Chapter 14

Hot and Cold

 

3 days later

Everyone became busy for the upcoming foundation day. Jaejoong is with Sohee this time discussing some matters on what they will do on setting up for the Talent Show. But Sohee seems to not keep his focus on the matter and keeps on glancing at Jaejoong most of the time.

He just ignored this and shook his head. “Am I really that hard to resist?” he thought amusingly. Jaejoong stopped talking for a while and looked at her.

She snapped out of her senses for it was her turn to share her ideas.

While Sohee was talking, he remembered something he needs to do.

After they came up with a plan, Jaejoong immediately left Sohee in their classroom. He immediately dialed someone’s number.

------------


--------------------


-------------


---------------------

Purple line, let me set up my world!
Dare mo aruita koto nai this way,
Yume wo idaite ikikata wo sagashi tsuzuketeru~


“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Aegya, where are you now?”

Xing - My Girl

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

Hara and I were talking about the upcoming foundation day in the canteen when my phone rang and I immediately answered it.

“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Aegya, where are you now?”

Speaking of the devil.

“Stop calling me names! What do you want?” I asked as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

-“Can you go to the music room now?”

“Huh? For what?”

-“Please. It’s really urgent. I gotta hang up now.”

“Hey, wai—“

He did really hang up. What does he want now?

“Who’s that?” Hara asked.

“He who must not be named. The kiss thief.”

“Oh, I get it. What did he say?”

“He told me to go to the music room right now and said it was an urgent matter. But when I asked him why, he immediately hanged up.” I just shook my head in annoyance and stood up.

I sighed deeply and spoke. “See you tomorrow, Hara. I got to head to the music room for that guy.”

“Okay. Bye.” Then she gave me a quick hug as we go our separate ways.

I started walking towards the music room and reached the room in a few minutes. Then I knocked on the door twice and someone came to greet me.

“Hi there.”

“Hello.” I said in reply to him.

“Come in.”

I went in and there were people discussing some things. Actually it was pretty busy. Then someone grabs my wrist which made me stop from wandering the room.

“I thought you wouldn’t come.” Jaejoong greeted me happily.

“Luckily, I changed my mind. What do you want?”

“Do me a favor, please?”

“Huh? And what would that be?” I raised my left brow in curiosity.


…....


“Can you be my replacement for the talent show?”

My eyes grew wide when he said that.

“What?! Why?”

“Because you’re the only one I know that can do it like I do. And you know that organizers aren’t allowed to join the event they organized.” He said in a serious tone.

“But what exactly will I do?”

“Like what you always do.” Then he pointed the piano at the center of the room. I looked at him in hesitation.

“But I’m not used to many people watching me. I’m not as confident as you.”

“Hey.” He suddenly placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

“Hey, Jaejoong, is she the one who’ll replace you?” the guy who greeted me a while ago said.

“Yeah. By the way, Yeonhee this is Park Yoochun.”

I smiled and bowed to him. He just waved ‘hi’ to me.

“Yeonhee, do your best, okay?” Yoochun encouraged me.

I just nod in response and he left us again.

“Yoochun was supposed to be my replacement but I don’t want to add up to his workload.”

Oh, okay. That’s why he chose an amateur like me to replace him. But I really don’t know if I can do this like what is expected of me.

“So, can we start now?” he asked.

“Hmmm, alright.”

Then we went to practice with the piano. But before we started, he gets something from his bag and showed it to me.

“That’s the music sheet.”

He handed it to me as I see it.

“Hey, are you sure about this piece?”

“Yeah. That’s actually one of my favorites. Too bad I can’t play it. And you’ll be the one who’ll do that in my behalf.” He said as he smiled a bit.

 
Then he sits beside me. “I’ll play it first. Just listen.”


I looked at him and nodded in agreement. He placed his hands on the piano keys and started playing.

-------------------


------------


------------------


--------------


-------------------------


---------------


I was listening throughout the song and it was really beautiful. He wasn’t looking at the music sheet while playing it. The others were also listening to it as I do.

 

QUOTE

NOTE: The song Jaejoong played will be revealed at the talent show.. hehe

 

As he hit the last key, all I can say is..
“Wow. That was awesome.”

He chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his head.

“That’s the best I can do for this piece. I truly believe that you can do it.”

My face turned to a hesitant expression.

“I’m not gonna assure you that it’ll be perfectly done, okay? Internalizing it would be my main goal.”
“Gomawo.”Was all he said and then I started practicing as he helped me on some things.

-----------------------------------------

 
[-Hara’s pov-]

Yeonhee and I went separate ways after Jaejoong called her. It just means that I’m gonna go home already.

As I was walking, I heard some banging music somewhere. I looked around and noticed that the Dance room was just steps away from where I was. Curiosity took its place in me as I went near the door that was half-opened and take a look on what’s happening.

