Chapter 17

Hot and Cold

Hara reached their house and she immediately went to bed after changing to her pajamas. She closes her eyes but her mind was on something else.

Yeonhee, on the other hand, was already on her bed but she couldnt sleep.

Both of them were thinking on how to they would deal with Ayumi and Yuri about the stay-away-from-Jaejoong-and-Taegoon-or-else-you-will-be-kicked-out stuff. They already made a deal about it and they must comply with it whatever the outcome will be

-----------------------------------

SHINee - One for Me

It was a fresh morning to start the day but it was the exact opposite for the two girls. Yuri is keeping an eye on them for every move they make.

Later on, the teacher came in.

Class, starting this day, a new student will be here so be nice to him.

The teacher announced. Girls were suddenly whispering, curious whos it gonna be. The teacher signaled something outside the door and someone came in.

Annyeong haseyeo, my name is Choi Minho. Please treat me well. Then he smiled to everyone after he introduced himself.


[-Haras pov-]

A new student huh? I wonder who he is.

As he entered the room, all eyes were on him as he introduced himself.


WAIT. Minho??!!


What is he doing here?

I noticed his facial features are still the same from two years ago..

He became my boyfriend back then and he is the guy who I really trusted and loved. But one day I just found out that he went to Canada. He didnt even inform me about it. Days, weeks, and months had passed and he didn’t even contact me by any means..

He left without notice… and he suddenly comes back now..

Yeonhee looked at me worriedly. I dont know how to respond. Why does he have to come back?

Hmm, you can sit at the back of Kim Taegoon. The teacher said politely to him. I just lowered down my head as he came to pass by my desk. He stopped walking when he was already across me.

Hara… he said but I just ignored him. He realized it and just went to his seat.

[-End of Haras pov-]


After lunch time, they changed into their PE attires. The teacher announced something after they greet her.

Starting today, well be dealing about things related to music. Girls will be paired with the boys and decide on what you will do. You can sing, dance, or play the instruments, anything related to music. The final presentation will be two weeks from now. From this, I will choose the best performers and they will receive a perfect score. I have already decided on the pairings so listen well.


-------------------------------------


Yeonhee was packing her things when classes have ended and about to stand from her seat when she felt that someone was sitting on her desk.

It was Jaejoong. She just looked at him clueless.

What do you want? she asked coldly.

You seem irritated. PMSing I guess? he asked. Now hes beginning to get into her nerves again.

If youll excuse me, I need to go home now. She said as she stood up and walked passed him.

Wait. He said while grabbing her arm and it made her look at him.


[-Yeonhees pov-]

Whats he up to now? Im already trying my best to ignore him to save myself from being kicked out but here he is right now, doing what he always does..

If youre gonna tease me again, just please reserve that. I dont have time for those things. I still have to plan things with Yoochun right now.

Thats what I said to him before he could say anything to me. I noticed that he was surprised by it and looked weirdly at me but I cant think of other ways. Besides, he really is one irritating guy sometimes.

With that, I get my things and went to Yoochun. Hes my partner as what the teacher announced earlier. We just talked a bit on what were gonna do for the presentation.

He walked away from my table and went to Boa, his parther. I think they were also talking the same thing as other students are doing now.

But really, I wasnt used to treat people the way I did earlier

[-End of Yeonhees pov-]

-------------------------------------

[-Haras pov-]

It has been decided I mean the teacher have already decided of the pairings. I tried to persuade her if I could change partners but she didnt agree. T_________T I just went back to my seat and supported my head with arms thinking things over.

Yeonhee and I are trying our best to get away from them. But I didnt have the luck this time. I was even paired to HIM. What if I get kicked out??

Then, Ive just seen someone standing in front of my table. I looked up andheck, speaking of the devil.. *sigh* He just looked at me in a short while and shook his head in disbelief.

Are you just gonna sit there? Nothing will be done if youll just be like that. Taegoon said in an irritating tone.

Tss. It was better if I just left him last night to die from fever. Hmph!

Yes sir. I replied and smiled sarcastically at him as I stood up from my seat.

Follow me. He said coldly and started to walk and I just do what he says.

As we were walking out from the room, I saw Minho with Yuri. Oh, right, theyre partners. He noticed me and was about to approach me again but I immediately run out from the room and I even surpassed Taegoon. I dont want to speak to Minho this time.

