Surpising Events

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ ①②

 

Here is an update for you guys. Enjoy exams are coming up so this won’t happen very often.

 

The Next Day…

 

Downtown Cafe - 7:00 am

 

Sunmi's POV

 

I just here at the cafe as unnie was opening. You are probably wondering where our parents are. Well they got divorced when i was eight and since they both couldn't decide who out of us two they wanted to live with them they left us with our grandparents. Since then unnie started working in a cafe we use to live nearby and earn money so that we wouldn't be burdens on our grandparents and three years when unnie became an adult we moved out of our grandparents’ house and rented a small apartment for us. Unnie never finished high school, which is why she puts so much emphasis on me studying so that one of us having a degree.

 

It was also three years ago when our mother got back into contact with us. She had remarried and wanted us to be a part of her life again. At first we were all for it but then I overheard my mother talk about unnie's cafe to that man. At that time unnie thanks to her friends’ contribution and a small loan from the bank was able to start a cafe of her own. It became successful due her friends being very influential and me telling my friends at school about it. It turns out that the man who my ommoniem married was a bankrupt business man and she thought if she got back into our lives she could get some money from unnie. I foiled her plan and since then she has been still trying. She even tried to get custody of me but failed when unnie proved that she was capable of taking care of me.

 

Luckily unnie was the one who won my custody or else who know what would have happened. Anyways me and unnie don't live together since she lives with roommates so when I gathered enough money from working in unnie's cafe i moved in with Mina who was looking for roommates. Anyways every weekend I work in unnie's cafe to earn some pocket money and pay for monthly expenses.

 

I walked in as unnie was turning on the lights.

 

"Annyeong unnie, how are you?"

 

"I'm good Sunmi. How about you? Ready for tonight?"

 

"You know it. The band members will be here at 3 for rehearsal. We go on at 6, right?"

 

"Yes you do. And don't worry your roommates will have their reserved spot set up. Arrasso?"

 

"Neh unnie. I'll start setting up"...

 

SM Entertainment – 8:00 am

 

Key’s POV

 

Me and the guys just reached SM when Taemin jumped out and ran inside. What’s gotten into him? Usually he is the last one out the car. I got out of the passenger seat while Onew hyung turned off the car and put the keys in his pocket. He popped the trunk and we took out our bags and went inside, me having to grab Taemin’s since he rushed off. Once inside we saw Taemin talking to the receptionist and the receptionist noona looking at Taemin like a total fan girl and nodding to everything Taemin was saying. Yah! This punk ran inside to talk to flirt. Umma mode in action I walked up to them while Onew hyung followed behind me…

 

“Ok Taemin sshi, it will be done, 8:30 right?” the reception was saying.

 

“Yah, you punk you ran inside to set a date with Receptionist noona… here hold your bag. Seriously, you are getting to be more of a handful every year since you turned 20.” I started scolding him.

 

“Hyung, then why did you not say anything in the past three years then???” Taemin replied trying to use aeygo on me.

 

“Try to act cute,”

 

“Yah you guys stop right now… lets go to practice,” said Onew hyung

 

“Arrasso hyung,” me and Taemin said in reply.

We walked down to our practice room which we are sharing with EXO-K. Reaching their only D.O. and Kai were there.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo hyungs.”

 

“Annyeong guys. What are you guys doing here, we were supposed to be here before recording.”

 

“We reached here early,” said Kai, “Thought that we might as well get some dance practice in.”

 

“Well, soon we will be in a different practice room anyways; there are many bands that need to practice,” Said D.O.

 

“Saem is planning to expand the building, temporarily while he does that we will practice in a different practice room that he has booked for us,” said Taemin.

 

“Oh, ok. Btw Taemin we heard that there are many idols at your university. Have you met anyone???” said Kai.

 

“Well…”

 

Just then someone knocked on the door …

 

Outside SM Entertainment - 8:20 am

 

Mina’s POV

 

I just reached SM this morning. Seriously if this is some prank I will find the person and… well I’m not the violent type. But I guess it could be Lee Taemin since he goes to my University. But out of all people to find my earring, him… it’s hard to believe. Oh well. I walked into the building and went to the receptionist; luckily it was one of the ones that have seen me come to visit eemonim.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo my name is Nam Soomin.”

 

“Ah yes you are Hyelim sshi’s niece am I right.”

 

“That’s right.”

 

“Oh so you are here to see your aunt, but she hasn’t come in yet, in fact I think she is abroad right now.”

 

“Actually I am here to see Lee Taemin, he has something of mine.”

 

Oh so you’re the Soomin sshi Taemin-ah is expecting.

