Chapter 25

Hot and Cold

 

During the dance before BEAST’s performance…

 

 

Junsu and Boa were at the center dancing like everyone else. Boa saw Jaejoong going towards Yeonhee and her fiancé.

 

“Uhm, mind if I dance with her?” she heard what Jaejoong said.

 

“Hyung is going for it.” Junsu commented which made Boa look at him. “I guess I’ll just dance with Yeonhee later..hihihi.” he said with a smirk.

 

Later on, Junsu and Boa went back to their seats. Boa was about to sit down when she noticed a familiar figure she’d been looking for leaning against the wall near the staircase.

 

He was just watching the people on the center. Not for long, he went down the staircase which made him disappear from her sight. She immediately ran after and followed him.

 

She was following him intently. He turned to the right as she continues to follow him. But then, he was looking towards her direction when she turned right.

 

“Are you following me?” he asked typically while leaning against the wall. His gaze made her nervous.

 

Boa straightened up and cleared . “I want to talk to you.” She finally said.

 

He stared at her blankly and walked to the direction where the swimming pools are. “What do you want to talk about?”

 

She followed behind intently. “Yoochun-ah… “she uttered as they reached the pool area. No other students were there since they were all dancing.

 

“I didn’t know that you were that serious of me. You knew that most of the guys I was with were just making fun of me. So I’m really sorry if I caused you pain.”

 

There was a moment of silence after she said those things to him. He was just staring blankly on the pool while the both of them stood beside each other with a distance.

 

Boa is starting to think on what to do. It’s becoming more awkward for the two of them. And Yoochun seems to ignore her presence.

 

But then…he suddenly grabbed her hand as the both of them jumped in the pool.

 

She was in shock by his actions plus she was starting to feel cold. Good thing the water is just up to her chest.

 

“ARE YOU ON YOUR SANE MIND?!!” she yelled at him. “*ACHOOH!*”

 

Yoochun, who was on the side, was staring at her with his hands wrapped around him.

 

“The tension was just unbearable. I’m just making things cool down.” He said typically which made her more intimidated.

 

“RIGHT! You’re just too unbearable yourself! Aish!” she exclaimed as she went near him and splashed him some water.

 

“There you go again. I…just can’t believe I’m in love with someone like you.”

 

That statement made her feel nervous once again. She’s even avoiding eye contact.

 

“Answer me. Do you love me or not?”

 

She was alarmed by his question. This time both of them are staring at each other.

 

“I guess so…” she answered bluntly and pouted after. She’s too embarrassed to answer him.

 

“What?” he commented and walked towards her.

 

“I-I…h-have…” she was stuttering and noticed him walking towards her. Plus the cold water was making her stutter even more.

 

“Stop moving away from me or it’ll get colder.” He said and grabbed her arms towards him. But it felt like a hug. Her head was even on his chest and she can feel his heartbeat. 

 

“So do you love me or not?”

 

Boa smiled secretly. “You’re too warm Yoochun-ah. And I’ll be lying to myself again if I say no.”

 

He hugged her tight and made a huge grin. “Is that really true? I’m not dreaming, right?”

 

She broke his hug and looked at him straight in the eyes. “You’re not dreaming.” She said and kissed him on the lips. It was just for a short while but the both of them felt embarrassed.

 

“Let’s get out of here before we catch a cold.” Yoochun finally said and held her hand.

 

“It’s your fault why we ended up getting soaked. Hmph.” Boa replied with a pout with her other hand warming up her shoulder.

 

“Well…it was worth the try.” He said with a smirk.

 

“What? So you really intended to do that?”

 

“It’s because you were hesitating a while ago. And I knew that you are not used to confrontations.” He said as they finally got out of the pool. “It was like you were almost gonna cry.”

 

Boa stayed quiet. She never knew he’s this sensitive.

 

“Chunnie-ah is so emotional. I’m just thankful that I’m not gonna lose you. Let’s just get changed.” She replied with a reassuring smile.

