A Good Shock

Our Dreams, Our Lives 우리의 꿈, 우리의 삶

ϹɧαÞTƐƦ ①⓪

 

Here is an update on this beautiful Thursday for you. The sun is shining outside so my spirits are lifted.

 

Yangjae – 4:30

 

Mina’s POV

 

I walked home from school after getting my song back from the composition department. It was cool to see Lee Taemin in the office. I knew he went to the school but since he is a hoobae I did not get a glance of him. Plus he is an idol so it’s totally understandable. Wait till I tell eemonim that I saw one her company’s idols. She will freak out. I reached home and locked the door behind me. I looked toward the clock and saw it was almost five. And that’s when I have to get to work. I currently work at the private dance studio in Gangnam as a secretary. It was actually my aunt’s connections that I got the job, apparently a few of the SM trainees have trained here.

 

Speaking of which I took out my cell phone and checked for any messages from eemonim, there was one message from her. I clicked on it…

 

Hey Mina-ie my work is done here in the states. I’m on the next flight back so I’ll see you tomorrow. How are things going on in Seoul? You must be working hard. I heard your midterms are in. make sure to show them to me when I get back. Oh and I got something for you. Annyeong.

 

Yay!!! eemonim is coming back tomorrow. That means when I get home I have to clean up her room and let Sunmi and Navedita unnie know. I got to work turning on the computer and putting on my head set. My co-worker came in the next moment.

 

“Soomin-ah annyeong”

 

“Annyeonghasmika unnie (how are you unnie)?”

 

“I’m fine, you look good, is it know a new trend to wear one earring.”

 

“Aniyo, wae?”

 

“Because you have one earring on that’s why”

 

“Bwoh!!!” I felt my ears and realized that I was in fact missing one of my earrings.

 

“Eottoke, it was a gift from my Omma. And eemonim is coming back tomorrow, aish.”

 

“Well when was the last time you saw you had it on?”

 

“Well I went to the washroom before my meeting in the composition department, after that I came straight here.”

 

“So you must have dropped it in the composition office, or on your way here.”

 

“Unnie cover for me I am going to check the way.”

 

“Aeh, what do you mean. If someone at your school found it them they would have handed it in.”

 

“But today's Friday and it’s almost 5, the offices at school will close soon, so I won’t be able to check till Monday. Aish…”

 

“Don’t worry, things will turn out ok.”

 

“I hope so unnie. Anyways what do we have to do today?”

 

“Well there will be new students in the evening class so can you go to the practice room later and get there details. The class starts at five-thirty.”

 

“Arrasso… unnie just wants to sit down. Lazy unnie.”

 

“Yah, you little, anyways can you do unnie this favour.”

 

“Ok.”

 

So we got down to work organizing paperwork for the studio and answering calls. We were busy in this when unnie caught the time and it was 6.

 

“Soomin-ah, you better go and get the registration forms done for the new students,” she checked the class listings, “they are in Studio 2. Pali go.”

 

“Ok,” I grabbed the clipboard and went to the Studio, forgetting that my phone in the office and also forgetting that it was on silent…

 

SM Entertainment – 6:00 pm

 

Onew’s POV

 

Me and Key just got in and went straight to the practice room. We put down our stuff and lazed out for a bit. Key started playing on his phone and I was listening to music. That’s when I got a text from Yongwha.

 

Hey Onew, do you time off tonight around 9 or tomorrow, there’s something that I need to tell you.

 

He seems really agitated. I quickly shot back a reply.

 

We don’t have anything going on, where do you want to meet?

 

He quickly replied back…

 

Can we meet at the café in Myeongdong

 

Arrasso I’ll see you then

 

I put away my phone when our manager came in with Taemin.

 

“Ok guys, we do not really have a lot to do except finalize your schedules so that we can start recording over the weekend. So do any of you guys have plans that I need to know about.”

 

“Nothing for me hyung except a composition assignment I need to work on so I’ll need some time for that,” said Taemin.

 

“Ok, how about you Key?”

 

“Just a get together with the 91 line tomorrow night.”

 

“Arrasso I’ll let you go, it’s not like you guys get to meet up often.”

 

“That’s so true. Wish we can…”

 

“Ok, can I count on you being free this weekend Onew?”

 

“Yup, no plans this weekend.”

 

“Arrasso, if all goes as planned then we will finish recording this weekend and the choreographers will come up with the dance for your comeback by Friday so I’d say sometime in between one of you guys go check it out first. I recommend Taemin since it’s your campus but the rest of you also have a lot of time. It’s best to go at night. There are less students also you have the cover of darkness on your side.”

