Chapter 12

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

 

 

When I woke up the sun had already set and my room was bathed in the glow of moonlight. I rubbed my eyes blearily and reached over to look at the time. My eyes widened as I realized it was already 5:50pm, leaving me 10 minutes to get to the pizza place and meet Suho. There was no time to change so I would be meeting Suho in my “special” jeans; I just hoped he wouldn’t ask about them, I really wasn’t in the mood to talk about Kris again.

 

My parents weren’t home yet so I left them a messy note saying I was eating with a friend near uni and flew out the door. I just made the bus as it was pulling away from the curb and tapped my fingers anxiously. I texted Suho an apology and that I would be there in about 20 minutes but I didn’t received a reply. Worried that he was angry, I ended up getting off a stop earlier since traffic was so bad and ran the rest of the way. By the time I reached the pizza place I could feel my heartbeat in my ears and could barely breathe. I tried regaining composure for a few seconds before deciding that I all I needed right now was a seat. I walked in and scanned for Suho’s face before finding him in the corner right at the back.

 

I made my way over quickly and greeted him happily.

 

“Hey hyung, sorry for keeping you waiting!”

Suho looked up, startled, “Oh Chanyeol! You’re here! Ah, it’s fine, I didn’t wait long!”

Suho was obviously frazzled and deep in thought about something, but my stomach couldn’t wait any longer and I suggested we order first.

 

“So hyung, how have you been recently?” I asked casually after telling the waiter our orders.

Suho sighed before murmuring, “I’ve been alright..”

I frowned slightly, “Eh hyung, you’re obviously lying! If you don’t want to talk about it that’s fine, but I really wish you would smile more! Look, I’ll be your happy virus! I’ll make you smile!”

I smiled widely trying to induce a smile from Suho but he merely sighed again.

“Thanks Chanyeol, but I just don’t really feel like smiling right now or for the rest of the week..”

 

Ah ha! A clue to Suho’s condition.

 

“The rest of the week? Why? What’s happening?” I asked quickly.

Suho’s eyes widened and I could see him debating whether or not to tell me.

“It’s okay hyung, I won’t tell anyone else. I promise.”

Suho bit his lip before finally spilling, “Okay, I’ll tell you but please Chanyeol, don’t tell Kai okay?”

“My lips are sealed.” I said with the cheesy motion of zipping my lips and throwing the key away.

Suho clasped his hands nervously before revealing, “…My mother’s in Seoul visiting for the whole week.”

I frowned, “And that’s a bad thing because…..?”

“It’s a bad thing because she doesn’t know about Kai! Or the fact that I like Kai! Or the fact that…I like…boys.” Suho muttered.

“Oh wow, hyung, you never told her?”

“How could I?! She’s talked about me getting married to her best friend’s daughter ever since I was old enough to walk. It would break her heart and my family if she knew about my real self.”

“How do you know that? I’m sure she would understand! You are her son after all.”

“Chanyeol, you don’t know what my family’s like. My cousin was thrown out of his house and is now no longer considered a part of our family since the day he came out to my aunt.”

“Jesus, we’re in the 21st century now! You’d think people would be more open-minded!” I hissed.

Suho nodded sadly, “I know…But my family is ingrained in its traditional ways and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.”

“Well, what’s your mum doing here this week?”

“She wants me to meet her best friend’s daughter.”

“Oh god, okay well just meet her and tell your mum you don’t like her!”

“It’s not that simple Chanyeol!!! My mother will not take no for an answer, and she’s been constantly ragging on me for the past few days, ugh, I am thiiiis close to just booking a plane to somewhere like Africa if it means she’ll be out of my hair for a few days.” Suho groaned.

I patted Suho’s shoulder gently, “Hyung, don’t worry, it’ll all work out somehow, look, I’ll help you on this okay?”

“Thanks Chanyeol, but I don’t see how you can…”

I thought for a few minutes before shouting, “Ah ha! I’ve got it!”