 

“So can I go meet him then?”

“Yes he is expecting you. They are currently in their practice room, but he told me that you should wait in waiting room 1. You know your way around right?”

 

“Yes I have been around with eemonim.”

 

“Ok then.” With that she handed me a visitor pass and I put in around my neck.

 

I walked towards the room the receptionist pointed out. According to her, his instructions were that I would be kept here till he came himself.

 

Onew’s POV

 

A peon came in and said to Taemin that the person he was waiting for was in waiting room 1.

 

“Who is this person?” asked Key.

 

“Oh someone, I’ll be back in a while.”

 

He left after the peon and soon the EXO boys came and they went off together too their schedule. That left me and Key in the room alone.

 

“Maybe you should go after him and make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid” said Key.

 

“Why me? Why not you? You are his Umma after all.”

 

“Because you are the leader and you should be watching out for us.”

 

“Aish… fine I’ll go see what he is up to. Waiting room 1 right?”

 

“Yup, go and then report back to see, arrasso.”

“Ok Key Umma”

 

I walked out of the practice room and went towards the waiting room Taemin is at. Reaching there I peeked in to see him talking to someone whose back was facing the door…

 

Mina’s POV

 

I stood up as Taemin came and bowed. After a moment of awkward silence he motioned me to sit.

 

At that point I started to feel a bit self-conscious, messing up my already messy bun and fixing my glasses. Maybe I should have made an effort to get dressed…

 

“So you have my earring, Cheongmal?”

 

“Yup, you thought this was some type of prank. I know it seems unreal.”

 

“It sure does. I never noticed you were in the office yesterday. I knew that you went to the school and all but out of all people my earring lands in your hands. It does seem unreal.”

 

“I guess you are right. Anyways I haven’t formally introduced myself… Annyeonghaseyo Lee Taemin immida.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Nam Soomin immida.”

 

“Nice name. It’s very unique.”

 

“It was my Appa who named me.”

 

“I see, anyways…” he took out an envelope from his pocket and gave it to me. “Your earring.”

 

“Kamsamidha. Thank you so much, this earring means a lot to me.”

 

“No problem. But I don’t do anything for free…”

 

“Bwoh!!”

 

“Don’t worry, I mean you owe me a favor now. I will call out that favor… arrasso.”

 

“Wow you really different than what you seem to be.”

 

He chuckled and then replied…

 

“Call it my true image.”

 

“Fine, you can call out the favor, but it will have to be reasonable.”

 

“Don’t worry… I won’t make you do anything uncomfortable.”

 

Onew’s POV

 

They chatted for a bit then Taemin went towards his bag and pulled out the envelope from yesterday. I saw Taemin handing the envelope to that person and her bowing. She then started to turn around. I quickly moved away from the door and turned around so I face the opposite direction…

 

Mina’s POV

 

“Arrasso, I have to go now. I have work. Annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed to him and left the room. I notice there was someone with his back facing me leaning against the wall. Taking it as nothing I walked to the main lobby, I was almost at the door when eemonim walked in.

 

Onew’s POV

 

I followed her out as she walked through the lobby she stopped suddenly as someone walked into the building. I quickly took out my phone and turned while keeping my attention on them.

She said something then she hugged that person. I focused and saw that the person that she called was Hyelim noona, a scout for SM Entertainment. They know each other???

 

Mina’s POV

 

I was just about to reach the door when eemonim walked in and immediately saw me. I bowed to her and greeted her.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo eemonim,” I said and hugged her. “Welcome back!”

 

“Ah, you are really here. I went home and saw that no one was there. So dropping of my stuff I came here to report to the saem and I see you here. Came to surprise your eemonim?”

 

“Ah neh, surprise!”

 

“Ok, more enthusiasm would be nice. Hey wait is that Onew-ah? Come… let me introduce you to him.”

 

I turned around and saw someone standing there his back towards us but he was wearing the same thing that guy in the hallway was. Was that Onew sshi then in the hallway? And does that mean he was spying on us. Aish I’ll take care of it later…

 

“Eemonim, I need to go to work. We will hang out later. Sunmi unnie’s band is playing at a café downtown. I’ll send you the details and we will meet there… annyeong!”

 

I quickly bowed and rushed past her and out the door…

 

Hyelim’s POV

 

What the… sometimes in these moments Soomin is like unnie was. I guess she was in a rush. I walked towards Onew-ah and tapped his back.

 

“Oh Annyeong noona… you are back? How was your trip?”

