Winds of Change

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ ①⑨

 

The next day…

Mina's home- 7:30 am

Mina's POV

I woke up around half an hour ago and now am sitting here eating breakfast with eemonim. Since she came back I decided to make her favourite Kimchi Jigjhae (Kimchi Stew) this morning.

"I'm finished" I said and put my dishes in the sink. We cleaned up and left the house together. Since FNC is around half an hour from here by subway we need to leave now. If we drive it will just take longer because it is almost so the roads will be congested.

We walked to Yangjae station and sat down. we made the switch at the express bus terminal after a couple of stops and took the next subway straight to FNC.

"Eemonim, do you think they will like my compositions. I mean I am nowhere near as good as Appa."

"there is a difference between you and your Appa. Your Appa is what he was and you are what you are. You shouldn't compare yourself to him because you are good in your own way. They will like them."

"arrasso, but still I very nervous."

"at this point I something that my Omma told me (before I started to take care of you) comes to mind. Do you want to hear what she said?"

I nodded my head, eager to listen.

"she told me this"…

 

Flashback

 

Hyelim's POV

I still remember the memorial hall at the hospital. The pictures of Unnie and Hyungbo were at the altar. We just arrived that day and saw Mina sitting there lifelessly looking at the pictures the hospital staff were giving her pitying looks. Omma ran up to Mina and gathered her in her arms. Mina didn't respond and just continued to stare at the picture. Since Omma was taking care of Mina I was taking care of the formalities. Me and Hyungbo's college Professor Min were taking care of the food preparations. Many people who knew Unnie and Hyungbo came and gave condolences. After the memorial we went to their home and we put Mina to sleep. After I decided to say my decision to Omma.

"Omma, Mina needs support right now. But we can't make her move back with us to Daegu (Mina's Omma's Hometown). And both of us can't stay here also. I will be studying here in Seoul anyways starting next year. Let me stay here and take care of Mina. I know that I am only 17 but I am responsible. I will take up a job here also. Please support me in my decision."

"I actually knew you were bound to make a decision like this. But just remember and it probably took a a lot of courage to make a decision like this. Just remember one thing, don't regret this decision. It won't just hurt you but also that girl sleeping upstairs right now. Since you have taken the decision, make sure that you follow it through till the end and don't give up half way. Arrasso?"

"Deh Omma, I promise."

 

Flashback ends

 

Mina's POV

"so don't regret the decision you have made to how them your work. This is just the beginning, there is still a long road ahead. Oh we are here lets get off"

We got of the subway and started walking toward FNC Entertainment. I thought of what Eemonim said. This is just the beginning. If I falter now then it will over before it even began. Arrasso. Lets do this. Soomin Hwighting!!!

 

FNC Entertainment Conference room - 8:00 am

Yongwha's POV

"after this meeting today we will arrange the final track list for the drama and set of recording times, arrasso." said Woohyun hyung

"deh" I replied.

We were waiting in the conference room where we also had the other composers who are part of the absolute project and the director of absolute boyfriend. We are just waiting on Hongki, the president and Soomin sshi.

"Annyeonghaseyo. How are you today." I looked up and it was the president, behind him was Hongki.

"sorry we are a bit late. I had to talk to Hongki here about Ft Island's comeback. Anyways is everyone here?"

"we are just waiting on the composer I talked to you about." said Woohyun hyung

Just then there was a knock on the door and a person walked in. it was Soomin sshi and behind her Hyelim sshi.

"jeusumidha I am late. Annyeonghaseyo Nam Soomin immida."

"gwenchesmidha (It's Ok (Formal)). Please sit down."

Once they both sat down the president began the meeting,

"ok I'm glad everyone could make it to this meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to finalize the track list before we starting recording. We also need to have the title song set in this meeting and record it. I have heard that the band we just scouted has a recommended composer who we have invited to this meeting. Nam Soomin thank you for coming to this meeting. We will take a look at her songs with our FNC unofficial panel of judges, Hongki, Yongwha and myself will judge her work and see if will be used. if so then she will sign a contract with us for 3 months. So first lets take a look at what songs our composers here at the company have brought to the table."

The meeting progressed as the composers showed us the stuff they have for this drama. We decided that CNBLUE will do one song. I will do a duet with Hongki and Juniel will participate in the OST. We also have Shin Hye sshi wose song we have decided. Now for Eunhye's, Hyunjoong's, and S.D.N.A.'s songs. The stuff that the composers don't really suit their voices and style according to me, Hongki thinks that there should be a guy girl duet and another guy solo.

