My Roommate is Crazy

Tell Me, Is This Love? [ EDITING ]

Kim Hyosung

I raised an eyebrow at him. I amuse him? What a strangely set of words. Out of a thousand verbs and adjectives, he chooses amuse. Shaking my head, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down to make him sit next to me. "I was trying to watch a series here." I tell him with an annoyed tone. "I was trying to build a friendship here~" He teases, shoving his face up to mine.

I quickly push him away, a blush starting to show up on my cheeks. "There's this thing call personal space!" What's this dude's problem? But, I have to admit, though, I am being a little harsh. And, I'm going to live with him for a while so I have to have a nice relationship with this guy. By relationship I mean, friendship. Yep, friendship. Wow, I'm having an awkward conversation with myself.

Snapping back to reality, I see a confused Chanyeol, waving his hand in front of my face. "You daydreaming or something?" He asks as soon as I shift places. Shaking my head, I cleared my throat. "Not really. Oh, uhh.. what were you saying?" Okay, be friendly this time, Hyosung.

"I was just asking you if I could play a video game..." He says, each word getting inaudible. I give him a small smile and let him play. Chanyeol excitedly got up to start his PS3 once more. "What're you gonna play?" I asked him, getting interested, my inner gamer girl being unleashed. "This funny strategy game." I blink at him. What a genius. "Oh, I mean, Disgaea." He continued, somehow catching my drift as he sees the expression on my face.

"So, uh... Hyosung, would you mind if I give you a nickname?" Chanyeol asks, not looking at me as he reloaded his game. A nickname, huh? I'm not really a fan but, let's give it a shot. "Well, it depends on what name you're going to give me."

"Well, how about Hyo? Or Sungie! I know, I know! Hyohyo!" He excitedly says, his smile growing wider and wider. I laugh at all the nicknames he suggested. What kind of nicknames are those? I must say, though, they are pretty cute!

"If I could call you Channie, you can call me Hyohyo~" I smile sweetly at him. Might as well give the kid what he wants. "Really? Of course you can call me Channie! Wah! you're really cool Hyohyo! I thought you were going to be this insensitive ice queen! I guess I was wrong!" Insensitive ice queen. What a great first impression. I seriously have to be more friendly to people.

But wouldn't that image be so chic? I could use that for my modelling. I might get booked for quite a lot of designers. But, then again, most designers prefer nice models. Sigh, being a model is hard. At least, I enjoy it right?

Realizing that I was talking to myself once again, I turned my attention to Chanyeol's game. It was an easy game. All you had to do was eliminate your oppenent. You could use combo attacks with your allies as well. A little later, I hear Chanyeol humming a tune.

"Hyohyo is my roommie~ And she's really really cool! Hyohyo's my roomie with a gummy smile that's cute!" I face him and chuckle. This guy's crazy, isn't he? Who would've known that this really tall, deep-voiced man was a kid at heart? Unable to control my actions, I pinched his cheek and made an uncommon sound. "Aren't you just so cuuute~?"

Dear lord, am I catching his crazy? Is it airborne? Will my eye twitch like his? WILL I GROW TALLER? ... yeah, I'm going cray cray. "Ahahaha~ Hyohyo thinks Channie is cute! Mission accomplish!" Chanyeol says to himself as he finishes the game. He turns saves, turns off the system then faces me, lifting his long legs up and crossing them. "Next task."

His expression instantly changes. From a wide smile, his mouth becomes straight. His eyes are now visible and he's staring at me intensly. I bite my lip, getting a little scared from serious Channie. "Uh.." Just as I was about to say something, his face turns back to normal - smiley and happy. "I can't pull of being serious." He confesses.

"So, Hyo, do you... have a boyfriend?" He asks me out of the blue. I can see the embarrassed expression on his face. I look away from him for a moment. Do I have a boyfriend? I open my mouth to answer but I am unable to make a sound. What should I tell him? I start to panic as I played with my hands. WHAT DO I SAY?

Trying to calm myself down, I said whatever I could say at that time.

"Nope."

Oh, okay. I guess I really don't have a boyfriend. Well, I guess that is half true?

Chanyeol smiles "I don't have one, too! I mean, I don't have a boyfriend because I'm not attracted to men what I meant was I don't have a girlfriend! But that doesn't mean I... you know what nevermind." He looks down, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, why'd you move here?" He asks another question. What's with the sudden interview? Is he secretly a journalist trying to write his new big headline? "Easy! For my job." I quickly answer with no hesitation. "Why did you move here?" I returned the question to him. "Same reason~"

"Is it my turn to ask a question now?" I gave him my best cute expression. "Of course. Anything for Hyohyo." I calpped my hands and thought of a question. What can I ask this dude? I already know his job, and that he has no girlfriend... what now? Pursing my lips together, the air was now dead.

"I give up. I actually don't have anything to ask." Pouting, I throw my arms up. Chanyeol ruffles my hair. "That's alright. Want to play Cham Cham Cham, instead?" "Sure!" I brightened up. I love Cham Cham Cham. Even though I am a little competitive, heh!

He grabs a pillow and a toy hammer. Not surprised that he has one. He is childish after all. "Kai bai bo!" We played rock-paper-scissors to determine who would go first. Chanyeol won, him picking scissors while I chose paper. "Don't worry, I won't hit hard." He assures me, handing the pillow.

He raises his arm up until my eyes. I nervously held tightly onto the pillow. "Cham Cham Cham!" Chanyeol flicks his hand to my right as I turned my head to the left. My shoulders deflated. I'm safe!

Now it's my turn. "Cham Cham Cham!" His head followed the direction of my hand and I swiftly picked up the toy hammer and hit him on the head. "Ow!" He yelled, rubbing the top of his head. "Why'd you hit so hard? I told you I was going to hit you lightly but you.. ouch!" I smiled apologetically. "Sorry! Force a habit." I ran to the kitchen a grabbed some ice cubes. I placed it on his head and rubbed it around.

"I gues we should stop playing before I give you brain damage." I joked, taking good care of him. "That's probably a good idea." I continued massaging his head with the ice cube, slowly melting and getting his hair wet. I didn't notice Chanyeol's eyes were on me until I locked gazes with him. We stared at each other for a while before I started to wipe my wet hands on him. "We should go sleep. It's past 11 and I have to go somewhere early tomorrow. Can you help me get there?" I ask, trying to break the akward silence between us. "Anything for Hyohyo." He smiles as he stood up.

We went to bed at the same time, facing each other. I guess he's not such a bad guy after all. He's just a little crazy.

I like crazy.