Chapter 20

Hot and Cold

DBSK - Promise

On the next two weeks, the most awaited prom night will be celebrated. The boys and also the girls are currently deciding and finding their partners.

Hara was just sitting down on his chair when the teacher suddenly came in. They greeted her first before taking their seats.

Class, I have some good news and bad news.

By the teachers words, everyone began to whisper.

What now? Hara uttered to herself.

The bad news is the prom will be cancelled.

EHH?!! Students responded.

But weve already prepared for it!

Besides, it will be our last prom in high school!

This is my last chance for Jaejoong!

I need to dance with Taegoon-sshi on this prom!

Then noise took over the whole class. Sure, it was a big event THAT has just been cancelled.

Cancelled?! Why? Hara said to herself and wondered. Wait, whats the good news? Gosh, so noisy!

Calm down, everyone. I havent announced the good news yet. With that, everyone quiet down and listened to her carefully. It was cancelled because it has been moved. Since it is a very special event on your year level, the principal decided that it would be held on a beach resort. Of course, you will be on your best summer clothes. Preparations are still ongoing but it is said to be a month from now. Just keep track on some announcements.

OHHH~~ everyone responded in amazement.

Wow. Thats amazing. Hara commented.

Really? Thats great. Yeonhee said with a smile.

On the other hand, Jaejoong was overwhelmed by the words of one of her classmates a while ago. He just flashed his killer smile to her which made her faint. Well, that was expected to happen for him.

But even so, hes worried with Yeonhee. They never spoke to each other after that incident when they visited Yoochun in the hospital. She never even mentioned the reason why she cried at that time. Its making him confused. But he just wondered why he keeps on thinking things related to her.  And unlike the first weeks of classes, he noticed something different.

Yoochun was discharged from the hospital this morning and will be attending classes again starting tomorrow. He just gave Boa a call when he already reached home.

Students were dismissed after that. Hara was done packing her things and went out of the classroom. Then she saw Taegoon with Yuri. Theyre probably going to the dance room she thought.

You alright? someone asked her from behind. She turned her head and noticed that it was Boa.

Ah, yeah. She replied hesitantly.

You like him? she asked straightforwardly which made her look at her in surprise.

Bwoh? How can you say that?

Haha. To tell you honestly, my sister likes him but I just dont know with him. Boa told her. Well, Hara just witnessed Yuris confession to him but she got rejected in the end. Of course, she cant tell Boa those things.

Oh, Im not surprised to hear that. She replied calmly.

But you know, she can be wicked sometimes especially towards things like that. If you know what I mean.

Hara began to wonder. Did she say that just because she knows her sister too well? Or is she pertaining to something where Hara himself and Yeonhee are in?

Well, you better be clear on your feelings. See ya.

With that, she left.

Feelings?? O.O Hara thought.

Wai—“ She didnt have the chance to talk to her anymore because she ran away.

I thought it was only Yoseob, now also Boa. She sighed while walking. Fine. I do like him but only a tiny bit. Even though hes bipolar sometimes, I still admire his cool image. What the heck am I blabbering for?? Besides, these so called feelings’ are so complicated to start with.

She stopped talking to herself and kept walking. She noticed a familiar figure approaching towards her.

Hara-sshi. It was eventually Minho.

Haras body stiffened. She doesnt expect him to appear this time.

Sorry if Im already irritating but I just want us to be friends at least. Its the only way I know to make up to you. He said sincerely to her.

Hara wasnt sure if its the right time but she thought that maybe its time that she learns to forgive and forget and start over as friends again. Its not a bad thing that way, she thought.

She finally showed him a smile and offered her hand for a handshake.

Minho was enlightened by her response as he reaches out to shake her hand.

Thank you, finally. Yuris right. I should be sincere and it worked!’ Minho thought happily.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------


Really? You forgive him? Yeonhee asked the day after. They were in the classroom waiting for their teacher to come in.

Yeah. Ive been thinking that its the right time to forget what happened in the past and start again as friends. Hara responded.

Thats nice to hear then. But I hope becoming friends with him wont cause you problems or else hell taste Lee Yeonhees SUPER PUNCH!! Yeonhee warned which made Hara chuckle.

Later on, their class started as the teacher went in.

The day went on smoothly until they were finally dismissed.

Taegoon was about to go out from the classroom when Yuri called him. He halted on his steps and turned to face her.

Uhm, I know its still too early. But I was wondering if you already have a partner for the prom. Yuri said hesitantly.

He just looked at her blankly. Awkwardness was what he felt that time between them. Though shes a good friend to him but that confession she really made a difference.

No, havent thought of it yet. He finally answered which made her happy but a bit disappointed since hes a very passive person when it comes to these kinds of events.

Oh, uhm, really? Uh, can you be my partner for prom? she asked stuttering with her words.

Taegoon somehow appreciated her effort on asking him. Okay. Ill be going now. he responded shortly and walked out.

Yuri felt happy by his response. She never expected him to go with her during prom. Finally, her chance to be with him came. Her plans finally worked out.