"Hmm… you have some good stuff here but I have to agree with our leaders that they don't fit the voices we are working with. Maybe Soomin sshi has something we can use.

"Ah yeh, just a minute." She took her bag from behind her and took out her laptop and a binder. She flipped through the binder and took out a couple of songs. She them opened her laptop too off her necklace. I didn't notice this but her necklace had a couple of keys on it as well as a junk drive.

"I think what Hongki sshi said is right. that since this is a romantic drama one of the OST songs has to be a duet. And also Eunhye sshi's voice is best suited for duets like she did with Yoon Sang Hyun in My Fair Lady."

"See I was right. anyways do you have a duet song prepared Soomin sshi."

"yeh. The title is Within Our Hearts . I wrote this when I was in high school, around 4 years ago. At that time I just wrote it for fun but later I decided to keep it for some reason I don't know till now. Maybe it was meant for this drama, here you can take I look," she said and handed it to Hongki.

Hongki looked over it at first pretty quickly but then stopped and went back then took his time. He actually seemed impressed.

"this is actually pretty good. And you wrote this in high school. You probably were having your first crush around that time. Right?"

"actually I wrote this when my friend told me he had a crush on someone and described it.  To be honest I have never in love. I just know love through other people's experiences."

"Chincha. Was the person I guy or a girl?"

"he is was my sunbae in high school."

"here President sir take a look, maybe you will see what I am seeing."

The president also did a double take after reading it half way.

"I think I see what Hongki is talking about, Yongwha take a look."

I took the sheet music and looked over it . At first it seems like it is all from the girls point of view but once you get to the chorus  you have to take a double take because it was switching between the guy and the girl from the beginning.

"hmm I see what you guys mean. So Soomin sshi can we hear this , how about just the chorus." I said to her

"umm deh, but I can't pull of the guys voice."

"I'll do it than Soomin sshi." Hongki spoke. Man the guy is always faster than me by two seconds.

"arrasso. Let's hear it."

 

So while a gather my courage I hope and hope

That it's me she wants like also want her

Trying to bring out the strength hidden deep within me 

Trying to say what I should have said long ago ~

That it's always has been you

 

They all clapped while I felt like running out of the room, it has been a long time since I sang in front of anyone but eemonim and halmonei. And that was two years ago when I had to sing my composition at the audition to get into K-Arts

"I like it, we will use it. Now for the band, do you have something."

"well I have a song I made while watching Absolute Boyfriend the Japanese version."

"what I coincidence, I not sure if you know but we are creating the Korean version. Why don't show us your song."

"well I recorded it with unnie only, but she doesn't know that I recorded it. I guess here goes nothing."

She clicked a button on her laptop.

 

"hey unnie, can you play this out for me, its an assignment for school, I need to hear how it sounds."

"but don't you have a piano that you can use."

"well I think it would sound better with guitar, plus I am still learning how to play the guitar from you, so can you. Do I have to do aeygo???"

"arrasso, if a see your aeygo this late at night I won't be able to sleep."

"alright play, and sing also"

"arrasso."

"use the acoustic"

"Deh Mina."

 

Well I just of bed, just a normal day

Put on some tight jeans cause I feel like it.

unless you have something to say

Cause it seem that you been running around

Dreaming, thinking that I am going to make you stay

But the truth is that its over, its too late, its gone ~

 

Because now I have someone new, someone deep in my heart

Taking over the place, the place you once held hard

Because you had to walk away, leave me in despair

That's ok Because now I am, I brand new girl today

 

The thing is that I thought you were perfect

That nothing would ever go wrong

That what you have been hiding, you let me on someday

But that is a different time, and the past can never be present

Because what it once lost can never be found ~

 

Because now I have someone new, someone deep in my heart

Taking over the place, the place you once held hard

Because you had to walk away, leave me in despair

That's ok Because now I am, I brand new girl today

 

(Rap) They always say that it’s the ones you love that hurt you the most

Tear you up and rip you up and turn into dust

But how come he doesn't do that, how come he isn't like you

A guess there is an exception for every rule made

Cause now that person I have is nothing like you

The person that made me happy that now makes me sad

Does he not know that he breaks things apart

And now comes running back. Trying to make a new start

 

Because now I have someone new, someone deep in my heart

Taking over the place, the place you once held hard

Because you had to walk away, leave me in despair

That's ok Because now I am, I brand new girl today

 

Oh~oh a brand new girl today

Uh yeah a brand new girl today

Because know I am. A brand new girl today.