 

“It was good, got five people signed to train with SM, and got to travel around North America. I even visited my Chingu from high-school who lives in Toronto”

 

“That’s cool,”

 

“I am glad I am back, my niece surprised me and I meet my best find all in the span of five minutes. Now you guys need to throw noona a party; tomorrow, if your schedule is free.”

 

“We have part 2 of our recording tomorrow. But we will finish quickly and throw you a party. But it will only be three out of five members.”

 

“Don’t worry ill add in my niece and we will have a blast. I was going to introduce you but she had to go to work.”

 

“Oh really. Was she the person that you were talking to just now?”

 

“Yup. Oh well tomorrow then.” I waved him goodbye and walked to my office…

 

Onew’s POV

 

So Taemin’s Soomin sshi is Hyelim Noona’s niece. Whoa, that is something. I guess we will be formally introduced tomorrow then. The only question I have is why do I really want to see her face? …

 

YG Entertainment – 9:00 am

 

G-Dragon’s POV

 

I didn’t get much sleep last night and ended up working on Crazy instinct tittle track. The lyrics are now set at least. Now I got to hear their harmonies so I can work on the arrangement. So after two hours of sleep I drove to YG Entertainment without getting into an accident and took the back entrance that mostly us idols use and walk towards our practice room. But on the way there, stumbling on a loud conversation going on in the hallway…

 

Navedita’s POV

 

“What!!!!!”

 

“Navedita sshi, please calm down. It is not the end of the world.”

 

“How can it not be? Ye Eun unnie wants to contribute to our debut album, maybe do a duet with one of us. This is Daebak news. What did YG saem say?”

 

“He told JYP oppa he’d get back to him after talking to the sunbaes, and the trainers.”

 

“Still, DAEBAK!!!! Why are you not excited Bom unnie?”

 

“I am! Just not at your level”

 

“Omo, who is shouting so early in the morning,” someone said from behind

 

Me and unnie turned around to see a really messed up looking G-Dragon sunbae.

 

“Omo Jiyoung-ah you look like crap.” Said Bom unnie

 

“I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.” He replied

 

“Maybe you should sleep a bit G-Dragon sunbae.”

 

“Umm yeah I should. I’ll do that now.” With that he walked past us. Me and unnie started our conversation again when we were interrupted.

 

“Tell the rest of your band-mates to meet me in your practice room in two hours and tell them you guys need to present one song with all of you splitting up the parts. I’ll listen to it when I come. So they should get here early. Arrasso?”

 

“Neh sunbae.”

 

“Good.”

 

He then walked off for real this time. I turned to unnie and bid my farewell I called up the rest of the group to meet here. Since we are all trainees besides training we have no other activity outside of school.

 

The guys showed up in twenty minutes and I explained the assignment sunbae gave us to do.

 

“So which song should we do?” asked Yoonhyun

 

“Well we have to incorporate all of our vocals and harmonies right unnie?” asked Hyesung.

 

“That is what sunbae wants. We have till 11 to get this ready. Let’s all pick a song and will do rock paper scissors to decide. Don’t say which song you want out loud it might affect the odds.”

 

“Ah I see now why you were picked to be our leader” said Taehee oppa.

 

“You know it. Ok let’s do this everyone ready.”

 

And after ten minutes we decided on our song and got down to practice. And I am the one who won yay!!!

 

An hour later...

 

G-Dragon POV

 

I got some rest in our practice room that I found only Daesung was using to practice his vocals. Seeing me go to sleep I guess he decided to do the same since I found him sleeping on the other side of the room when I woke up. I grabbed the backpack holding my laptop and music sheets and went to Crazy Instinct’s practice room. When I got there it looks like they were ready since they were sitting in a circle relaxing. I stood outside for a bit as I heard their conversation…

 

“When we move in don’t make me do a lot of chores, ok. Noonas, you will cook and I will study. You guys teach me when we have free time. I can only make ramen” said Yoonhyun.

 

“Well I like ramen, when these girls are busy you cook the ramen” said Taehee

 

“Hyung!!! You won’t do anything.”

 

“I will be doing something, I am going to supervise. I am the oldest.”

 

“And I am the leader. We will split up the chores evenly. Me, Taehee oppa, and Hyesung go to university. And you are a high school student. None of us are dropping out so we will need a lot of organization and teamwork to get by. For now let’s not worry about that. When are you guys moving in to the dorms?”

 

“I am moving in tonight” said Yoonhyun-ah.

 

“Same here,” said Hyesung.

 

“I am moving in after practice today. My hyung is going to help me.”

 

“I see. Well you guys would have moved in before me. I am moving in tomorrow. Since we have no practice and my roommates are free. They are going to help.”

