Chapter 23

Hot and Cold

Yuri reached home finally from practice. She smiled upon seeing the lilies she bought the other day. Her sister hasn’t come home yet neither her parents. She was alone at home at the mean time.

 

“Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to sleep. So tired~~.” She whined as she went to her bedroom and lie on her bed.

 

……

 

 

……………….

 

 

……

 

 

………………

 

 

*RIIIINNGGG!!!!*

 

Yuri’s phone suddenly rang which made her wake up in the middle of the night. She immediately answered it and didn’t mind on who it was.

 

“Yeobseoyo.” She answered with a tired tone.

 

-“Your sister is drunk and she’s on her way to your house.”

 

Her eyes widen upon recognizing Yoochun’s voice.

 

“EH??!!” She yelled loudly when she heard that. “What happened?”

 

-“I don’t know. I… can’t understand her actions nowadays. Plus…we’re not really on terms right now.”

 

“Oh… alright.”

 

-“Gomawo Yuri ah.”

 

Then they both ended the call and Yuri heard a knock on the main door.

 

“Must be her.” She stood up annoyingly and walked towards the door. She opened it immediately and saw Boa sobbing and standing in an unstable way.

 

“What happened to you? Yoochun called me and told me you’re drunk.”

 

Boa looked at her annoyingly and went inside their house ignoring her.

 

“Ya! What’s your problem?” Yuri yelled in asking her.

 

Boa took a sit on the couch and leaned her head behind her. “I’m…in love with Yoochun.”

 

Yuri’s eyes widen but she’s not surprised at all. “So? Is that the problem?”

 

“No. It’s just that…he doesn’t deserve someone like me.”

 

Yuri sighed and sits across her with crossed arms. “You’re not a kid anymore you know. Guys like Yoochun don’t come always your way.”

 

Boa looked at Yuri with an expression of realization.

 

“So…give it a chance. If you’re not really for each other, then say in front of my face that I’m wrong. Is that sensible enough for you to quit your drama, Unnie?”

 

Boa stood up and sits beside her. She suddenly hugs her sister without any warning.

 

“Ya! What’s with you all of a sudden?” Yuri exclaimed.

 

“Thanks. I never thought you cared for me that much, neh?” Boa smirked.

 

“Who told you? AM NOT. I just don’t want to see a crazy and lost sister in the future.”

 

With that, Boa broke the hug as Yuri accompanied her to bed.

 

 

Yuri went to her room just beside her sister and wondered about Boa’s actions lately.

 

 

“Things that you think is true aren’t like what you seem them to be…”

 

 

“Hmph! What he said was right then… well, for Boa’s situation.” She sighed deeply and scoffed. “Does it really have to do with me?” 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

One Way - Forever

 

 

Donghae and Yoona were together in Starbucks after class when they saw Jaejoong passing by the street and he was on his way towards their school.

 

“Jae? He didn’t even go to class for days now.” He said while eyeing Jaejoong.

 

“I heard rumors about him leaving school and such, is it true? You’re his cousin afterall so you know about these things right?”

 

He shifted his gaze to Yoona and sighed deeply. “Well, he told me about leaving but he said he has other plans. Those plans are… I don’t know anymore. He hasn’t mentioned more of it.”

 

“So it’s true, huh?” She pouted and nodded at the same time. Donghae chuckled with his girlfriend’s cute gestures. “What?”

 

“You’re not into Jaejoong, are you?”He with a serious face.

 

Her pout vanished and her eyebrows crossed while glaring at him.

 

“Do you doubt my feelings for you, Lee Donghae?” she half yelled.

 

By then he realized that she haven’t changed a bit. She’s still the short-tempered Yoona. And that made him even more.

 

“Sort of.” He said in a typical tone.

 

Yoona was feeling irritated and wanting to punch Donghae right now. “Fine!” She gets her things and left immediately.

 

“Oh no. I think I crossed the line.” He told himself and scoffed. Donghae followed her immediately.

 

‘She sure walks fast.’ He told himself seeing her on the other side of the road. He scratched his head and just followed her.

 

Yoona noticed him following her so she ran towards the train station. She reached the station as she catches her breath. She couldn’t find any sign of Donghae following her around anymore.

 

“Stupid Donghae!” she said under her breath.

 

It was already dark when she reached home yet she felt anxious. A familiar figure was leaning on the gate of her house. She walked towards the person slowly.

 

“What are you doing here, Donghae?” She asked without looking on the other person’s face.

 

He goes near her and looked at her with a serious expression. “I’m sorry about earlier. That wasn’t really my intention.”

 

“What was your intention then?” she asked as she looks at him with agitation.

 

 “I was just playing around with you earlier. Never thought you’d be angry at me. Besides, I NEVER doubted your feelings for me.”

 

She can feel his sincerity towards his explanation. “Hmm…I’ll think about it.” She crossed her arms and turns her back on him.

 

“Oh no you don’t.” He said as he pulls her into a hug.

 

“Hey!!” she yelled with irritation as her head was leaning on his chest. His hands were holding her waist and head towards him. “Let me go! Now!”

