Band Night Part 1

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ ①③

 

Here is an update for all the people who were patiently waiting for me till I finished exams. This one goes out to you. ^.^

 

Dream Factory Studio – 11:30am

 

“Ok and that’s a wrap. You guys can go home now.”

 

“Deh Park saem.”

 

Shinhye’s POV

 

I just finished off teaching the dance class today. Being a sunbae in the company means also helping out the hoebaes out in their training, whether they have debuted or not. So being ok at dancing I help out with the dance classes and sometimes vocal classes. Other sunbaes help out also when they are not busy with their schedules. This as our director or kamdonim says, this allows the hoebaes to get training from the experts in the industry. I think it is a good idea and since we haven’t had formal script reading yet, I am basically free.

 

I headed to my car after the class when my phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Ah Yeh, this is Director Seo from the Absolute Boyfriend team, can I speak to Park Shinhye sshi?”

 

“Neh, speaking.”

 

“Ok, I was just wondering if you have time next week Saturday, we want to have a formal script meeting and we were hoping you would contribute the OST, so can we meet for dinner today to discuss that. I have called in a FNC representative and the main leads. Can you make it?”

 

“Sure I can just send me the details.”

 

“Arrasso, I look forward to meeting with you Shinhye sshi.”

 

“Deh.” I hung up the phone and sat in the car. If we meet up tonight I can start up my plan. Luckily I have support. Now I will show him my true feelings. I drove off to my favourite café nearby Chung-Ang University. It’s an hour away and my former university and where I spent five years of my life, including those two very special years. The university is far from Seoul but it is fun to come here, especially when you have the afternoon off. But because the university is special to me I take the effort. The friends I have made there are the reason why. Whether they are both famous and not famous I am still in contact with. Some of us get to work together sometimes and it is awesome.

 

I still come to that café where we hung out. Because mostly university students come here there are not that many people here that would interrupt us. Here we felt like normal people. Sometimes I see one of my friends here and sit here for a while and chat. Being an actress, your only bust once the script is read. In between movies and dramas is a time to relax.

 

I parked my car outside the café and walked in. the owner was standing with a customer saw me and bowed. I bowed back and headed to my regular seat, which was thankfully empty. Probably because midterms just finished so people are relaxing somewhere else. I ordered a caramel latte and sat down with my phone, texting and social messaging. An hour passed when a got an e-mail from the director giving me the details of the dinner meet. Apparently it would be back at 5 in Seoul in a restaurant in the Seochu area. Well looks like I have to head back now if I want to get home and get ready. Luckily my apartment is near Seochu so it will be easy to get there. I paid for my coffee and drove back to Seoul anticipating tonight’s meeting.

 

Kyunghee University - 1:00 pm

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

I just finished my last class. Luckily it was only an hour long. Having lunch before class, I just headed straight to the practice room. Over there me and the band were gonna meet. We call ourselves S.D.N.A which has two meanings. One it is an acronym of our names and two it means Special DNA, meaning that we are all unique yet we go great together. I got to the practice room and took out my guitar to tune up. I am lead guitarist and vocals for our band. My unnie, who I mentioned before, Nana, is bass and main vocals. Our maknae Kwunghee is drummer and sub vocals and Chaekyung, who is the same age as me is bass and rapper. With only one guy in the group and that too him being our maknae we tend to treat him as the little brother none of us have, and sometimes spoil him. We all met through guitar club orientation last year when Kwunghee was a freshman. Thanks to a group activity we all had to do we ended up being the band we are today…

 

Flashback

 

I was sitting in the guitar club room. Being very punctual and also one of the senior members I got here the earliest and started setting up the room. As I was moving the chairs Nana unnie came in. she was one of the club members that helped me a lot when I was adjusting as a freshman. She would give me tips for how to do well in the major and we jam out sometimes. She put her guitar on the side and started helping me move the table to the wall when Chaekyung came in. we were both in the same class but would not really talk to each other a lot. Still she was one awesome bass and when it came time for presentations her jazz style bass performances made an awesome impression on the professor. She smiled at us and put she guitar beside unnies and started helping us out. Without saying much we set up the room in time for the president of the club to come in, who at that time was a sunbae who was graduating. That day our president invited Yongwha sunbae and Hongki sunbae. It was a week before Yongwha sunbae would be enlisted in the army for mandatory service so he wanted to come by and meet the club.

 

The president let him lead the orientation. We were to get into groups of four and perform a song at the end of the day. We were split up based on the instrument we use and within the acoustic guitarists we were split in half. I was put into the group that ended up being team captains. We had to pick a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer from the drum club who were invited to orientation. Since I ended up picking first, the guitarist I chose was Nana unnie. Then when it came to picking the bassist I picked Chaekyung. Since I didn’t know the people in the drum club and took a gamble. There was a kid in that group that wasn’t even paying attention to what was going on. He was in his own world drumming on his lap. That kid that caught my eye and ended up being chosen by me was Kwunghee.

 

Each group was assigned a practice room, and because it was the summer when we had orientation all the practice rooms were empty. Those who were at the school were located to the second building for practice room usage. We ended up getting the practice room I like to use a lot. So much that unofficially it was me and my friends who were the only ones who used it. I had my sheet music in my locker which was outside the classroom and we chose a song we found best. We performed that song after three hours of practice to the whole club and got a standing ovation. After the orientation was over Yongwha and Hongki sunbae came up to us and told us who great we were and that we should start a band together. We also had to admit it was fun working together. Chaekyung, it turns out is silent as a part of her image, while the maknae is the most funniest. We exchanged numbers that day promising to jam together more often. The weekend that followed unnie ordered in band equipment. It was an idea that she had that we can hire a band to play on weekend to generate more customers. Thinking about orientation I called Nana unnie and the rest to the café to give unnie an audition. We ended up being liked by her and the customers that were around at that time and being hired. She told us to give ourselves a band name. We sat in a booth having coffee. We were on our third round when it came. S.D.N.A.

