A New Group

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ

 

It can’t be helped that procrastination is embedded within me… so here goes another update that will be hopefully through people looking it be worth it.

 

K-Arts University – 3:00 pm

 

Taemin’s POV

 

Just finished classes and now am heading to get my midterms from the composition department. The school and SM made an agreement when I joined the school that I would get to pick up my reports when I can from the composition department which is the only one of my major that has a formal office. Anyways I reached the office and saw a sign on the main desk that said that the receptionist would be back in ten minutes. I sat down on one of the chairs and took out my IPod and put it on shuffle, the song that started to play brought back memories. I sat back in my seat and relaxed listening to the music. Remembering the times associated with it when a person entered the room. She wore glasses and had her hair in a messy bun, so she looked like a noona. She looked towards the desk and realizing that no one was there sat down on the seat next to me. I guess she didn’t realize who she was sitting next to or didn’t recognize me. She wasn’t wearing anything to fashionable but still looks pretty.

 

The receptionist came into the room and saw us two sitting. She motioned for the girl to come to the desk. I took out one of my headphone and stopped the music. Meaning I was trying to give of the impression I was listening to the music.

 

“Ah neh, professor Min said that I can pick up my composition from here since she was done looking at it,” said the girl.

 

“Ah yeh, Soomin sshi cre… yes she mentioned it. Here is your song. She wanted me to pass on her remarks. She thought you did a great job.”

 

“Ah chinchayo… kamsamidha,” she said and bowed.

 

“No problem dear, having a good day.”

 

She bowed to the receptionist and left the office. I stared after her for a bit then snapped out of it when the receptionist cleared .

 

“Lee Taemin sshi, you have a report to pick up I assume.”

 

“Ah neh,” I picked up my report and bowed to the receptionist. On my way out of the office I looked back at the place I was sitting and something shine caught my eye. I walked over to the seat and saw an earring flashing against the light. I realized that it belonged to Soomin sshi. I asked the receptionist for her number saying that she lost something and an envelope to keep the number and her earring. The receptionist looked at me with a creepy smile but gave me what I asked for. With that settled a walked to the front entrance calling driver hyung on the way. Seriously I need to get my license as soon as possible.

 

Receptionist’s POV

 

Ah… young love… too good

 

Studio near CJ&EM – 3:30 pm

 

Yongwha’s POV

 

“Hello oppa, long time no see.”

 

“Yes it has been a while, Shinhye sshi looks good.”

 

“Well, you look great for someone who has been in the military.”

 

“Ah, yeh... well…”

 

The door opened and the director-nim and Hyunjoong hyung walked in.

 

“Ok,” said the director, everyone take a seat.

 

We all sat down, with Shinhye ah sitting in between us.

 

“Ok guys, congratulations for passing the audition. I have the scripts with me today so take a look at them now and we will get started with rehearsals from next week. We just need your contact numbers in case of any change in plan or if we need to contact you.” We each gave him our cellphone numbers and e-mails.

 

“Ok that’s it for today. Don’t forget your scripts on the way out and I will see you next week.”

We got up from our seats and headed outside the door. Once outside Shinhye ah turned to the both of us.

 

“Annyeong oppas, I’ll see you next week.”

 

“Arrasso Shinhye sshi, annyeong.” We both bowed to her and she left.

 

“So hyung how have things been going?”

 

“they have been going good… you just got out of the army last week, am I right.”

 

“Neh”

 

“I see, well I have to get going I’ll see you next week.”

 

“Arrasso hyung, Annyeong”…

 

Hongdae University – 4:00 pm

 

Navedita’s POV

 

I just finished my classes for the day and headed to YG for mid-afternoon training. I reached in a matter of ten minutes. Luckily the distance between school and YG was a matter of one subway stop and a bit of walking. It’s better than the distance between home and YG which is an hour. Actually, I use to live nearby when I lived with my grandparents and that is what is still on my file. Only YG saem knows that I moved and as long as I am not late for training he doesn’t mind. I would have started to drive but I don’t have a lot of money yet, and have to pay rent with the money my parents give me. Luckily it is only a matter of four months then our group will debut and I will be able to become more independent and not live of my parents’ money.

 

I entered the training room set out for us. Two years ago they extended the building a bit since they wanted to keep the trainees from the groups since the groups have irregular practice times and it would interfere. It was 2ne1 who was jumping for joy the most. So now that we are about to debut they have since two months switched us to a permanent practice room. I reached the practice room and Hyesung backpack was sitting there and CL was sitting beside it, probably guarding it.

 

“Hey CL-ah.”

 

“Oh hey Navedita-ie, what’s up?”

 

“Not much really, just got out of school so kinda tired but it’s important to have a backup.”

 

“It sure is.”