Hara, wait. Please. I heard him from my back. I dont know why but I stopped but I didnt face him. He walked towards me and stopped in front of me.

I know its my fault that you hate me right now but can we talk at least? he said to me and I can sense his sincerity.

Fine. I said calmly as we went to the bench near the school canteen.

We sit beside each other but a gap is present.

What do you want to talk about? I asked first. It was really awkward but I know that I cant run away always from the reality.

Im sorry for leaving you. It was really sudden and I cant do anything. I didnt have the chance to contact you when I was there because my parents forbid me to. They said no one should know about it except for us.

My mind and heart are going back to the past again at this time. I felt hurt again by the person I loved before. To be honest, I still love him but not like before. Its not easy to forget such thing.

I think Im almost gonna cry because tears are starting to form on my eyes.

Minho, you dont know how difficult it is in my situation. It would have been better if you didnt come back. I said as the tears were starting to flow on my cheeks.

No…Hara… please dont do this. I know I could never bring back your trust but I still want us to be friends.

I finally stood up. I really couldnt take it.

Im sorry but its not that easy. Give me some time. After I said that I walked out as tears continue to flow. It seems like its not yet the right time for this thing right now.

Im passing by some students and I can sense that theyre wondering why Im crying. Ugh, can I just be invisible so that theyll stop staring?

Without further notice and attention while Im walking, I bumped on to somethingor not. More like someone.

Yah! Where have you been? It was Taegoon. I completely forgot that we were supposed to plan on what we will do.

Mianheyo… I said apologetically and kept my head low.

Why did you disappear all of a sudden? he asked but I didnt reply to him and keep on sobbing. Hey, were you crying? Ugh, stupid sobs. I just shook my head and kept my head low.

I was surprised when he lifted my chin and it made me look at him. I pushed his hand away and continue to sob. These tears just keep on rolling down my cheeks.


What happened to her?

I think she got rejected by him.

Poor girl. He could have at least given her a chance.


I noticed that he leaned near my ear.

Hey, can you keep it down? People think that I dumped you. He whispered and cleared his throat.

Sorry… was all I could say...again. To be honest, I dont even know what to do right now.

Aish. I heard him utter under his breath as he dragged me away from the crowd. He stopped in front of the dance room and dragged me in. Im still crying at that time and just kept my head low.

Yah, yah, yah! Will you stop it? he yelled at me.

Sorry I didnt mean to embarrass you a while ago.

I can hear him taking a deep breath. Hey, look at me.

H-huh? Wh—“ before I could finish what I need to say he lifted my chin again. He looked deeply at me and used a handkerchief to wipe the tears on my face. I was stunned by his actions again.

Why are you so hard-headed? And just shook his head. You better prepare tomorrow. Ill just call you, araso?

With that, he walked out from the dance room. Was that really him? He was like a complete different person Ive known.

[-End of Haras pov-]

--------------------------------------

[-Yeonhees pov-]

Im worried with Hara. How come Minho transferred here among all the schools here in Korea? *sigh* I just hope everything will be okay.

Yoochun and I went to the music room since we decided to play the piano and he is also fond of it like me. But when we arrived there, Boa and Jaejoong were also there.

Hey Jae, Boa. Yoochun greeted as they turned their heads towards us.

Oh, Yoochun, what are you doing here? Spying at us? Jaejoong asked with a smirk.

Nah. Weve already planned on something, right Yeonhee?

Ah, yes. I answered obediently. Why does he have to be here? *sigh*

Uhm, would you mind if we practice here too? Yoochun asked.

Yes! Boa suddenly answered which made us look at her.

“Huh? Why is that? Yoochun asked her with a smirk.

Because you’re face is so monotonous.

I just hid my laughter when she said that. Jaejoong is covering his mouth and just smiled. These two are bickering... in a sweet way. Dont you think?

Then Yoochun went to Boa and starts on teasing her while she just continues on writing on something.

Hey.

I turned my head to my side. It was Jaejoong. I didnt realize until now that the two of us are standing next to each other.

Uhm, I need to go to the restroom. I quickly said. Its a good thing my mind is thinking fast right now. Then I immediately left the music room.

[-End of Yeonhees pov-]

---------------------------------------

[-Boas pov-]

I was busy writing some marks on the parts where I will sing. Jaejoong and I have decided to sing a duet.

I noticed that Yeonhee left all of a sudden.

Where is she going? I asked Jaejoong.

