Chapter 4

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

Chanyeol POV

Thursday snuck up on me like a cat pouncing on a poor unsuspecting mouse. In this case, I’m the mouse and my chemistry homework was the cat. Thankfully, I managed to get to university half an hour earlier in an attempt to quickly finish the 10 sheets before everyone arrived for our tutorial.

 

I barged into class and dumped all my bags and books onto a spare table. Thinking I was alone I began spreading out all my sheets and textbooks all over the table before I heard a chuckle.

 

“Well, well, someone seems keen for some chemistry..” Kris smirked at me from his desk at the front of the room.

“Ah! Mianhae Kris, I thought this room was empty…shall I leave?” I asked worriedly.

“Anni, anni, it’s fine! Feel free to stay in here! So what are you doing here so early anyway?”

“…Um…I forgot to finish the tutorial sheets for today…”

Kris feigned a disappointed face and I mentally slapped myself for staying up the past few days playing video games with Baekhyun.

“Hmm Mr Park, I really don’t want to see your face in summer school so I just want you to know that you will have to work hard for good grades in this course.”

“I know, I know, I promise, this is the first and last time you’ll ever see me trying to finish your homework on the day it’s due.”

Kris laughed again and I felt myself falling for him more and more.

“Alright Mr Park, I will hold you to that promise, now hurry up and finish those sheets! Class starts in twenty minutes.”

“Yes sir!”

 

I worked as fast as I could through the sheets but it was harder than I thought it would be, I had forgotten so much in the holidays and it was getting really annoying that I had to keep checking up basic concepts in the textbook.

 

Kris seemed to notice my frustration as he walked up to my desk and pulled a chair next to me.

“Hey, you seem to be getting a bit frazzled here do you need some help?”  

I immediately placed my arms over my sheets, I didn’t want him to see all the potential mistakes I had made in my chemical reactions.

“Umm, no? I’m fine…really…”

“Really? Because your ethylene has a triple bond when it should only have a double bond…”

I cringed and a blush rose to my cheeks, “Oh god, I’m so stupid arghhh!”

Kris patted my shoulder gently, “Ah, don’t be so hard yourself Chanyeol! You just need to revise some stuff! Hey, how about you come to my office sometime and we can work through some concepts? It’ll really help if you get the basics down now because it’s only going to get harder from now on.”

I couldn’t believe my luck! Getting to spend alone time with the man of my dreams in a small room sitting next to each other…. I was grinning so much it had begun to hurt my cheeks.

“Oh wow, that would be amazing. Thank you so much!”

“No problem! I’m usually in my office on Thursday afternoons and Monday mornings so whenever you feel like dropping in feel free to do so.”

I thanked him profusely as he stood up ready to start the lesson after a few other students began walking in.  

 

Kai walked into the room and dropped his bag next to mine.

“Hey Chanyeol!” Kai grinned.

I was so confused as to why Kai was smiling at me, this was a complete 180 degree change from Monday.

I hesitantly greeted him back and he smiled at me once again.

Sehun walked in a few minutes later and sat on my other side.

“Hey guys!” Sehun waved.

“Hey Sehun! How are you?” I smiled.

“I’m good! I had a really good date with my boyfriend last night..”

My eyes widened slightly at the word boyfriend and Kai seemed to pick up on this.

“Yeah don’t worry, I couldn’t tell he was gay when I met him either.”

Sehun chuckled, “You would not believe the reaction Kai had when I came out to him.”

I was still trying to digest this information before seeing Sehun’s worried face glancing at me.

“Hey…you’re okay with me being..you know…with a guy right?”

“Oh my god Sehun, yes of course! Sorry I completely spaced out just then..it was just..so sudden and well my gaydar didn’t go off on you…” I babbled.

Kai burst into a fit of laughter and I glared at him.

Sehun smiled graciously, “Okay good, I really didn’t want to lose you as a friend. And also, just letting you know that you set my gaydar off as soon as you walked into class.”

Kai nodded in agreement.

“What?! Seriously?! How could you tell straight away?” I huffed.

“You looked like you walked out of a Lacoste ad, your hair was crimped, you were wearing Giorgio Armani cologne, you were wearing a designer watch…” Kai stated, counting on his fingers. 

I pouted, “Okay, okay I get the point..”

Kai chuckled, “It’s not a bad thing! It’s good we could spot you, we love it when we can find a new addition to our group!”

I snorted albeit a still confused as to why Kai was so different today compared to Monday.

“Kai, if you don’t mind me asking, why…are you being so nice to me today?”

Kai chewed his lip nervously before replying, “Yeah uh sorry about that…I had a fight with my boyfriend before class on Monday and I was just in a terrible mood…”

I nodded sympathetically, “Oh no, I hope everything’s okay now?”

“Oh yeah, we’re fine now, we made up the next day.. Hey, you should come meet him! When do you have your break today?”

I checked my timetable before exclaiming, “I’m free after this tute actually!”

“Great! Let’s all grab lunch! Sehunnie text your boyfriend, okay?”

“Sure thing!”

 

I was so happy I had made a new group of friends in the first week of uni! I just hoped Sehun and Kai’s boyfriends would be as nice as them….

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you to all my commenters and new subscribers!! You'll all find out about Bacon's mystery man soon but uh let's just say that we have some really good guessers in the house hahah ;) hope you all enjoyed this chapter! ^_^