about? You don’t have to do that.”

-“But.I.want.to.” he said emphasizing each word with a childish voice.

“Tss. NO.”

I heard him chuckle on the other line. What’s with him??

“Oh yeah. You’re gonna be the last performer tomorrow. I’m gonna hang up now. Good night.” Then we both hanged up.

I felt relieved when I heard him say that.

----------------------------------------

The next day, 9:02 AM after the opening ceremony...


First off: SPORTS EVENT

SEOUL High School (Home) VS KWANGJU High School (Visitor)
Soccer Game Championships



Students from both schools arrived carrying with them their banners and some were wearing the jersey uniform.

Hara, Yeonhee and Yoona came together and sit at the upper part of the bleachers.


[-Yoona’s pov-]

We sat there and I immediately set my eyes to look for Donghae. I found him sitting at one of the benches with the other players of our school. I’m hoping they will win this. He’s been preparing for this event since last month.

Few minutes after, the first half of the game started and I’m getting nervous on what would happen.

As what we all observed, aiming for a goal in a soccer game usually takes a while before it happens. Our team almost made a goal but it was blocked by the goal keeper. Hmph!

Then for the second attempt, it was Donghae who tries to have one. I stood up and shout for his name and cheered for him. “GO DONGHAE!!!!”

Hara and Yeonhee also cheered for him which made me happy. After that cheer, he successfully made a goal that made us and our schoolmates shout in joy. My Donghae is really the best ^^


[-Hara’s pov-]

Woah, Donghae made a goal. Yipee!!~

……………....


…………...


………………...


…………………...

2 hours later

SCORE: 3 -  3
5 minutes left


Oh my, our team should make a goal to win. If we win this, GRAND SLAM here we come.

I noticed that Yoona is really watching Donghae with a hopeful expression. (>.<) I just tap her back to make her calm a bit.


IF YOU WANT A PRETTY, EVER WANNA PRETTY
Andoendaneun mameun
NO NO NO NO~


I excused myself and went to a quiet place.

 

“Yeobseoyo.” I greeted when I answered my phone.

-“Hara, it’s Unnie.”

I felt a little nervous when I knew it was Unnie. *sigh*

”Oh, Unnie. Why have you called?”

-“I’m outside the music room right now. I want to watch my dongsaeng’s practice but he won’t let me.”  I can sense in her voice that she was kind of disappointed.

“Ah, hehe. I think he just want to surprise you later with his performance that’s why he’s like that.” I really don’t know what I’m talking about. As if I know what he was thinking that time. I just don’t want Unnie to feel bad.

-“Oh well, I guess you’re right about that. Where are you by the way?”

“There’s a soccer game going on right now and we’re watching it.”

Then I heard a loud cheer from the audience. I can see Yoona and Yeonhee hugging each other in happiness. What’s happening??

-“Wow. It’s so noisy in there. I got to go somewhere right now. I’ll just call you back okay?” then she ended the call. That guy really is weird. It’s his sister we’re talking here but he still shows that kind of attitude. *sigh*

I almost forgot about the game so I immediately went back to my place earlier.

“Hey what’s happening?” I asked Yeonhee.

“Hara! We won!!”

“That’s all because of my Donghae~!!” Yoona added happily.

“Really?!! Yay!!”

And then, I was added to the noises of the crowd. The players also jumped in joy in the field in victory.


………………………...


Later that time, there was a victory party for the players. Yoona bid goodbye to us and went to Donghae. She immediately hugged him. Awww, really sweet~~

Yeonhee and I went to eat our lunch first before going to the auditorium for the Talent Show. It’ll start at exactly 3 pm.

“Eat a lot, Yeonhee.”

“Yeah..hahaha. I need energy for later.” She said as she was eating her food. “Oh yeah, who called you earlier in the middle of the soccer game?”

“It was Unnie. Taegoon wouldn’t let her see his dance practice. I told her maybe he just wants to surprise her with it during the performance.” I said as I took a sip of the orange juice I bought.

“Speaking of which, didn’t you say he asked you a favor about accompanying his sister?”

“Hmm, yeah. Why’d you ask?”

“Hara, can’t you sense it? He’s beginning to trust you.”

Just when she said that and thinking about it…well…maybe?

“I really don’t know. I can’t seem to know his true personality sometimes. He’s a guy with mood swings.” I said honestly and wondered my thoughts on those things.

“Okay. I won’t judge. Besides, I don’t know him very well.” Yeonhee stated defensively.

[-End of Hara’s pov-]

---------------------------------------


“Good they’re together right now.”

“Unnie, I think it’s better if we confront them ourselves.”

“Of course. Who said it’s not gonna be us? That way, it’ll be much interesting and fun.” As they showed their evil smiles.

