Chapter 18

Hot and Cold

A week has passed since the whole class started to practice for the presentation and students have become busy.

Yeonhee continues to ignore Jaejoong as much as possible. She usually approaches Yoochun whenever she notices that he will go near her or approach her. Jaejoong doesn’t really think it to be weird because she’s usually like that but he can sense something from her actions.

Boa and Jaejoong usually practice in the music room, same goes to Yoochun and Yeonhee.

While they were practicing, someone came and knocked on the door. Yoochun took notice on who it was.

“Oh, Yuri.” Then he shifts his attention to the guy she was with. “And you are?”

“Choi Minho. It’s my first week here in this school.” He replied politely.

“No wonder I haven’t noticed you before. I’m Park Yoochun, by the way.” Then they shake each other’s hands.

“Uhm, mind if we join you here?” Yuri asked as she took a glance at Boa.

“Ah, yeah. Sure.” He replied shortly and resumed practicing with Yeonhee.

Boa just stared at her then went back on practicing with Jaejoong.

‘Is she guarding me or something? I think she’s worried that I might tell Jaejoong something.’ She smirked at the thought.

Yeonhee was surprised to see Yuri and Minho in the music room. She looks at them as they entered the room, going towards the corner. ‘Is she up to something again?’ she thought as she shook her head in disbelief.

Two hours have passed as Yoochun, Yeonhee, Jaejoong and Boa decided to leave together. After they left, Yuri and Minho were the ones left in the music room.

”Minho, can I ask you something?” Yuri suddenly blurted. Minho looked at her and nodded in agreement.

“What’s your relationship with Hara? Almost all students were aware of your conversation on the corridor a week ago.”

He was somewhat surprised by her question but he can see it coming from anyone he knew in the school, since things weren’t still clear between Hara and him.

“Why’d you ask?” He replied as he sits on one of the benches at the side.

“Oh, just curious.” She replied back as she sits beside him.

“Well, what you heard says it all.” He said without hesitation.

Yuri was a little bit disappointed by his answer. ‘He’s not that easy to read. But I think I can use him.’ She thought.

“Okay. I’m cool with that. So, can we resume practicing?”

“Sure. Let’s work hard for this.” He replied as the two of them stood up and resumed practicing.

----------------------------------------

Boa - Possibility

[-Hara’s pov-]

Taegoon and I are currently practicing in his house. Actually, the room we’re using is full of mirrors. It almost looks the same with the school’s dance room.

Still, I can’t keep my distance from him because as you know, we’re partners for our PE class. *sigh* Besides, I have never talked to Yeonhee these past few days. I bet she’s also busy practicing. Well, everyone does.

“Yah, Pabo, why are you staring in the mid-air with your mouth open?” he said as he sits beside me on the floor, with a brow raised. Aigoooo! Now that’s embarrassing.

“Hey, I’m just relaxing my mouth.” I said as an excuse while looking on the other side of the room.

Then, I just heard him chuckle.

I didn’t mind him and drink a bit of the bottled water I brought.

“Taegoon-sshi, we’re almost done right?” I asked and looked at him.

He was lying on the floor with both hands under his head and both eyes closed.

 

“He’s sleeping already? Gosh.”

It’s good though, my feet are hurting already. Our dance really has a lot of foot works. T_T fighting!

Then someone knocked on the door which made me turn my head to see who it was.

“Taegoon-hyung?” He called out and saw me.

“Oh, hi there.” He greeted with a smile then shifted his sight to Taegoon as he entered the room.

“Hyung! Why didn’t you tell me that your girlfriend is here?” he asked with a pout.

Me?! His girlfriend?! What is this guy talking about?!

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I said to the guy.

“Yah, Yo Seob. Since when did your hair become blonde?” Taegoon asked him.

The ‘Yo Seob’ guy took a seat beside me on the other side.

“Well, just four hours ago. I missed my hair like this.”

Then, Taegoon sat up from lying down on the floor. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I got curious when I heard music played from this room that’s why I came.”

He just nodded with his reply.

“By the way, Hara this is my cousin Yo Seob.”

I just smiled at Yo Seob to show my respect to him. On the other hand, he suddenly put his hand on my shoulder and moved me towards him. What’s he doing?!

“Hyung, Hara isn’t your girlfriend right?” I looked at him weirdly. Both of them are really cousins. I can’t seem to predict their next move. Hmph. It’s just that Yo Seob is more expressive than Taegoon.

“And what are you planning?” Taegoon asked him.

“Well, I just wanna hang out with her…hehehe.” He chuckled cutely. Hang out with me? I don’t even know him that much.