 

Mina's POV

"That the song. The rap is actually split into a guy and a girl rap. In S.D.N.A. Chaekyung-ah can rap as well as Kwunghee. While the chorus can be sung by all of them the versus can go back and forth between the two main lead singer Nana unnie and unnie."

"I am impressed. You have great songs here. Both very unique. How old are you if you don't mind me asking" asked the president

"I am 23 born in 93'"

"Chincha… I wouldn’t have believed that. You look quite young."

"Kamsamidha for that compliment."

"well what do you think of my niece"

"well I say let's take her in." said Hongki sshi

"I second that notion" said Yongwha sshi. He was giving me a weird look. I didn't think much about it and waited for the last person who would decide if FNC Entertainment is the company I start my composing career with.

"I say yes. Soomin sshi and Hyelim sshi can come upstairs with me to sign the contract. The songs you have shown us will be a part of the OST. In fact your second song I think is perfect for the title track so we need to get that recorded by Friday. Can you clear up time this week. Also give Woohyun here your contact number to let you know when we set the recording time… actually lets discuss the rest of the details in my office, there is a lot. Yongwha I guess you have no schedule today so go home and rest. Tomorrow come fresh and we will have set the recording schedule my then."

With that we followed the president to his office. He had a contract prepared so all I had to do was look through it and make sure it was fair. Eemonim also looked through it once before approving. As a legal guardian she has to be here.

I took a deep breath and finally signed the contract. My career as a composer has officially started.

 

YG Entertainment - 9:00 am

Nikki's POV

Me and the group just reached YG. This morning was a different experience. The sunbaes told me last night that now as the leader I would be the facilitator of schedules. In fact after that broke I got a call of YG Saem that he sent me the group's schedules. We were to have practice training this morning till noon. After that we have a meeting with the producer for our first album (GD sunbae) and set the recording times. After that meeting the group gets to go back to the dorm while I had practice with GD Sunbae. For what I do not know yet. I was told that GD would explain all the details.

So I had to wake up two hours before we were supposed to set off so that I could wake up the members and make sure we are on time. Luckily my grandmother's special hangover soup recipe helped the guys become ok and we were able to make it here on time.

We went to our practice room and saw CL and Bom unnie waiting there.

"nice job leader nim" made it here right on time. We are supposed to start of your training this morning. It will go like this  C.I. I'm just gonna call you guys that cause saying your group name over and over again will tire you and me out."

"anyways Bom unnie. First we are gonna warm up with that mix that I will play. They will be your sunbaes songs and they will change quickly. This will test your instinct that reflexes. Then we have rap practice with me for our rappers and vocal practice with Bom for the vocals. After that we break and then your meeting GD oppa for the album and recording of it. So lets begin."

She went to the stereo system in the corner and put in a CD she had in her pocket. The music blasted out.

"ok start"

We got into positions and danced and lip-synced with the songs. They quickly changed and it was difficult but since our sunbaes are also our idols we got into sync quickly and danced the songs like we know them to be.

After fifteen minutes of random play Bom unnie turned off the CD and we collapsed on the floor.

"that was wicked. Its like that variety show… what was it Noona?" Yoonhyun asked Hyesung

"your mean weekly idol. Man If we were ever to go on that show we would rule." said Hyesung

"and don't worry, that is one of the scheduled activities we have planned for you. This was to test your ability to perform well on that show." said CL

"ok that was good… five minutes then each of you will do solo songs. The list of songs I have on the CD are here. Pick on an create a routine. The person who does this well will be officially considered the group's lead dancer."

 

She placed a paper in front of us and walked to the door.

"I'll be back in ten minutes with your judges. Big Bang's main dancer and 2ne1's dance queen" said Bom

"she will also have a bite of corn before she gets back here." said CL smiling at us "ok get down to it"

All four of us went looked at the list. The song I wanted to dance was on it but I wanted to challenge myself so I picked a different song. Then I went to the mirror and imagined how it would play out. Then I started to move. Playing the song in my head…

 

Fifteen Minutes Later…

 

Minzy's POV

I was called down by CL unnie to help judge the new group. She said that since I have nothing better to do. She is right and wrong in some aspects. Right that currently I have nothing better to do but at noon I have my first class at K-Arts so I need to head there later.