Suho snorted before I continued, “What if I come with you to the meeting and I’ll introduce myself as your best friend and then proceed to hit on the girl? I’ll charm her to fall for me and then your mother will have no choice but to stop pressuring you to marry her if she’s clearly in love with someone else!”

“Chanyeol, that is ridiculous. How the hell are you going to charm a girl to fall in love with you? You don’t even like girls!”

“I like my mum!”

“..That’s not what I meant. And anyway, I’ve never seen you charm anyone before. What makes you think you can charm her socks off?”

“Ah, a doubtful one I see. Okay, pick any person in this pizza place and I guarantee you I can get their number in less than 5 minutes.”

“Fine, if you succeed, dinner’s on me. But if not, you’re paying and treating me to another meal!”

I smirked, this was a win-win situation for me; getting a number from a stranger and a free meal.

“Go ahead, pick anyone.”

Suho looked around for a few seconds before spotting someone.

“Tall blonde guy sitting at the front with the other guy. There’s no way you’ll get his number, they look like they’re on a date.”

I winked at Suho, “Too easy. I’ll be back in 5.”

I stood up and sauntered toward the two guys, but just as I was about to utter my chat-up line (Hey, are you from Tennessee? Coz you’re the only ten I see), the dark haired guy sitting opposite stood up abruptly and ran out the door. I faltered; unsure if I should continue. As I was about to turn and leave the blonde guy turned his head around and a gasp left my mouth.

 

“K-kris?!”

Kris’ eyes widened as he slowly looked at me from head to toe.

 

Crap.

I forgot I was wearing these jeans.

 

“Ah, sorry to bother you Kris.” I murmured whilst bowing and slowly moving away.

 

I cringed deeply at my accidental run-in with Kris and started briskly making my way back to Suho.

 

“Wait!” Kris called out as he grabbed my wrist, “Please Chanyeol…”

My heart beat wildly at his sudden touch and I felt myself moving towards him. But then I looked over to the seat opposite him and it hit me. Of course, the person who had been sitting there was his boyfriend; it had to be. My head fell and I pulled my hand away from Kris’ grip.

 

“Mianhae Kris.” I muttered as I ran out the door.

 

I only made it as far as the park across the street before breaking down into tears. I can’t believe I had to witness Kris and his boyfriend on a date; it was as if the world was taunting me. First I had to hear about his boyfriend, and then I had to see it. My phone kept ringing and I saw Suho’s name flash up. I finally managed to calm myself down and stop the sobs to pick his third phone call up.

 

“YAH! PARK CHANYEOL! WHERE ARE YOU?!” Suho shouted.

“..Mian hyung, I’m in the park..” I croaked.

“What?? W-why?”

“Please hyung, just..come quickly.”

“Arrasso, arrasso.”

 

Suho made his way over a few minutes later with a take out pizza and pasta in hand. Upon seeing my tear stained face he immediately pulled me into a hug.

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong??” He asked worriedly.

“…That guy you sent me over to…that was my Chemistry tutor.”

Confusion clouded his face and I realized I had yet to tell him the full story.

“He has a boyfriend..that’s who he was eating with.”

Suho’s face fell as he pulled me into another hug, “Oh Channie, I’m sorry….”

I shook my head, “Anni, it’s fine, I just uh y’know have to get over this..it’s fine, I’ll be fine.”

Suho gently wiped the tears off my face with a tissue before nodding, “You’ll be fine Channie, you’re strong and you’ll find someone better. Also, I uh, would really, really like it if you came with me to dinner with my mother this weekend.”

I smiled, “I’d like that hyung, gomawo.”

Suho smiled back as he handed over a slice of pizza, “Come on, let’s eat, we’ve had way too much drama tonight.”

I accepted it graciously and we spent the rest of the night chatting comfortably under the moonlight. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: eeeeee, I'm finally back you guys!!! It feels SO good to have exams over and done with and now I can just write fic all day long teehee :3 I missed you all so much!!! Let me know what you all thought of this chapter! I hope you guys liked it :) <3