Moving

Tell Me, Is This Love? [ EDITING ]

Kim Hyosung

"That's it~" I smile at Kris, one of my friends, as he takes the suitcase from me. "I'll be right back." I tell him, making my way back into my house, looking for my parents.

I found them in the kitchen, eating their breakfast. Today, however, they seem to be in a sad mood. "Mom? Dad?" I approached the table, sitting on the empty chair between them. "Are you sure about this, sweetie?" My mom asks, looking at me like a lost puppy. "Of course I am, mom. I've got everything planned out. I've paid for my apartment, wrote a map to my workplace, I even fixed my cellphone!" I started elaborating the things I've done, showing them how ready I am to move to Seoul.

"Hyosung..." My dad cut me off, placing his hand on my shoulder. I stopped and looked at him. Take care, alright?" My shoulders deflated and I gave him a small smile. "I will. Don't worry too much, okay? I'll call you everyday!" I assured them and smiled wider.

Standing up, my mom said, "Hurry up. You might get into traffic." She obviously held in her tears. My dad and I stood up at the same time and hugged my mother. "I'll miss you guys." Giving them a kiss on their cheeks, I went outside to where my friends were.

"Ready?" Chen asks. I nodded and he opened the car door for me. "Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Kim! We'll make sure she arrives there safely!" Chen waved at my parents as I entered the car. Kris looks over at me from the driver's seat. "Got everything set?" Giving him a thumbs up, he started the engine.

Seoul, here I come.

A few minutes later, I found myself drooling, my head resting on the window. Wiping the saliva off my cheek, I asked Kris "Are we almost there?" Kris looks up and stares at me from the rear-view mirror. I swear, Kris makes you feel like he hates you when he stares at you like that. "We'll be there in around 10 minutes."

Stretching my arms out, I fix my view on the streets of Seoul. The streets are almost packed by people, rushing to their work places. Not too long from now, I'd be joining that crowd.

A little later, I find myself dozing off again. I forced myself to stay awake as I hit my forehead several times. "Woah. Are you okay, Hyo?" Chen asks, looking at me with a worried expression on his face. "I'm fine!" I smiled and laughed. Hitting the brakes, Kris looks at us and says "We're here."

Taking a deep breath, I excitedly got out of the car and breathed the not-so-fresh air of the city. "Come on, Hyosung." Kris drags me over to the lobby of the apartment building, my large suitcase on his free hand.

I went over to the counter alone, telling Kris and Chen to sit at the small cafe inside with my luggage.

"Good Morning, ma'am. How may I help you?" A young man bowed. Smiling, I replied, "Ah, yes, I rented a place here? Name's Kim Hyosung." Checking the computer, the young man never let go of his smile. But, that smile soon faded as he looked at me then, at his colleague.

Oh, shoot. Something's wrong. I nervously played with my fingers as I waited for the man to come back. "Excuse me, miss Kim? I'm sorry but, we seem to have a problem." A different man informed me. Probably the superior of the previous one. "There's already a person living in that room." He says. "Can't I get a similar place, then?" I ask, hoping for some mircale to happen.

"We're truly sorry but, our building's packed." Bowing, he apologizes. Sensing a problem, Kris comes over to me and asks "What happened?" Before the concierge could speak, I tell him "There's someone living in my apartment." Kris, then, looks at the man with his peircing eyes. "Just when did this person come in?" He asks, gritting his teeth.

Nervously looking through the data, the man answers "4 hours ago." Kris nods and changes his direction to me. "What's your room number?" Quickly remembering, I mutter "842" He nods once more and said, in a demanding tone, "We'd like to visit this man. And come into terms with him." "Oh, ah.. sure." The concierge looked like he was about pee.  Good Job, Kris!

Arriving at the 8th floor, The man lead my to a single door to the right of the elevators. I persuaded Kris to let me handle this by myself. While Chen.. well, Chen was just there, taking care of my bags.

I leaned on the wall beside the door, waiting for the person to open it. Sighing, I rang the doorbell once more. What's taking so long?

 

Park Chanyeol

Grunting, I slowly got out off bed. The neverending sound of the doorbell woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and approached the door, not caring about my appearance. Cautiously opening it, I find the person from the lobby waiting outside. "May I help you?"

"Mr. Park, there seems to be a problem." He nervously says. Clearing my throat, I leaned my face closer to him. "What was that?" I asked. "Well, uh.. you see..." Finding the right words, this guy took a really long time to explain. "Just say it." I raised my voice, annoyed. "There's someone who rented this apartment."

I raise an eyebrow. What is he saying? I just rented this a while ago. "Excuse me?" Just then, a figure appeared from behind him. "Look, I need a place to stay and..." She stopped and eyed me from head to toe. Probably surprised at how tall I am.

"You were saying?" I urged her to continue. "Oh.. I need somewhere to stay while I'm here in Seoul and this is the only place I can afford." She explains. The only place she can afford? This is like, one of the biggest apartments out there. Not to mention the price is unreasonable.

Getting an idea, I rubbed my hands together and smiled. "Why don't we share the apartment. I mean, it is big enough for two people. We can just split the cost of the bills." I suggested, waiting for the woman to respond. "Wait, I have to live with you? Really?" She made a face, not happy by the sound of it.

Shrugging, I shook my head at her. "It's your loss, sweetheart." Biting her lip, she had no choice but to agree. "Fine." She crossed her arms and started walking away. "Where are you going?" I ask, peeking from the side of the door. She stops and looks back "To get my stuff!"

Chuckling, I head back to my room. "So, it's settled, then?" The man asks. I'm surprised he's still there. "It is. Now let me sleep." He nods and closes the door, leaving me at peace once more.

 

Kim Hyosung

I make my way out of the elevators and looked for my friends. "Well?" Kris looks at me expectantly as he stood up from the chair. Giving him a smile, I say "I'm going to live here!" Kris' smile now appears again. "That's great! But.. how?" He can't help but ask. I shook my head and took one of my bags. "I have my ways." Chen chuckles as he handed me another bag.

"I can manage from here." I say and gave both of them a hug. "I'll miss you!" I waved at them as they drove back to our hometown.

"Here are your keys." The man appeared once more, giving me the keys to my... our place. "Thanks. Uhm.. would you please help me with my bags?" He nodded and we rode the elevator once more.

Reaching the door, I hesitated to open it with my keys but ended up doing so. It is partly mine, after all. Bowing at the man, I thanked him for all his help.

Once I got all my bags inside, I looked for the guy living here. I never asked for his name. I guess it's time to find out. As I walk into a room, I see a man on the bed with only his shorts on. No blanket to cover his long legs.

Shaking my head, I crossed my arms and approached him

I am going to regret this.