She said shes going to the restroom. Jaejoong replied while walking towards us then taking a seat across me.

Oh.” I replied. Yoochun, let go of me. Im busy here.

You see, hes sitting on my left and his right hand is on my waist while resting his chin on my shoulder. Hes doing his charming acts again. Hmph.

Okay. Then he immediately lets go of me and just leans his head on his arms on the table.

Jae, I think we should practice this right now.

Yeah, sure. But can I ask you something?

What is it?

Is it really normal for you girls to be moody? he asked with a tone of curiosity.

Uhh, yeah but it really depends. Its either shes hiding something thats why shes acting that way or shes just like that normally. Well, thats according to my point of view. I answered him honestly. Why? Are you having problems with girls again?

No. Im just curious on something. Thanks anyway. He replied.

After that, we started to practice with the song. Yoochun and Yeonhee practiced with the piano after she returned from the restroom.

My sis is really on to something with her Unnie’. Now, I can already see the changes and this kind of things really bothers me.

[-End of Boas pov-]

-------------------------------

That night, Hara was just in her room thinking things through. She was no longer crying but her eyes are so swollen. Its a good thing theres no school tomorrow. She can rest her mind and focus on practicing. Thats what she thought.

Then her phone rang. It was him.

Yeobseoyo.

-“…….”


No one replied from the other line. She thought it was a prank.

Taegoon-sshi?

-Oh, sorry. You just sounded different. I thought I dialed the wrong number.

Hara chuckled on the thought of imagining his face to be so clueless and in doubt.

 

-What are you chuckling at? he said coldly with a curious tone.

Nothing really. Dont mind me. So, whats up?

-Hmph. Fine. You still remember the road going to our house, right?

She thought for a while and try remembering it. Good thing, she could still remember.

Ahh, yeah.

-Come here at around 9 am. Uhm, I just want to ask something. You know how to dance, right?

Okay. Dance? I know how but dont expect much from me.

-Oh. Thatll do. People improve so dont lose self-esteem. Well need that for the presentation, araso?

Yes, sir.

With that, they hang up.



The following day, the alarm rang at 8 am.

Ughtoo early…”

Then she sleeps backzZz


Z...z...z...z..? Something was bothering her. She looks at her clock. It was already 8:45 am.

With that, she got up from bed, took a bath, changed her clothes, ate breakfast, packed her things and shes good to go! She rode the taxi at around 9:20 am.

Oh no, Im late. Aish. Im dead when I arrive. She uttered worriedly under her breath.

She arrived at his residence and pressed the doorbell. The maid greeted her as she came in the house. She accompanied Hara towards his room. The maid bowed to her before she left. Hara just stared on the door of his room.

*sigh* Here goes nothing. With that, she knocked twice. No one answered. She knocked twice again but still the same. She tried to turn the doorknob and it was open.

Should I go in? she asked herself. She just sneaked to his room and found him sleeping soundly on his bed.

Aish. I thought hes already awake. Why is he still sleeping? she said quietly in disbelief.

She tapped his arms lightly and tried to wake him up but he just changed his position.

What the..? Sleepy head eh? she said under her breath as she put her hands on her waist.

Taegoon-sshi. Wake up. Its already past 9 am. She said calmly near his ear.

He covers his face with the blanket and ignored her.

Now, youre really getting into my nerves. She said annoyingly. She put her things on the floor and removing the blanket that covers his face. Ya! Wake up!

Hara can see that he is slowly opening his eyes and sits on the bed as he rubbed his eyes.

 

Ummatoo early~” he whinned.

 

But when he sees the person in front of him clearly, he jumped out of his bed.

You! What are you doing here?!

Waking you up, you sleepy head. You told me to come here at 9 am. She shook her head and a smirk followed. By the way, you whine like a kid.

Tss. He reacted with a bit of smile on his face as he rubbed the back of his head. Then he walked towards me and led me to a room. Wait here. Ill be preparing first.

After thirty minutes, he came back with a fresh look.

Youre not crying anymore? he suddenly asked that made her look at him curiously.

Huh? Oh. Im not.

Then there was a long silence as he was busy putting the CD on music player.

Taegoon-sshi, Im really sorry about yesterday. I was just letting it all out.

Well, Ill think about it. Then he looked at her and started walking towards her place. Ready? he offered his hand to her.

Yeah. She replied as he taught her the steps of the dance.