Chapter 2

Hot and Cold

 

During lunch time, Yeonhee and Hara walked to the canteen together and bought food. They were sitting in one table when someone came to them.

 

“Excuse me girls, can I join you?”

 

Both of them turn their heads and look up. It was a cute guy actually.

 

“Sure. Take a seat.” Hara said.

 

“Thanks.” He replied. “You’re new here, right?”

 

“Yeah. How’d you know?”

 

“You just introduced yourselves earlier in class.”

 

“Oh, sorry about that. I didn’t notice you.”

 

“That’s okay. By the way, I’m Donghae.”

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Hara and this is Yeonhee.”

 

Yeonhee just smiled at him.

 

As they were eating, Hara noticed a table where Taegoon and Jaejoong were. It was just one table away. Jaejoong was talking about something while Taegoon just eats his food and listens to what the other is saying.

 

“Do you remember the two guys who were late?”

 

“Yeah. What about them?” Hara said.

 

“Obviously, they’re famous to all girls here.”

 

Then Hara remembered when they entered the class, girls were screaming outside.

 

“So, they’re like kingkas here?” Yeonhee asked.

 

“Something like that.” Donghae replied “To describe them in short, both are chick magnets. Jaejoong is the playboy type while Taegoon is the cold type.”   

 

Then he stood up carrying his plate. “I’ll guess I’ll see you later in class. Bye.”

 

“Bye.” They uttered in unison. Hara finds it weird for this Donghae guy to suddenly join them and talk about those things but she decided not to mind it.

 

They finished their food and returned the plate. As Hara finished returning her plate, she carelessly turns around and bumps into a wall. But actually it wasn’t a wall, it was Taegoon.

 

“Mianhae. I didn’t mean to.” She said apologetically while bowing to him.

 

Actually, she was afraid of him even though he makes her curious because of his mysterious aura.

 

He stared at her with a cold expression.

 

“Watch where you’re going or you’ll regret it.” He said as he turned his back from her.

 

She said to himself ‘he’s so scary but I did say sorry and that was just a little thing’.

 

“At least I said sorry.” She said in a low tone but he heard it and turns to face her.

 

“Confident huh? Go to the dance room after class. If I don’t see you there, you’re dead.”

 

Students were murmuring to each other. And she heard some of it.

 

“That’s what she gets for hitting Taegoon oppa purposely.”

 

“What a . She’s not even good looking.”

 

“Wrong move, new kid.”

 

“She deserves it. She’s really dead.”

 

Those were just some of their talk-abouts. She let out a sigh and went out of the canteen with Yeonhee.

 

“Are you okay?” Yeonhee asked worriedly.

 

“Yeah. I just don’t understand why he’s already mad with just a little thing. He even heard what I said. He really scares me you know.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll go with you.” Yeonhee said.

 

“Thanks.”

 

They went to their room and Hara wasn’t comfortable anymore because of what happened earlier.