----------------------------------------------------------------


Hara! Quit it! Stop thinking about that guy! Hara complained in her room. She has been rolling on his bed ever since she got home from school. And why do I have to witness that? she said and go on rolling again. My head hurts already!

Unexpectedly, she witnessed Yuri approaching Taegoon and asked him to be her partner which he eventually agreed on. And she cant understand herself right now.

She just stopped when someone knocked on her door. She immediately stood up and opened it. Yeonhee! she yelled and hugged her.

Hey, are you alright? Youre hair is messy. And you havent changed your uniforms yet.

Help me! I think Im gonna be crazy thinking! she said.

Hara, calm down. Yeonhee said as she looked at her face to face. Whats the problem?

They went to sit on Haras bed.

I cant really determine my feelings. Hara finally said calmly.

Feelings? Do you like someone? Yeonhee wondered.

I think so. But I really dont know. She replied while lying on bed again. And it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Should I call a psychiatrist right now or can this be confirmed right now?

She sits up on the bed and faced Yeonhee.

No! Im not yet crazy! I want to confirm it right now! And I want you to help me.

Okay. Fine. Just calm down first before we start confirming your confused mind, araso? Yeonhee said to her.

Alright. Hara obeyed immediately to her friends request.

After 10 minutes, Hara calmed down and they both lie down on bed.

So, why are you confused? Yeonhee started.

People keep asking me and telling me that I have feelings for him. I find it to be true though but I dont like him that muchor not. Hara answered.

OOkkaayy. What do you feel when a girl goes near him?

Speaking of which, a girl asked him to be her partner during prom and he eventually agreed to it. And I witnessed it forehand. I was just about to go out from the classroom when I saw it.

Uhm, does he treat you well?

Uh, yeah. But sometimes he becomes bipolar. Hell be kind and nice right now. Later on hell be cold and scolds you. Besides, hes really stubborn and grumpy.

What do you usually feel if he treats you well?

I naturally feel surprised towards his attitude. But every time he treats me nicely, I feel secured and thankful that he treats me that way.

Hmmm, whos that person by the way?

Kim Taegoon.

Oh, Kim What?! Yeonhee turned to face her with a surprised look.

Taegoon. Hara said calmly. Wait a minute, why are you shouting? I thought we should stay calm here.

Who wouldnt be calm if I hear that my best friend likes the school cutie and dancer Kim Taegoon? Yeonhee lower down her voice a bit.

Geez, no need to describe him like that. Hara scoffed.

Hahaha. Right. Everyone considers that a fact. So I dont need to deny that. Unlike others, who keeps on denying.

Hara glared at Yeonhee when she noticed that she was like pertaining to her. Yah! Im not denying!

Then what are you confused about if youre not denying? Hm?

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hara responded with poke.

Well, at least right now, your feelings are already clear. The only thing left to know is if he feels the same way as you do.

Hara sighed deeply on the thought of it. She doesnt want to think of such things right now.

Stop! Dont want to think of it right now. Hara said as she put a pillow on her face.


----------------------------------------------------------


Jae, please tell me about it right now. I cant sleep. Donghae said.

What? Just because of that? Jaejoong chuckled by his cousins words.

Yeah, seriously. My curiosity keeps bugging me.

Hahaha. Youre funny Donghae. Okay, Ill tell you. Just dont be too noisy, okay?

With that, he told Donghae about his plans.

Really?! Are you sure you can do that? Donghae said in disbelief.

Hey, when was the time I failed on something I want to do? Jaejoong responded confidently.

Fine. Just be careful along your way. Donghae said.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Chung Lim - Chewed Gum

Dongsaeng! Eugene said as she went to hug Taegoon. On the other hand, he didnt expect her to come home.

Oh, Noona. Why didnt you say that youll come home today? he asked her as she broke the hug.

Arent you used to it? I usually go home without anyone knowing. She said with two hands on her waist.

Ah, yeah. Right. I forgot. Youre like a ghost appearing all of a sudden. He teased while grinning.

Hahaha. Since when did you strart teasing people huh?

He just kept quiet and sat on the sofa and continued on watching TV.

Then they heard a door open in one of the rooms. Someone went out and walked towards the living room.

Hyung, why is it so noisy? Yoseob whined while rubbing his eyes. He noticed another image beside Taegoon and his eyes widen. Eugene noona?

Yah, why are you so buffering?” Eugene commented and went towards him to hug him too.

Sorry, I just woke up from sleep…hehehe. Yoseob hugged her back.

Then they went to sit on the sofa next to Taegoon.

Oh yeah, prom is approaching, right? Whos your partner? Eugene asked.

Our prom is cancelled. But our teacher said that it will be a month from now. The venue will be on the beach. Taegoon answered as he turned off the TV.

Oh, really? Thats good. But have you asked someone already? she asked again.

Someone asked me already. He said typically.

Someone asked you? Who? Hara-sshi? Yoseob blurted out.

Taegoon glared at him. No. Yuri asked me.

Why do girls make the move first nowadays? Eugene asked.

Its because guys nowadays are very picky towards girls. Yoseob answered.

Right! And they end up with the girl they dont like if thats the case. Eugene added.