So right now I am sitting here in Crazy Instinct's practice room ready to judge their short performances that will help us decide who will be the lead dancer of the group. My other co judges are Seungri and Taeyang sitting on my right and left. CL said that she didn't want to be partial to one of the dancers in Big Bang so she brought both. Plus we needed an odd number of judges.

"Ok we will go oldest to youngest so Taehee goes first." said Bom unnie.

he went up in front of us. He turned to CL unnie and said,  "Alright play track two"

CL unnie started up the song and Taehee oppa started to move. The song choice was interesting, it was  Take You Down by Chris Brown. His moves had flow for sure. His style… definitely lyrical. I can see Seungri oppa's smile as he is watching the performance. While I was in the states I got to see Chris Brown perform this live, and looking at Taehee sshi right now gives off a unique aura. He finished with a bow and thanks then went back to his seat.

"alright next is the leader Kwon Nikki come to the center."

Nikki unnie made her way to the front and bowed to us.

"CL-ah track 6"

"You sure Nikki-ah, it kinda isn't your style."

What's the big deal about track 6, what am I missing out on here??

"Don't worry CL-ah, you know I like a bit of a challenge plus I had an inspiration recently."

"Ok, if you say so."

CL unnie put in the song requested and it started to play. It was an interesting choice for sure, I am even surprised that its even on the list but it has been a year since I have been gone so who knows what music unnie has been exposed to since then.

Nikki unnie on the other hand pretty much ruled the song. She did it lyrical as well. It was a unique choice. After she finished she sat down and Hyesung came to the centre. She picked Where Have You been by Rihanna. She also did a good job but it shows that singing is more of her strong suit. But she could put up good competition against the older members with her popping. Lastly it was the maknae who is the same age as me. he said which track he wanted and it started playing. A sense of nostalgia came over me as the song played it was thriller my Michael Jackson. I remember when I danced it. It was a special Halloween collaboration at that time and I got to do it with other idols from different companies like Kikwang oppa, Wooyoung oppa, Chansung oppa, and Taemin oppa. They were really fun to work with and as a newbie working with such awesome dancers was an amazing experience. I wish that would get to have that type of experience sometime soon. Anyways back to judging.

"Ok I have made my decision, how about the oppas?"

"Yup we are also set."

He went to a corner and talked about who we thought was the best one to represent the group's dancing image. Strangely we all thought it should be the same person.

"Ok," said Taeyang, "our decision has been made and we have decided that Yoonhyun  will be the main dancer of Crazy Instinct.  He has the smoothness that a dancer needs plus incorporating funky beats into his  moves made the whole dance rock.

The Crazy Instinct members cheered and crowded the maknae. Giving him high fives and hugs.

"OK"

 "But just to let you know your leader did come in a close second. Her choice was unique as well she did it like a proper diva. So I guess we have another diva in YG. Like two weren't hard enough to handle… ouch you didn't have to hit that hard" Taeyang said as CL slugged him in the arm.

"It's better if there is one more. Then I don't have to deal with GD oppa alone."

"You guys are GD hyung isn't here to hear this"

"And what isn't GD hyung not supposed to hear" and we all turn to see YG's top male diva standing at the door, looking well like a diva…

 

Kyunghee University - 10:30 am

Sunmi's POV

I woke up after Mina and Eemonim left and had a quick breakfast. I hoped as  I was riding to the subway station that Mina's meeting goes well. I also hoped that my personal interaction with Hyungjoon oppa. Yes you heard me oppa. But unfortunately the only time you will hear me say that is in my thoughts. Anyways, he is bound to recognize me sooner or later, especially if he meets unnie again. Which hopefully does not happen soon.

Ok, I reached station and held my skateboard in my hands and went down the stairs.. It won't take me too long to reach school. And I can probably meet the guys before class. I had a major midterm assignment due today that I was finalizing last night after I came home from the party. Once I got on the subway my thoughts started to relax. This is one of my favourite parts of living in a metropolitan city. Going on the subway and watching all these people come and go. Some have to be there in a rush, others take their time and like me enjoy the ride. Sometimes you meet very interesting people on the subway. 15 years ago on a subway line like this was the first time I saw him. I was barely five years old. Omma and Appa were still together at the time, they decided to take us to the amusement park. I was sitting next to unnie when a guy came in, barely a teenager at the time, but something about him stood out. I later realized what that was when I met him the next time. The one thing that stuck with me during that period was the way his eyes looked, full of dreams. It was that look that inspired me into taking secret guitar lessons with my friends oppa. It was what basically kept my passion for guitar alive after my parents divorced and we moved out of Seoul.