 

Donghae looked at her secretly and smirked on what he noticed. “Are you playing with me?” he asked suspiciously. “You’re not mad, are you?”

 

“What the—“

 

Then she suddenly felt his arms on both of her cheeks as he kissed her. Yoona loved the feeling. It lasted for a while until he let goes of her and looked at her with a smile.

 

“I know you missed that.” Donghae said with a smirk.

 

“Shut up.” She pushed him lightly while turning her back from him. Her face was beginning to heat up and felt embarrassed.

 

“Awww… beauty is blushing. “ He leans toward her shoulder. “So I’m forgiven right?”

 

“I’ll let it slip this time. There won’t be next time anymore, araso?” she commanded with a strict tone.

 

“Sure. I was just showing affection you know.” He said as he hugs her from behind. “You know me very well, that’s why…”

 

Yoona wondered on his sudden silence. “Wha— Stop it! Hahahahaha!!“ she can’t stop herself from freaking out.

 

“Haha! It’s a good thing I knew this would weaken you! Nyahahaha!“ he said while he continues on holding Yoona towards her with the other arm tickling her sides.

 

“Please!..HAHAHAHAHHA! Stop it! HAHAHA!” she whined while laughing wildly.

 

He stopped then and just hugged her from behind. “Im Yoona… Lee Donghae loves you very much. Hmmm, I wonder if she knows that.”

 

Her lips curved up. ”Im Yoona knows that and she loves you too.” She kissed him on his cheek and went in her house.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yeonhee was home alone when weekends came about. The day was getting boring for her since her daily routines were eat-sleep-eat-sleep.

 

“Ugh!! I hate this pig syndrome! I don’t even get a single fat! Hmph!” She yelled in irritation.

 

 Out of the blue, her phone rang.

 

“Umma?” she said when answering the phone.

 

-“Yeonhee dear, someone’s coming to our house today. Please welcome our guest, okay?”

 

“Huh? What? Who?”

 

-“You’ll know when he arrives.” After that, her mom ended the call.

 

“But Umma? Hello? Aish!” she ended the call and pouted.

 

 

*DING*DONG*  *DING*DONG*

 

 

“Right. Is that what Umma’s talking about?” she said and went to answer the door.

 

“Hi.”

 

He was wearing a blue and white shirt, matched with his cap. Dark Blue pants and sneakers. His aura was really ‘cool’ for her

 

Yeonhee stared on the person and closed the door. “Who’s that?” then she opened the door again and stared again.

 

“Do I know you?”

 

“Absolutely not. But I know you...a bit.” Then he smiled which was ‘undeniably adorable’, Yeonhee thought.

 

 “Oh. Are you the guest my mom’s talking about?”

 

He nods in agreement. “My name’s Lee Gikwang.  You can call me AJ for short.”

 

“Uhm, please come in.”

 

As both of them came in, Yeonhee became conscious for only her and this unfamiliar guy is in.

 

“You got a nice figure Yeonhee-sshi. It really looks the same in the picture.”

 

‘Picture?’ she thought and began to be intrigued. She stopped walking and faced him.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Didn’t your parents say anything about me?”

 

“No. My mom just told me a while ago that there’s a guest coming and I should welcome whoever it is.”

 

He sighed and looked her again. “You’re gonna be my fiancée.”

 

 

 

“WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!! You’re kidding right?!” she asked in disbelief and stepped away from him. ‘How could I possibly marry a complete stranger? This can’t be happening.’ she thought.

 

 

 

“Hahahaha. You’re one funny girl. Of course not. That’s the reason why I came here.”

 

‘Oh no. Can someone tell me this is just a dream?’ Yeonhee thought.

 

“How did it come up to this?!”

 

“I chose you from three girls my parents gave me. That’s all. At first, I thought it was just a mere blind date again. But I didn’t think they would say that I’m gonna be married soon. Geez.” He said and scratched the back of his head.

 

“What?! It’s your fault!” she said with irritation.

 

“Yeah, Yeah. I know that. You can throw all the vases in here to me now.”

 

‘Jae…well, I know you don’t care if I’ll get married soon, right? So why am I hoping and calling out your name?’

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Ouch!” Jaejoong yelled in pain.

 

“Jae? Are you alright?” Taegoon asked and continues on running.

 

“Yeah. I just bit my tongue.” He said and just continues to do sit-ups.

 

“I think someone’s calling you.”

 

Jaejoong scoffed. “Do you seriously believe that?”

 

“Sort of. We don’t know. Maybe it’s true.”

 

Then, Taegoon’s phone rang. It just keeps on ringing.

 

“Hey, aren’t you gonna pick up your phone?”

 

“Later.”

 

Jaejoong stood up and looked on who it was then he grins. “Yeobseoyo?”

 

Taegoon felt surprised but was used to it and just continued on what he’s doing.

 

“Yeah, He’s here. Exercising. He doesn’t feel like answering the phone so I answered it.”

 

-“Really? I understand. Jaejoong-sshi, I haven’t seen you around in school these days. Did something happen?”

 

“Oh, nothing. I’m just busy with something Hara-sshi.”