 

Then, the both of them get themselves changed.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

It was a sunny morning when Ayumi woke up.

 

“Damn sun!” she exclaimed as she covered her face with a pillow. 

 

“Unnie! Unnie!” her younger sister knocked on her door.

 

She was forced to wake up. “AISh.” She walked towards her door and opened it. “What?!”

 

“I heard that Jaejoong’s gonna go to Australia after graduation.”

 

Ayumi turned her back from her sister. “Yeah. I know that Tiffany. Don’t remind me about that.”

 

“If you’re planning something again, don’t do it.” Tiffany warned her.

 

Ayumi’s brows crossed as she glared at her. “I’m older than you so you don’t have the right to warn me like that. Besides if I’m planning anything, that’s to prevent Jaejoong from going out of the country.”

 

“Unnie! Please! Why are you doing this?”

 

“Two years ago, my happiness was taken away and that ruined me inside. This time, I will do anything to seek that happiness I’ve been longing for even though there are people who’ll get hurt on what I’ll do.” Ayumi blurted out and made a fist on her side.

 

“Tiffany, can you give me a moment to be alone?”

 

Tiffany then left the room and closed the door gently. ‘Unnie, I hope you’ll be away from harm on what you’re planning to do. I know even Jaejoong oppa can’t do anything with it. I just hope… he was still here to bring your old self back.’ She thought.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

CN Blue - Intuition

 

 Four days after at Yoochun’s residence….

 

“CHEERS~!!” Yoochun said happily as the others also made a toast. There was a pre-graduation party held in their house and all his batchmates were invited.

 

“Let’s enjoy the night but don’t get too hyper, okay? We still have a graduation to attend tomorrow.” He finally said and went back to their table.

 

“Really, I can’t believe you hosted such party dude.” Donghae commented.

 

“My parents insisted so I can’t do anything.” Yoochun replied as he took a sip of lemon juice.

 

“This would be the last time we’ll get to interact with our friends in high school you know. We’ll go to different universities after our graduation. Who knows if we’ll still see each other in the future?” Jaejoong suddenly blurted out and it just reminded them that he’s leaving for Australia the day ater tomorrow.

 

“Damn Jae. Don’t ruin the party, okay?” Taegoon patted his right shoulder.

 

“Yeah. Let’s just enjoy the night and put our worries away just this time. Haha!” Yoochun stood up and grabbed Boa’s hand. “Come on. Let’s dance guys!”

 

After that, they all went near the DJ’s area and danced. A number of their classmates were also there with them.

 

 

After the party…

 

“Phew! That was really fun.” Yoochun sat on the sofa and leaned on his back panting. Boa took a seat across him. Then he suddenly went to sit beside her and lay his head on her lap.

 

“Hey. What are you thinking?” he asked as she looked at him and traced her hand on his cheek.

Boa just shook her head to answer no.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked again.

 

She shook her head again and pointed towards .

 

“Why? What’s with your throat, hon?”

 

She tried to speak but she can’t.

 

“Ohhh… You have soar throat. I’m having this thinking that maybe that’s the result of making me wait for you for a long time.” He said jokingly and she suddenly glared at him. She pushed him aside angrily.

 

“H-Hey wait. I’m just kidding.” He chuckled as she stopped pushing him. Yoochun made her lean on his shoulder as his hand held her waist. “You should be the one resting. It’s a big day for us tomorrow. I’ll just send you home.”

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

Jaejoong was driving Yeonhee home that time. Time flies so fast and they’re going to graduate tomorrow. And that means Jaejoong’s flight is getting near too.

 

They arrived in front of her house in a few minutes as Jaejoong stopped the car.

 

“Thanks.” She said while smiling to him then opened the car’s door to leave. But Jaejoong suddenly grabs her hand.

 

Yeonhee looked at him and wondered while he looked at her with a serious expression.

 

“Can you stay a little longer?” he finally said.

