Chapter 26

Hot and Cold

 

“Ayumi and I…are past lovers.”

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

. . . . .

 

. . .

 

 

They didn’t expect that kind of revelation that time.

 

“Why is everything so cruel to me?” Ayumi blurted out and knelt in disbelief. Her tears were flowing non-stop.

 

“Ayumi…” Jaejoong walked towards her and knelt at her level. “Don’t blame yourself.”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…why are you so good to me? I treated you and Yeonhee in the past. I don’t deserve this kind of treatment.”

 

“It’s because you also deserve to be happy. But maybe your chance isn’t right now. The right time will come. So…stop crying now, hm?”

 

Ayumi was enlightened by Jaejoong’s words.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…you’ve been so good to me ever since. I think that’s the reason why I came to like you. But then, you and AJ, you deserve to be happy too. I can’t just push what I want since you have the right to choose whom you wanted to be with.”

 

Then she stood up and walked towards Yeonhee and Hara.

 

“I’m really sorry for what I’ve done in the past especially to you, Yeonhee.” She said with sincerity on her tone. “I feel so ashamed that I’ve done those things to you. I hope you can forgive me.”

 

Hara and Yeonhee looked at each other then back at her. “If you’re really sincere with your words then we accept your apology. We’re humans after all. Commiting mistakes are a part of it.”

 

Then the three of them smiled at each other. Jaejoong was so amused that everything was resolved just before he leaves.

 

“Ayumi, you deserve a happy ending too.” Jaejoong blurted out. Then he signaled something to AJ.

 

AJ faced Yeonhee with a guilty expression. “Yeonhee-ah, I’m really sorry. I should have said this before but Jaejoong and I are…half-brothers.”

 

 

 

Yeonhee and Ayumi -> O.O

 

 

 

“What the?! Jae, you didn’t mention that to us.” Yoochun blurted out.

 

Only Taegoon knew about it in a while since Jaejoong told him about it in the past.

 

“Well, who would have thought?” Boa smirked and shook her head.

 

 

 

 

“Final call for Korean airlines, Flight 287 to Australia via Korea…”

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll be going now guys. It’s a good thing things were resolved before I leave.” Then he coughed a bit.

 

“Jae…” Yeonhee went towards him. “…are you okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah I’m fine. Bye Yeonhee. Bye guys. I’ll call you up when I get there.” He hugged her for the last time and left them.

 

Few minutes after his plane set off, Ayumi and Tiffany bid goodbye to them.

 

“We’ll be leaving first.” Ayumi bowed to them.

 

“So…what are you planning to do now unnie?”  Tiffany asked her.

 

“I guess I’ll be going back to Japan to continue my career as a singer.”

 

“Good luck with that.” Yoochun said to her before they finally left.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby

 

 

That night, AJ and Yeonhee went to the sky tram. Hara and Taegoon mentioned about it so the both of them went to try it out.

 

“Wow. The city is so beautiful.” Yeonhee exclaimed.

 

AJ just smiled with her reaction as they looked at the view together.

 

“I’m sorry if we didn’t tell you guys that we’re half brothers. Jaejoong’s the one who insists on not mentioning about it.”

 

“That’s okay but I want to know why you didn’t tell us.” Yeonhee responded and faced him.

 

“But first…what reason did he tell you on why he’s going to Australia?”

 

“Hmmmm, he said her mother wants her to study in a University there and to introduce him to his fiancée.”

 

AJ just nodded and looked at the view again. “Well, it is partly true.”

 

She looked at him with a confused expression. “Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“Our family has a big restaurant in Australia. One of the reasons mom called him there is to be one of the cooks in the restaurant. And fortunately, he passed the scholarship exam in a famous culinary school in Australia.”

 

Yeonhee can’t believe on what she just heard. It’s like Jaejoong will be in Australia’s MasterChef kitchen.

 

“WOW. Is that really true? He didn’t mention a thing about that to me.”

 

“He doesn’t know that he passed yet. Mom just told me on the phone last night.” AJ said while laughing while looking at her.

 

“Uhm, Yeonhee-sshi. I know you and Jaejoong love each other. And you know with our current situation that we’re gonna get married soon.” He was having second thoughts if he’s gonna speak it out or not and he can see Yeonhee’s waiting for him to continue.

 

“It’s because I want to…properly ask you out for dinner tomorrow. ”

 

‘What was that AJ?! You sound like a total freak. Pfft.’ He thought while hitting his head.

 

“W-Well, that is if it’s okay with you and you’re not busy.”

 

Yeonhee was surprised at first but later on smiled at him and held his hand. “What are you stuttering about? Of course, I would love to.”