 

“Well since we will have moved in first we will prepare the first meal. In fact, let’s make it a party. Whats say?” proposed Taehee

 

“Ok but remember…”

 

“We know you are vegetarian unnie. My mom is giving us a barbeque as a present. And Taehee oppa has his own, right. We will use the new one for vegetarian meals and his for the meat.”

 

“That sounds ok.”

 

“Then it’s settled.”

 

“Whats settled.” I asked walking in now.

 

“We are getting our plans for tomorrow set. We are going to have our first dorm party” said Taehee.

 

“Oh I see. Well some of us at YG deserve to be invited. Don’t you think?”

 

“Sure thing. I want to introduce my roommates to you guys anyways.”

 

“Ok did you get the assignment I said ready?”

 

“Yup we did.”

 

“Then let’s begin.” They got up and did some warm up. Navedita counted them in.

 

Red: Navedita

Light blue: Yoonhyun

Green: Hyesung

Blue: Taehee

Yellow: Taehee and Hyesung

Purple: Hyesung and Navedita

Grey: Everyone

 

Yeah (maybe I’m missing you)

Yeah (maybe I’m missing you)

 

아무 생각 없이 평소와 같이 보통 사람들과 만나 웃고 말하지

A-mu saeng-gak eobs-i pyeong-seo-wa gat-i bo-tong sa-ram-deul-gwa man-na ut-go mal-ha-ji

Without any thoughts, just like any other day, I met up with people and talked and laughed

 

밤이 되면 TV가 내 유일한 친구고

Bam-i doe-myeon TV-ga nae yu-il-han chin-gu-go

When night comes, the TV is my only friend

 

아침해가 떠오르면은 그제서야 잠이 들죠

A-chim-hae-ga ddeo-o-reu-myeon-eun geu-je-seo-ya jam-i deul-jyo

When the morning sun rises, then I finally fall asleep

 

너무 초라해 나 널 많이 좋아했나봐

Neo-mu cho-ra-hae na neol manh-i hoh-a-haett-na-bwa

It’s so pathetic – I guess I liked you a lot

 

네가 떠난 후 파란 하늘 내 눈엔 노랗게만 보여

Ne-ga ddeo-nan hu pa-ran ha-neul nae nun-en no-rah-ge-man bo-yeo

After you left, the blue sky looks yellow in my eyes

 

그댄 어디서 아파해요 나 여기 있어

Geu-daen eo-di-seo a-pa-hae-yo na yeo-gi iss-eo

Are you hurting somewhere? I’m right here

 

아님 혹시 다른 사람과 다른 사랑하니 보고싶어 my baby

A-nim hok-shi da-reun sa-ram-gwa da-reun sa-rang-ha-ni bo-go-ship-eo my baby

Or are you in a new relationship with someone new? I miss you my baby

 

내 맘은 이리 울적한데 말할 사람이 없다

Nae mam-eun i-ri ul-jeok-han-de mal-hal sa-ram-i eobs-da

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to

 

나도 가끔 활짝 웃고 싶은데 곁엔 아무도 없다

Na-do ga-ggeum hwal-jjak ut-go ship-eun-de gyeot-en a-mu-do eobs-da

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side

 

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you

 

그땐 그랬지 우리사인 투명하고 깨끗했지

Geu-ddaen geu-raett-ji u-ri-san-i du-myeong-ha-go ggae-ggeut-haett-ji

Back then we were clear and clean

 

처음에는 애틋했지 다들 그래 알면서 왜 그랬지

Cheo-eum-e-neun ae-deut-haett-ji da-deul geu-rae al-myeon-seo wae geu-raett-ji

In the beginning, we were so affectionate. And I know everyone’s like this but why was I like this?

 

(but) 갈수록유리깨지듯손에낀반지가빛바래지듯

(But) gal-su-rok yu-ri ggae-ji-deut son-e ggin ban-ji-ga bit ba-rae-ji-deut

(But) As time passed, it was like glass shattering, like the ring on my finger fading

 

날카로운 칼에 베이듯 속박이란 사슬에 목이 죄이듯

Nal-ka-ro-un gat-e be-i-deut sok-bak-i-ran sa-seul-e mok-i joe-i-deut

Like being cut by a sharp knife, like being suffocated by a chain called restraint

 

늘 좋을 줄 만 알았던 너와의 기억도

Neul joh-eul jul man ar-att-deon neo-wa-eui gi-eok-do

Memories of you and I, I thought were always good

 

풀리지 않던 오해 및 상처만 남아 싫어도

Pul-li-ji anh-deon o-hae mit sang-cheo-man nam-a shilh-eo-do

Only misunderstandings that weren’t cleared up and scars remained and I hated it

 

