Chapter 8

Two Worlds Collide

I saw a boy running, his light brown hair sticking to his sweaty forehead. His eyes were dark, his expression afraid. He was running, but from what? I looked and saw a dark figure, feeling evil emanate from him. Yet, something felt off, as if the figure was filled with revenge and jealousy. He had run into a corner, and he was trapped. Looking around frantically, his eyes had finally locked onto an empty area. His expression hardened with betrayal and hurt. He shot something that looked like a light out of his hand at the figure. But the figure ducked and the light came at me.

I woke up in a cold sweat, a bright ray of sunlight shining on my face. Lucy burst into the room, eyes as wide as D.O.'s.

"Dae Yang! Gwaenchanayo?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Uh... Yeah. I just had a... I had a bad dream," I said awkwardly. It was so strange for me, I had never had such an odd dream before. It was frightening.

"Oh really?" she asked, sitting down on the bed. "Would you like to tell me about it?"

"There was a boy, a- and he-he was... Running and he looked so scared... And I-I-I--"

I was shocked when Lucy wrapped her arms around me. "Shh, don't cry, it was just a dream," she coaxed.

I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand, not realizing that I had started to cry. "Sorry," I sniffled.

"Don't apologize for crying," she laughed lightly.

I sniffed the air, smelling something weird. "What's that?"

"MY BACON!" she cried, running to the kitchen.

"Bacon?" I thought, unfamiliar with the word. I walked into the kitchen, just in time to see Lucy pull out a silver tray with funny-looking black things on it. I reached out and picked one up, putting the piece in my mouth. It was crunchy... And then I tasted it. It was absolutely awful, but I couldn't spit it out. I didn't want to offend Lucy.

"Mm..." I tried to smile with my mouth full, holding two thumbs up, using one of the Earth gestures I knew. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"You actually like that? It's burnt you know," she said, her eyebrows knitted together. I swallowed, making a face.

"Haha, you're cute," she said, messing up my hair. She looked at me funny again, and I didn't know what was wrong.

"Okay, that's not even fair," she pouted. "You still look perfect with messed up hair."

"Hey for a hu-- I mean, you're really really pretty too, you know."

"Anyways," she cleared , "We can just have breakfast at the mall, since I forgot to start cooking the other things."

"Mall?" I accidentally thought out loud.

"Uhm yeah, Air Joy Shopping Mall."

"For... Shopping?" the word tasted odd coming off my tongue. Or maybe it was the bacon.

"Yup! We can buy anything you want!" she said excitedly. I had no idea what this 'buy' was. I later found out that it was when you gave someone paper called won for other items. I marveled at the idea of something so cheap like paper being so valuable. It was so silly, but it intrigued me. We later arrived at a store called 'Love of Fashion'. Lucy squealed with excitement and ran over to me with a blue dress.

"Try this on! Go now!" she pushed me to yet another change room, shoving the dress into my arms.

I sighed as I changed, coming out to show Lucy. I twirled once, to show her how I looked. She had made do that every single time, but it was actually kind of fun. 

"Wait! Turn around..." she said suspiciously, as I slowly turned my back to her.

"What is that?" I heard her ask.