“First, we should talk to them PRIvately.” The older one said.


----------------------------------------

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

We just finished eating and decided to go to the auditorium after. As we walked along the hallway, we came to pass by a girl who was crying.

“Hara-sshi. You got to help me.”

“Yuri, what happened? Why are you crying?” Hara asked her.

“Taegoon is in trouble.” She uttered under his breath.

“Where is he?” I asked this time.

“He’s *sniff* at the old room upstairs. He won’t listen to me. Please we got to help him.” Then she held unto Hara’s hand. I can sense his sincerity towards the situation.

“I understand, Yuri. We’ll go with you.” Hara assured her.

“Thank you very much, Hara-sshi.”

So, we went upstairs and went immediately to the old room. Hara went in first and I just followed behind her. I looked back and saw a suspicious face of Yuri. I caught her smiling like she was planning something.

“Hara—“ But before I could finish my sentence, someone appeared in front of us. It wasn’t Taegoon. It was a girl and she really looks familiar to me.

“Where is he?” Hara asked her.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” the girl made a questionable face.

“Taegoon-sshi. Isn’t he here?” Hara managed to turn her attention back to Yuri.

“No, he’s not even here to start with.”

“Huh? I don’t understand.” Hara seems to be confused. Even I became confused as well.

“Yeonhee, right?” the girl suddenly said which made me froze to where I was standing. “Do you remember me?” then she walked slowly towards me.

I’m trying to remember where and when I met her. And it crossed my mind. She was the girl who liked Jaejoong and approached him when we were in the amusement park. If I’m correct she is…

“Ayumi?”

She clapped her hands and smiled sarcastically.

“Oh, I’m so glad you remember me. You stole the guy whom I loved the most. Look at you, I can’t believe he likes a trash like you.” she said in an insulting tone.

I just stopped myself from doing anything and looked at her straight in the eyes.

“Hey, don’t blame me if he rejected you. I apologize if he did that to you. If you look at me as a trash, what do you think of yourself? A queen or something? I think we’re just wasting our time here. This talk is so irrelevant.”

“This girl, you don’t know what I can do to you right now.” Ayumi said with a fierce look.

Then Yuri suddenly went beside her.

“Yuri, please. Let’s stop this. This is so stupid.” Hara said.

“NO! I’m blaming you Hara. After I confessed to him, he rejected me. He doesn’t talk much to me nowadays. I can see he treats you differently among other people. And you’re seducing him! I can’t accept that!”

“What the?! You’re so childish Yuri. He doesn’t even care about me. You’re just overacting.” Hara assured her.

“What?! You don’t know what I’m going through. I like him ever since freshman years. And you, you s transferred here. I didn’t expect you’re gonna claim them after a short while?” Yuri replied.

“CLAIM?!” Hara and I said in unison.

“Hmph. Don’t go near them when school days resume or else...
































...You’ll be kicked out from this school.” Ayumi smiled evilly.

“WHAT?!” we questioned together.

“What right do you have to kick us out?” Hara asked.

“The principal is my very own uncle. It’s so easy to lie, you know, just to kick the two of you out. But if you stay away from them, then there would be no problem.”

Hara and I looked at each other with a worried face. Why are we experiencing this kind of unluckiness? We didn’t even do anything wrong. These girls are really getting into my nerves already.

“So what you mean is we should not talk or even go near on Taegoon and Jaejoong, right? That way, this will all be over?” I asked clearing things up.

“Yes, Yeonhee. Good, you understood things. If you keep it that way, maybe we’ll be good friends.” Ayumi said with a smile on her face. Good friends my . I wouldn’t hope for that to happen if you keep that freakin’ y attitude. HMF!!

………………………….

[-Hara’s pov -]

“Okay then. We’ll do what you want. Can we leave now? I still have things to do.”

“Sure.” Then they both came near us. “Just be sure to keep your words and no one must know this except for the four of us.” Finally they left.

“Yeonhee, what have we done to be treated like this?” I asked her when I sensed that they’re not already around.

“I don’t know either. I hate it when someone treats us as low as this. I think the best thing to do now is to stay away from Jaejoong.”

“And from Taegoon.” I added.



After that, we were on our way to the school auditorium when someone called.

“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Hara, I’m outside the gym right now.” It’s Unnie.

“Okay, Unnie. I’ll be right there.” I replied and ended the call.

We arrived at the gym at around 2:36 pm. Yeonhee bid goodbye to me and went backstage. I saw Unnie waiting patiently for me as she rests her back on the wall near the entrance. She saw that I was coming and approached me right away.

“Hara, are you alright? You seem to be stressed.” Unnie said as she looks at me.