 

“Well I think you are luckily that you have a degree in international languages.”

 

“Well it was easy since I knew English and French, and learned Japanese after becoming an idol. But hey you also know English, and Hindi, along with Korean. I think that is impressive.”

 

“Well what can I say, I learned Korean from my dad and Hindi from my mom. It’s not like I traveled or anything, well except coming here to Seoul from the states.”

 

“Yup, oh yah, YG saem will be coming to today’s practice.”

 

“Chincha, well then I might as well start practicing. Can you play a song from the dance playlist?”

 

“Sure thing, besides you guys won’t be working on vocals till the rest of the group gets here.”

 

“Well Hyesung’s backpack is there, so she is around somewhere in the building right.”

 

“Yup that’s right.”

 

“Ok, where are the guys.”

 

“Well Taehee oppa will be here by five according to his schedule he has to make up a test.”

 

“And Yoonhyun ah?”

 

“He just texted in that he would be here soon.”

 

“Ah, cre… ok start the music, I’ll do one song, don’t want to tire myself out before vocal practice.”

 

The song started to play…

 

“Hey CL- ah… come and do this one with me.”

 

And that’s how a person who walked in a minute later found them… dancing like the queens of the world.

 

G-Dragon’s POV

 

I walked towards the new group’s practice room. I came a bit closer to the room and heard 2ne1 blasting out from the room. I walked in and once again stopped in my track. Aish seriously this girl has a way of making me freeze up randomly.

 

Anyways what I walked in to see was CL and her dancing to I Am The Best. They were dancing with great expressions on their faces. Basically it was smooth yet strong dancing on Navedita’s part and CL being her normal self. The song finishing also allowed them catch me in the mirror and look embarrassed.

 

“Don’t worry about it, you guys did a great job.”

 

“Thanks oppa/sunbae they both said at the same time.”

 

“Hey oppa,” said CL. “let me introduce you to my new friend Navedita-ie.”

 

“Aish CL-ah we already met this morning.”

 

“You guys are speaking without honorifics. You guys are the same age?”

 

“Yup Navedita here is after debut going to be part of the 91 line club. I haven’t mentioned anything to Key about you yet. It will be better to have a surprise.”

 

“Oh ok CL-ah.”

 

We started to get into random talking where I found out that while I was abroad over the last year was when Navedita was to become leader of the new group, and that she has been living in Korea since she was 14 and before then has been living in New York. I was about to ask her about her parents when the door opened and the rest of her members came in. they bowed to us and sat down on the bench. Navedita went to sit next to them and they started to get into a discussion. Looking at them I can see their teamwork showing which makes me happy since it is needed to me a great group. I was pondering over that when YG saem along with some people in the YG family. Probably the ones that could make it to today’s meeting. From the corner of my eye I can see the new soon to be group getting a bit frightened, but surprising the leader looked calm.

 

We all sat down and YG hyung stood up to speak…

 

“Ok I called everyone here today to introduce you guys today to our new group and get your input on a very important topic: their group name.”

 

“Ok starting with the oldest I would like to introduce you to Choi Taehee,” he took a pause so that Taehee could bow.

 

“Then after him we have Kwon Navedita, our group’s leader,” Navedita sshi bowed at this point.

 

“then we have Park Hyesung and the maknae Park Yoon Hyun” they both bowed at the same time. It was at that point I saw the bit of resemblance between them, I guess they are cousins.

 

“Ok now I want each member to introduce themselves, I sent an e-mail around for you guys to create a stage name for yourselves. So now I want you to use for the first time. We will switch up the order this time. The maknae first then the leader last”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Yeongha immida.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo H-min immida.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Tai immida.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Nikki immida.”

 

“Great stage names everyone. All very cool. Now I want to create your groups name and make you guys official. So any suggestions everyone.”

 

“Starlight.”

 

“Mercury.”

 

“Cool guys.”

 

“Ok, ok one at a time people, and who’s the one who said Cool Guys.” Seungri put up his hand sheepishly.

 

“I would have expected better from the guy named V.I.”

 

“Sorry saem.”

 

“Anyways, how about we ask the leaders their opinion? Starting with our youngest leader CL.”

 

“Well I am not the youngest leader anymore since Nikki is five months younger than me, but I think five spades.”

 

“Cool names but there are a lot of group using card terms right now, how about you Jiyoung-ah?”

 

“Ok, I think this will work Crazy Instinct.” I said. A moment of silence followed my suggestion with YG hyung going into deep thoughts…

 

“Ok. I think that will work. From today on you guys are Crazy Instinct. It’s perfect for a group like you guys, different from the rest.”

 

The new group huddled together and then broke apart. It was Nikki who spoke out, “I think it’s perfect”…

 

Ok I think that a good enough update for now. Stay tuned for more.