Taegoon felt weird by the words that they said and went to his room instead. He locked the door and listen to some songs on his computer as he lie down on bed.

Noona, Yoseob, why do you always have collaboration of minds? And... youre always hitting me with it?


----------------------------------------------------------


Bestie, are you on your period today? Yoochun asked Boa. She was glaring at him that time.

Fortunately, no. But Im on a period every time Im disturbed from my work. So can you leave me for a while and just come back another time? Boa was about to close the gate of their house when Yoochun stopped her.

I promise I wont disturb you. Im all alone in our house so I came here. You know that my house is far from here and the price of gasoline is really expensive. He reasoned out while pouting.

So? You want me to pay for it? Boa asked while crossing her arms.

No, thats not what I meant. Its really boring at home. Can I stay here for a while? Please? Yoochun do his puppy dog eyes to convince her.

She just scoffed and started to walk in their house. Fine. Whatever.

Yay! he went in happily and followed her.

He just stopped when she suddenly faced him. But dont dare to disturb me, araso?

Yes maam. He said and salutes to her. He followed her again into her house. They went to the living room where Boas laptop was placed. She resumed on what shes doing while Yoochun just sits across her.

What are you doing? he asked.

Im writing a story. She said while typing something.

Ohh, really? Since when?

Since a month ago. I just havent finished it yet.

Yoochun stood up and sits beside her. He was looking at the screen of her laptop.

Whats the plot by the way? Maybe I can help.

She looked at him for a while and looked at her laptop again.

Its about a guy-girl best friend relationship since childhood. The girl is in love with the other but the guy likes someone else.

Yoochun paused when he heard the plot. The situation is somewhat similar. Boa and him are best friends but not since childhood. And

Dont you think the situation is sort of sad? Yoochun commented.

Boa looked at him. It is sad but thats the way the story goes.

So will the love of the girl be returned back to her?

Maybe yes. Maybe not. It all depends on me.

Give the two of them a chance to be together. He said with a serious tone.

Boa noticed the change of the tone of his voice so she turned to his direction.

Why are you so serious? she asked curiously.

Nothing. I just imagined myself in her situation. He said while looking at her.

Huh? Why?















Because I love you..

Boa was stiffened by his words. Yoochun, I—“
 

You know that Ive courted you before. I just didnt expect us to be close friends and eventually became best friends. I thought my feelings for you would fade as time pass. But I doubt it hasnt until now. And I havent heard your answer.

Yoochun noticed that it was already an awkward moment between them. He didnt expect this time would come. He knows within himself that because of what he did today, their friendship will change or eventually be ruined.

Im sorry if I said those things right now. Ill just leave. With that, he immediately left her house and drove home.

Boa cried after he left. Yoochun, I should be the one whos sorry.


-------------------------------------------------------------


Youll end up with the person you dont like.

You’ll end up with the person you dont like.”

Youll end up with the person you dont like.

YOULL END UP WITH THE PERSON YOU DONT LIKE!



AAAHH!!! Taegoon woke up with sweat all over his face and body. What the hell was that?

He stood up and went to the bathroom and washed his face. When he looked at the mirror there were words imprinted on it.

It says: YOULL END UP WITH THE PERSON YOU DONT LIKE!

He was frightened and washed his face again. Okay, thats just your imagination.

When he looked at the mirror again, he was relieved when there were no words imprinted on it.

Should I AISH! I dont care anymore!


After class, Taegoon packed his things and went to search for her. He went out of the room but she was nowhere.

Wheres that girl this time?

He searched for Hara near the entrance of the school and he found her with a guy.

Yah! Confident girl! he ran towards her.

Hara recognized that it was Taegoon whos calling her so she stopped and looked back. He was panting when he reached her.

Ineed to talk to you. He said in between breaths. He looked at Minho who was looking at him.

H-huh? About what? Hara replied hesitantly.

Ill borrow her just now. Taegoon was about to grab her hand when a car arrived. It pretty much looks familiar to him.

The car stopped as a person came out.

Oh, Hyung. Minho said as he waved at the guy coming out of the car.

The guy went towards Minho as he noticed Taegoon.

Taegoon-sshi. The guy said.

Siwon, so youre fetching your brother huh? Taegoon said typically.

Uh, yeah. It’s good to see you again. Siwon responded.

Lets go. Taegoon said as he grabbed Haras hand and walked away from them.

Hara didnt expect that Minho, who was her ex boyfriend, and Siwon, who used to be Taegoons best friend but betrayed him, are siblings. She cant seem to absorb that fact. During the time when Minho and her were still together, he did mention to her that he had a brother but she havent had the chance to meet him. Only now, when things were getting much different.

They stopped in front of their classroom. Students already went home so it was only the two of them.

Do you still love him? he suddenly asked. He was just facing the window while she was at his back.

Uhm, no. I dont love him anymore. She responded shortly. Im sorry a while ago. I didnt expect Minho and your best friend to be siblings.

Its alright. I didnt expect to see him again this time. He responded and turned to face her. Can I ask you something?

She looked at him in curiosity. What is it?


































Can I like you?

O.O