Chapter 21

Hot and Cold

Jaejoong & Yoochun - Begin

Yeonhee passed by the music room and heard the piano playing. She sneaked a bit at the door and saw that it was Jaejoong. Yoochun was sitting on a chair at the side.

She was surprised when both of them began singing. While listening to them, she was thinking since last night on asking Jaejoong to be her partner during prom. But up until now, she was having second thoughts in doing so.

Aish. She uttered and didnt expect it to be heard by them. They stopped and came to look at her direction.


[STOP MUSIC]

Big Bang - This Love


She was embarrassed that she immediately hid herself. Did he saw me? she said silently and was about to leave when Yoochun appeared in front of her.

Oh, Yeonhee-sshi, you can go inside if you want to watch.” Yoochun said as he walked towards her.

Ah,hehehe. No, I just passed by. Im gonna leave anyway. Bye. She turned around and saw Jaejoong coming out of the other door. Yoochun, who—“  Jaejoong stopped talking when he saw her.

Yeonhee, what are you doing here?

Yeonhee just lowered her head as Jaejoong was looking at her. Yoochun noticed something so he decided to excuse himself.

Uhm, Jae, Ill just be inside, okay? With that, Yoochun went back inside the room.

Jaejoong walked near her and she was having this feeling of awkwardness between them. She has this feeling to ask him but her mind was playing with her whether to do it or not.

Jaejoong ah, IIm sorry for what happened at the hospital just recently. AndI would like to ask you if youd like to be my partner in prom. She said hesitantly. She was totally embarrassed at that time. Yeonhee was eventually asking Kim Jaejoong, the charming guy and chick magnet, to be her partner in prom. O.O

Jaejoong chuckled. I would like to but I already asked Sohee.

Yeonhee was a bit disappointed but relieved at the same time. At least it was Sohee, not another girl she thought. What the heck are you thinking Yeonhee?

Oh, haha. Its okay. I was justpracticing.She smiled forcibly.

Practicing? Its the first time I heard that. Well, good luck on asking whoever the guy is.

Oppa!... Oh, Yeonhee-sshi. It was Sohee. She ran heading towards us. Uhm, oppa can I talk to Yeonhee for a while?

Ah, sure. Yoochun and I will just resume on our practice then. Then Jaejoong went in again leaving both girls.

They went to the soccer field and sit on one of the benches.

Yeonhee-sshi, Ayumi-unnie and Yuri havent done anything to you and Hara right? Sohee said worriedly.

Soheeactually, they did already. Hara and I are already very cautious on our actions. They said that theyll kick us out whenever they want.

Sohee felt sorry for them. She cant even do anything because shes also afraid.

Im sorry Yeonhee. If I could only do something about it, Ill definitely stop it. But Im too weak to do such things. Im not like Ayumi-unnie. Just be careful.

Thank you, Sohee. Can you keep this just between us?

Sohee agreed and promised. But she was planning to tell Jaejoong about it. She cant take to see Yeonhee and Hara going through things like this.

Yeonhee-sshi, can I have a favor to ask of you?

What is it?

Every problem has its corresponding solution. So dont lose hope and do what you think is right. Dont be a coward like me. I know you and Hara are strong individuals.

Thanks, Sohee. I’ll try my best. Yeonhee remembered the things she said to Ayumi back at the grocery store. And Im sure Hara is doing her best too.

After that, they bid goodbye to each other. Yeonhee immediately went home after while Sohee went somewhere.


------------------------------------------------------------------------


She looked at him in curiosity. What is it?


Can I like you?


Her eyes widen in surprise and just looked down. Those words marked an impact on her. Was she hearing it correctly? Or is she just too stressed up that shes hearing weird things coming from him? O.O

W-what?

Aish. Dont look down, will you? ImIm trying to be calm here. He said hesitantly.

She looked up on him and noticed him looking at her. Taegoon-sshi, youyou cant like me.