 

-“By the way, Yeonhee’s—“

 

Taegoon snatched his phone away from Jaejoong. “Why are you talking to my girlfriend?”

 

Jaejoong’s expression ------- > O.O

 

“Woah. Relax. I won’t steal her away from you.”

 

Taegoon didn’t respond and walked away from him to talk to Hara.

 

“Speaking of, how are you doing Yeonhee?” he uttered.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yuri was starting to ignore Minho’s texts or calls after what he says to her at the mall. And he doesn’t fail to make her wonder again this time.

 

 

*RIIINNGGG* *RIIINNGGG*

 

 

*Minho Calling*

 

 

“Hmph!” she ignored it and the ringing stopped. But she got a text and just opened it.

 

“For the nth time, please don’t ignore me Yuri…”

 

 

Then another…  -“I’m serious. I wasn’t joking that time….”

 

 

Another one again… -“I just want to ask you something….in personal…”

 

 

Then… -“I’ll go to your house right now….”

 

 

 

Yuri’s eyes widen. “What the? This guy really.” It suddenly rained heavily which made Yuri worry and that made her reply to him.

 

-“It’s raining heavily! You’re sick if you will still go!”

 

 

She didn’t receive any reply from him after that. “I’m gonna kill him if he still does! Hmph!” she uttered and went to bed early.

 

Yuri closes her eyes this time hoping to sleep but someone knocked. “Yuri-ah.” It was Boa.

 

It’s a good thing it wasn’t Minho or else she’ll be fired up again. She stood up and went to open the door.

 

“What is it?” she asked in a tired tone.

 

“Someone’s enraged outside. And he’s calling for you.”

 

 

Yuri --------- > O.O

 

 

She went to a window and looked outside. And there she saw Minho soaking wet.

 

“Yuri! Please don’t ignore me!”

 

 

“The heck with this guy! I told him not to go but he still did.” She complained.

 

“He looks serious. Why don’t you give him a chance like what you’d told me?” Boa said while tapping her shoulder.

 

“I don’t know Unnie…” that’s what all Yuri can say.  

 

“Okay. I won’t force you. But it’ll surely bug your conscience if he gets sick.” She replied and returned to her room.

 

Yuri stared at him again through the window.

 

 

………………

 

 

“Yuri ah….” Minho uttered under his breath and looked down.

 

“The heck with you!”

 

He immediately looked up and finally saw her in front of him. She was holding a big umbrella with her and was glaring at him.

 

“Its cold you know…. Don’t make me wait…” he said and walked towards her.

 

“I didn’t remember saying that you’ll wait for me, got it?”

 

He grins and holds the umbrella near her hand. “It’s really cold…” he said shivering.

 

“That’s your fault. Tsk.”

 

She drags him inside her house and covers his head with a towel. “Dry yourself with that.”

 

“..thanks.” he uttered. “Can I borrow your umbrella for a while?”

 

“Fine. Do what you want. It’s better if you don’t come back.”

 

“Ya~~!” Minho whined but still went back to his car to get some things and returned immediately to her house, afraid that she might change her mind anytime.

 

“What’s that?” she asked when she saw him coming back with some things.

 

“Clothes and…”

 

“Clothes?! So you’re really planning this over huh?”

 

“Yeah…hehe I’m gonna go change first. Where’s the comfort room?”

 

She told him the directions as he went to change. “The umbrella is just outside. I’m letting it dry...hehe.”

 

“Whatever.” She replied sarcastically. However she went outside and brings the umbrella inside instead. But there was a big white package left on the front door. She wonders on what it is and brought it in.

 

Minho went back with dry clothes. He was shocked to see the white package.

 

“What’s that?” he asked while pointing it.

 

“I don’t know. I found it outside just now.”

 

“Let’s open it. Maybe it’s an advance present from Santa Claus.”

 

Minho chuckled while Yuri opens it. “This is…the white big bear I saw at the mall.” She said while holding it with both hands.

 

“That’s for you.” He said with a serious tone while standing behind her. Yuri faced him while hugging the bear.

 

“I just want to ask you something then. Are you really serious about this?”

 

“I won’t do the soaked-in-the-rain thing if I’m not. And I would have surrendered when you kept on ignoring me if I weren’t serious.” He said while looking intently at her.

 

“What about Hara? Didn’t you say that you want to get back with her?” she asked straightforwardly.

 

“That….was a lie. I know it was stupid but that’s the only way I could think to get close to you. Didn’t I tell you that the things that you think to be true aren’t like what you seem them to be?”

 

“Hmph. I doubt it.” She said with hesitation. Though his words were really serious but she can’t just let him get to her.

 

“I can’t blame you though. But if you’ll give me a chance, you’ll see that I truly love you.” Then he looks at the bear she’s hugging. “I’m perhaps jealous with the bear. So lucky that it’s being hugged by you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri stared at the bear and put it aside. What Minho didn’t expect was her hugging him now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll be my teddy bear from now on.” She said unexpectedly which made him feel happy.

 

He hugged her back and whispered. “And you’re my owner.”