Chapter 10

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

I polished off my plate of bacon and eggs a few minutes after Kris left and proceeded to make my way back to Baekhyun and Tao.

 

“So you finally managed to stop each others’ faces for a bit.” I smirked at them as I sat down.

“Oh god, you saw that?” Tao covered his face in embarrassment.

“What? Are you embarrassed to be seen kissing me? Your y boyfriend?” Baekhun pouted.

I rolled my eyes at him while Tao smacked the back of his head.

“Ow! What was that for?” Baekhyun cringed.

“Stop being so full of yourself! And well, if it was anybody else I wouldn’t mind, but Chanyeol was eating with my landlord!”

I took a double take, “Wait, WHAT? Kris is your landlord?!”

Baekhyun slapped Tao on his shoulder, “Why didn’t you say anything before?! You knew Chanyeol had a crush on his Chinese Chemistry tutor! You knew of one all along and didn’t say a single thing, pabo!”

“Aishh, I didn’t know! I thought it was quite common for young Chinese men to be chemistry tutors…” Tao said unconvincingly.

Baekhyun and I stared at him for a few seconds before he broke.

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry okay! I’m such a big pabo…” Tao frowned.

“Ehh, it’s fine Tao, we’re just kidding here! But this is great news, right Yeollie?” Baekhyun grinned.

I nodded excitedly, “Damn straight! This is my ticket in! You can totally invite Baekhyun and I over to your place and he’ll be there and I can casually bump into him..oh it’s gonna be brilliant!”

“Calm down Chanyeol, you’re smiling too much, you’re giving me pedo vibes again.” Baekhyun said whilst patting my shoulder gently.

“That’s an awesome plan Chanyeol!” Tao smiled, “Kris comes to our place on the last weekend of every month to make sure everything is alright and he treats us to dinner sometimes too! You guys should come over at the end of this month!”

 I let out a slight squeal and reached over to hug Tao, “You’re the best Tao!!”

Baekhyun pushed me back roughly, “Alright, that’s enough, hands off the goods!”

I stuck my tongue at him and rolled my eyes, “Yeah yeah, don’t get your in a twist Baekhyunnie! Anywho, I gotta roll like a buffalo now, class starts in 15 minutes for me, I’ll talk to you guys later okay?”

Baekhyun and Tao waved at me cheerfully as I made my way across the road into uni.

 

 

As I made my way into my first lecture hall I got a text from Kai.

 

From: Kai

Hey Yeollie, when’s your break today? :)

 

I smiled at my phone before quickly texting back a reply.

 

To: Kai

Hey Kai! I’m free at 2pm today, will you be free then?

 

My phone beeped a few seconds later.

 

From: Kai

Sounds good! Let’s meet outside the food court?

 

To: Kai

Sure thing, see you soon!  :)

 

The human biology lecture passed in a blur of half hearted note-taking and day dreaming. None of my other classes were as interesting as chemistry and I was eager to get this lecture over and done with so I could hang out with Kai.

 

The lecturer finally sensed our restlessness and decided to finish a little early. I clapped loudly at the end and ran up the stairs and out the door towards the food court. I reached the front in a few short minutes and found Kai already waiting there.

 

“Hey Kai!” I smiled and fist-bumped him.

“Hey man, how’ve you been?”

“Meh, can’t complain, classes are a bore.. Oh! I do have some exciting news though! I accidentally had brunch with Kris today!”

“Kris? ..As in KRIS OUR CHEMISTRY TUTOR?!”

I raised my eyebrow, “..Do we know another Kris?”

“OH MY GOD YEOLLIE HOW EXCITING! You have to tell me everything!!!”

Kai tugged on my arm excitedly and led me to a spare table whilst I began retelling everything that had happened to me this morning.

 

Kai face-palmed when I told him about my reply to why I thought Kris being single was a good thing.

 

“You are an absolute idiot.”

“...I know.”

 

And he disagreed with me that it was our first date.

 

“He didn’t even know it was a date!”

“But he paid!”

“He was just being a decent human being.”

 

But he definitely thought Yixing was playing match maker.

 

“Uh duh, it’s obvious he sensed there was something going on between you two!”

“Maybe he really did have to go and he didn’t want his friend to be lonely.”

“...Oh my god you really are an idiot.”

 

“And that’s everything that happened this morning until now.”

“Wow, you had a crazy morning!”

“Tell me about it. Anywho, how have you been? How was your weekend?”

Kai’s face fell slightly, “..It was…a bit strange. Suho and I had our usual date night on Saturday but he was acting really weird the entire night and he didn’t even kiss me good night when he dropped me off... I might just be totally overreacting but I don’t know, I think something’s up…”

“Ehh Kai, I’m sure you’re just jumping to conclusions! Maybe he’s just stressed about uni work.”

“But he always tells me when he’s stressed! And lately he hasn’t been answering any of my texts and whenever I call him he says he’s tired and will call me back later. Arghh, what do I do Chanyeol? I hate being this obsessive control-freak but...I’m just so confused and worried!”

 

I gently patted Kai’s shoulder and pulled him in for a hug.

“Hey, hey, it’s normal to be worried about your significant other! Look, I’m sure it’s nothing, but if you want, maybe I can try and talk to him? I know I just met you guys but maybe he’d be willing to open up to a semi-stranger?”

Kai looked at me with wide eyes, “Really Chanyeollie? You’d do this for me?”

I nodded assuredly, “Of course! You guys are my closest uni friends and are such a cute couple. It’d be my pleasure.”

Kai beamed and hugged me tightly, “Thank you so much Yeollie I owe you one!!”

“Haha, no worries, um do you want to give me his phone number now and I’ll chuck him a text?”

“Excellent idea, I have to run after this though, I’ve got a math tutorial in 5 minutes.”

“Cool, I’ll text him now and will let you know what he says. I’ll see you soon Kai!”

“You’re the best Yeollie, see you soon!”

 

I waved at Kai til he turned the corner and started composing my text to Suho. I had to be friendly but inconspicuous;  luckily I was the master of discreetness.

 

To: Suho

Annyeong hyung! How have you been? We should hang out sometime!

 

There! Short and sweet and to the point.

 

I still had an hour to kill before my next class and began taking out my chemistry notes to study a little more for the quiz on Thursday. I had just reached chapter 2 in my textbook when I heard my phone vibrate.

 

From: Suho

Hey Chanyeol! I’ve been fine, um, yeah hanging out sounds good. Are you free tomorrow night?

 

Yes! He had fallen into my trap!

 

To: Suho

Tomorrow night sounds perfect! Do you want to grab dinner at the pizza place near uni?

 

From: Suho

Sounds good, I’ll see you then.

 

I was happy that I could see my friend soon but also worried about what Kai had said earlier. Hopefully he was overreacting and I’ll be able to get a clear answer from Suho hyung tomorrow… But for now, it’s back to learning about redox reactions.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Ohhh dramalama in Sukai world! :P I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thank you as always for leaving me such amazing and wonderful comments ^_^