Chapter 9

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

For once I had woken up before my alarm clock went off and groggily made my way to the shower. I didn’t get any sleep last night; partly due to the many coffees I had drunk in order to stay up studying for the chemistry quiz, and partly due to my constant day-dreaming about a particular chemistry tutor.

 

After a nice, warm shower to wake me up I put on my favourite pair of skinny jeans and a navy v-neck shirt; totally unintentional that I just put together an outfit exactly like Kris’...I guess when you start liking someone you start unconsciously dressing like them..

 

The smell of pancakes wafted into my room and I decided to make my way downstairs.

 

“Ah! Chanyeollie, you’re up already?” My mum greeted me as I pecked her on the cheek.

“Neh umma, good morning!” I smiled whilst grabbing myself some orange juice.

“Why are you up so early? And why are you dressed so nicely?” She winked.

“Ehh, don’t be like this umma! I’m meeting Baekhyun later this morning.”

“Ohh you dressed up for Baekhyunnie?”

“What? Ew no ma, come on you know we’re like brothers! Actually, I’m meeting up with him and his boyfriend today.”

“Ah, what a shame, I do love that boy, and he spends most of his time here anyway eating my food and drinking our juice! It would’ve been easier if you just dated him.” Mum laughed.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, “Aishh…”

Mum chuckled softly before handing me a pancake whilst I got ready to walk out the door.

“I’ll see you tonight honey, have fun with Baekhyunnie and his boyfriend!”

“Neh, I will.” I waved as I walked out of our house. 

 

I reached the café a little early and decided to sit down at a table close to the windows so I could see Baekhyun and Tao walk in. A few minutes later I saw them strolling hand in hand and I waved at them.

 

“Morning Chanyeol! Lovely day isn’t it?” Tao greeted me.

“Hey Tao, it sure is! You guys are looking like happy little chappies!” I said as I winked at them.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged Tao’s waist, “Tao makes me very happy.”

Tao blushed as they both sat down and I called the waitress to take our orders; it took a while since the happy couple were so indecisive. “I’m allergic to blueberries.” “Ohmygosh, my poor baby, okay I’ll definitely remember that for next time.” “What about some bacon and eggs?” “Aish, too greasy for the morning! I need to keep up my figure for my handsome boyfriend.” “ARGH! Just order already you two!”

 

“So how have you been Chanyeollie?” Baekhyun’s face was one of concern.

“Yeah..uh..I found out some more information about Luhan…” I said nervously.

“What did that bastard do now?”  Tao muttered.

“..I found out he’s just with Sehun for his money…”

“SERIOUSLY?! That filthy scumbag! I didn’t think he could stoop any lower.” Baekhyun frowned.

“My thoughts exactly. But the thing is, Suho and Kai both told me to stay out of it..”

“WHAT?! WHY?! YOU NEED TO PUT A STOP TO THIS!” Tao was so outraged he accidentally spilt some of his coffee.

“Tao, as much as I want to get that disgusting person out of Sehun’s life, I can’t… Friendships are at stake, and I’m just an outsider…an intruder…”

“So you’re just going to sit there and watch as Luhan takes advantage of Sehun?” Tao asked worriedly.

“What can I do guys?! The two people who know him the best are asking me to not do anything…I have no choice but to listen to them.. But for the record, I’d be on that sleazebag in a heartbeat if they’d let me..” I sighed.

Baekhyun patted my shoulder, “Ah Chanyeol, you’re a good person. Too good a person in fact.. But you’re right, you should respect the wishes of his best friends, I’m sure they have good reasons for their decisions.”

I nodded slowly, “Thanks for understanding you guys..I just had to get this off my chest.. Alright no more sad talk, so, when’s the big date happening?”

Tao smiled shyly, “We’re uh actually going somewhere tonight but Baekhyunnie won’t tell me any details.”

“It’s a surprise! And it’s going to be a damn good one, I’ve been planning it the whole weekend!” Baekhyun smiled.