“Oh, really.” Then there was silence for a while before he suddenly stood up. “Yo Seob, we’re gonna resume our practice now, okay? I don’t want any disturbance, so can you leave for the mean time?”

“Ah, okay. I understand.” then he stood up from his place. “See you later hyung. Hara.” He waved goodbye to us and left the room.

At that time, I also stood up. My feet still hurts but we should practice like what he said earlier.

He offered his hand to me and I just held on to it.

“So, that’s it for today. We’ll need energy for the performance. So, starting tomorrow, spend your free time to rest. We’ll practice again four days from now.”

I blinked twice and finally digested what he just said.

“REALLY?! Thanks!” I said happily that I suddenly went to embrace him. O.O

“Ah...yeah... You did well so far.” I heard him say in an anticipating tone.

I immediately let go when I realized what I was doing. That was way too embarrassing.

“Mianheyo... I overreacted.” Then I got my things and went out of the room after saying goodbye to him. Well, as usual, he didn’t react that much when I say that I’ll be leaving. Duh? What do I expect?

[-End of Hara’s pov-]

---------------------------------------------------

Yo Seob felt bored in his room and decided to get some food when he saw Hara going downstairs. His curiosity hits him again and went to see Taegoon.

“Taegoon-hyung!”

Taegoon was about to go out from the room when he saw Yo Seob.

“Oh, do you need something?”

“Uhm, nothing much. Just wondering why she left already?”

“She’s tired and I’m tired too that’s why.” Then he put his hand around his neck while walking on the corridor. “So, you better prepare some food for hyung, okay? I’ll take a shower first.”

“Fine. Fine. Just stop dragging me.” Yo Seob complained. With that, Taegoon let go of him. “Hyung, I can hang out with Hara, right?”

“Ask her. Not me.” Taegoon answered as he walks his way to the bathroom.

Yo Seob sighed deeply as he went to the kitchen. “Hyung, you like her, do you?” he suddenly uttered under his breath.

----------------------------------------------------

-PAUSE MUSIC-

“Unnie, I’ve got good news.” Yuri said as she was talking to Ayumi on the phone. “I met Hara’s ex-boyfriend and he’s my partner in our PE class. And I think I can use him on our plans. Of course, Jaejoong and Yeonhee are distant now. Yeonhee is doing like what they have promised. Hara, on the other hand, has been partnered to Taegoon and that really pisses me off. HMPH!”

“Calm down there, Yuri. You can’t keep Hara away from Taegoon this time but if everything will be over, she’ll keep his distance from him. She knows very well on what will happen once they disobey us.”

They both smiled evilly to themselves.

“Well, you’re right about that Unnie. I’ll just continue to keep an eye on them.” Yuri replied with reassurance.

-------------------------------------------------------

-RESUME MUSIC-

After class, Donghae, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Taegoon went to Jaejoong’s house to play basketball.

“Yo, Taegoon, where’s Yo Seob by the way?” Donghae asked..

“Oh, he’s probably at home. Why’d you ask?”

“Invite him to come here. It’ll be fun if we’re many.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll just call him now.”

So, with that, he called up Yo Seob. He responded happily to Taegoon and said that he’d be there in a few minutes.

“Your playmate is coming.” Taegoon said to Donghae. He just smiled in return.

Jaejoong just chuckled with what Taegoon has just said. Donghae and Yo Seob were close friends ever since but despite entering different schools, they still manage to hang out some time.

“Hey, Yoochun.” Jaejoong said as he passes the ball to him. He was staring at the girl who just passed by outside. “Tsk.Tsk.Tsk. You really can’t get enough of girls, are you?”

“Yah, as if you’re not like me sometimes. Hahaha.” Yoochun replied to him as he shoots the ball to the ring.

“Jaejoong-hyung!” Yo Seob called from outside the gate before a maid went and opened it for him.

Then, Donghae and Yo Seob do their special handshake together. Jaejoong, Taegoon, and Yoochun just looked at them.

“Guys.” Taegoon said as he stood between Yo Seob and Donghae and placed his arms around them. “Are we gonna play or what?”

Suddenly, Yoochun’s phone rang. After hanging up, he then packed his things. “Guys, I need to go.”

“Huh? We haven’t even started yet?” Donghae and Jaejoong said in unison.

“Sorry. Next time, I promise.”

With that, he changed first and then left Jaejoong’s house. He went back to school and goes to the soccer field. There he found her sitting on the bench. No one was there except for the both of them.

He walked towards her and held her shoulders to face him.

“Hey, who has been bothering you? Are you hurt somewhere?” Yoochun asked her immediately.