 

“Really? You’re not kidding me, right?” He replied with a tone of disbelief.

 

“Jaejoong and I promised to each other that we’ll be good to our partners. And also it would be better if we get to know each other more, don’t you think?”

 

AJ let out an excited laugh and nodded. “Y-Yeah. That would be great.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Two years after…

 

 

 

 

“Boa hurry up or we’ll be late!” Hara exclaimed as she passed by the door.

 

“I am hurrying up.” Boa said as she did finishing touches on her hair and makeup. She finally went downstairs and saw Hara, Yuri, Yoona, and Eugene.

 

“What took you so long, my dear?” Eugene asked her as they went in the car.

 

“I just don’t know what to do with my hair. So I ended up tying it in a bun and putting a white ribbon surrounding it, unnie.”

 

“You look good don’t worry. I just hope we’re not late yet.”

 

Eugene was the one driving that time so she drove fast.

 

They finally arrived on the said place that was written in the invitation. It was in a beach resort and only chosen people are invited.

 

The setting :)

 

The rest of the guys were already there before the girls did.

 

“Noona! Finally you’re here.” Yoseob exclaimed as they saw them coming.

 

“Is everything ready Yoseobie?” she asked.

 

“Yeah. The organizer already set everything perfectly, right guys?”

 

But when he turned to face them, they were already gone and went to their girlfriends.

 

“Hmmm, I’ll take that as a yes.” He pouted and sighed.

 

“Don’t worry. Noona will be your date for now.” Eugene looked around and back to him again. “I didn’t know AJ has pretty cousins.”

 

Yoseob looked on the direction Eugene was facing and saw a girl who caught his attention. She was one of the bridesmaids.

 

“Naaahhhh. They’re not my type.”

 

“Pfft. You’re so choosy, you know.”

 

He smirked and remembered the face of the girl. ‘Maybe I’ll approach her later. Kekeke.’ He thought.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

“Gaaaaahhh. I’m so excited to see the bride.” Hara exclaimed while holding Taegoon’s arm

 

“But how come the groom isn’t here yet?” Boa said and looked back.

 

Then someone wrapped a hand around his waist and spoke near her ear. “Your groom is just here, Minnie.”

 

She was surprised and looked at him. “Gosh. Don’t surprise me like that again. You almost gave me a heart attack. Where have you been anyway?”

 

“AJ called me. He’s on his way. Oh there he is.”

 

The groom arrived with wearing a tuxedo and looked so handsome. While the bride arrived few minutes after with a simple white gown with embroidered gems on the strap at the middle and a hair styled elegantly.

 

The girls’ gowns:   Boa  Hara  Yuri  Yoona  Eugene

 

 

Kim Jaejoong - I'll Protect You piano

 

The wedding ceremony finally started. The groom and bridesmaids marched first together with their partners. Hara went last since she’s the Maid of Honor.

 

Then finally the Yeonhee marched and that made the crowd awe in amazement.

 

The ceremony went on when suddenly Taegoon felt a vibration from his phone and excused himself in a bit.

 

After a while, the exchange of vows and rings took place.

 

Before AJ could say what he wanted to say, the couple was surprised to hear a voice singing instead of the piano piece played earlier.

 

Kim Jaejoong - I'll Protect You

 

They looked at each other then saw a familiar figure standing at the back singing.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…”

 

“So he did come as he said.”

 

After that, the ceremony continued.

 

“You may now kiss the bride.”

 

The crowd clapped for them including the groom’s men and the bridesmaids.

 

“Woooooh!” Donghae cheered.

 

They smiled at each other at first then AJ finally kissed her on the forehead.

 

The wedding reception followed plus the throwing of the bride’s bouquet and getting off the garter from the bride’s upper leg.

 

On the other hand, Yoseob got the garter and the girl who got her attention earlier got the bouquet.

 

Both of them got totally embarrassed when Yoseob inserted the garter on her leg. Everyone teased them so hard during and after it.

 

“Uhm…hi. My name is Yoseob.” He immediately throws a conversation since both of them were not speaking after what happened and offered a handshake.

 

“Kim Yuna.” She said hesitantly withouth having eye contact with him.

 

“Sorry about earlier. You know these ceremonies.” He let out a small laugh.

 

“Ah…Yeah.” Then Yoseob noticed something. He thinks he heard her name before.

 

“You know your name sounds like someone famous. You know the Korean skater who won the recent World Figure Skating competition, don’t you think?” He observed her features for a while and finally noticed.

 

“Or…You can’t be that Kim Yuna I was describing, right?”

