Chapter 8

Hot and Cold

8:48 AM

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]


I opened my eyes but I’m still too sleepy to get up.


Ugh! I need to get up now because I feel like a pig when I’m like this.


I went downstairs and greeted my Omma and Appa who are watching tv.


“Good morning Omma, Appa.” I said as I stretched my arms.


“Good morning dear.” Omma said.


I had my breakfast first before I took a bath. As I was wearing my clothes, I noticed a book on my study table. Hmmm, I haven’t continued reading this since school has begun. I decided to continue reading it as I lie on the bed...again. *sigh* Here I go again.


Hours later...

I’m still reading it and it’s getting better and better as the story goes. Actually, it’s a love story and it’s a forbidden love because of some factors. The main characters continued their relationship but it’s a secret one.


Hmm, I better sit than to be on this position because I feel sleepy again due to that. But I need to go somewhere today. Well, just a little nap will do, Yeonhee. My eyes were already closing and I immediately went to sleep…


....



..




....



..



....

Purple line, let me set up my world!
Dare mo aruita koto nai this way,
Yume wo idaite ikikata wo sagashi tsuzuketeru
Jibun rashiku my prog—


Ugh! Who could that be? I’m sleeping here.


I reached for my phone and answered it.


“Yeobseoyo.”


-“Yeonhee. It’s me.”


“Huh? Who’s… me?” I said with an irritated voice. But I can distinguish from the voice that the person is a guy.


Then, he chuckled.


-“As you can see it’s already 5:53 pm. It’s almost evening you know. “


As that sentence was heard, I immediately rise from the bed. OMG!! I overslept!


“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry, I’ll be there in a few minutes.”


Then I ended the call and went to the bathroom to fix myself. After that, I changed my clothes and went downstairs.


My parents are in the neighbor’s house so I just texted Omma and Appa that I have to go somewhere really important. Well, it’s not really important, it’s just that I need to go or my conscience will bother me.


Upon riding the taxi, I showed the address to the driver and he immediately drove off. After a few minutes, we arrived at the said place and I went out after giving the money.


Uhhh… am I at the right address? This house in front of me is really big. Well, It just got into my senses to reach for the doorbell.


I was surprised to see the person who opened the door.

 

CLICK ME ♥


Who’s this guy? He’s really cute with that glasses on but his face is really familiar.


He smirked at me and *snap*


“Hey, are you okay?”


I came back to reality and realized that it was just Jaejoong with glasses on. Honestly, I really didn’t recognize that it was him until the snap. Wait a minute, what am I saying just a while? Him? Cute? No way! I take back what I said.


I cleared my throat and looked away.


“Y-yeah.” I replied.


“Come in.” as he held my hand and pulled me inside their house. He dragged me towards their living room and I can see the piano from where I am standing right now.


We sit on their sofa and the maids were providing drinks and foods on the table.


“You forgot, didn’t you?” he suddenly asked.


I looked at him and said “No I didn’t. I just overslept. That’s all. I’m sorry, okay?”


“Tsk.Tsk.Tsk. Anyway, did you bring it?”


Uh-oh.


“Uhhh…about that..”


He looked at me and said “Hm? You forgot to bring that too.”


He’s like a mind-reader you know.


“Hehehe. *peace sign* But I can play it even without the cords.” I said confidently to him.


“Talking about ‘being late’, I’ll forgive you this time. Under the condition that you’re gonna play your best piece.”


*phew* I thought he’s gonna do something evil to me.


“Okay.” I said as we both stand up and I was walking towards the piano.


“Where are you going?” he asked.


“Well, you asked me to play right?”


“Not there. Upstairs.” Then he started walking to the stairs.


I just followed him going upstairs but I saw no piano.


“Hey, where’s the piano?” I wondered.


“It’s in my room.”


“Oh. You should’ve said that ear--- WHAT?! Your room?” I said as I stopped walking. He also stopped walking and looked at me.


“Yeah. What’s wrong?” he replied in a calm tone.


“N-nothing. Let’s go.” I just continued walking and just hid my feeling of disturbance that I’m gonna be in a guy’s room.


We stopped at the third door. He opened it and went inside. Aside from the fact that his house is big, I wasn’t surprised to see that his room is very spacious. What’s more shocking is when something was my feet.


“Vick!”Jaejoong uttered.  

 

Jaejoong's dog, VICK


it’s a Great Pyrenees dog. Awwww, It’s really cute and has a really puffy fur. It’s as white as cotton and it just keeps on my feet.


“Wow. He’s really cute.” I tapped his head as the dog closed his eyes. I can’t resist these kinds of dogs really.


I heard Jaejoong chuckle. “I thought you’re gonna be afraid of him. I guess I was wrong.”


“Why would I? I love animals. Look at him, he’s really cute.” I said with a smile on my face.


“Well, same goes to the owner, right?”


“Yeah same goes to the--- WHAT?! No way!!”


OMG! Did I actually say that? That’s the effect of being amused too much. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I stopped caressing Vick and looked at him.


Jaejoong just keeps on grinning at me. I am really embarrassed right now. Hmph.


“You can’t take it back anymore.” He grins at me once again.


“ARF! ARF!”


Both of us were shocked by Vick’s sudden noise.


He looks at the dog. “Hey, you’re hungry already?” he asked.


“ARF! ARF!” while panting and letting out his tongue.


“I’ll feed him first, Yeonhee. Just practice the piece you want to play.”


“Fine.” I replied and went to his piano set.


I started playing the song which I just composed and written the chords just recently.

 

DBSK - Begin (Piano version)



…..


....


…..


When I hit the last note, I rested my hands on my lap.


“Where is that---“


As I turn my head towards the door, I saw Jaejoong leaning on the wall of the door.


“H-hey. How long have you been there?”


“Just a while.” As he walked towards me and took a seat next to me.


“Oh.” I said and shifted my attention to the piano.


“You’re very much talented, Yeonhee. You should take care of those hands.”


“Oh, Thanks.” I slightly smiled at him. Then something popped in my mind.


“By the way, do you really wear glasses?”


“Actually, I’m wearing contacts when I go to school or when I hang out. But at home, I just wear glasses. I’m not wearing this just for accessory.”


“Oh, okay.”


Uhm, one more thing, I’m attracted to guys wearing glasses. I think that’s why I can say he is irresistible right now.


He suddenly moved a little closer to me which gives me the creeps.


“Play another one.” He said all of a sudden.


“Huh?” His statement made me look at him and wondered.


“I promise I won’t tease you again after this. Please~~??” he said while making a cute face.


“Oh, really? What if you break it?”


“Hey, I keep my word you know. But... I’ll really keep my word, if you promise me one thing too.”


“And what’s that gonna be?” I asked while raising one of my eye brows.


“It’s just very simple…


….



..
 


….



.. have a date with me..”
 


Then, he winked at me.


Oh no.  (O.O)