 

Well you are probably wondering our names don’t include a D or an A. Well Kwunghee’s English name is Daniel and Chaekyung’s is Annie. So when you put that together you get S.D.N.A…

 

Flashback ends

 

“You are thinking about the old times aren’t you Sunmi-ah”

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to the person who spoke. It was Nana unnie and behind her were Kwunghee and Chaekyung.

 

“Aish, how embarrassing. Anyways shall we get started on practice? We need to be at the café by six. We are performing five songs. Two I will sing and Nana will sing her composition. And Kwunghee will perform his first solo, with me accompanying on guitar. After that we will do our final song. If the audience wants an encore we what song should we do?”

 

“How about Champion?” said Kwunghee.

 

“Perfect. It will rock the house. Fine lets practice each song once then head out.”

 

“Arrasso” with that we got started on practice for the next two hours…

 

Noodle Restaurant (Myeongdong) – 1:00 pm

 

Navedita’s POV

 

“Ok we have for two hours. You guys are not done eating yet?” asked Taehee oppa.

 

“I’m done but the dongsengs are not” I said.

 

“Done!!” they both shouted out.

 

“Good I was afraid that we would be here till tomorrow. We head out for ice-cream and end up eating noodles, I would never have imagined it would turn out that way.” I said.

 

“Same here, let's go, I need to head home and pack to move out tomorrow. The guys already threw a party for me last night.”

 

“You must have gotten drunk, right oppa” said Hyesung.

 

“Ani, the guys did and I had to clean up.”

 

“Keke…it’s hard to imagine you clean up hyung” said Yoonhyun.

 

“Well you will see a lot of that when we live together. And you better help arrasso.”

 

“Deh hyung.”

 

“Well I think it will be fun to live together. We are meeting at the café for Sunmi’s performance at 5:30. Don’t be late.”

 

“Deh leader!” they said in unison.

 

“Aish, well I have to get used to it now…

 

SM Entertainment – 3:00 pm

 

Onew’s POV

 

We just finished Part 1 of our recording schedule, and that to earlier than we expected. Now we can go home and relax or do whatever we want. Since are all adults there is no telling what the other guys will get up to. Oh wait Taemin is heading to school for extra dance practice and Key is meeting the 91 line. Then I don’t have to worry. Oh wait I also have plans tonight. Yongwha wanted to meet to tell me about something. I quickly texted him:

 

Are we still on for meeting at the café?

 

I waited for a reply as the guys were packing up their things…

 

We might not be able to meet at the Myeongdong café. I have a meeting with the director of the drama I told you about. Oh yah I forgot to tell you, I got casted. We are meeting in Seochu. There is a good café in that area that we can meet. Are you up for it?

 

This café sounds interesting, why not.

 

Ok, I’ll see you there at 6 then.

 

Cool. ^.^

 

I packed up my stuff and turned to the guys...

 

“Taemin, Key listen, I know you guys got plans tonight but so do I so make sure you take your keys with you, and Key don’t get drunk like the last time.”

 

“That was because Mir dared me hyung and...”

 

“Key…”

 

“Fine I won’t get drunk. I need to wake up tomorrow anyways since you want to us finish early so we can throw Hyelim noona a party.”

 

“Exactly, she helped us out a lot when we were debuting and she was an assistant coordi. Now that she is a scouter we cannot forget what she did to help us,” said Taemin

 

“Wise words maknae. University has done you some good,” said Key.

 

“Alright. Taemin will drop you off to home. What time does your practice start?”

 

“Five.”

 

“Ok, we have time then ill drop you of there at 8 then head off.”

 

“Arrasso.”

 

We got into my car after putting our stuff at the back. I drove while Key and Taemin dozed off. It was a long day. We were recording since 10 this morning with only two breaks for fifteen minutes. We are on a tight schedule for this album. Rumors have it that there will be a lot of competition in September when we will be promoting, so we need to finish the recording as long as possible to we can perfect the dance and make super awesome MVs for our title track, and individual MV’s for the solo songs we have on the album. The company wants to treat fans with this album by showing off our individual points. Jonghyun had done something similar when I was in the army. And Minho being an actor has been doing a lot of individual activities. With his new movie he is currently filming he would helping with lyrics for the OST, and also participating in the OST. They wanted us to do it, but Lee Soo Man had our project group all planned out.

 

Anyways we reached home and the guys hit the showers first. I waited till one of them was done then went in myself. After that I went and freshened up. That done I sat down in my room on my laptop at the same humming the solo song I will be recording tomorrow. The lyrics were written by a new lyrist in the company, and I will be the first person to sing one of his songs. The song is cool, rock ballad type, just my style. So it will be fun singing it…

 

Seochu – 4:50 pm

 

Outside a fancy restaurant…

 

Yongwha’s POV

 

After getting the message from the director I finished off practice at 4 and rushed home to get dressed. Once again I set a record and got dressed in five minutes. The guys who came in after me were still goofing off and just came into the apartment when I rushed out pass them.

 

I reached here in twenty minutes without breaking a traffic rule which was also impressive and happen to, from what it looks like. Be the first person here.

 

The director showed up a little while later, along with Hyunjoong hyung. We all went inside and waited. Soon Shinhye sshi came. The director led us into the restaurant and to a private room in the back. Once we settled down the director started off.

