Changing Tides

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ ①⑧
 

Here is more for the people who have been waiting for me to update. Those who are new to the story I welcome you here to spazz out on the leaders I have chosen for this story.

 

Norebang near MBC- 6:00 pm

Mina's POV

"hey, if it alright with you Soomin sshi, can I be your partner, I haven't gotten to sing yet."

I turned around to look at the person who volunteer to be my partner. Looking the person you can say I was quite shocked.

"is it ok Soomin sshi" asked Onew sshi.

"I really do not have a good voice you can sing with someone else and it would be much better."

"I guess I would be forceful if I continue. Very well, I will do a solo."

He came up to the stage while everyone was giving curious stares. I looked away from everyone else and sat back down."

He picked up the mic and started to sing.

 

"Counting Stars"

[Chorus]

Lately I been, I been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Yeah, we'll be counting stars

 

[Verse 1]

I see this life

Like a swinging vine

Swing my heart across the line

In my face is flashing signs

Seek it out and ye shall find

 

Old, but I'm not that old

Young, but I'm not that bold

And I don't think the world is sold

I'm just doing what we're told

 

I feel something so right

By doing the wrong thing

And I feel something so wrong

By doing the right thing

I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

 

He looked over at me with this indecisive look on his face

 

[Chorus]

Lately I been, I been losing sleep (hey!)

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard (hey!)

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Lately I been, I been losing sleep (hey!)

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard (hey!)

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be, we'll be counting stars

 

[Verse 2]

I feel the love

And I feel it burn

Down this river every turn

Hope is our four letter word

Make that money

Watch it burn

 

He started doing a bit of a dance. He seems to really enjoy himself when he is singing. How would it feel like if I took that chance as well.

 

Old, but I'm not that old

Young, but I'm not that bold

And I don't think the world is sold

I'm just doing what we're told

 

And I feel something so wrong

By doing the right thing

I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

 

[Chorus]

Lately I been, I been losing sleep (hey!)

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Lately I been, I been losing sleep (hey!)

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard (hey!)

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be, we'll be counting stars

 

Oh, oh, oh.

 

[Bridge 4x:]

Take that money

Watch it burn

Sing in the river

The lessons I learned

 

Everyone started singing along with him at this point. The party is really in full swing.

 

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

 

[Chorus]

Lately I been, I been losing sleep (hey!)

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard (hey!)

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Lately I been, I been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be, we'll be counting stars

 

[Outro 4x:]

Take that money

Watch it burn

Sing in the river

The lessons I learned

 

He finished the song and I looked away from Onew with who I was having eye contact with throughout the whole song. Funny thing was there was something in his eyes that made me feel ok and as long as I was looking at them. I looked at Eemonim who was smiling at me like a giddy fan girl while everyone else just stared at me.

 

Onew's POV

 

That was amazing. Performing always does this to me, makes me feel a rush like no other. Only this time I got up to save someone hesitant about going up on the stage. At least that is why I think I did what I did. I guess when I noticed that she did not want to go up on the stage I had to help her out in some way. It was like something in me forced me to come to the forefront that I usually don't do. Even with the members I am usually in the background and letting them shine.

I got of the stage and went back to my seats. The others started once again choosing who would get to sing next. I looked over at Soomin sshi who was looking at her phone randomly. I felt someone sit next to me and stopped looking at her.

" Onew-ah, you really did a good job really made the party rock."

I turned to look at Victoria Noona who was looking at me with a particular expression.

"you know me noona, always helping out others."

"well it took a lot of guts to actually stand up and take the place of someone else in the first place. That you are also going to say is the way you are huh?"

"aish noona, always trying to read my inner thoughts."

"well, I guess that is the way I am. Anyways do you know who Soomin sshi's Omma is?"

"Molla (don't know). Who is she, all I heard from Hyelim noona is that she was a awesome person and her Hyungbo was a composer."