“Aww you guys are too cute!” I cooed, “Alright, I’ll let you guys have a moment alone, I’m just going to run to the bathroom.”

 

I stood up and started making my way to the back of the café towards the toilets when I heard a loud burst of laughter from a familiar voice. I turned my head towards the sound and saw Kris laughing at something his friend Yixing said. My eyes widened and was about to bolt towards the bathroom when I heard my name being called.

 

“Chanyeol?”

Dammit.

I turned around slowly and plastered a smile on my face, “Oh! Annyeong Kris hyung and Yixing hyung.”

“Hello Mr Park, it’s nice to meet you again.” Yixing smiled whilst sticking his hand out.

I begrudgingly shook the hand of the person eating with my crush and smiled back.

“What are you doing here?” Kris asked.

“Ah, I’m just having brunch with a few friends.” I said whilst waving my hand in the direction of Tao and Baekhyun.

Yixing looked over and snorted, “Looks like you’re the third-wheel…”

I turned to look at our table and saw Baekhyun and Tao in a heavy make up session. I mentally face-palmed myself and noted never to eat with them again.

I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment, “Yeah uh, they’re a new couple so they’re still in that honeymoon phase..”

Kris laughed, “Ah, young love..”

Yixing muttered something in Chinese to Kris, which made him blush before standing up and saying, “Look at the time! I gotta go, Chanyeol, why don’t you sit here and keep Kris company? I’m sure your friends won’t miss you.”

I shook my head quickly, “Anni, anni, I’m sure Kris hyung has more important things to do than baby-sit me.”

“Nonsense!” Lay remarked whilst pushing me into his chair, “He’d love nothing more than to eat with you! Alright, see you guys later!”

I waved awkwardly to Lay before looking at Kris and murmuring, “You don’t have to eat with me…”

“But I want to! Now quickly order something before I have to go back and teach.” Kris smiled warmly.

 

My bacon and eggs arrived soon after and I dove into them ravenously.

“Well somebody’s a hungry hippo.” Kris laughed.

“Hey! You try staying up all night studying for a chemistry quiz!” I said whilst waving my knife at him.

“Woah there, careful! And aww you stayed up the whole night studying?” Kris grinned.

“Well, uh yeah..I just..really want to eat that ice cream you know..”

“Haha, well I hope you do well too Chanyeol!”

“Thanks hyung.. So uh, you and Yixing..is he your boyf-“ I asked nervously.

“Oh GOD no, we’re just friends. He’s like my younger brother, we met each other when I first came to Korea and he showed me the ropes on Korean culture and stuff.”

I mentally jumped for joy whilst nodding, “Ah, I see, that’s good.”

Kris smirked, “Oh? And pray tell, why is that a good thing?”

My eyes widened, “Oh well uh you know it’s just like it’s a good thing for all those young pretty women out there who you know, might find you appealing because you know, you’re quite an appealing guy…man…”

 

Wow Chanyeol. Wow. Never speak again. I seriously wished a black hole would open up and swallow me right this second.

 

Kris stared at me for a few seconds before throwing his head back in laughter. He wiped his eyes in amusement before speaking, “Park Chanyeol, you are honestly the funniest person I have ever met.”

 

Okay cool, he totally ignored that weird rant I went on about his attractiveness to females. Good.

 

“Um, thanks..I think?” I said confusedly.

Kris smiled at me fondly before seeing the clock on the back wall and jumping up, “Oh crap! My class starts in 10 minutes, I’m so sorry Chanyeol I have to go, but I’ll pay for our meal don’t worry and I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

“Ah hyung, you don’t have to pay for me!” I called out.

“It’s fine, I don’t mind!” Kris winked whilst making his way to the cashier and waving at me before leaving the café.

 

 

 

This totally counted as a first date right?!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Ahhhh, it's been a while hasn't it? I'm so sorry I couldn't get an update out earlier! My last week of uni was super intense and I only had time to update today, eeeek! Anywho, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I loved reading all your awesome comments last time so hopefully you'll all leave me some this time too? ^_^ thanks guys! :)