 

“Ok,” said he said. “We have almost finished auditions. We now have the role of the entire main cast. Which reminds me, we are still waiting on one of the cast members. She will be playing Mika, and has already requested to be a part of the OST. She is…”

 

Just then the door opened and someone walked in.

 

“Ah yes Eunhye sshi. We were just waiting for you. Ladies and gentlemen, Yoon Eunhye sshi will be playing Mika, please greet each other”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo sunbae.” We all said in unison.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I know Shinhye sshi and Hyunjoong sshi, my first time meeting you Yongwha sshi, you can just call me noona”

 

“Deh.” I replied back.

 

“Ok let’s sit down and get this meeting done. Anyways, I wanted to know since all of the main cast are accomplished singers that they wouldn’t mind being part of the OST. Which songs we will use will be decided later by our writers. Now for the next part I will let our representative from FNC take over.”

 

“Thank you. You guys can call me Moon Kwon. I am older than all of you guys here, so I will speak informally if you don’t mind. For this drama, FNC be me in charge of the OST. What FNC wants to do with this drama is to have some of the bands under the company participate, like F.T. Island and AOA. But what we also want to do is use it as an outlet to introduce a new group or singer. The president and I have been talking about scouting a new group to be part of the OST, even make an appearance in the drama. It would be a band since this is FNC entertainment we are talking about We have seen other companies do the same. Like JYP with the JJ Project. We have narrow down on one band. And we were hoping to get your opinion on them. They play in a café nearby and have a performance tonight. We have already informed the owner of the café and reserve a table for our party. The owner has been put under confidentiality and will not inform the band about us being there”

 

“I hope you don’t mind but I called ahead and ordered our food. Their performance starts in an hour. The café is five minutes away from the restaurant.”

 

“Is Café Blue the café you are talking about?” asked Eunhye sshi.

 

“Yes it is, have you heard about the band?”

 

“I like the coffee in that café, and I have seen the band play to once. They play really good; I already think they would be good for the OST.”

 

Just then there was a knock on the door.

 

“Who is it?” asked the director.

 

“Your order is here sir” said the person on the other side of the door. The director who was sitting closest to the door opened it and the waiter brought in our food. After he left the director turned to us.

 

“Let’s eat up, if Eunhye says they are good then they are sure worth a try”

 

We all got down to eating while I quickly text Onew under the table.

 

Me and the cast are going to visiting the café we were going to meet at. We will be there at six. Find a table where you can see us, we will probably be sitting at the front on the side of the café. I will make sure to sit next to the person I wanted to talk to you about. Once you see us sitting together you will know the situation. We will probably be wearing disguises so I will text you where we will be sitting. Arrasso?

 

I sent the message and waited for the reply. In a few minutes my phone vibrated.

 

Ok I will be there. I will wear a disguise so good you won’t even recognize me.

 

Hah. We will see about that…

 

Café Blue – 5:45 pm

 

Navedita’s POV

 

“I am going to sit at this table with the guys. You sit here with your eemonim, Mina. You guys need to catch up. She is going to be here soon right.”

 

“Yup she will be here in five minutes. You guys enjoy.”

 

“Deh Mina. Oh the guys are here.” We turned to the entrance where Taehee oppa, Hyesung and Yoonhyun just walked in. they saw us and headed towards us.”

 

“Hey leader, hey Mina.” said Taehee. The rest of the guys followed suit with Mina and I giving our replies. After we said our hello I started off.

 

“Our table will be here you guys, Mina’s Eemonim just came back from abroad so they will be sitting here at this other table. Cool?”

 

“Ok,”

 

“Hey eemonim is here. I will go get her, hold on for a minute,” said Mina.

 

“Ok.” Mina then headed to the entrance while me and the guys sat down and started chatting. All the while I felt that someone was watching me…

 

Unknown person’s POV

 

I just got to the café in my best disguise. Luckily it was good enough that no one looked at me weird or noticed me. It is amazing what a small moustache and a baseball cap can do. Anyways I spotted Navendita sshi with the rest of the group and found a spot nearby them. I must seem like a stalker, but it is beyond me. I guess something came over me when Taehee said they would be coming here…

 

Flashback

 

“Ok just bring those boxes up you guys. Once im settled I will cook some ramen as a reward for you guys.”

 

“Deh Taehee, and when you become a star don’t forget to meet up once a while for pool or something. But why can’t we hang out tonight.”

 

“Because me and the band are going with our leader somewhere tonight. Her roommate is in a band and invited us to their performance tonight.”

 

“Wow Taehee, you are not even a star yet and you already got connections.”

 

“What can I say?”

I was listening to that as I was walking to the 2ne1 dorm, once I heard that it was Taehee and he mentioned their leader I got curious and eavesdropped. I listened from around the corner. Once I heard their footsteps heading my way I casually walked around the corner.

 

“Oh hey sunbae” said Taehee noticing me.

 

“You can call me Jiyoung hyung, you are moving in well then I should treat you guys to drinks tonight.”

 

“Sorry G-dragon sshi, Taehee has plans with his group.”

 

“Yeah, sorry hyung, Navedita’s roommate invited us to their performance tonight in Seochu. They play in a café down there.”

 

“No problem, don’t forget to invite your sunbaes to your party tomorrow then. You guys will be there.” I said, asking Taehee’s friends.

 

“Yup, hey Taehee, your leader is bring her roommates tomorrow, are they single?”

 

“Yeah they are single, but they have become like sisters to me so step back ok guys.”

 

“Deh Taehee.”