Taegoon doesnt know how to react towards her answer. Is he gonna be rejected? Now that hes already realized things?

“...ButWhy?

Taegoon-sshi! someone called him that halted their conversation. They both looked and noticed that it was Yuri. Where were you? Everyones looking for you in practice.

Oh... Sorry. With that, Hara was left there alone as the both of them went to the music room together. She also noticed Yuri glaring at her before they left her there.

She decided to walk out of school. Hara doesnt know what to do anymore. Taegoon just confessed to her. She felt happy that time but it eventually went away immediately when she remembered the condition Yeonhee and her had dealt with.

Maybe were just not meant to be together. She uttered by herself.


That night...

-What?! He asked if he could like you?! Waaaaahh!!!

Yeonhee said on the other line. Well, more of a yell to Hara. She just distanced the phone to prevent her from being deaf.

-What did you say?!

I said that he cant like me.Hara said in a sad tone.

-Huh? But dont you like him too?

Yeonhee, you know that we need to comply with the promise we made.

Yeonhee became quiet when she remembered those things again.

-Oh…yeah. Youre right about that. ButOMG! He likes you too! Youre not in a one-sided situation!

Hara just smiled a bit but it immediately went away since they cant be together even though they like each other.

-By the way, Sohee talked to me at school and asked me if Ayumi and Yuri had done anything to us. I did tell her that they did but I didnt tell her that its about us to be kicked out if we dont agree with them.

Well, Im glad we have a friend like her who understands our situation even though she used to side with them.”

-She said that we should be strong. Uhm, I think we are trying to be.

Oh yeah. Yeonhee, I forgot to ask you something. Didnt Jaejoong and you visit Yoochun when he was admitted in the hospital? I noticed you were starting to avoid Jaejoong but why did you go together?”

-Uhm, maybe it was because he noticed that I was worried with Yoochun and I can sense that hes worried too when he said that well go together to visit him thats why I agreed.

Then there was silence until Yeonhee broke it.

-Actually, something happened that day. Then she told Hara about the incident when Jaejoong and her went to the nearest grocery store and accidentally met Ayumi.

What?! You said that to her?! Hara said in shock by her friends action. Yeonhee wasnt that type of person to start with.

-I actually didnt expect to say such things to her. I justcant take these things were going through. Its making me sick. I cant even do the things I want without somebody watching my every action.

Yeonhee also told Hara that Jaejoong was there to comfort her when she cried out so hard.

-I was expecting that hell just leave me there. But he actually lent me a shoulder to cry on. Yeonhee said but she didnt notice that there was a curve that formed from his lips.

Hara just listened to her. She misses talking with her like this.

-And Hara, I... asked him to be my partner in prom. She said shyly.

Really? Did he agree?

-Nah. He already asked Sohee. I was a bit disappointed though but it was relief since its Sohee not some other girl.

Hara was surprised by her words this time. Yeonhee ah. She chuckled before proceeding. There are a lot of guys in school but why Jaejoong?

-Its like my thank you to him for comforting me, thats all. Yeonhee said shortly.

Ooohh. But the way you said it earlierits just strange. Does that mean that youre gonna be jealous if its not Sohee that he asked for prom?

Yeonhee became alarmed by Haras question. And she also noticed that it was the same statement she said to herself earlier when Jaejoong declined and said that he asked Sohee already.

-Y-Yah! I didnt mean to say that! It just went out of my mouth simultaneously.

Its not bad to like Jaejoong actually but hes just too good to be true for every girl.

Yeonhee thought for a while and realized that he IS too good to be true for someone like her.

-Like you said hes too good to be true so Id rather not put interest than be hurt in the end.

Hahaha. Yeonhee. Youre playing safe again.

-Im not. Im justtelling the truth.

Hara just chuckled on Yeonhees cuteness when shes trapped on something.

Yeonhee ah, lets have a sleepover in my house this weekend. I miss those days. Hara suggested.