"well when she scouted me, she mentioned that her unnie knew the people at the dance school I was going to in Beijing. So I am guessing that she either was either a dancer, artist or contributor to the school. The school was pretty elite at the time I went and before then."

"well then considering that Hyelim holds a scout job and is taking care of her niece since she was 16 then she must me a dancer or an artist. But we would have heard about someone like that."

"anyways, I was going to ask my old teacher when I go in two weeks to China for promotions of my new drama, I can tell you once I find out if you want?"

"I didn't say I was interested in knowing or anything."

"deny it all you want but I get the feeling that something is starting. But since you haven't realized it I won't push you. Instead I will say that its okay to open up your heart to someone. Just make sure you aren't the one to hurt them in the end."

With that she got up and left, leaving me to ponder over what she said.

 

2ne1 building - 7:30 pm

Sunmi's POV

We have been nonstop partying, the food is great thanks to the guys barbeque plus the pizza ordered. And then there was good party music thanks to the playlist Mina set up for us. I was sitting in the living room watching 2ne1's Minzy and Taeyang with Daesung busting out moves in the middle of the room. They cleared away the coffee table so that they can do break-dancing but almost hit the sound system so let go of that idea. Instead right now they are trying to see who can be the slickest. I for one cannot dance. I can move to a beat in a club that’s it. For me its music and especially playing my guitar that sets me free.

I decided to text Mina to see how she is doing.

Hey Mina-yi how are things going at your party

She replied back quickly

Eemonim is already tipsy and almost made me sing in front of a group of people I do not know. Well I have seen them on TV and stuff but still... Unnie Eottoke?

I replied back to her

Chincha what happened. Did you sing???

No someone else went and sung instead.

Really who???

You will not believe me if I told you :(

Really… try me

It was Onew sshi

REALLLLLLYYYY the ONEWWWW as in SHINEE'S ONEW!!!!

Yeah.

Well it seems like there is more to this then you are telling me.

Stop texting me and enjoy the party.

I scoffed and replied.

Trying to change the subject missy. Let me remind you I have ways of getting information out of people.

Arrasso.

I put my phone in my pocket as I watched as everyone was getting food or hanging out. Felling kinda of left out I decided to head home, so I went to Nikki who was talking with CL sshi and Bom sshi.

"hey Nikki, listen I gotta head out now, I have an appointment tomorrow."

"oh yeah you are gonna meet FNC entertainment's CEO tomorrow. Good luck, Sunmi Hwighting!!!"

"Hwighting!!"

I got my purse from Nikki's room and headed to the subway. I forgot to bring my skateboard or I would have just ridden that home. Oh well I feel a bit tipsy after the couple of soju shots I had. Plus the subway is the perfect place to relax your mind, especially when you have to face soon than you expected.

 

Norebang near MBC- 8:00 pm

Taemin's POV

The party was winding down now. Everyone slowly starting to leave, probably because tomorrow is a work day and the artists also  Key left already because he has a schedule tomorrow morning. The last party members which were F(x) just left so it was me Onew hyung Soomin sshi and Hyelim noona. Soomin sshi was helping clean up the place while Onew hyung was fixing the cushions. Hyung put me in charge of making sure that Hyelim noona wouldn't drink any more than she has. That is easier said than done. I forgot after not having a drink with noona that once she starts it is hard to get her to stop. And also that when she does get drunk she is really hard to handle. For that I pity Soomin sshi. I thought it was hard handling her before, but thinking about how to handle a person once the are at home. Usually we as a group drink at home so that if one of us loses it, it would be in the confines of our dorm. But here, Hyelim noona has been drinking like no tomorrow. She must have really been homesick.

"noona… please stop drinking. Don't make things hard for your self."

"shiro (I don't want to). Today I am really happy, do you know why??~~~" she asked in a sing-song voice

"Molla noona?"

"because I am back home after almost a year. I had leave my friends and home behind. Most of all I had to leave my family behind. Saranghae Mina"

"Deh eemonim, Me too" she replied with a smile on her face.