 

I walked away as they were arguing about the fact the Taehee wouldn’t let them flirt. Hmmm… so a café in Seochu. CL would probably know. I’ll go ask her.

 

Flashback ends…

 

G-Dragon’s POV

 

After finding out the name of the café from CL I went home and raided Daesung’s dress up box, once in a good enough disguise I drove here, and now am being a major stalker. This girl has me going nuts. Who would ever imagine GD being a stalker to a trainee he has only known for a short while. Then again I can’t even imagine it. But strangely it doesn’t feel weird to be doing this.

 

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed that Navedita was heading backstage. I quickly got up and conspicuously started following her. I saw her stop and talk to a noona with a clipboard in her hand. I slowly inched forward to listen to what they were saying…

 

“Hey Navedita, are here to wish Sunmi good luck?”

 

“Deh unnie. Is she backstage?”

 

“Yup they are having a group meeting right now. You can just wait outside the change room. Hey can I let you in on a secret?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I got a call from FNC Entertainment earlier today. A representative will be coming with a small party to scout Sunmi’s band.”

 

“WOW unnie! This is daebak!!! Does she know yet??”

 

“No not yet. They said that if they like the band then they would be debuting in two months.”

 

“Wow, that means me and her will both be debuting soon. Thanks for sharing the news with me. I’ll head to the dressing room. The crowd is pumping outside. Tonight is going to rock!!”

 

She headed farther down the hallway and turned around a corner. The noona she was talking to started heading towards my direction I quickly turned around walked back to my seat. If I followed Navedita any further she could definitely catch me.

 

I sat down at my seat and started to think. So her roommate is a musician also, and might debut soon. But I heard she has two roommates, so what does the other one do. Before you get the wrong impression I just want to see the kinds of people she hangs out and lives with.

 

Mina’s POV

I saw eemonim at the entrance texting someone on her phone. Probably she was texting me to see where I was. I quickly came up behind her and put my hands over her eyes.

 

“Guess who?” I said making my voice deeper.

 

“You cannot fool eemonim Mina.”

 

“Damn it, how do you always know it is me?”

 

“Maybe because I have known you since you were born.”

 

“I guess so. Anyways lets head to our seat the show is about to begin.”

 

“Ok.” We started to head back to our seat when someone called out.

 

“Hyelim sshi, long time no see.”

 

We turned around and saw a man in a suit waving at eemonim, behind him there was a guy with glasses looking at the man in the suit and there were two other guys with baseball caps and two girls with baseball caps also.

 

“Oh Woohyun sshi, it really has been a long time” Eemonim replied back.

 

“Eemonim you know this person.”

 

“Oh I am so sorry I forgot, Woohyun sshi this is my niece Soomin, but I call her Mina,”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” I said to Woohyun ahjusshi.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Soomin sshi. I am a friend of your Eemonim.”

 

“Mina, me and Woohyun sshi met at an award function three years ago when J-min was getting her award for best Rock solo. At that time Jonghyun from CNBLUE was also nominated for that award. At the after party we found out and started talking.”

 

“I see,”

 

“So, what bring you here Woohyun sshi?”

 

“Well we are both scouts so what we do is scout people. I am here with that purpose.”

 

“You are going to scout Unnie’s band?!!!”

 

“Sorry on behalf of my niece, the leader of the band playing here tonight is a housemate of ours and very close to Mina here.”

 

“Ah I see, well don’t tell your unnie we are here. Let’s keep it a surprise. Shall we head to our seats everyone?”

 

“Deh ahjusshi,” said the four baseball cap people.

 

We all headed to our respective seats. Sunmi’s unnie, Sunhye unnie came up to Woohyun ahjusshi and his party and directed them to a table not far from ours. Eemonim and I sat down at our table and waited for the show to begin. While eemonim was smiling at Woohyun ahjusshi and him smiling back. Is there something going on that I do not know about?

 

Outside Café Blue – 6:00 pm

 

Onew’s POV

 

I parked my car two blocks down from the café and walked towards it. At home I kinda dozed off and woke up thanks to Key who heard my phone ring. I spent two hours practicing my solo song for tomorrow’s recording and dozed off. Once Key woke me up I quickly put on a disguise and drove here. Now with this red wig on and nerd glasses I’m sure that no one will recognize me. I walked in to see a big crowd in the restaurant. I asked the hostess if there was an empty table but there wasn’t so she helped me find a spot instead. She walked up to a group of two who had extra seats and asked them if I could sit down at their table.

 

“Sure it’s alright with us, is it ok for you Mina-ie?”

 

The person named Mina nodded and the hostess told me to sit down. I sat down and looked at this Mina person and her companion. Her companion was looking at another table so she had she back to me. While the Mina person was talking to someone at another table who just sat down. All of a sudden other person made eye contact with me. I froze at that moment.

!!! It was Hyelim Noona. I quickly turned away and avoided looking at me. I decided at that moment that things could not get any worse.

 

“Excuse I have seen you somewhere before have we met?” asked Hyelim noona.

 

if I talk now then Hyelim noona will know it is me. I changed my voice to a higher pitch and answered back…

 

“I don’t think we have.”

 

“Jeusumidha it’s my mistake then.”

 

“No problem noona.” , wait what did I just say, great now my cover is definitely blown I looked at Hyelim noona from the corner of my eye. She was looking at me suspiciously but luckily the mic and everyone put their attention to the stage.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming tonight. My name is Sunhye and as the owner of Café Blue I welcome you tonight. As most of our regulars know tonight is band night, when our house band gives their weekly performance. So let’s give a big hand for S.D.N.A.

