Chapter 16

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

 

“So, Chanyeol,” Kris says after a huge bite of his ice-cream, “How have you been?”

I played around with my banana and ice-cream and muttered a, “Fine, fine.”

Kris put his spoon down gently and coughed, “Chanyeol, I know things have been difficult between us but I really want you to know that I’m here for you and I always will be.”

Hearing his sudden sincerity melted my heart and I raised my eyes to meet his, “Thank you Kris I really appreciate it. I have to say, I really missed you, I mean talking to you. I’ve missed talking to you.”

 

Kris was speechless; but the evident blush spreading across his cheeks told me he felt the same way. I made a move for his hand and as I held his hand tightly, his other hand trembled and his ice-cream fell to his pants.

 

“Oh god, I am SO sorry Kris!” I spluttered.

Kris shook his head quickly, “Oh no, it’s my fault, I have such unsteady hands.” He laughed awkwardly.

 

I ran to the counter to grab some tissues and knelt in front of him wiping furiously at the ice-cream stain on his pants. After a few seconds of intense dabbing at the spot, I heard a soft moan from Kris’ mouth. I stopped suddenly and removed my hands from his pants quickly. Kris turned his face away from me and I stood up slowly before making my way back to my seat.

 

A few seconds passed before Kris turned to me, blushing even harder than before.

“Sorry about that, you uh were scrubbing uh kinda hard..and it was just..really near..”

My eyes widened after realizing what he was insinuating.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry..” I muttered in embarrassment.

“Ah no Chanyeollie, it’s totally my fault. I’m so embarrassed..” Kris groaned.

I patted him on the hand gently, “Don’t worry hyung, I’m glad I can make you moan under a single touch.”

 

Wow, I don’t even know where that came from.

 

And neither did Kris as he gasped before blushing again and we continued to eat our ice-cream in silence before bursting in a fit of giggles.

 

The afternoon passed in a blur of laughter and chatting; however, unbeknownst to us, everything was recorded by a camera from the bushes outside.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

After leaving Kris from our ice-cream date, I began making my way home since I was way too jittery and excited to concentrate in the remainder of my lectures. I was just about to open my front door when a figure jumped up from behind the bushes and I let out a girly, high-pitched scream.

 

“Jesus Chanyeol, I didn’t know your voice could go so high!” Baekhyun grinned.

“YAH!” I screeched.

Baekhyun winced at my loud voice, “Hey now, is that really the right way to greet your best friend whom you haven’t seen in like a bajillion weeks?”

I rolled my eyes, “Baekhyun, I facebook message you like every day.”

“It’s not the same okay!” Baekhyun sighed dramatically, “Now come here and give your hyung a hug.”

I sighed and gave him a half-hearted hug whilst opening the door. Baekhyun made a beeline for my kitchen and helped himself to some orange juice and a cookie whilst I sat at the kitchen counter.

 

“So, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Duh, to see my best friend of course!” Baekhyun winked.

“Shut up, you’re just here to drink my juice and eat my food!” I frowned whilst putting the juice back into the fridge.

“Okay, that may be part of the reason, you guys just have really good juice okay!” Baekhyun sighed, “But another reason why I’m here is to invite you over to Tao’s place this weekend!”

I scratched my head in confusion, “And why would I want to third-wheel you guys at Tao’s place…?”

This time it was Baekhyun’s turn to roll his eyes, “Yah you pabo! It’s the end of the month which means your hot chemistry tutor is going to be there too!!!”

“Oh wow yeah I totally forgot about that…”

“How could you forgot such an important thing?! When Tao told me what day I was going to his place, I literally pencilled it on every single calendar and I even wrote down a list of things I had to buy for the day and planned what I was going to wear…” Baekhyun droned on.

I held up my hand, “Alright, I get it Baekhyun. You were super eager to get some. Unlike you Mr Hornypants, I’ve only just recently locked down my relationship with my lover okay..”

Baekhyun gasped theatrically, “Boy say whaaat?” Spill everything right now!”

“Well, Kris and I actually just had an ice-cream date and um I think I really like him.”

“An ice-cream date?” Baekhyun frowned, “How old are you guys?  Like 10?”

“Hey! Don’t be dissing our dates! It was lovely and he was a perfect gentleman, even though he did..moan..when I touched..him…” I mumbled.