-Oh, Sure! Good idea. Then lets watch movies! Yeonhee said excitedly.

Yeah! Haha. Yeonhee, Its getting late already. We better sleep since were still early for class tomorrow. Hara said.

-Ah, right. Good night then. Let’s just meet in our dreams~~

Hahaha. Good night to you too! See you in Dreamland.

After their long conversation, they ended the call and slept with smiles on their faces.


----------------------------------------------------------------


Unnie, what are you doing here? Sohee said when she saw Ayumi at the halls of the school.

 

Not because I already graduated in this institution doesnt give me a reason not to go here anymore. Besides, I want to see Jaejoong. She said while rolling her eyes from her. Where is he?

Then she spotted him walking towards them. Jaejoong ah! she called and it made him look at her. You can tell that he was surprised to see her in their school.

Jaejoong just continued walking and smiled to Sohee, ignoring Ayumis presence.

I need to tell you something. But lets not talk here. He said as they started walking away. Ayumi felt completely ignored by Jaejoong and she felt insulted by it.

Yah! Im here! She said in a loud voice and went towards them.

Jaejoong and Sohee stopped from walking. He just looked at her. What do you want?

Jaejoong ah, I missed you. Why didnt you answer my calls or even text me?? she whined while grabbing his arm.

Ayumi-sshi, pleaselearn to understand my feelings too. I only like you as a friend, nothing else beyond that. He said in a respectful tone as they walked past her.

In a mid distance from the scene, Yeonhee was walking by herself until she saw Ayumi looking at Jaejoong and Sohee irritatingly. Ayumi caught sight of her and it startled her. She stopped walking and noticed Ayumi smirking at her.

Suddenly, Ayumi pulled Jaejoong and kissed him on the lips. Its like shes telling her that Jaejoong is just hers and not for anybody else.

Sohees eyes widen upon seeing the scene Ayumi made. There were also some students who saw this and one of them is Yeonhee. Almost all students know Ayumi since she is the queenka during high school and she still have that aura with her and no one dares to stop what she does.

Jaejoong himself was surprised by what she did. He just responded to it for a while and broke the kiss.

Thats enough, right? he asked coldly. Lets go, Sohee.

With that they left Ayumi. But even though Jaejoong ignored what he did, she still managed to smile evily to Yeonhee. She wasn that far to hear what Jaejoong had said.

Yeonhee cant seem to absorb the scene she just witnessed so she immediately left and went to the comfort room. She locked herself in a cubicle and sat as she covered her face with her hands.

This time, she cant hold her tears anymore as they were continuously going out from her eyes.

Was it meant for me to see that a while ago? she thought.


-------------------------------------------------------------


[-Sohees pov-]

The scene a while ago that Ayumi-unnie made was really unexpected. And did I just saw Yeonhee from an area near us? Did Unnie intentionally do that because Yeonhee was there? Aish! I dont like the flow of all of this.

I just walked with oppa and we stopped when we reached the rooftop.

Oppa? What is it?

Sohee-sshi. He said as he faced her. I think Im gonna be leaving soon.

Sohees eyes widen. Leaving?

I was thinking on studying in Australia after graduating in high school since my mom is there. She said that if I was planning to study there, she would be very glad.

I lowered down my head and felt depressed. I cant see him anymore if thats the case.

Please dont tell anyone about this.

Sure oppa. You can trust me. I said trying to hide the sadness I felt.

[-End of Sohees pov-]


--------------------------------------------------------


Its already been a week since the last time Boa and Yoochun talked to each other. Boa was thinking if their bestfriend-relationship status would be gone. She wasnt used to it when hes not around.

She was on her way home when she saw Yuri dragging Hara somewhere.

What is she up to now? she uttered. She decided to follow silently.


The two girls stopped on some benches near the soccer field. Boa just hid behind some wall and listened.