 

“Uhm, okay.” She shut the door again as she felt his grip getting tighter. She looked at him in worry. “Jaejoong ah…”

 

“I’m sorry if I can’t manage to stay here with you for a longer time.” Jaejoong said in a sad tone. “I wanted to make countless memories with you but I guess I have a time limit in doing that.” He chuckled.

 

Yeonhee smiled and embraced him. “What are you blabbering about? We already made a lot you just didn’t notice it.” Then she broke the hug and looked at him with a smile.

 

Jaejoong sighed deeply when he saw her expression. ‘I’m gonna miss that smile.’ He thought.

 

He held her cheek and gave her a peck on the lips. “Good night aegya. Sleep well.”

 

 

. . . .  . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . .

 

 

IF YOU WANT A PRETTY, EVER WANNA PRETTY
Andoendaneun mameun~

 

 

“Hello.” Hara answered immediately while rubbing her eyes.

 

“Did I disturb you?” She quickly cleared upon knowing who it was.

 

“Not at all. But why are you calling this late? We’re supposed to sleep early for the BIG day tomorrow.” She said excitingly.

 

“You see…I can’t sleep just yet. So I was thinking of hearing your voice before I doze off.” Taegoon blurted out.

 

Hara was surprised by his words. Well, she had been always like this but it’s different this time. She can even feel his face heating up.

 

“Do you usually say those cheesy lines Taegoon-ah?” she asked trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

“Why? Are you already blushing because of that?” he smirked.

 

“Y-Yah! This guy really. You’re just sleepy and maybe your brain isn’t functioning well right now.” She said as she went to bed and lay down.

 

“I’m being lame I know. But it’s because of you that I’m acting strange lately.”

 

Hara felt flattered by his words. “Yah…” she can feel her heart beating fast. “We better sleep now. It’s already late.”

 

“I know. Good night. I love you.”

 

It took her a while to absorb what he just said. Well, she’s not used to it yet. “Hmmm, I love you too. Good night.”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

GRADUATION DAY…

 

“I now declare you all as Graduates of Seoul High School.”

 

As soon as the principal said those words, everyone tossed their graduation hats and cheered in merriment. You can see the proud faces of each student’s parents.

 

(^_______^)

 

 

. . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

That night, after the short celebration, Jaejoong continued to pack his things for tomorrow. He just needed to check if everything is there.

 

Then he called someone. “It’s me. Can we talk?”

 

They met in a coffee shop that night. Jaejoong arrived first and waited for a while.

 

“Hey man.” Someone greeted him.

 

“Oh AJ… take a seat.” He did as told and took a seat across him.

 

“Please do me a favor.” Jaejoong bluntly said.

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“Treat her right.” Jaejoong said in a serious tone. “Make her happy and never hurt her.”

 

“Dude, don’t worry I’ll remember that. The truth is… I would have been married a long time ago with the girl I like but then fate wasn’t that good to us. Trust me, I won’t hurt her.” AJ said frankly to him

 

“Thanks man.” Jaejoong smiled and offered for a handshake and AJ gladly accepted it.

 

“Sir, here’s your order.” The waitress handed two coffees on their table.

 

“Thanks.” AJ said and looked at her. She somewhat looked familiar to him but can’t seem to remember so he just ignored it. The waitress immediately went back to the counter.

 

Then Jaejoong started to talk about what Yeonhee likes or dislikes.

 

Few minutes later, both of them decided to leave since it’s already late.

 

“Jae, I’ll pay.” AJ said and went to the counter immediately.

 

“Oh… it’s supposed to be my treat.” Jaejoong uttered under his breath and just scratched his head in frustration. “Well, do as you wish then.”

 

AJ reached for his wallet and paid for the two coffees.

 

The lady at the counter was the waitress who handed them the coffee earlier. “Sir, can I ask for your name.”

 

“Lee Gikwang, Miss.”

 

She entered the name and immediately handed him the receipt. “Thank you for coming.”

 

After that, Jaejoong and AJ left the coffee shop.