 

She looked at her shyly and smiled nervously. “I-I am that Kim Yuna.”

 

His eyes widen in disbelief. “Omo! You’re really pretty in person.”

 

Accidentally, a guest tripped and poured a drink on his suit. “Oh My God.”

 

“I’m so sorry.” The guest apologized.

 

“It’s okay. I can just…change later.”

 

After that, the guest left in a hurry.

 

“Are you okay?” Yuna asked with a concerned tone.

 

“Y-Yeah. I’ll just change later.” He replied as he wiped the wet part of his suit with a handkerchief.

 

Then he felt embarrassed when she was looking at him intently.

 

“Uhm, do I have dirt on my face?”

 

“It’s not like that. It’s just that you also look familiar.” Then she remembered. “You can’t possibly be BEAST’s Yang Yoseob, right?”

 

‘Oh boy.’ He thought.

 

“Yes I am. I’m so honored that you know us, Ms. Yuna.”

 

“I know you just started but I find you guys very talented.” She finally smiled at him which he finds very adorable. “And please no need to be formal since your one of Oppa’s friends. You can call me Yuna.”

 

 Yoseob felt like he was in heaven. ‘Thank God. I think I’m gonna have a lovelife now~! :3’ he thought with sparkling eyes.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

Tiffany went to Yeonhee after eating and gave her something.

 

“Unnie can’t make it to your wedding today so she asked me to give this to you. It’s her first album in Japan and it became a hit. She wrote a personal message inside it.”

 

“Aww. Tell her that I’m thankful and congratulate her for me.”

 

After a few minutes, Yeonhee and AJ were sitting on their table when Jaejoong went to them.

 

“Congratulations.” He uttered with excitement.

 

“Oh Jaejoong.” AJ greeted with a hug.

 

Yeonhee stood up and felt really glad to see him again. “Jaejoong-ah, it’s been a while.”

 

“Yeah.” They both embraced each other and smiled to each other. Then she noticed a lovely lady next to him.

 

“This must be your lovely wife.” AJ came to notice.

 

“Yes. AJ, Yeonhee. This is Ji yeon, my wife.”

 

“Hello. Jaejoong told me lot about you guys. I’m so glad we finally meet.” Ji yeon held Yeonhee’s hands while saying those words with excitement.

 

“Yeah. Same here.  We’re grateful to finally meet my brother’s wife.” AJ commented.

 

Ji yeon just smiled at them. Then AJ felt the need to have a drink.

 

“Jaejoong told me that you most especially like marshmallows with chocolates. I can you to get some. We’ll also get drinks for you guys.”

 

“Oh really? Sure. They’re my favorites. We’ll be back in a bit Jae.”

 

Jaejoong and Yeonhee nodded in return as the both of them left.

 

“So…how have you been? I’m disappointed you didn’t even call or mail me.” Jaejoong uttered and pouted.

 

Yeonhee smirked in disbelief and crossed her arms.


“Well look at this guy. You didn’t communicate with me either. So it’s just fair.”

 

Jaejoong was surprised. “I’m impressed. You’ve really matured. And…you really look gorgeous tonight.”

 

Then slow dance music was played which made the crowd dance in slow pace at the middle.

 

“May I?” he offered his hand to her and she accepted it gladly.

 

“This reminds me of high school.” Yeonhee uttered as the both of them chuckled.

 

“Hey Jaejoong, why do you look so different?” she suddenly asked.

 

“Oh you came to notice? I look more handsome now right?”

 

“But still…you’re conceited as ever. And you change your hair. Now you’re putting wax to it unlike before. I’m impressed. You look so fresh and more attractive that way.”

 

“You know if both of us are still single this time…I’m really gonna take you away and take you to Australia with me.”

 

She hit him playfully on his arm.

 

“Ha! Shut up. I love my husband. AJ’s not a bad guy after all. He’s charming and thoughtful.”

 

“Well of course. Brothers possess the same qualities. And besides, my wife isn’t bad at all. She’s very bright and smart.”

 

“What’s this? Are we bragging about whose partner is better?” Yeonhee looked at him in the eye.

 

“You started it. I just don’t want to lose to you. But really Yeonhee, seriously, I wish the both of you have a happy life with each other and will last a long time in your relationship.”

 

“Same to you. You should invite us to Australia one of these days.”

 

“I will. That is when our house is finished.”

 

Ji Yeon got a lot of marshmallows and chocolates on her plate which made AJ surprised.

 

Yeonhee and Jaejoong still danced with the music while the others went near them with smiles on their faces and danced too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------THE END------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much guys! :D