Chapter 6

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

I must’ve looked troubled since Sehun placed a hand on my shoulder as soon as I walked back.

 

“Hey, is everything okay Channie?” He asked worriedly.

I nodded forcefully, “Yeah uh yeah everything’s fine..I  gotta go to my next class now, I’ll see you all later okay?”

I grabbed my bag and briskly waved to everyone.

 

My next two lectures dragged on for ages; it didn’t help that they were math lectures. Math was my weak point and unfortunately for science degrees, they were compulsory.

 

To make matters worse, Baekhyun refused to answer any of my texts, stating again and again that he wanted to speak in person.

 

By the time 4pm rolled around, I was bored out of my brain and was dying to see Kris for my private tutorial. I bolted out of the lecture hall as soon as the professor finished speaking and was outside Kris’ room only minutes later.

 

I was about to knock on his door before I heard laughter and a ..foreign language coming from inside. I paused and strained my ears to get a better listen to what was going on inside. Two male voices were speaking jovially in…Japanese? Thai?

 

Suddenly, the door opened and I hastily moved back.

 

“Oh! Kris you have a little visitor!” The mystery man winked at me and moved to the side to let me in.

 

I bowed to the mystery man and thanked him before making my way into Kris’ office.

 

“Ah! Yes! Hello Mr Park, come and take a seat! I’ll talk to you later okay Yixing?” Kris smiled at me whilst waving to the other man.

 

“Hi Kris, sorry about me interrupting your conversation with your friend.” I said apologetically. 

Kris shook his head, “Anni, it’s fine! Yixing’s in here like everyday anyway haha!”

“Before, I faintly heard you guys talking, but you weren’t speaking in Korean…?” I trailed off.

“Oh yeah I’m actually Chinese if you couldn’t tell from my horrible Korean accent..” Kris laughed. 

I gasped, “WOW! I did not know that…You don’t look very Chinese?”

“…Uh is that a compliment..?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

I cringed, Goddammit, Think before you speak Chanyeol!

 

Kris smiled whilst patting my shoulder gently, “All good, now, let’s get started with some chemistry! So how much do you remember from high school?”

I bit my lip, “To be honest…not a lot..I mean I went on holiday to America and Canada as soon as my exams were over and I seriously think my IQ dropped a bit every day…”

Kris nodded, “Ah, no worries I know what that feels like; I actually lived in Canada for a bit and I went there after my high school exams too. I had to relearn everything when I went into uni. It was horrible, but luckily for you I am here to help!”

“Wow! You lived in Canada? Your English must be so good! Ayo wassup Kreaseee?” I said in my best wannabe gangster voice that I picked up from my travels.

Kris’ eyes widened for a few seconds before he burst into laughter.

“Oh my God, OHHH MY GOD, you have to always greet me like that!!! Okay? Seriously, oh my god that was the funniest thing I’ve ever heard!”

Kris could not stop laughing for about three minutes whilst I silently pouted.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol, your pronunciation is great but oh my god, no one actually says that in real life hahahah!”

“What?! But that’s what my cousins in America taught me…They said everyone talks like that…Goddammit I’m such a fool..”

I buried my face in my hands and wished I could stop making such a fool of myself every time I was in Kris’ presence.

 

I felt a hand on my back and lifted my head out of my hands to see Kris staring at me.

 

“I’m sorry I laughed Chanyeol, you actually have a lovely voice, quite y actually.”

 

I gulped nervously, unsure of how I should react.

 

“Gomawo…hyung?”

 

A smile broke out on Kris’ face, “Okay, let’s actually do some chemistry now! Let’s start with your alkanes, alkenes and alkynes.”

 

“But they’re so boring!” I whined. “Can’t we just get to the good stuff where everything just explodes and turns into green slime?”

 

“Ah patience young grasshopper, you have to start from the very beginning before you can get to the interesting stuff.”

 

“Hyung, if you really want me to learn this stuff I think there should be an incentive for me…” I said slyly.

 

Kris paused before nodding slowly, “Fine, I don’t want any student failing under my tutelage. What do you want?”

 

I thought for a few seconds, tossing up between my two options before going for the safer one..

“If I get full marks on the quiz next week, you have to treat to me ice cream.”

“And if you don’t?”

“..I’ll be your personal assistant and clean your office, bring you coffee, anything you want for the next week.”

 

Kris his chin in thought before grinning, “Sounds pretty good to me! Let’s shake on it!”

 

I eyed Kris’ slender, long fingers before reaching out and shaking his hand firmly. Either way, it was a win/win situation for me; I just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Two hours later and I could safely say that I knew everything about organic chemistry now.

 

“Wow, good job Chanyeol, you picked up everything really quickly! I’m expecting full marks on the quiz next week!” Kris winked at me whilst I packed up my books.

“I’ll definitely try my hardest hyung, I wouldn’t want to let you down!” I chirped.

Kris smiled and I had to look away, afraid of him seeing my face turn into a bright red tomato (yet again).  

“Can I come again on Monday morning?” I asked.

Kris sighed, “Ahh, I’m so sorry Chanyeol, I’m actually meeting Yixing for breakfast on Monday…I’ll come in on Tuesday if you like?”

I mentally swore at Yixing in my head before plastering a smile on my face, “Yes please, that would be really good! I’ll see you on Tuesday then!”

 

I made my way out of uni towards the bus stop before getting a text from Baekhyun.

 

From: Bacon

Okay, I hope this doesn’t make you feel awkward but I invited my friend over tonight as well, is that okay?

 

 

To: Bacon

Haha which friend is this? But yeah no probs, I just finished my private tutorial with my chem tutor (!!!) I have so much to tell you, I’ll see you soon! Catching a bus to your place now, I’ll be there in 45 mins.

 

 

From: Bacon

Ohhh how exciting!!!! Can’t wait ;)

 

p.s: it’s my ~mystery man :P

 

 

To: Bacon

OMGALKSJWTJFLDAKSJDLAKSJDASLKWIJAD

 

 

From: Bacon

…yeah okay I expected that from you :P

 

I got on the bus with feverish excitement; I couldn’t wait to meet Baekhyun’s man and to also tell him about mine.  I tapped my fingers nervously on the bus window, wishing it would go faster.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: meeeeeeep, idk how to feel about this chapter :/ hopefully you guys liked it! ^_^ thank you so much for commenting and subscribing guys!!!!