 

The band came up to the stage. While they were setting up I looked to see if Hyelim noona was still looking at me. Luckily she wasn’t. So I moved on to the task I was here for. I shot out a text to Yongwha.

 

I’m here, where are you guys sitting?

 

I waited for his reply when my phone buzzed.

 

We are sitting in the front row. At the last table on the right. The person I talked about is sitting on my right.

 

I looked to that table and saw a guy in a baseball cap shoot out a conspicuous v sign. That must be Yongwha. I looked to his right and saw a girl also in a baseball cap. She looked kinda familiar. It took a while to make the connection. !! She’s Shinhye sshi. That means that they are working together again. I sent him a text.

 

I kinda understand what is going on here. Fill me in on the details after the performance. I parked my car two blocks down from here in front of a ramen shop. Meet me there. Arrasso?

 

I waited for his reply…

 

Ok I’ll see you there.

 

I put my phone in my pocket, and turned to the stage. The band was set up and ready to play.

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

“Ok tonight ladies and gentlemen welcome and thank you for coming to our performance. My name is Sunmi and I play the guitar,” I played a few chords. The loudest cheers came from right by the stage. Probably from Navedita and Mina. “On main guitar number two we have Nana, give her a big hand.” Nana played a few chords while everyone cheered. “On Bass we have Annie” Chaekyung played a little jazz verse. “And last but not least our maknae Daniel on drums, give him a big hand.” Kwunghee played a drum solo and everyone went crazy. “We have planned out a rocking performance for you guys so enjoy.”

Onew's POV

 

The drummer who was apparently the only guy in the band raised his sticks. The guitarist on the right started off the song.

 

Yeah... Yeah...

 

Get up. Get out.

Move on, move on. There's no doubt.

I'm all wrong. You're right.

It's all the same with you.

I'm too thin, too fat.

You ask why, so

why, so why, so why, so why?

 

On and on and on and on.

On and on and on and on.

 

Don't wanna grow up.

I wanna get out.

Hey, take me away.

I wanna shout out.

Take me away, away, away, away.

Away...

 

Round and round, here we go again.

Same old start, same old end.

Turn my head, I turn back again.

Same old stuff never ends.

Do this, do that. Can't deal, can't deal with that.

I tune in, tune out. I've heard it all before.

Hello, goodbye. Never asking me why.

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

 

On and on and on and on.

On and on and on and on.

 

Don't wanna grow up.

I wanna get out.

Hey, take me away.

I wanna shout out.

Take me away, away, away, away.

Away...

 

[Guitar solo]

 

Don't wanna grow up.

I wanna get out.

Hey, take me away.

I wanna shout out.

Take me away, away, away, away.

Away...

 

Don't wanna grow up.

I wanna get out.

Hey, take me away.

I wanna shout out.

Take me away, away, away, away.

Away...

 

Round and round, here we go again.

Same old story, the same old end.

Turn my head, I turn back again.

Same old stuff never ends

 

The band finished playing everyone gave applause. Someone sitting right behind me shouted out…

I looked but because the Anyways I looked back at the stage. These guys are good. Why hasn’t anyone discovered them? Too band SM doesn’t do a lot of rock bands. Or else SM would have scouted them by now.

 

Yongwha’s POV

 

Wow they rocked. Who knew that the band that were rookies last time I met them would turn out to be so good that they would be this good. I looked at the director and the rest of the group. They were all also impressed. The funny thing was that Hyunjoong looked kinda speechless

 

“Thank you everyone, now for our next song we are going to call up our sometimes composer other times pianist to help us out. So give it up for my roommate Nam Soomin.”

 

Onew’s POV

Nam Soomin, does that mean that she was Taemin’s Soomin sshi and Hyelim Noona's niece. People around me were looking at our table. I ducked down thinking that they were looking at me. turns out that Soomin was the other person sitting at our table. I still didn't get to see her face properly because by the time I looked up she was standing behind the bassist on a Keyboard. The lead guitarist came up to her and they discussed something. The bassist also joined the conversation and handed Soomin a piece of paper. Must be sheet music. 

 

It hit me just then…. wasn’t Hyelim noona going to hang out with her niece Soomin tonight. Then why did she call the person Mina?

 

Everyone started cheering. I guess that this pianist has played as a part of the band before. Wait did they say she was also a composer. Hmm that’s interesting. Taemin said he Soomin sshi in the composition department office. I guess she is the same person then after all.

 

Hyunjoong’s POV

 

“That’s interesting, they are a band of four members. but to keep everything real they get a pianist to help,” said Shinhye sshi

 

“I think so too,” I pitched in. “It helps out their performance to be more real and without background playback. I guess that could me their unique point.

 

“Well if they become a real band in our company every other instrument would be on playback. Nam Soomin Is Hyelim sshi's niece, she told me her niece was a pianist and a composer." said Woohyun hyung.

 

"Interesting, call her to FNC on Monday, maybe one of her compositions will suit the drama OST"

 

"Will do sir."

 

“Ok,” Sunmi sshi said. “Let’s continue the show shall we?”

 

They started off the song with the pianist playing on the keyboard. Wow she was really good. She must have had lessons from someone really good.

 

Once they finished the song changed it up again with Sunmi sshi and the drummer playing CNBLUE’s Minhyuk’s song from Heartstrings. Then the bassist and lead guitarist came back and they played TRAX’s Blind with Sunmi playing the acoustic and the other guitarist playing the Electric. Then they played FTIsland’s I Hope.

 

“Ok guys now we will have Nana unnie play for you guys. But you can’t get rid of us that easily. We will just be in the background.