“Hehe. I’m okay Unnie. All of us we’re quite busy on the previous days because we helped to prepare for this event.” I said as I smiled fakely.

“Oh, you should rest after all of this. By the way, we should go in now or we’ll run out of seats.”

I nod a bit and we both went inside. We managed to find a seat somewhere in the middle.

-------------------------------------------

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

I went backstage after I bid goodbye to Hara. When I arrived there, I immediately went to the dressing room.

“Yeonhee.”

When I turned, it was Sohee.

“What is it?” I asked in a typical tone.

“Can we talk for a minute?” She asked. Why is she nice to me all of a sudden?

“Okay.” I replied immediately and we went somewhere where there isn’t much people passing by.

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked her.

“I’m so sorry.” She said and tears were coming out from her eyes.

“Hey, hey, wait. Why are you crying? What are you sorry for?”

“I was a part of Yuri and Unnie’s plan. But I don’t want Jaejoong to hate me. Unnie wanted Jaejoong to be hers. I realized that she only needs me to do what she wants. She never listens to what I said.”

I was surprised on the things that she just said now. I don’t know what to say to her. I didn’t expect her to be like this and tell me these things.

“Ayumi, right?”

She just nods in agreement.

“Please forgive me. I just don’t want to ruin oppa’s treatment towards me. He’s very kind to me ever since and I want to keep it that way. Even though he doesn’t like me more than a friend, for him to hate me will be the worst.” She said and sobs afterwards.

“Sohee, I didn’t expect you to tell me these things. I forgive you, okay? So, stop crying now before Jaejoong see you crying.” I assured her and smiled.

“Really? You don’t hate me?”

“Of course not. Well, at first you made a bad impression for me, but now, I realized that you’re a good person.” I said and winked at her

“So we’re friends now?” she asked.

“Sure.” I agreed and we hugged each other.

“Thanks, Yeonhee.”

“You too. Thanks a lot.”

After that, I went back to the dressing room as Sohee went somewhere to make sure the show is going smoothly according to plan.

I changed my clothes first and applied light make up.

“Yeonhee-sshi?”

I turned around and saw Yoochun.

“Oh, Yoochun.”

“Jaejoong asked me to give you this.” He handed me a small box and a folded paper. “See ya, later. Good luck by the way.”

“Thanks. Wait—“

Woah, he’s fast. He’s in a hurry I guess.

I opened the box and a silver necklace was there before me. the necklace

Then I opened the folded paper and read it.


Yeonhee-sshi, you didn’t agree that I’ll buy you something to wear so instead I’ll lend you this. That’s mine okay? Don’t you ever lose it. Just return it if we came to pass by each other. Let’s just say, it’ll be your lucky charm for later. Remember the things I taught you and don’t be nervous! I’ll be watching you somewhere.Good luck, Aegya~ ^_^ -JJ

 

 

Geez, he calls me names even in the letter. I observed the necklace and wear it. Then I looked at myself in the mirror. Not bad.

 

CLICK ME

 

 

 ------------------------------------------

[-Hara’s pov-]

The lights suddenly went off and a spotlight was seen in the middle. The emcees went out from backstage and we all clapped our hands.

“Good evening everyone. I’m Sohee and this is my partner Yoobin. We will be hosting tonight’s event.”

Then they talked about the criteria for judging.


“ Everyone seems to be excited about this. We won’t take this long and start for our first performer for tonight.”


CONTESTANT # 1

They’re English is so good to hear~ I wish I could speak that fluent. ^^


CONTESTANT # 2

I didn’t expect Shin Hye to participate at this event. She’s also a Senior like me and she’s really pretty.


CONTESTANT # 3

WOoot~~ it’s so catchy.


CONTESTANT # 4

That performance was awesome. They remind of my favorite group DBSK weee~!!


CONTESTANT # 5

Boa? I didn’t knew she was this great in dancing.


CONTESTANT # 6

Honestly, his stage presence is really there. And that smile, it’s priceless. Also, the crowd sang in the chorus part. I was also enjoying it. He dances really well.

“Woah, what a performance!” was all Unnie could say for that.

OMG, It’s Yeonhee’s turn now.

“Ladies and gentlemen, for the highlights for tonight, let’s all welcome Miss Lee Yeonhee.”



---------------------------------------------

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

I’m at the backstage when Sohee called my name to perform. Ugh, Good luck to me. Everyone was wishing me good luck before I appeared before the crowd.

The auditorium was full of people from the bleachers and even at the ground floor. I just headed my way towards the piano and took seat. I breathed in and out and placed my hands on the keys and started playing.

Yeonhee's piano piece

……..

….

……..

……..

….

……..

……..

….

……..

……..