"Mina, you have been visiting Omma while I was gone right she must have been so lonely this year. And you did unnie and Hyungbo's memorial properly, it had to be the week after I left" she said with a sad face

"don't worry eemonim" she said putting the last of the empty bottles in a garbage bag. "Halmeoni is fine and missed you a lot, I visited her every break I had from school and I did the memorial with her."

"good job Mina. I am sleepy, you sang great today, like you showed me through your video messages, you have really improve both your singing and your…"

"Eemonim, kaja" Mina said coming beside noona all of a sudden. "jeusumidha Taemin sshi, Onew sshi, when Eemonim gets drunk she starts splurging out all kinds of nonsense. Need to get her home.

She took Noona's bag and put in around her neck and her arms around her shoulder. She them started to get up when Noona finally passed out from being too drunk.

"Eottoke, now how am I going to get her to the car, she weighs a ton when she isn't conscious."

"I'll piggyback her to your car Soomin sshi." Onew Hyung  said coming up to her. "Taemin help me get noona on my back"

"arrasso" snapping out of my thoughts.

We got noona to Soomin sshi's car and stood outside for a bit. Onew called manager hyung to send the car while I talked with Soomin sshi.

"well it was nice seeing you Taemin sshi, and thanks for inviting me"

"no problem, so why were you in the composition department that day, if I may ask."

"the professor borrow my midterm composition, she said she wanted to do something with it."

"oh I see."

"why were you there Taemin sshi?"

"the school told me to pick up my midterm in the composition department. I am actually not part of that department, it is to divert the crazy fans that stalk me at school."

"ah I see. Must be tough being a star."

"not really. Sure it gets hard sometimes, but when I am on that stage living my dream then everything seems ok."

Onew hyung walked back over to us.

"bad new Taemin, Key passed out after reaching home so manager hyung is taking care of him and can't send the car either."

"umm can I suggest something." Soomin sshi said, "you guys live in Gangnam near SM according to what Eemonim told me."

"deh majayo (yes, that's right)"

"well we live in Yangjae so why don’t I give you a ride."

"ok cool, I get to ride in a car like that, thank you Soomin sshi"

"thank you Soomin sshi"

"no problem"

We all got into Soomin sshi car and drove off. Never in my life would I have imagined riding in a car like this. It’s a classic for sure. The cars I have posed with during mv's seem like cupcakes compared to the cake that this car is.

 

Onew's POV

Soomin sshi  started of and  while I was  decided to play on my phone. Daesung apparently texted me while I was on the phone with manager hyung.

Onew-ah!!!! Guess what, I got to see the coolest car ever today. A white classic Hyundai :) jealous???

I laughed at that. Wait… did he say classic white Hyundai… if I am not mistaken I am sitting in one right now… and probably there are not that many cars like this out on the road.

Where did you see this car????

He replied back pretty quick.

I saw it in front of 2ne1's dorm. There was a party there that I was invited to. Why are you asking like your life depended on it?

Oh no reason, just me being random :)

I haven't gotten to see you or Yongwha lately since you guys got discharged. Can we meet up soon??

Sure. Ill set you know what my schedule is like. I heard Yongwha is also going to be in a drama soon so lets meet up before then. right now I'm not at home so ill three way with you and Yongwha when I get home.

Arrasso.

I looked towards Soomin who had her eyes on the road. The eyes I couldn't really read with her wearing glasses. I guess it was a coincidence. I mean how can Soomin sshi been at a party that 2ne1 held when her Eemonim works for SM. With that simple logic explaining things I went back to playing around on my phone. I decided to tweet for a bit.

Skehehdanfdldi: today was a awesome day, got hang out with new people and people I haven't met since I got discharged. I also surprised myself. World get ready for the me that you have never seen before. Shinee world also get ready cause I am back!!!

I posted that tweet and sat back in my seat. Soomin was humming while driving, kinda of like she was in her own world. I was surprised when we sang together back at the norebang. She may seem shy and timid but I guess there is more than meet the eye. The car stopped at a red light and Soomin took out a clipboard from under the seat.