 

Everyone started laughing. I guess Sunmi sshi has a sense of humor. Let her get to a part of this project. I’ll get my revenge somehow.

 

 

“Ok, that’s enough. Let’s give her a big hand for her first solo.”

 

Sunmi and Nana switched spots and they started off. The song choice was interesting; she picked Dreaming from the unofficial Dream high OST. With a female voice in the song it combines the best of the song from both Dream High versions.

 

G-Dragon’s POV

 

Wow I came here to stalk and end up listening to awesome rock music. This band really rocks. And that Mina pianist was awesome also. The main guitarist introduced her as her roommate, does that mean she is Navedita’s other roommate. I guess that all of Navedita’s roommates are musicians. That is actually pretty cool.

 

After the solo was over the main guitarist came back to the mic.

 

“Ok our show is almost over, just one more song. I know you can’t get enough of us. Why because we are the champions. Guys hit it!!”

 

The second guitarist started off the song. They did a rock version like I saw in a drama. Which one was it?...

 

Yongwha’s POV

 

They started off the last song. It was PSY’s Champion but they did a rock version like we did in Heartstrings, nice way to end of a performance. They sure know how to rock a house.

 

진정 즐길 줄 아는 여러분이 이 나라의 챔피언입니다.)

(Jinjong jurgirjur anun yorobuni inaraui chemphion ibnida)

All of those who truly know how to enjoy You are the champions of this nation – ha!

 

모두의 축제 서로 편가르지 않는 것이 숙제

Modui chugje soro phyongaruji anhnun goshi sugje

Everyone’s festival – Your homework is to not discriminate

 

소리 못 지르는 사람 오늘 술래

sori mod jirunun saram onur sulle

Those who can’t scream are today’s taggers

 

다같이 빙글 빙글 강강 수월래 강강 수월래

dagathi bingur bingur gang gang suwolle gang gang suwolle

Everyone goes round and round in a Korean circle dance, Korean circle dance (circle dance)

 

함성이 터져 메아리 퍼져

hamsongi thojyo meari phojyo

The screams erupt, the echoes spread

 

파도 타고 모두에게 퍼져

phado thago moduege phojyo

Do the wave, spreading it to everyone

 

커져 아름다운 젊은이 갈라져 있던 땅덩어리

khojyo arumdaun jormuni gallajyo idon tang dongori

And it grows big – the beautiful youth The once divided borderlines

 

둥글게 둥글게 돌고 도는 물레

dungurge dungurge durgo donun mulle

Round and round, it’s a life of a water mill

 

방아 인생 사나인데 가슴 쫙 펴고 화끈하게

banga inseng sanainde gasum jwag phyogo hwakun hage

You’re a man – so open wide your chest and live hotly

 

손뼉을 치면서 노래를 하면서

sonpyogur chimyonso norerur hamyonso

As you clap your hands, as you sing a song

 

이것 보소 남녀 노소 좌우로 흔들어

igoboso namgyo noso jwaurur hunduro

Hey, look here people of all ages and es Shake it to the left and right

 

Chorus

(챔피언) 소리 지르는 네가

(CHAMPION) sori jirunun nega

(Champion) you, who is screaming

 

(챔피언) 음악에 미치는 네가

(CHAMPION) umage michinun nega

(Champion) you, who is going crazy with the music

 

(챔피언) 인생 즐기는 네가

(CHAMPION) inseng jurginun nega

(Champion) you, who is enjoying life

 

(챔피언) 네가 (챔피언)네가

(CHAMPION) nega (CHAMPION) nega

(Champion) you (champion) you

 

(챔피언) 소리 지르는 네가

(CHAMPION) sori jirunun nega

(Champion) you, who is screaming

 

(챔피언) 음악에 미치는 네가

(CHAMPION) umage michinun nega

(Champion) you, who is going crazy with the music

 

(챔피언) 인생 즐기는 네가 챔피언~

(CHAMPION) inseng jurginun nega chempion~

(Champion) you, who is enjoying life, are the champion

Chorus

 

전경과 학생 서로 대립했었지만 나인 같아

Jongyogwa hagseng soro deribhessojiman nain gatha

The riot police and the students They opposed one another but they’re like court ladies

 

고로 열광하고 싶은 마음 같아

goro yorgwang hago shiphun maum gatha

Their desires to be enthusiastic are the same

 

오늘 부로 힘을 모아 합세 하나로 합체

onur buro himur moa habse hanaro habche

Starting from today, gather your strength and join forces and unite as one

 

모두 힘을 길러 젊음을 질러

modu himur gillo jormumur jillo

Gather your strength and shout out your youth

 

자유로운 외침이 저기 높은 하늘을 찔러

jayuroun wechimi jogi nophun hanurur jillo

The free shouts will ring across the high skies

 

소리 질러 우리는 제도권 killer

sori jillo urinun jedogwon KILLER

Scream – we are killers of the status quo

 

둥글게 둥글게 돌고 도는 물레

dungurge dungurge durgo donun mulle

Round and round, it’s a life of a water mill

 

방아 인생 사람인데

banga inseng saraminde

Everyone is human so everyone link arms

 

똑같이 모두 어깨 동무

tokathi modu oke dongmu

As you clap your hands, as you sing a song

 

손뼉을 치면서 노래를 하면서

sonpyogur chimyonso norerur hamyonso

Without any cliques, without any ual discrimination

 

파벌 없이 성별 없이 앞뒤로 흔들어

phabor obshi songbyor obshi aphdwiro hunduro

Shake it from the front to the back

 

(Repeat Chorus)

 

질러 볼까 더 크게

Jillo borka do khuge

Shall we scream more loudly?