 

“Arrasso Hyung, by the way did you get to find out which studio we will be practicing in. just in case one of has time to check it out.”

 

“Ok it’s the North studio on your campus…”

 

Downtown Café - 6:00 pm

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

“Unnie I am here.” I called out coming in through the back entrance.

 

“Ok change and come out on the stage, the house is almost full tonight, so do your best arrasso.”

 

“Neh, unnie’s boyfriend is here also?”

 

“Aniya, he had to fly to japan for some work this morning, he won’t be coming till today or the day after.”

 

“Ah, I see. Anyways im going to go set up on the stage, and tomorrow the band is coming with me, I have invited my roommates to come watch.”

 

“Chincha, your housemates are cool, I’ll put a reserve table ready for them tomorrow. Arrasso.”

 

“Neh, Unnie is the best.”

 

“Yeh, Sunmi Hwighting!!!”

 

“Neh, Hwighting.”

 

I walked out to the stage, unnie was right, there are a lot of people here tonight, and luckily today in guitar club my friend and unnie Nana, helped me figure out a song to sing.

 

Flashback…

 

I was first to reach the club room so I right away got started with warming up, finishing that up I took out my IPod and started browsing through the songs.

 

“Hmm… which songs should I play tonight?”

 

“How about I help?”

 

“Ah unnie, Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

“Annyeong. So you need help picking a song.”

 

“Yup. Any suggestions.”

 

“Well I was listening to this on my way here, listen,” she took out her phone and gave me an earphone, and we both sat there listening”…

 

“It’s Perfect unnie, I’ll use it tonight. And I have another great song for tomorrow night that we will play with the band, so don’t be late, tomorrow at 10.” Nana unnie plays Guitar in our band.

 

“Arrasso, just e-mail the song out so we can print out the sheet music.”

 

“No need, I have it with me so I’ll give it to you guys when oppa and Youngmin get in”

 

“Fine.”

 

Flashback ends…

 

So here I am sitting on stage with my guitar tuned waiting for unnie to finish my introduction.

 

“Well I know most of you know her but for the first timers my dongseng Sunmi”…

 

Outside Downtown Café – 6:15 pm

 

Hyunjoong’s POV

 

I just got out of a meeting with my management who are really pushing me to not delay my decision when I sprouted the news that I got into a drama. It took an hour to get them to settle down and they agreed to support me and will not let me delay till next year June. Luckily no one got earlier word of me auditioning or else they would have stopped me. Luckily manager hyung did not spill the beans and acted like he did not know anything. But now to make up for what I put him through he wants me to pick up coffee from his favourite café, the very same café where my white shirt got ruined. Aish, why couldn’t hyung like coffee from somewhere else? Anyways I put on my disguise and headed there; coming closer to the café I saw that it was quite busy. Maybe because it was Friday night, and its located downtown. At least this way no one will notice me. I walked in and everyone was faced towards there stage. And that same person I saw behind the counter on that day… the one who looked familiar.

 

“Well I know most of you know her but for the first timers my dongseng Sunmi”

 

Wait did she say Sunmi, that’s who she called the person that spilled coffee on me… I guess it was a good idea to come here… now I will get to tell her off and see her face this time… not that I want to or anything… it’s just for knowledge purposes. Slowly I inched closer towards the stage and stopped when I was in a position where I can see her but she can’t see me. I watched as she adjusted her guitar and then started off… wait this is my song…

 

내가 몰랐었나봐

Nae-ga mol-lass-eo-na-bwa

I guess I did not know

 

너를 몰랐었나봐

Neo-reul mol-lass-eo-na-bwa

I guess you did not know

 

이렇게 가까이에 있는데

I-reoh-ge deo ga-gga-i-e itt-neun-de

That we are standing too close like this

 

정말 소중한 것은 사라져간 후에야

Jeong-mal so-jung-han geos-eun sa-ra-jyeo-gan hu-e-ya

We can’t really let this beautiful thing disappears

 

알수 있는가봐 지금의 너처럼

Al-su itt-neun-ga-bwa ji-geum-eui neo-cheo-reom

Now you will understand me

 

미안해 니가 흘린눈물 알지 못해

Mi-an-hae ni-ga heul-rin-nun-mul al-ji mot-hae

I’m sorry that I didn’t know the reason behind those tears

 

미안해 이제서야 니앞에 와서

Mi-an-hae i-je-seo-ya ni-ap-e wa-seo

I’ll never regret, I will only love you

 

One More Time One More Time

One More Time One More Time

 

다시 한번 내곁으로 와줄순 없겠니

Da-shi han-beon nae-gyeot-eu-ro wa-jul-sun eobs-gett-ni

Can you return to my side once again?