….

……..


Then I hit the last key and everyone clapped their hands for me. I stood up as I faced the crowd and bowed. It feels really great and I haven’t felt this before. Even though I’m still an amateur at these things, thanks to him I managed to keep my cool.

“Yo, yo, yo, what’s up everyone?”

The crowd’s cheer was 5 times louder this time. Who’s that guy speaking American English? When I turned around, it was Yoochun and…Jaejoong? They were walking towards me.

Jaejoong and Yoochun's outfit

“Yoochun, who’s this pretty girl?”

HMPH!, Somebody get me out of here. It’s so embarrassing. T_T

“I think her name is Yeonhee, am I right?”

I just smiled fakely towards Yoochun. I really want to choke Jaejoong right now. What’s he planning this time? The crowd was cheering loudly that time.

“For the final highlights for tonight, Yoochun and I prepared a song for all of you. It was sung originally by M-Flo and Lisa. So here it goes. I hope you enjoy this”

Jaejoong and Yoochun - Been So Long

Yeah Soulmate, brand new song, here it is,
They call us
…Double J and Micky,
Hey J, why don
’t you start first,
Lets go



Then Jaejoong suddenly held my hand that made me surprised and faced me while he was singing. I can hear the crowd’s yell especially the fangirls. It was extremely loud.

I’ve been waiting for so long
Nee HONTO ni sore de ii no?
Broken promises amai kotoba ni
sasowarete yeah

Ki ni shinai my periphery,
‘cause jamamono bakari
Uwasa ni kiku melody
’s atama n naka ni
Tousai SUKEERU wa soudai
Oishiku ate too many MC
’s, I got kounaien
and the fly juumin itsumo troopin

the 23 (nijuusan)kku with love oto no shuujin
so throw up your hands joudan nukina tech
urbanite nagare soulmate dialect


He was still holding my hand at that time and smiled as he looked at me. I was like dumbfounded on stage.

You know it didn’t have to be this way (this way uh)
Mou nani mo iwanaide iyasenai kono itami mo (that
’s right)
Kikitakunai nagusame (what)
With all my heart (u-hu), with all my soul mou (that
’s right)
sugita koto wa wasureyou (yeah yeah yeah yeah)
With all my mind, with all my strength
namida to nagarete yuku wa



Finally, I managed to enjoy myself on stage and just clapped as I thumped my feet alternately left and right on the floor.

I’ve been waiting for so long
Toki to tomo ni kiete yuku no
Broken promises amai kotoba ni
sasowarete yeah

Strobelite hijou jitai hassei
your nonsense wo kanzen ni moyasuze
it
’s tragic how nanzen mono rappers come & go
call this the banken flow
MC
’s best look out tsukau vocab’s mental

Remember me, I
’m the one you used to doubt
Demo sokora no yatsu to wake ga chigau
Ima genzai kako no hanashi to wa en nai
Ya heard, it
’s double J, Y C

It
’s payday sakebe
my geimei it
’s Mickey I seikei
designing this while they play
Kodomo damashi moveover,
‘cause
SUGEE unidentified
Toumei de nagareru hikari no you comin

your way
Sora kasuru kazukazu to narabu chokousou
BIRU kakomu oto wo teikyou

Let me rock your cradle, you’ll never figure
out this
Meiro no you na rhyme scheme no iro wa
keikou

I
’ve been waiting for so long
Nee HONTO ni sore de ii no?
Broken promises amai kotoba ni
sasowarete yeah

Kokoro no KIZU naze itsumademo
~
(sing it, sing it J)
Wasurerarenai no deshou
~
(unlearn is the word shinjitsu manifest)
why ask why
~
(why? got no time for games)
Iiwake kikanai
~
(that
’s right, kokoro no omoi kikasete kure yo)
Kamisama souzou ijou kanaete kudasai
‘Cause, you can light up my world
(Doko kara tomo naku kikoete kuru oto coming)
from the underground to a scene that is minus 10 degrees (10 degrees)
Samui we heat it up
Kagiri nai kono flow unforgettable
itsumademo
yes yes on and on to the
Kore monku nashi when I flush down your
kashi
we doin
’ this hitoashi osaki we formulatin
touch
with meigen yo what
’s your STATION
I.D. kike saishin COMBINATION

With all my heart with all my soul
With all my mind with all my strength
With all my heart with all my soul
With all my strength yeah



Woah, I didn’t know his voice was that high. *amazed*

I’ve been waiting for so long
Nee HONTO ni sore de ii no?
Broken promises amai kotoba ni
sasowarete yeah

I
’ve been waiting for so long
Toki to tomo ni kiete yuku no
Broken promises amai kotoba ni
sasowarete yeah