 

뛰어 올라 더 높게

twio olla do nophge

Shall we jump even higher?

 

내일 걱정은 낼 모레

neir gog jongun ner more

Tomorrow’s worries are pushed back to the day after tomorrow

 

모두들 미쳐 보게

modudur michyo boge

Everyone go crazy

 

둥글게 둥글게 돌고 도는 물레

Dungurge dungurge durgo donun mulle

Round and round, it’s a life of a water mill

 

방아 인생 한방인데 바람 따라 구름 따라

banga inseng hanbon inde baram tara gurum tara

There’s just one life to live So follow the wind, follow the clouds

 

손뼉을 치면서 노래를 하면서

sonpyogur chimyonso norerur hamyonso

As you clap your hands, as you sing a song

 

주먹을 쫙 피고 하늘로 아래 위로 흔들어

jumogur jwag phigo hanullo are wiro hunduro

Unclench your fists and up to the sky shake it from the top to the bottom

(Repeat Chorus)

 

After they finished off the song they all headed to the front of the stage and bowed while thanking everyone. After a few bows they went backstage.

 

“So shall I take this as a unanimous decision and scout these guys” Asked Woohyun hyung.

 

“Is that a question that needs to be asked?” said Eunhye sshi.

 

“Well then if everyone is ready let’s get Sunhye sshi here and meet the band officially.” Said the Hajangnim (director).

 

The director waved at Sunhye sshi and she came over.

 

“We would like to meet your sister and her band. We have made our decision.”

 

“Follow me then.”

 

Mina’s POV

 

“Woohyun sshi is heading backstage. That must mean that their party like S.D.N.A’s performance” said Eemonim.

 

“I guess so, now two of my roommates are going to debut.”

 

“Well you can also if you let me show…”

 

“I’m not ready yet Eemonim. I have to go to school now. I have a composition assignment to work on” I said. I grabbed my backpack of my chair and looked at her. Forgetting about the other guy sitting at the table…

 

Onew’s POV

 

“Arrasso, take a taxi though." said Hyelim noona, "It is really dark outside and unsafe o walk to a subway station. I will wait here for Sunmi and we will go home together. What time will you be back home?” she asked

 

“Well since it is a weekend I will be back home at one.”

 

“Arrasso, call me when you are at school ok.” Said Hyelim Noona

 

“Deh Eemonim.” She replied and walked out of the restaurant. I also started to get up when Hyelim Noona spoke.

 

“Onew-ah, don’t think for a second that you didn’t get caught.”

 

Shocked I looked straight at her. She was giving me a smirk look as in ‘I caught you so now where are you going to run’

 

“How did you know it was me noona?” I asked with my normal voice. There is no point in changing my voice now that I am caught.

 

“Well you can forget but I can’t forget that I was your Coordi noona for two years after debut and helped you out pre-debut. I know every style that you can wear, and how you would look in a disguise of any kind.”

 

“Ah yeh, I guess I forgot about it.”

 

“Well then at the party you guys are going to throw me there will be no alcohol for you guys.”

 

“I am the one who did the crime. Why should the rest do the time?”

 

“Well then only you. But I can let you off if you tell me why are sneaking around a public place like this at your age?”

 

“I favour for a friend is the only answer I can give you noona.”

 

“Fine then, I wanted to introduce my niece to you tomorrow but I guess that you already met her today.”

 

“Yeah. She is a really good pianist noona.”

 

“She is more than that. But that is something that she would either tell you or you find out yourself. I am going to hang out here for a while. You are going to stick around too?”

 

“I have to go. I need to pick up Taemin soon from school. I’ll meet my friend tomorrow.”

 

“Don’t worry if I see your friend I’ll say hi.” She got out of her seat and headed backstage. I quickly grabbed my keys of the table and headed out also. Noona is scary even till now…

 

Navedita’s POV

 

We headed out of the café and stood outside. The rest of the guys had either a ride, car, or taxi coming for them. Whichever it was I as their leader would wait till they are in one of those safe and sound.

 

The door chimed behind us and a guy wearing a baseball cap came out he stood under a little away from us texting on his phone. We looked away and started talking. The guys ride’s came and they left. I was about to also head to the subway station when the baseball cap dude coughed. I ignored it and continued walking. That is when he spoke out.

 

“You know it is rude to ignore a sunbae like that.”

 

Because the voice sounded familiar I turned around. The baseball cap dude looked both ways and grabbed my hand.

 

“What the heck. Who are you ahjusshi, where are you taking me?”

 

He didn’t answer my questions and dragged me to a car. Does that mean he, he opened the door and gestured for me to sit. What am I crazy to sit in a stranger’s car. He left me alone and walked to the other side. He then took of his baseball cap and left me shocked with the face hidden.

 

“Jiyoung Sunbae?”

 

“Yup who did you expect it was.”

 

“You don’t even want to know. What are you doing out here in Seochu sunbae?”

 

“I was in the café getting the coffee that Daesung likes. I saw you heading out to the subway station and thought you are crazy. It is almost 9; it’s not safe to take the subway at this time. I’ll drop you home.”

 

“It’s alright sunbae I’ve taken the subway at times later than this and…”

 

“Rule #1: never say NO to G-Dragon, arrasso?”

 

“Deh sunbae”

 

“Good get in.”

 

I got into his car and put on the seat belt.

 

“Ok where do you live Navedita sshi?”

 

“Yangjae”

 

“Wait, didn’t your file say that you lived close to YG, why is your house in Yangjae then?”

 

“Don’t worry no one needs to know, YG saem already does and he is ok with it. Plus today is my last day there.”