You! Didnt I tell you to keep away from him?! Yuri said angrily to her.

I AM keeping away from him! What else do you want me to do?!

Boa heard what they were talking about and it just irritates her. Her sister is at it again. Whether Yuri likes it or not, she went towards them.

Yuri, stop this. Boa said as Yuri glared at her.

Please dont interfere, sister. You have nothing to do with this. She said with a tone of irritation to Boas presence.

Im sorry. But I need to. Youre being selfish again. Boa replied confidently.

Both of them just eyed each another.

Ugh! I hate you! Yuri said while walking away.

Hara and Boa looked at her as she went away from them. Boa suddenly chuckled and it made Hara look at her.

Im sorry if she acts like that. Just dont mind her.Boa said to her. Hara somehow understands.

Uhm, yeah. Thanks, really. Hara thanked her as the both of them left the school together.


---------------------------------------------------------------------


Stupid Hara! Plus why does Boa have to enter the scene?! To think that shes my own sister, she should be on my side! Yuri yelled out angrily.

Then her phone rang as she immediately answers it. What?!

-Yuri ah.She recognized who it was and sighed.

Minho, I thought you and Hara are starting to get along?!she said yelling.

-Yeah, were friends now but I cant just do this and that all of a sudden or well be back like before again. I dont want something like that to happen again.

Fine. Just exert more effort to it, okay? I dont want us to fail.

-Yuri, where are you? Are you still in school? Can I see you right now?

Ah, yeah. Im just in the canteen. Just go there and youll find me.

After that they both hang up.

Yuri went to buy some food and sit on one of the empty tables in the canteen. She was having a headache that time and it just got worsen. She finished eating and rests her head on his arms.

Yuri ah, are you alright? said a familiar voice and tapped her back.

No, Im not. My head hurts. She said as she turns her head to face him.

He looks at her worriedly and moved the hair that was covering her face. Im sorry if Im such a burden. I cant even act myself without the help of others. He said while resting his head on his hand while looking at her.

Hey, you just need some encouragement. Youre new here and thats practically normal. Youre lucky that Im giving my precious time to you. She said while playing with her hands. Her head was still lying on the table.

Minho just smiled to her. He thought that shes cute the way shes acting right now.

Im the luckiest person in school to have a friend like Kwon Yuri.

Yuri felt embarrassed upon hearing those words. She just looked away but felt her face heating up.

Youre so childish, Minho. She said and just chuckled on his actions.

I know. Thats why I need to be mature in order to get back with Hara.

At that time, Yuri wondered why something struck her deep inside.


-------------------------------------------------------------


2PM - WIthout You

Boa reached home and just ignored Yuri who was glaring at her when she saw her. She went straight to her room and lies on her bed.

So many things arehappening these days. I dont want to…lose my best friend.

She thought of forgetting about it through liquor maybe? But shes too tired to do it. Even though she thought it that way, Boa was too bugged by the thought of it that she decided to go to a bar.

Its been a long time since she went to this kind of place again.

She just ordered a shot of Margarita as memories were starting to be remembered.


[-Flashback-]

CHEERS~~!

A girl was celebrating her birthday with a group of friends in a bar. Even though they are still minors, well, they didn
t care about it.

Yah! Boa-sshi! Since its your birthday today, we challenge you to finish up this one whole case of beer! someone said to her.

Boa looked at her and smiled.
Sure! Ill do it! But all of you should drink with me or else I will not pay for the bill, understood?

Everyone agreed and drank.

Later on, Boa was holding the last bottle then drinking it all the way.
Ahhh~~ Finished! she said while throwing a fist on air. But at that time, shes already feeling tipsy and her head hurts. Some of her friends were already drunk, some were already asleep and some were starting to leave.

Since she was still on her sane mind, she gathered her things and paid for the bill on the counter before she left the bar.

It was already 1:23 am. She was walking by herself on a quiet street. You can tell on the way she
s walking that shell most probably be at risk for hitting anything she comes across to.

