Chapter 11

Two Worlds Collide

Your POV

I shut off my hologram when I heard the key turn in the lock. I ran to the couch and picked up the magazine lying on the table. I opened it as Lucy walked in.

"Hey Daeyang!" She greeted. I looked up and smiled at her, waving.

"What are you reading?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"A... magazine." I responded.

"It's upside down..." She giggled, covering with her hand.

"Oh... I was... Uh... I don't know." I scratched my head, before grinning at her widely.

"Oh! Daeyang, I forgot to tell you, but my friend Baekhyun will be coming and staying over at our apartment tonight, because his is getting renovated. Is that okay with you?" She asked, taking off her shoes and walking over, leaning her arms on the couch.

Baekhyun? That name sounded so familiar. I furrowed my eyebrows as I racked my brain.

Seeing my furrowed eyebrows, Lucy quickly hastened to add, "But of course, he can always bunk with someone else. It's just that he's my best friend so I thought it would be okay but I totally understand if you would feel uncomfortabl-" She stopped as I burst out into laughter. She was really cute when she rambled on.

"No! It's totally fine! I was just thinking how I heard his name before, but I'm not sure where. It's nothing though." I smiled, and she sighed in relief.

"That's good, because he's waiting outside right now." She smiled, and my jaw dropped.

"Wow, very excited... is he?" I chuckled, setting the magazine down and standing up.

"You could say that." She smiled and bounded over and opened the door.

Standing in the doorway was a thin, but muscular, boy of about 19 years old, wearing jeans with a black t-shirt and grey sweater. The surprising thing was that he had hazel eyes and brown hair. Exactly like the boy in my dreams.

I let out an audible gasp. I could have easily mistaken him for someone from EXO.

"I know I'm hot, but you don't need to overreact." The boy smirked and Lucy rolled her eyes before smacking Baekhyun on the arm.

"Ew, stop it Baekhyun. And plus, she has a boyfriend, so it won't matter what you do." She laughed, sending a wink in my direction.

"I-I do not!" I exclaimed, cringing at the thought of Kai being my boyfriend.

"His name is Kai, and I bet he's hotter than you, so don't even try." Lucy smirked and let Baekhyun in.

For a split second, Baekhyun's face scrunched up in recognition before smoothing out so quickly that I could've imagined it.

Baekhyun's POV

"Wait here, okay?" Lucy told me, pushing the key into the lock.

"Why?" I asked, my eyebrows coming together.

"I have a roommate now, so I need to make sure that she's okay with you staying here," Lucy smiled. She was always so considerate of others.

"Ooh, is she hot?"

"Baekhyun, you leave her alone. I don't want your greasy self contaminating my new friend."

I sighed, pouting. "How am I ever going to get a girlfriend?" I asked her.

"Stop making moves on every girl you see, maybe?" Lucy jokingly suggested, playfully punching my arm. "I'm going to go in now. Stay here, and don't cause trouble, okay?"

"I'll do my best, no guarantees," I winked.

She closed the door behind her, and I could hear muffled laughter and talking. I wondered what the girl looked like. Okay, I really wasn't that shallow, but I guess I came off that way. Lucy had told me before that I could be really sweet sometimes, but I really didn't think so.

Suddenly, the door opened, and I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was drop-dead gorgeous, and I remember believing that maybe, just maybe, love at first sight was real. I stared for a while, before a loud gasp brought me back to reality.

Quick, say something! I thought. "I know I'm hot, but you don't need to overreact," I smirked, gaining an eyeroll from Lucy.

And then I really saw this girl. She was the kind of girl who's beauty was timeless, never fading. Was she even real? I mindlessly let Lucy pull me in, and that's when I noticed something eerily familiar about this girl.

"Hello?" she said, waving her hand in front of my face, distracting me from my previous thoughts. "My name's Daeyang," she smiled, showing off perfect pearly whites.

"Oh, uh. Right." Say something clever! Uh... "Did it hurt?" I asked, mentally face-palming for using such a lame line.

"No, I didn't fall from heaven. And I'm perfectly fine with calling you Baekhyun, thank you very much," she replied, as if rehearsed.

"Ooh, shot-down!" Lucy laughed, "Besides Baek, I told you, she has a boyfriend."

"No, I don't, Lucy!" she flailed her arms before crossing them over her chest.

I cleared my throat loudly, attempting to get her attention back on me. "So uh... Where are you from?" I asked, cringing when I heard my voice crack. Why was she making me so nervous?

"Oh yeah, where are you from?" Lucy reiterated the question, resting her elbows on the counter.

"I'm from..." she began, biting her lip as if she had to think about it. Was she thinking about it?

Your POV

I wasn't prepared for these questions! I frantically wracked my brain for any place on earth that I knew. "I'm from..."

"Africa." I finshed the sentence, feeling happy with my response.

"What? Really?" they both asked in unison.

"Yes?" I replied, noticing how unsure I sounded myself. What was wrong with Africa?

"Then... why is your skin so pale? Isn't the sun brutal there?" Lucy asked, squinting her eyes at me.

"Uh yeah, it is really uh... bru-tal. But I used that stuff you that protects you from the sun."

"You mean sunscreen?" Baekhyun raised an eybrow, suppressing his laughter indiscreetly. He was clearly amused with me.

I sighed, disappointed in my answer. Maybe the professor was wrong... Maybe I'm not ready for this.

"Lucy? I think I'm going to go take a rest. I'm feeling a little tired..." I lied, walking towards my room.

I immediately took out my holophone as soon as I heard the door click behind me. I started rapidly entering the information I had gathered into a separate place.

Notes:
- humans have very different smells, each one smells different
- some humans smell bad
- humans use paper called 'won' to exchange for many items, like food, clothes, technology
- humans have different personalities, and in this way, they are like Exotics
- they are not all attractive, but some have very close resemblance to Exotics
- human food tastes weird, but good
- coffee is disgusting
- the male human species uses something called a 'pickup line' to get the female species to like them
- these pickup lines do not make any sense, and are not clever at all
- humans like to keep animals and attach them to strings called 'leashes'
- it is not okay to release these animals from their respective 'leashes'
- no one on earth has special abilities like those on EXO
- bubble tea is very good, but has a high sugar level

"Daeyang, I'm coming in," Lucy said, pushing open the door. I guess I had been so distracted in my note-taking that I hadn't reacted quick enough.

Her eyes widened. "Whoa! What is that?" she asked, picking up my holophone.

Oh no... "It's..."

"Kai." she read aloud, and instantly I heard his voice.

"Dae, hey I-" he began, before I saw his expression mimic Lucy's.

"Daeyang... What is this? Where did you get it?"

This could take a lot of explaining...

"So... I'm not from Africa."

 

 

Cloudsungie wrote the first part of this, so I'm sorry if the rest is poopy. What do you guys think of Baekhyun? Did you expect his character? Kekeke >:)

AFF FORMATTING IS MESSING ME UP. I KEEP HAVING TO EDIT THIS.

Wow we're actually updating pretty quickly when we should be doing history homework hehe. Thanks for reading ^^ <3