Baekhyun burst into a fit of giggles, “Wait, WHAT?! You touched him on your first date?! And he moaned?! Oh my god you guys are crazy.. And you call me Mr Hornypants..”

“It wasn’t like that okay! Look he was eating ice-cream and-“

“Whatever Chanyeollie, I’m gonna roll home now, I don’t want to hear any more of your weird ual ice-cream acts…”

“Yah Baekhyun!” I hollered at him as he walked out of my house.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Kris POV

 

I couldn’t keep the smile off my face as I headed back to uni. Chanyeol was utterly perfect in every single way and our date went off without a hitch..except when he had his hands all over me. Goddammit body, why you still gotta act like a pre-pubescent teenager?!

 

I made my way back into my office and was ready to start grading some test papers when I heard a knock on my door. I walked over to open the door and was greeted with my Chemistry Honours supervisor. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Kris-ssi, do you have a moment?” He asked gravely.

I nodded quickly, “Neh of course Sir, please, take a seat.”

We made our way to my desk and he placed a folder into my hands.

“Can you explain this?”

My brows furrowed in confusion before opening the folder and seeing a bundle of photos from my date with Chanyeol this afternoon. Photos of us holding hands, smiling, feeding each other..

 

My head was spinning.

 

Who could’ve done this?!

 

“Park Chanyeol; first year student studying a Bachelor of Science. You know him I presume?”

“Of course, he’s in my tutorials.” I whispered.

“And I also presume, Kris-ssi, you are aware of the rules and regulations of all our alumni in this university?”

“Of course sir.”

“So you are aware of the serious consequences that could ensue should you, an Honours student, were to engage in a relationship with your student.”

 

I gulped and nodded.

 

“Kris-ssi, I don’t want to see you leave. You are one of our top students and it would be a real shame if your talent went to waste.” He said kindly.

“Thank you sir.”

“So let this be a warning to you. If I see you engaging in any other activities with this boy or any of your other students, you will be dismissed immediately. Understood?”

“Thank you sir, I understand completely.”

“Good boy, now I’ll leave you to your work.” He stood up slowly and as soon as I heard the click of the door I sunk to the floor.

 

I felt my heart slowly ripping apart; someone out there was not happy with the fact that I was with Chanyeol. And if I wanted to keep my job and secure a job in the future, I wasn’t allowed to be happy either..

 

I brushed my fingers through my hair in frustration trying to think of someone, anyone who would do this to me.

 

Finally, it hit me. The one person who had been against my relationship with Chanyeol from the very beginning.

 

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number, tapping my fingers in nervous anger.

 

“Hey Kris wassup?”

“Shut up Yixing, how could you do this to me?!”

“..Wait..what?”

“Goddamit Yixing, I was finally happy and then you had to ruin everything for me! I know you didn’t approve of me dating a student but you could’ve just said that to my face instead of going behind my back!”

“Kris, what the hell are you talking about?!”

“I know it was you Yixing. I know you told my supervisor about me and Chanyeol.. I know you probably thought you were protecting me because we both know how much I need this Honours degree, but seriously you could’ve just told me!”

“Okay, wait just a second. Are you seriously accusing me of betraying my best friend?

 

I paused; he sounded seriously hurt.

 

“..Um, did you..not do that?”

“What the hell Kris I cannot believe you would just accuse me like that! I would never do something like that! And to think you had the nerve to call me and accuse me straight off the bat..”

 

His voice was getting angrier and angrier and I started doubting myself.

 

“Well if you didn’t do it then who did?!” I disputed.

“Seriously?! Um, I don’t know, maybe your flipping ex-boyfriend who’s also under your same department who shares the exact same supervisor as you?!”

 

Crap. I had made a terrible mistake.

 

“…Yixing..I am so so sorry..I just-“

“You know what Kris? Save it. I don’t need this, if this is the type of friend you are, I don’t want anything to do with it. Goodbye.”

 

Oh god, not only had I lost the love of my life today, I had also lost my best friend. What was I going to do… 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Eeeep you guysss, AFF wiped out this chapter so I just re-uploaded it again! Thank you for leaving so many amazing comments last time!! I had such a blast reading them but unfortunately they've been deleted too so I can't reply to everyone's amazingness, I'm so sorry :'(