"Sorry if this may seem weird but do any of you know how to write sheet music?" she asked

"Hyung does." said Taemin "he wrote a song for one of our albums"

"can you then please write this down." she said giving me the clipboard.

"ok" I replied unsurely

She told me what notes to write down and the kind of notes while she was driving. I was listening carefully and writing it down as neatly as I could. She continued till you can say that one verse was written down. I finished and gave it back to her after we stopped at another red light. She looked over it and put it back under my seat.

"thanks Onew sshi"

"No problem…"

"sorry if I made you awkward… its just that I just thought of a great tune and couldn't help but write it down. my teachers say that it is weird but weird in a good way. I guess I take after my Appa like that." she said smiling wistfully. "oh we are here. She said as she parked in front of our dorm.

"thank you Soomin sshi. Maybe we will see each other at school." said Taemin.

"Maybe. Anyways thanks for helping me with Eemonim today and for the party you guys threw her. I'll make sure that she comes to work tomorrow without a hangover but will let the company know is she can't make it."

"actually she said earlier that she has a prior appointment so she will start at work in the afternoon" I said recalling when Hyelim noona told me that.

"oh, I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me. annyhikaseyo"

Me and Taemin waited till she left before we headed inside.

"hyung, how old do you think Soomin sshi is?"

"I heard her say to Luna that she was a 93'er"

"that means she is the same age as me then."

We reached our floor and entered the dorm. There manager hyung was on the phone with someone with a serious look on his face.

"Arrasso. Glad you called… he doesn't have a schedule tomorrow… deh… glad we back on track… then we will see you tomorrow." he hung up the phone and turned to look at us.

"who was hyung?" asked Taemin

"it was the composer who wrote Onew's solo song for this album. He is back from his visit back home earlier than he expected and was wondering when we would start on the track. Taemin and Key have classes tomorrow so they will be going to school and I checked your schedule Onew-ah and you have nothing tomorrow.  So tomorrow we will record your solo track and we will send the tracks to the choreographer who will have them ready in two weeks. The comeback will be in a month from now in June."

"arrasso. Then I'll hit the sack so that I am ready for recording tomorrow." I headed to my room and got ready to go to sleep

 

K-Arts Teacher's Office - 9:00pm

3rd person POV

"we are almost done our meeting for today. Just the final piece on the agenda. This year's summer show" said the dean

"for that I have the musical play we will work on. I chose it out of the entries last year. This one is interesting because it is not only an original idea but will also be liked by the drama industry. It is a love story taking place in a university setting. What is interesting is that he did not create songs for this script but used OSTs from dramas to display the right feelings at each point. We will just need a composer good enough to tweak things and create the right mood."

"do you have anyone in mind" asked the Dean

"there is someone I have in mind" said Professor Min

"who is that person." asked another one of the professors

"it is Nam Soomin, 3rd year student."

"Professor Nam's daughter?" asked the Dean

"Majayo" said Professor Min "she has seem to have inherited her Father's musical talent and scored the highest mark in the composition exam. That is between us teachers though. Out of the school she has been working with a friends band and writing music for them. I also heard that that friends is soon going to be a part of FNC Entertainment and they have taken an interest in her composition talent. I think that much speaks for itself that she has what it takes to make this show rock. This is not just my biased opinion because though her Father was a great sunbae to me, she has the talent to be able to shine."

"I think with that much of a review we should consider her as the composer. Do you have any one of her compositions with you?" asked the vocals professor.

"yes I do." professor Min said taking out the composition she borrowed from Mina. Her midterm. The teacher all took turns taking a look at the piece. They seem to agree with Professor Min.

"well I guess Nam Soomin is the composer for this show. As for the auditions, when are we planning to start?"

"we will start next week. The notable alumni have expressed interest in taking part in the show. But we must keep things fair so we will have an audition with the students only within the school."

"ok, now that is settled this meeting is adjourned"…