Now he is in front of me again and surely if he recognizes unnie, it will be a two-step to figuring out who I really am, and what I said to him all those years ago….

 

SM Entertainment - 11:00 am

Onew's POV

I was in the booth doing what I do best, Sing. Currently I am recording my solo track, when I got introduced to a few songs from which I was to choose which one would be my solo track this one stood out. The song was written by a new comer who had been writing songs for smaller groups. The song itself has an old time feel which I love and the music has a slight ballad rock and roll style that I have never done in an official album. So it is a great change and a new thing I can present to my fans.

"Ok take five, Great Job Onew sshi. We just need to add the adlibs and background vocal before we start mixing."

"Great, ill be in the Caf if u need me."

 

I walked out of the recording studio and went towards the coffee machine. After getting a decaf I sat down and relaxed.

 

"Fancy meeting you here, I guess the rumors of a comeback are true."

I looked up and saw IU sshi standing in front of me. I gestured  her to sit down.

"Annyeonghaseyo Oppa, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, just busy with comeback prep as you guessed and adjusting back to normal life."

"does that also mean finding a girlfriend"

"Nah… haven't got the time for such commitments."

"Trust me when I say this but when you find that special someone, time will be made."

"like you and Wooyoung-ah, I still can't believe you are dating someone my age."

"well what to say, it was just meant to be. one day you will understand that."

"I guess, anyways what are you doing here?"

"oh I am waiting for Luna to arrive, I was going to give her a ride to school."

"oh, where do you go again?"

"funny you should be asking that, I go to K-Arts, just like Taemin sshi…"

 

As soon as she said that thoughts came running in my head and I stopped listening to her,

"no problem, so why were you in the composition department that day, if I may ask."

"the professor borrow my midterm composition, she said she wanted to do something with it."

"oh by the way I think I remember where I have seen you, you go to K-Arts right."

"… And we were going to head to school to practice before the auditions."

 

"Sorry, I didn't hear what you were saying."

"oh its just that there is going to be a Summer musical and me and Luna were going to audition after getting permission from our agencies which came through. Both of us are currently not busy. Plus the cool thing is that they picked a Script written by someone in our batch. ."

"I see, well I have to go back to the recording studio. I will catch up with you later."

"Of course you will. Wooyoung Oppa wanted me to pass on a message to all the 89'er Idols I see today. They are having a dinner party next week Friday I won't be there because it’s the day of the audition but still don't forget or Wooyoung Oppa will get mad at me."

"I don't have anything planned on that day," I say as I check my schedule on my Phone. "Let Wooyoung know I'll be there, get it?"

"this is one of the things I missed these past couple you years, you and your Onew sangtae, well I am still a Taeyang fangirl so I get it. And do let me know first when you finally find your Dream Girl, ill mention Your Name to Wooyoung, and tell Everybody I said Hello."

"Four references in one sentence, a new record in my books."

"Very funny, well there is Luna," I turn around and see Luna walk towards us.

She gets up and walks towards Luna and they head for the Elevators, probably to the parking garage.

 

I head back to the recording studio. We finish the song and I sit there while the mixing takes place. The mixing finishes and I am told that the other songs will be reviews before being produced next week, and the choreographers have the routine in place for our Music vids and stage performances. Till then we have time off. I say good bye and my thanks to everyone. The second most happiest person (at least he should be) the writer of this song seemed agitated so I let him be.

 

Flashback

 

Seoul Docks- 6:00pm

3rd person POV

The three men got up and left. The middle aged picked up the phone which was constantly vibrating in his pocket.

"Yoboseyo!!!" he shouted at the person.

"They are not extending the time. The writer doesn't have a spouse… good... did you check the license... there isn't one... good. if there isn't one then we will go ahead with the song. But make sure there isn't one. I do not want trouble later, with both the license and the spouse issue."

"Arrasso, it must have been someone trying to scare us into thinking that the song had complications. Well I have to go back to work tomorrow then and make up an excuse as to why I came back earlier than expected. Hopefully they haven't changed the singer's schedule. I will call their manager and find out. Hopefully if we finish recording then once the song has been produced then I will get the rest of the contract money and will be able to breathe"…