She was starting to feel sleepy that time when she noticed someone walking on the same direction as her wearing their school uniform.

Hey mister...You better go home nowits dangerous at a time like this~” she reprimanded.

The guy stopped walking and looked at her weirdly.

What are you looking at? Huh? Do you know me?!”  she asked demandingly.

He turned to face her and looked at her I.D.
Kwon Boa. Thats what your I.D. says. He said shortly.

Ha. Wrong! Youwhy are you like that? she said while pointing her index finger to him. She cant really see the guy clearly because shes beginning to feel funny already.

Dont stareat me… like that.. Im..not drunk! Yah! Why doyou havestars dancing around your head?

He just chuckled on her actions.

Youre imagination is just hyperactive right now.

Ohhh~~really..? thats why. Okay, thenSee you later~” She said while walking past him this time.

He just stared at her as she was walking like every drunken person is.


. . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . .


. . . . . . . . . . . ..  .. . . . . . . . . . . . .


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .?


Boa woke up in an unfamiliar place. Her room wasn
t painted grey. It was full of colors, not a plain one.

She started to get up from bed but felt her head aching.
What am I doing here? Where am I?

She came to notice her clothing and realized that she wasn
t on her school uniform. It was replaced by a light pink- colored night gown.

Am I being held captive by a ?! she asked herself while hugging her chest showing a worried look.

Suddenly, the door from the bathroom opened and a guy came out shirtless. Only wearing jeans. His hair was still wet and he was rubbing it with his towel.

The guy looked at her while she was also staring at him.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! she screamed in a loud voice.

He hurriedly ran to her and covered .
Shhh. Shhh. Please dont scream or everyone in the house will be coming here.

She nodded in agreement and looked at him suspiciously.
You didnt do anything stupid to me, right?

He sits across her on the bed and sighed.
WellI just did. He said while looking at her up then down.

You MORON! she yelled and gave him a punch on the face. Who are you?!

The guy just groan in pain and eyed her with a smirk on his face.
Im Park Yoochun, dont you know me?

She just looked at him weirdly.
Never heard of that name before. But I dont care who the hell you are! You ert!

Hey, I was just kidding. I didnt do anything to you. Besides, the maids were the ones who took care of you and dressed you with that night gown. He said while looking at her weirdly and it gives her goose bumps.

 

Do you remember what happened last night? he suddenly asked her.

She thought for a while but the only thing she remembers is when she was drinking with her friends and talking to an unknown guy. Nothing else goes.

Yes,I did. And why the heck am I at this house?

Youre too drunk that you fainted on the streets. You were blabbering things before that and youre really one funny girl you know… Can you be my girlfriend?he asked with a smirk.


So hes the guy Im talking to last night? she thought. Boas brows met and thought this Park Yoochun guy is crazy.

Oh really. Shut up. Youre not serious about it, I can tell. And besides, I dont even know your personality and youre not my type. Now, where are my clothes?

She stood up and found them hanging near a closet. She just ignored him and gets her uniform.

How can you say that Im not serious? If I ask you to marry me right now, would you not believe it?

She turns around and found that he was just a half-meter from where she
s standing. I just sense it. Of course I wont believe even if you propose to me right now. Tss. So get out of my way and please put a shirt on.

Boa, what if I say that you cant get out of this room unless youll be my girlfriend?

Her eyes widen.
Is he that desperate? Or is he just playing around? she thought.

Ha! As if! Id rather die. Dont play with me or youll regret it.

She started to walk towards the bathroom as Yoochun put a shirt on immediately and went to her again.

Hey, wai Ouch!He was putting her hand on her shoulder when she held it very hard that made him moan in pain.

Fine. Fine. You can go out anytime you want.

After that, she dressed up with her school uniform and reached for her bag.



Boa eventually saw him again in school. And it just irritates her when he suddenly goes near her. She
ll just go away immediately.