헤어져란 말은 끝까지 참았어야만 했는데

He-eo-jyeo-ran mal-eun ggeut-gga-ji cham--eo-ya-man haett-neun-de

I knew I should have held in the words “let’s break up” till the end but

 

(그래도) 싸우고 다투던 그때가 지금보단 나슬텐데

(Geu-rae-do) ssa-u-go da-tu-deon geu-ddae-ga ji-geum-bo-dan na-seul-ten-de

(Because still) The days we used to fight and argue are way better than now

 

내 맘은 이리 울적한데 말할 사람이 없다

Nae mam-eun i-ri ul-jeok-han-de mal-hal sa-ram-i eobs-da

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to

 

나도 가끔 활짝 웃고 싶은데 곁엔 아무도 없다

Na-do ga-ggeum hwal-jjak ut-go ship-eun-de gyeot-en a-mu-do eobs-da

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side

 

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you

 

나는 아직도 매일 눈을 뜨면 네가 옆에 있는 것만 같아

Na-neun a-jik-do mae-il nun-eul ddeu-myeon ne-ga yeop-e itt-neun geot-man gat-a

Every day when I open my eyes, it still feels like you’re next to me

 

우리 함께했던 많은 시간들 되돌릴 순 없나 아-아-아-

U-ri ham-gge haett-deon manh-eun shi-gan-deul doe-dol-ril sun eobs-na a-a-a-

Can’t I turn things back to when we were together?

 

내 맘은 이리 울적한데 말할 사람이 없다

Nae mam-eun i-ri ul-jeok-han-de mal-hal sa-ram-i eobs-da

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to

 

나도 가끔 활짝 웃고 싶은데 곁엔 아무도 없다 아-아-아-아-

Na-do ga-ggeum hwal-jjak ut-go ship-eun-de gyeot-en a-mu-do eobs-da a-a-a-a-

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side

 

내 맘은 이리 울적한데 말할 사람이 없다

Nae mam-eun i-ri ul-jeok-han-de mal-hal sa-ram-i eobs-da

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to

 

나도 가끔 활짝 웃고 싶은데 곁엔 아무도 없다

Na-do ga-ggeum hwal-jjak ut-go ship-eun-de gyeot-en a-mu-do eobs-da

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side

 

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you

 

“That was good you guys. I liked how both of you girls harmonized and the way you split up the parts was good. It allowed you guys to keep your breath in check. We will finish off in a bit I just need to hear the rest of your harmonizations. So starting off with Taehee and Yoonhyun, sing the chorus of tonight.”

 

We did that with every combination and I got the information I required.   

 

“Ok I wanted to hear your harmonization to finalize the arrangement for your debut song and the other tracks we will have ready by next week. That means keep your voice in check. By next weekend we will start recording. Arrasso?”

 

“Neh sunbae.”

 

“Good and now that we are working together, you guys just call be Jiyoung sunbae arrasso?”

 

“Neh.”

 

“Good you are dismissed.”

 

They started packing up and talking to each other I waited till they left and then sat down on the floor. Feeling the exhaustion come over me I fell asleep there.

 

Navedita’s POV

 

I started walking out of the building with the guys while taking out my metro card. We were gonna go out for ice-cream before they go home to get ready to move. But I couldn’t reach it at the spot it usually is.

 

“You guys wait here for me. I left my metro card in the practice room.”

 

“Arrasso.” They said in unison.

 

I walked back into the practice room but stopped short when I saw jiyoung sunbae lying on the ground.

 

“Omo”… I ran to him. “Gwenchana?”

 

He opened up his eyes and looked up at me. I guess we were a bit close as his eyes widened. I quickly moved back and looked away.

 

“I guess I dozed off here.”

 

“I see. You should sleep on the couch then.” I said pointing to the couch in the corner.

 

“I should. Can you help me up? I think my feet fell asleep.”

 

“Ah neh” I let him put his arm around my shoulder as I walked him to the couch. And me wearing an off the shoulder shirt felt my skin burn. I helped him sit down and moved back.

 

“Gomawo.”

 

“No problem.” I grabbed my metro card that was sitting on the table where my bag was and ran out of the room. I closed the door and leaned against the door trying to slow down my heart.

 

‘Navedita calm down. He needed your help and you gave it to him. Then why won’t my heart listen.’

 

“Unnie,” Hyesung called. I forgot they were waiting for me in the hallway.

 

“Ah yeah… lets go.” I went off with them hoping to get my mind of what went down in the practice room but having little success.

 

Enjoy the update.