 

언제나 너만을 사랑해

Eon-je-na neo-man-eul sa-rang-hae

I will always love you

 

늦은 후회만큼 사랑할께

Neuj-eun-i hu-hoe-man-keum deo sa-rang-hal-gge

I’m sorry, now I’m right in front of you

 

바보같은 내가

Ba-bo-gat-eun nae-ga neol

I’m so foolish

 

마음에 없는 말들로

Ma-eum-e eobs-neun mal-deul-ro

For not knowing what’s inside your heart

 

그렇게 많이 아프게 했나봐

Geu-reoh-ge manh-i a-peu-ge haett-na-bwa

It seems to be in pain

 

니가 아니였다면 몰랐을 행복인데

Ni-ga a-ni-yeott-da-myeon mol-lass-eul haeng-bok-in-de

Without you I don’t happiness

 

이제야 알았어 니가 사랑이란걸

I-je-ya al--eo ni-ga sa-rang-i-ran-geol

Now I understand what love is

 

고마워 소중한 사랑을 가르쳐줘

Go-ma-weo so-jung-han sa-rang-eul ga-reu-chyeo-jweo

Thank you for teaching me about love

 

고마워 이제 내가 사랑할게

Go-ma-weo i-je nae-ga deo sa-rang-hal-ge

Thanks you, now I will know how to love you more

 

One More Time One More Time

One More Time One More Time

 

다시 한번 내곁으로 와줄순 없겠니

Da-shi han-beon nae-gyeot-eu-ro wa-jul-sun eobs-gett-ni

I’ll never regret, I will only love you

 

언제나 너만을 사랑해

Eon-je-na neo-man-eul sa-rang-hae

Can you return to my side once again?

 

늦은 후회만큼 사랑할께

Neuj-eun-i hu-hoe-man-keum deo sa-rang-hal-gge

I will always love you

 

One More Time One More Time

One More Time One More Time

 

사랑해 사랑해 이런 나를 다시 받아줄순 없겠니

Sa-rang-hae neol sa-rang-hae i-reon na-reul da-shi bad-a-jul-sun eobs-gett-ni

I love you, I love you

 

언제나 내게 사랑

Eon-je-na nae-ge jun geu sa-rang

Will you accept me again someday?

 

내가 갚을 있게

Nae-ge da gap-eul su itt-ge

Please let me return it to you

 

허락해줘

Heo-rak-hae-jweo

The love you always gave me

 

손을 잡아줘

Nae son-eul jab-a-jweo

Just hold my hand

 

I stood there shocked for a bit as she finished. She had such a soft voice and it went perfect with her guitar. It makes me also realize that I haven’t played the guitar for a while. Now I realize what I have been missing. I snapped out of my thoughts when everyone is the café started to cheer. Sunmi’s Unnie came on stage and took the mic.

 

“Alright give it up for my dongseng Sunmi. If you liked her today, her and her band Spades will be in the house tomorrow for our band night. So do come and watch them perform. No we will give off the stage to the karaoke machine and let you guys have your own fun. Just make sure to sign up before you go on stage.”

With that she and Sunmi headed of the stage. I followed them with my eyes to the counter where they both talked then her unnie shook her head and she disappeared behind the counter. I realized the reason I came here and went to the counter. Keeping my hat covering my eyes I started to speak to her unnie.

 

“Um… can I have 2 boxes of your coffee mix and one small black coffee please?”

 

“Sure thing, you must be a big fan of coffee ahjusshi.”

 

“Ah, Yeh… by the way that was your dongseng on the stage just now?”

 

“Yeh, my dongseng Sunmi, she works here regularly and plays sometimes on her own and sometimes with her band mates from school.”

 

“Ah, well, is she around, I wanted to congratulate her in person.”

 

“Sorry ahjusshi she left five minutes ago, I will pass on your congrats to her. Here is your coffee,” she said passing the coffee.

I paid for it then bowed to her and left. So she will be here tomorrow. Maybe hyung would like some more coffee I’ll come back tomorrow, but this time earlier…

 

Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun. I can’t seem to stop writing even though I have a lot to do. Oh well, here is the first part of today’s double update stay tuned for the rest…