Students were practicing. I noticed that he was nowhere to be found among the ones practicing.

“Okay. Good. Let’s take a break first.”A feminine voice suddenly echoed in the room.

“We’ll resume practice after 20 minutes, araso?”Another voice added.

All responded a big YES and some were coming towards the door. I immediately get away from the door and went far from the room

I hid behind a wall where anyone couldn’t notice me even though they pass the hallway. Everyone passed by until I saw Taegoon and Yuri walking together and suddenly stopped walking near the place I was hiding when Yuri called him.

“What?”he asked coldly.

“Uhm…I need to tell you something.”She paused as he cleared . Then he turned to face her. “I…like you.”

My eyes widen in surprise. I’m not supposed to hear this kind of conversation, or I mean confession. It’s like I’m eavesdropping but I am not. I was just hiding here.

“Sorry but... you’re just a younger sister for me. Besides, you deserve much better.”He said as he showed an apologetic look.

“But—“
“Please. I don’t want to ruin the friendship we had and the good company you showed in dancing just because of this.”

I noticed that she had this sad expression but later made a happy expression.

“I’m sorry. Oh, don’t mind me. Maybe I’m just hungry that I suddenly said that to you.”

I can really distinguish a lie from not. Obviously, she was trying to hide the pain by changing the subject. *sigh* I’m too judgmental. This is what I get on this eavesdropping…accidentally.

And so I felt a state of relief when they finally continued walking. It’s a good thing nothing stupid happened that would catch me there.

I came out from the wall and looked left and…

I almost yell in surprise and suddenly became nervous.

Someone was there sitting at the bench and resting his back drinking some water looking sweaty and tired.

“Wa-what are you doing here?!”

He looked at me and gulped the water he drank before speaking.

“Huh? I’m practicing and we’re having a break now.”
“Ah.. oh... But I thought you…never mind. I’ll go home now.”

I was stuttering for an unknown reason and immediately turned my back from him. Besides, I didn’t evesdrop on purpose.

“Hara, what are you doing there anyway?”he suddenly asked which made me halt at my steps.

“Well…it’s none of your business.”I answered straightforwardly and I faced him.

“Okay. Then, is the thing you heard just now isn’t a part of mine?”he blurted out which made me lost to him.

“Uhm…”I rubbed the back of my head in guilt and bit my lower lip. “It is… but I heard it accidentally.”
“Hmm, really?”he asked in disbelief.

“I’m telling the truth. I was just passing by here and take a look at the dance room. But I hid here when you guys decided to have a break first.”I confessed honestly.

“Alright. But why were you hiding there?”

In the first place, why was I hiding?? I don’t know either.

My eyes wondered off and focused on his left arm. I can see that it is healing though there was still a scar.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot to say this.”He blurted out.

“Huh? What is it?”

Then he smiled wickedly at me.

“You got yourself some debt again.”As he pointed his left arm specifically on the part where the wound was.

I just made a deep sigh and crossed my arms and looked at him in disbelief.

“Yeah, right. As if.”then I rolled my eyes from him. There he goes again with that debt thing. I turn my back and walk away from him.

“Yah!”

I didn’t mind him and just continued walking.

“Can you accompany Noona on the night of the Talent Show?”

I stopped walking when I heard what he said and turned to face him again and I was just about 3 meters away from him. I can see him looking at me and shifts his sight on the floor looking embarrassed.

“Why don’t you ask Jaejoong about that?”I blurted out.

“He’s too busy to do that. And I think you’re the only person that knows her besides me and Jaejoong.”
“Oh…”was all I could say.

He was walking slowly towards me.

Then I noticed some of the dancers coming back already and he noticed it too.

“Taegoon-sshi.”Yuri came towards him and grabbed his arm. “The dancers are already here.”
“Yeah, I’ll be right there.”He responded and went in the room.

“Wai—“I didn’t have the chance to finish what I have to said because he already went in and the last member who came in closed the door.

What has gotten to him this time?? Should I go?

[-End of Hara’s pov-]

-------------------------------------------

“Where did he go?”Sohee wondered while finding Jaejoong. She remembered that he likes to play the piano a lot so she went immediately to the music room.

But her phone suddenly rang.

“What?!”

-“Everything is already settled. Shall we go on with it?”
“Uhm, but is it really necessary?”

-“Isn’t this what we wanted?”
“Correction, this isn’t what WE wanted. It’s what YOU wanted, Unnie.”

-“Fine! I’ll just do this myself!”

Then the other line ended the call.

Sohee looked at her phone worriedly.

“I should warn her before itstoo late. But where is she?”

Then she heard someone playing the piano. So she immediately went to the room. She smiled when she saw Jaejoong but she was with Yeonhee which made her smile fade.

“Even though how much I hate her being with Jaejoong oppa, I can’t let these things to happen to her.”She uttered under her breath.