 

“Fine, if hyung is cool with it then I got no problem.”

 

With that he drove towards Yangjae and once in the area I gave him the directions to Mina’s house.

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

“That was a great performance you guys. The crowd loved us.”

 

“I think so too noona. We were on fire.” Said Kwunghee

 

“Definitely Sunmi we rocked.” Said Nana unnie

 

“Your solo was awesome, you picked a great song. Next time it has to be your own composition, ok unnie?” I asked

 

“Don’t worry I will finalize things with Mina and then the song will be ready, you are the one who will arrange it right.”

 

“Of course she will,” said Chaekyung. “She does most of the arrangement for our band and we rock that way.”

 

“Thanks Chaekyung, but it is our teamwork that makes our performances rock.”

 

Just then there was a knock on the door.

 

“Who is it?” I asked

 

“It’s me Sunmi. Some people want to see you guys.”

 

“Arrasso unnie, come in.”

 

Unnie walked in with two ahjusshi’s and four baseball cap people came in behind her. She closed the door behind them.

 

“Everyone please take a seat.” Said Nana unnie

 

“The door is closed you guys,” said one of the ahjusshi’s. “It is safe now.”

 

“Cool ahjusshi, it was staring to get sweating wearing these things,” said one of the baseball cap people.

 

Three out four baseball cap people took of their caps. Omo! It was Park Shinhye, Yoon Eunhye, and Yongwha Sunbae.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Yongwha sunbae” we all said in unison.

 

“You guys know each other?” asked the other ahjusshi.

 

“Deh Hajangnim I know this band. They go the university I attended. In fact I met them when they first started out in a guitar club orientation, you guys were awesome today.”

 

“Thank you Sunbae.” I said “it truly means a lot to us. If it wasn’t for you and Hongki sunbae we would never have started. What brings you here today though?”

 

“Now we are getting down to business,” the Hajangnim said. “We are here along with this representative from FNC Entertainment to scout you guys and want you guys to join the company.

 

“Did you here that Noona, they want us to be trainees under FNC, isn’t that wicked!!” said Kwunghee.

 

“Oh im sorry we did get properly introduced yet.” Said the ahjusshi “My name is Kim Woohyun, I am representing FNC today. If you guys do become trainees then I will become your manager. With me we have Director Seo who is directing a new drama in which our company is in charge of the OST. Why don’t you guys introduce yourselves one by one?”

 

“Deh Ahjusshi, Annyeonghaseyo choneun Park Sunmi immida, I play guitar and do main vocals.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, choneun Go Nana immida, I am sub-vocals and main guitarist, also am the oldest noona/unnie in the band.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, choneun Gu Chaekyung immida, I go by the stage name Annie, I play bass and also sub-vocals as well.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, choneun Lee Kwunghee immida, I also go by a stage name, Daniel. I play drums and the only guy plus the maknae of this group.”

 

“Wow and your band name is S.D.N.A. can I ask what that means?”

 

“Well,” started Nana, “the name represents all of our names, but also means Special D.N.A., meaning that we are special and come together to from this unique band.”

 

“Interesting well, the idols we have here today are the main leads of the drama that director Seo is a part of. We have Yoon Eunhye sshi, Park Shinhye sshi, Jung Yongwha sshi, and wait… Hyunjoong sshi. Why didn’t you take of your baseball cap yet?”

 

“Oh sorry Ahjusshi, one second.” Wait that voice sounded familiar. Is it who I think it is? The last idol took of his cap and smirked at me.

 

!!! It is Hyunjoong oppa, , , ; I looked at Nana who was giving me the same look. I looked at unnie who was also giving me the same look also: What now???

 

Café Blue – 9:00 pm

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Hyunjoong immida.”

 

“Well now that we all have been introduced let me tell you the rest of our proposal. What we also wanted was that not only you would become trainees under FNC, but since you are well trained, I heard that all you are music majors. Well we also wanted that in about two months you would debut, first in the OST of our drama, even have a guest appearance, and then you would debut officially with your first album. If you guys want, you can keep your pianist and she would be recorded on the back track in your albums. What was her name again?..

 

“That Nam Soomin,” someone said behind him. Everyone turned to look at the door. Standing at the door was Mina’s Eemonim. She walked in and stood beside my unnie. I don’t think I mentioned this but the both of them were high-school mates and bonded over the fact that they took responsibility over someone at such a young age. The both of them were good friends and constantly hung out when Unnie wasn’t busy with work and Hyelim Unnie as she likes to be called was in the country.

 

“To have my niece’s permission you would need to ask her yourself Woohyun sshi.”

 

“Of course Hyelim sshi,” said the director we would ask her when the time comes. But for now, are you guys interested in a proposal?”

 

“Everyone, group meeting… Unnie the café is closed right?”

 

“Yes it is,” said unnie. “We are the only ones in the café now.”

 

“Ok group meeting in the Kitchen, if you will excuse us.”

 

“By all means,” said Woohyun ahjusshi.

 

The band and I went to the kitchen while everyone else stayed back in the change-room.

 

Yoon Eunhye’s POV

I guess they are really considering this proposal. It would be really cool if they would join up. They really can rock! The only suspicious thing was that after Hyunjoong sshi took of his cap the leader eyes popped out of her face. That can only mean two things.

 

One, she is a major fan girl of Kim Hyunjoong, or two, they two of them now each other. I think it is a mix of both in this case. As an actor I have been trained in every expression, and the look that Sunmi sshi was of fear of being caught and Hyunjoong I noticed also looked like a person who cornered his prey. What is the back story of these two?