Boa just chuckled on his reaction. “No, you silly. I think you forgot it again for the third time.”

Yoochun was somehow confused by what she said. “Forgot what? It isn’t your birthday yet.” Then he scratches his head as he tries to remember what she’s talking about.

“Oh My God. I’m so sorry. I forgot about it again.” he apologized as he put a hand on his face in disbelief.

“Tss. As if. You keep forgetting it every year.” She said while pouting.

“Sorry. Really. It’s just that we’ve been too busy. Smile now, okay?” he replied while pinching both of his cheeks. “Happy three years of friendship, my bestie Kwon Boa.”

Boa also pinched his cheeks. “Park Yoochun, you’re so forgetful. Sometimes I wonder why you became my best friend among all the people in the world.”

They both let go and laughed as they noticed the redness of their cheeks.

“Oh yeah.” She opened her bag and gets something. “Here.” She said and handed it to him.

“What’s this?” it was a small box with a ribbon tied on it. Yoochun just opened it carefully.

“A ring? Are you proposing to marry me, Boa?”

Boa made a face from his reaction.

“Yah! What are you thinking? Not all rings signify proposals you know. Just give it back if you don’t want it.” Then she attempts to get it from him.

“No! No return, no exchange! Hahaha!” He said while putting it on his pinky finger and showed it to her. He pats her head and smiled.

“Oh, yeah, how’s it going with Jaejoong?”

“Well, we’re practicing a lot since last week.”

“That’s good. Me too. Yeonhee and I are practicing the piano pieces we’re gonna play.” Then Yoochun suddenly chuckled which made Boa curious.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Oh..hahaha… nothing really. I just remembered something.”

And Boa got the idea on what he is laughing about. “Screw you, Park Yoochun. Don’t bring that topic again or I’ll hate you for the rest of my life!”

“Hahaha. Don’t worry. It was like 8 months ago when you have a crush on Jaejoong, right?”

“SHHH! Ahhh! Stop it already!” she covered her ears in irritation. Yoochun was always teasing her when they talk like that.

“Hahahahhaha!!! You should see your reaction!” he said while laughing so hard.

“YAHH!!!” Then he ran as she chased him across the field.”FYI! It was just a like as a friend! I was just amazed because he’s so talented and has good looks too!” she said under her breath as she ran.

Yoochun slowed down and finally stopped running. Without notice, Boa accidentally bumped into him and they fell onto the ground. O.O

“Aaaahhhhh!!” Boa said when she was already in the state of falling.

“Waaah! My back hurts!” Yoochun screams in pain.

“Sorry. I wasn’t being careful again.” She replied to him.

Then they both realized the situation they were in. She was on top of him and they were just looking at each other like they were the only people present in the campus.



He just smiled and held her right cheek. “It’s alright.”

 

Boa noticed that it was really awkward. She immediately sits up on the field and looked the other way. Yoochun just followed and sits beside her.

“Uhm, about what you said earlier…” he paused. “Whom do you like then?”

She looked at him in confusion. His expression and tone sounds so serious, and she wasn’t used to it.

“Yah, why are you serious all of a sudden?”

“I’m just making sure that I’m the only best friend you had. Maybe you’re already betraying me because of some guy you met who’s better than me, huh?” he said while pouting and looking at her.

“Geez! You’re at it again.”

He suddenly pinched her cheeks. “Why are you so cute when you’re mad?”

“Oh, please. Stop it!”

With that, Yoochun continues to again.

---------------------------------------------


It was already 7 pm when the boys left Jaejoong’s house.

Donghae decided to stay for a while in Jaejoong’s house. Taegoon and Yo Seob bid goodbye and left together.

Donghae and Jaejoong both sit across each other for a while on the sofa after they changed their clothes.

“Phew! Really, the game we had earlier was really fun. Too bad Yoochun wasn’t around.” Donghae exclaimed.

“Yeah, I agree with that. Hehehe.” Jaejoong replied to him. “So, how are you and Yoona?”

“Well, we’re getting stronger of course.” then Donghae noticed something. “Hey, why’d you suddenly asked about us?”

“Hmm, nothing. You’re thinking too much.” He replied while shaking his head.

“Hey, hey, hey, don’t tell me the great Kim Jaejoong is having problems with girls?” Donghae asked with a fascinating tone.

“I can’t call it a problem, really. I’m just curious with something.”

“Oh, man. There you go again.” Donghae exclaimed. “Tell me, who is it this time?”

“It’s…a secret.” He replied and chuckled.

“Awww, not fair!”

“Haha. Don’t worry, Donghae, I’ll tell you about it sometime.”