 

‘Lee Gikwang…I knew I heard that before.’ The waitress thought.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Unnie! Please!” Tiffany blurted out to Ayumi.

 

“Please don’t make me hate you Tiff. Let me go!” Ayumi looked at him fiercely and signaled her to let go of her arm. “NOW!” she finally shouted and Tiffany immediately let go.

 

Ayumi continued to apply make up while her younger sister just remained quiet behind her.

 

“Unnie… I saw a familiar guy yesterday while I was working.”

 

“Hm?” Ayumi asked typically while fixing her hair in front of the mirror.

 

“I’m just not sure… but didn’t you introduce to me someone named Lee Gikwang?”

 

Ayumi halted from what she was doing and turned to look at her. “Seriously Tiff, this is my last warning. There’s no way you can see a guy who’s already long gone.”

 

“Except if that guy came back, right?”

 

Both of them stared at each other silently for a few seconds. Then Ayumi sighed deeply.

 

“Okay. That’s it. I’m going.” Ayumi walked past her.

 

“I saw him with Jaejoong yesterday, unnie.” Tiffany finally said.

 

“Tiff, that’s not a good joke anymore.”

 

“But it’s true. I saw it with my own eyes.”

 

“You saw him with Jaejoong you say?” she thought for a while.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Tiff, come with me at the airport.”

 

 

. . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

At the airport…

 

Jaejoong was still waiting for the call. He’s currently taking a seat with his glasses on.

 

‘I guess this is really it.’ He thought.

 

Few minutes after, Hara, Taegoon, Yoochun, Boa, and Yeonhee arrived at the airport.

 

“Jae!” Yoochun called him.

 

He stood up and greeted them with a smile. “I thought you guys would never come.”

 

“Why wouldn’t we? Only God knows when we’ll be able to see you again.” Taegoon replied while holding Jaejoong’s right shoulder.

 

Jaejoong smiled forcibly and shifted his gaze to Yeonhee. “Hey. Be a good girl alright?”

 

“Seriously…you should be the one who should behave there. Hmph.” Yeonhee pouted and crossed her arms.

 

He held her cheeks and smiled then kissed her forehead. “I love you. Wherever I am, remember that.”

 

 

 

Meanwhile at the entrance of the airport…

 

Ayumi and Tiffany arrived at the airport and were about to go in the waiting area. Right then, Tiffany saw the familiar guy she saw yesterday at the coffee shop going in a hurry ahead of them.

 

“Unnie~! That’s him!” Tiffany exclaimed while pointing at him going in.

 

Ayumi eyed him as he went in and they just followed behind. She was walking in a fast pace but they’re just distant from him.

 

Then they saw Jaejoong with the others and the guy was heading towards them.

 

“Hey~! Did I miss anything here?” he said as he held Yeonhee’s shoulders.

 

Ayumi stopped walking two meters away from them as she covered with her hand in disbelief.

 

“Unnie.” Tiffany called for her.

 

Jaejoong noticed two people few steps away behind AJ. “Ayumi?”

 

The others turned their faces to her. Taegoon wasn’t expecting to see Tiffany. Hara looked him and he just smiled in reassurance.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yoochun finally asked.

 

Ayumi wasn’t in her senses when Yoochun asked him because she was staring at AJ in disbelief.

 

“Uhm, what’s going on in here? AJ?” Yoochun suddenly asked in confusion as he looked at him then Ayumi.

 

“Ayumi…I’m sorry.” AJ said to her in a sad tone.

 

“I…thought you already died.” She said with teary eyes.

 

“Did your parents tell you that? They sent you away while I was forced to become an heir. And now…they want me to get married…with Yeonhee.”

 

“W-What?! You’re getting married with her? So you were her fiancé after all?”

 

“Yes…” AJ replied as Ayumi’s tears were starting to roll down from her cheeks.

 

“What’s happening here? I don’t understand.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

“Ayumi and I…are past lovers.” AJ finally said which made their eyes widen in surprise.