That night, she went again to the bar but only by herself. She just wants to enjoy from the hectic schedules they had right now in school.

She sat near the counter and ordered a drink. Then someone came to sit beside her and looked at her. She took a glance and just ignored the guy.

Hey, Miss, are you alone?

*Ignore*

Yah, Im talking to you.

The guy spoke once again. She gives him a glare.
Dont talk to me. She said as she took her drink.

Playing hard to get huh? You girls are so predictable. I know you want to come with me.

EEWWW. Youre ugly to start with. She scoffed and was about to stand up when the guy grabbed her arm.

Dont touch her. Someone said and it made the both of them look on whom it was.

Oh, you again. She scoffed and rolled her eyes from knowing that it was Yoochun.

Shes mine so do you mind on keeping off the grass?

The guy finally let go of her but was glaring at Yoochun as the both of them exited the bar with him holding her hand.

Just thank me later, alright?

What stupid things were you saying a while ago?

Then three men were walking towards them. The two were holding Yoochun while the other one was holding Boa.

The guy who approached her came and held her arm.

Get your filthy hands off me! she yelled at the guy and stomped at his feet which made him groan in pain.

Yoochun didn
t waste time and elbowed the guy on his left and punched the other one.

They both ran away immediately from the bar and went to the park. They hid behind the big tree and sit underneath it.

Yah! Youre quicker than I thought. She said to him as she was catching her breath.

Haha. You too. Im beginning to doubt if youre really a girl because you act like a guy. Yoochun said straightforwardly which made her look at him in disbelief.

Just shut your mouth if you dont have anything nice to say.

Awww. Dont be mad. I just saved your life a while ago. You should at least thank me.

She didn
t spoke any word and he just sit there looking at the sky.

Gomawo...

He looked at her with a surprised look.
What did you just say?

I said youre deaf.

Haha. Just kidding, Boa-sshi. Its nothing really. You should be my girlfriend if you want to return the favor to me.

Whatever. Im not interested to be one.

After that incident, both of them apparently became friends but they always bicker with each other.

Despite that fact, their friendship grew in time. Boa changed little by little on her way of life. She stopped drinking liquor and going to the bar every day. Her boyish act was also minimized. Yoochun, on the other hand, would always .

Until the time came when he discovered that she likes Jaejoong, he non-stop and she would always chase him and wants to kill him.

Them, meeting and knowing each other, seems like meant to be. They eventually became best friends as time went by.

[-End of Flashback-]



A tear rolled from her cheek as she remembered the history of their friendship.

What am I doing? she stopped drinking and went out of the bar.

Boa could feel the coldness of the weather even though she is wearing a thick coat.

I cant go on like this. Yoochun, youre making me sick.


--------------------------------------------------------------


Dongsaeng? Eugene knocked on the door of Taegoons room. Im going in, alright?

She didnt hear any response from him but still went in. There’ss no sign of him in the room so she went to the room where he usually practice dancing. And her guess was right.

He is dancing again and he didnt notice her coming in the room until he saw her on the mirror. Eugene just watched him for a while until he stopped and sit beside her.

You okay? Seems like you cant focus.

He just kept silent and sighed. Im justtired of things, noona. The person that I like doesnt like me. I thought she understand me the most despite her striking words. But I think I shouldnt assume next time around.

Yah, dongsaeng, did you just confess to someone? Is it Hara-sshi?

He just nods lightly in agreement. On the other hand, Eugene formed a smile.

You see, many people have reasons behind every decision they made. Maybe, just maybe, shes still not ready for it. she said while giving him a pat on the back.

Noona, since when did you become an adviser?

Ever since Ive matured enough. Im your sister and its just my obligation to take care of my little brother whenever hes in this kind of situation. She said as she messed his hair.

Yah! Stop it. Im not a kid anymore. Im practicing again.

Alright. Fine.She said with a smile.