Chapter 8

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

The weekend passed in a blur of frantic cramming for my chemistry quiz and frequent meet ups with Baekhyun and Tao devising our plan. We never got much done though, Baekhyun and Tao were usually too busy playing footsie under the table and I was constantly texting Kai to try and coax more information about Sehun and Luhan out of him.

 

“Look guys,” I sighed for about the fifth time today, “If you’re not gonna help you might as well leave.”

Tao hung his head in shame, “Ahh, sorry Chanyeollie hyung, but Baekhyun hyung started it!”

“I did not!!! You stole my pencil so I had to get back at you!” Baekhyun retorted.

“I only stole it because you stole all my other ones yesterday!” Tao hissed.

I held my hand up, “Okay, that’s enough. You guys obviously need to sort yourselves out, alone. So I’m going to meet up with Kai and try and get this plan on the road, since neither of you seem to care.”

Baekhyun gripped my wrist as I was about to leave and whispered, “I’m sorry, I do care, but I just want to make Tao mine first…You understand right..?”

As much as I hated self-centered Baekhyun, I did want him to be happy; I rolled my eyes and nodded my head with approval.

“See you later, oppa!” Tao bellowed from the restaurant.

 

As I walked onto the busy street, I pulled out my phone and dialed Kai’s number.

 

Ring, ring.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hey Kai, are you free to meet up right now?” I chirped.

“Eh? Now?? Hyuuuung, I’m busy studying for our chem quiz next week!” Kai groaned.

“We can study together! Come to the uni library!” I suggested excitedly.

“Aish, do you promise we’re actually going to study? I don’t want to answer anymore questions about Sehun and Luhan!” Kai sighed.

“Neh, I promise I won’t mention them!” I said, whilst crossing my fingers.

“…Well, alright…I’ll see you in an hour..”

I pumped my first in the air, “Yesss! See you soon!”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

At two o’clock on the dot, Kai sauntered to my table with his boyfriend in tow.

“Annyeong Kai and Suho-hyung!” I waved.

“Hey Chanyeol, good to see you again!” Suho smiled warmly.

“Hey uh I’m gonna go look for some textbooks, I’ll be right back okay?” Kai said after dumping his books and bag next to me.

 

“Come sit here hyung!” I smiled whilst patting the seat next to me.

“Thanks, Chanyeol. So I hear you guys have a chemistry quiz next week?” Suho asked.

“Yeah…and I kinda need to get a really good mark on this…” I trailed off.

Suho nodded knowingly, “Ah yes, because you want to impress your tutor right?”

I blushed furiously, “Goddammit, Kai told you everything didn’t he..”

Suho chuckled, “Yeah sorry about that, a boy with lips as big as his means he has a pretty big mouth…”

“Haha, that’s okay...So you tell each other everything?” I asked hesitantly.

Suho paused before nodding again, “Yeah…and I suppose you’re wondering what my stance is on the whole Luhan and Sehun situation..”

I stayed silent, waiting to hear Suho’s opinion.

“Chanyeol, I know I barely know you but I just want to say, and I strongly suggest you heed my advice, to stay out of it.

“But hyung! I thought you guys were all friends! How can you let this happen to one of your friends?!”

“Chanyeol, Jongin’s known about this for almost three months, don’t you think he would’ve done something about this?!”

“..Well, did he?”

“Of course he did! They’re best friends! And Jongin’s always been over-protective of Sehunnie… Jongin’s noona sees Luhan a lot in clubs and bars and told him straight away that she thought Sehun shouldn’t be dating a person like that. When Jongin brought it up with Sehun, it almost broke their friendship. Sehun accused Jongin of being jealous and obnoxious and Jongin decided that it wasn’t worth losing their friendship over. Besides, Luhan does make Sehun happy…” Suho explained.

I sighed, “Okay, I get where Kai’s coming from now… but wait, one thing still doesn’t add up, why is Luhan even dating Sehun when he can sleep around every night; why tie himself down?”

Suho scratched the back of his head nervously, “Ahh, you see, Sehun’s family are quite..well off and Sehun is overgenerous. For their one month anniversary, he bought Luhan a Rolex watch…”

 

Oh hell no, not only was Luhan cheating on Sehun, but he was a gold-digger too?!

 

Suho saw my clenched fists and patted my shoulder gently, “Hey, we all want to help Sehun, but he..has to want to be helped you know? Sehun obviously adores Luhan, and well Luhan obviously has some feelings for Sehun..So please Chanyeol, for Sehun’s sake, try to stay out of it?”

 

I sighed heavily, “Fine, I’ll try and stay out of it, but so help me God one of you needs to hold me back next time I see that filthy bastard..”

Suho snorted, “Yeah, that’s how we always feel.. Thankfully we hardly see them around uni anway.”

 

Kai walked back at that moment and Suho and I hastily pretended to be reading our textbooks in front of us.

“You guys look awfully guilty, what were you talking about?” Kai asked suspiciously.

“Nothing sweetie, come here and help Chanyeol with his studying! We’re all rooting for him to get with your chem tutor!” Suho smiled sweetly.

Kai snorted, “Fine, don’t tell me. And aissh alright, I’ll help you get your man Chanyeol…”

I muttered a small Thanks to Suho before working on some tutorial problems with Kai.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

We ended up studying for five hours straight and Kai was so exhausted he decided to take a nap on the table. Suho made sure Kai was fast asleep before leaning over to me.

“Hey Chanyeol, so uh about all that stuff I said earlier, it’d be best if you didn’t let Jongin or Sehun know that I told you…”

I nodded quickly, “Oh yeah, of course hyung, I just won’t mention the whole topic in general.”

“Thanks.. Oh and you can go if you want, I’ll take him home later.” Suho said whilst pointing at Kai.

I smiled, “Yeah, I’ll probably go home and grab some dinner, we covered heaps today anyway, I’m sure I’ll ace the test!”

I fist-bumped Suho hyung before making my way home.

 

Along the way to the subway I felt my phone vibrate and saw a text from Baekhyun.

 

From: Bacon

YESSSSS! SUCCESS! WE’RE GOING ON A DATE NEXT WEEK!

 

I laughed at Baekyun’s childish excitement.

 

To: Bacon

Congrats Baekhyunnie! Did you ask him or did he ask you?

 

From: Bacon

Duh I had to ask him, poor thing is so clueless about these sorta things, must be a Chinese thing….

 

I snorted at Baekhyun’s boldness before replying excitedly.

 

To: Bacon

Haha, nice, does this mean I should be forward and ask my tutor out since he’s Chinese too?

 

From: Bacon

UH HELL. YES. But maybe get full marks in your quiz first?

 

To: Bacon

Yeah, yeah I’m working on it! Btw, I need to talk with you and your lover soon, let’s meet up tomorrow morning?

 

From: Bacon

Sure thing ;) Let’s grab brunch at the café next to uni yeah?

 

To: Bacon

Sounds good, see you soon!

 

I closed my phone and made my way inside my house and to my bedroom; ready for the busy uni week ahead.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So I'm curious as to what you all think of lulu now...haha >_< More Krisyeol/Baektao/Sukai coming up soooooon ;) Thank you SO much to all my beautiful commenters and subscribers, you guys make me smile so much :')