Chapter 14

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

 

The weekend finally rolled around and I was getting more and more nervous with each passing hour. Tonight, I was meeting Suho’s mother and had to somehow convince his future fiancé to not marry him and to also convince his mother not to push him to marry someone. I was pretty much a modern superhero..

 

Kai kept texting me and asking me to hang out with him, but of course I had to lie and reject him which made me feel extremely guilty but it had to be done and I knew it would turn out well in the long run.

 

Luhan also kept texting me with pictures of various job ads and asking my opinion about them. As much as I wanted him out of Sehun’s life as soon as possible, I had to focus on Suho’s dilemma first and I told him we would get together early next week.

 

I spent most of the day pacing around in my room and writing down conversation topics and practicing them in front of the mirror. I wanted to be charming, respectful, friendly and funny in front of both Suho’s mother and future fiancé.

 

It finally reached 6 o’clock so I started making my way to the restaurant to meet Suho. When I finally made my way there, I scanned the room looking for Suho before accidentally walking right into a lady.

 

“Ah! I’m so sorry mam!” I bowed deeply.

The lady turned around and with a kind smile said, “No worries sweetie.”

I bowed again before calling Suho.

 

“Yah! Suho hyung! Where are you?!” I hissed.

“Mian Chanyeol, I’m on my way now! You grab a seat first! Mum is already there too so I’ll tell her to find the tall kid who looks like he’s on crack.”

“HEY! I do not look like I’m on crack!” I frowned, “I’m just..enthusiastic okay!”

Suho chuckled, “Uh huh… Anyway, I’ll be there in like 10 minutes, promise! You just sit down first okay?”

I sighed, “Neh, just..hurry up okay!”

 

I was about to call on the waiter to find me a table when the lady I bumped into before tapped my shoulder.

 

“Hello again, I’m sorry to bother you sweetie but I think I just heard you talking to my son.” She smiled.

“Ah! Mrs Kim! How nice to meet you! I’m Park Chanyeol, your son’s friend.” I bowed again.

Mrs Kim giggled and pinched my cheek, “Waaah, you are so cute and skinny! You need to eat more! Come, let’s sit down and order!”

She linked her arm in mine and we proceeded to follow the waiter to a private booth near the back.

 

“Sit next to me Chanyeollie, we’ll let the two lovebirds sit next to each other!” She said whilst patting the seat next to her.

I nodded and sat down.

“So Chanyeollie, what do you like to eat? Feel free to order anything tonight, Joonmyunnie speaks very highly of you and I’m glad I’ve finally met one of his friends!”

“Ah, kamsahamnida Mrs Kim! But shouldn’t we wait until the other two arrive?”

“Nonsense! We’re here first so we should eat first! They can eat the leftovers!” Mrs Kim said with a wink.

 

I was beginning to like her more and more, I couldn’t believe this was the same woman forcing Suho into an arranged marriage. She looked like someone who wouldn’t hurt a fly!

 

Just as we were about to call the waiter over, a pretty young lady walked towards our table.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Kim.” She said whilst bowing 90 degrees.

“Ah, Seo Joo-hyun, come, sit down!”

“Neh, kamsahamnida.” She said softly.

 

Although I didn’t bat for that team, I had to admit she was breathtakingly gorgeous. Her flawless skin was like porcelain; her glossy, jet-black hair framed her round face perfectly; she was tall and carried herself with elegance and poise. She was stunning.

 

“Joo-hyun, I would you to meet Joonmyeon’s friend, Park Chanyeol.” Mrs Kim smiled as she introduced us.

“Annyeong Joo-hyun!” I greeted her with a wide smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo Park Chanyeol-ssi.” She said demurely.

“Ah, just call me Chanyeol! No need to be so formal!” I smiled encouragingly.

“Neh..C-c-chanyeol.” She stuttered, as if it was a difficult task to drop the honorifics.

 

I was just about to ask Joo-hyun to tell me more about herself when Suho finally arrived and sat down in front of me.

 

“Mianhae everyone for being so late, I got caught up in traffic and it was raining and ugh, it was just terrible.” Suho sighed.

I nodded and smiled whilst Mrs Kim tutted and smacked her son gently on the hands.

“Where are your manners Joonmyeon? I would like you to meet Seo Joo-hyun. Joo-hyun, this is my son Joonmyeon.”

Joo-hyun looked up at Suho shyly and bowed to him. Suho smiled and bowed back before shaking her hand.

“It’s lovely to meet you Joo-hyun, I hope we’ll get to know each other well tonight.”

“Me too Joonmyun-ssi.”

 

The waiter finally arrived with our dishes and a moment of silence fell over us as we began to tuck into our food. I was about to take my 5th serving of samgyupsal before Suho nudged my knee and subtly pointed his head in Joo-hyun’s direction. Ah! The plan! I had almost forgotten! I nodded quickly and put down my chopsticks.

 

“Joo-hyun, where are you currently studying? You look like a very intelligent young lady.” I smiled knowingly.

“Ah, thank you Chanyeol. I’m currently studying at the Busan National University.”

“Ohh, Busan, what a lovely place! What are you studying there?”

“I’m studying a Bachelor of Science.”

“What a coincidence! So am I! What would you like to major in?” I said excitedly.

“Probably organic chemistry. What about yourself?”

“Oh god chemistry..yeah I used to like that subject but now I… Um anyway, that sounds good! I’m still not too sure about what I want to major in but it’s definitely not going to be chemistry..no offense.”

She giggled, “None taken.”

 

As the night went on, I grew to learn more and more about Joo-hyun and we discovered we had a lot in common. She loved to play the piano and when I told her I played the guitar she got very excited and wanted to see me play.

 

“Guys who play the guitar are gorgeous.” She gushed.

I smirked, “Ah, you think I’m gorgeous?”

She blushed deeply, “OH! Um, uh..”

 

I also learnt that she loved sweet potatoes and would eat them for almost every meal.

 

“I adore goguma.” She sighed happily.

“Ehh, goguma is gross!” I said whilst scrunching up my nose.

“How dare you! I should make you my goguma milkshake, it’s delicious! It’ll definitely change your mind!”

“..Does that mean you want to see me again if you want to make me your famous milkshake?” I said with a wink.

She blushed again before excusing herself to go to the bathroom.

 

I decided to go with her and finally seal the deal.

“I’m just going to run to the bathroom as well.” I smiled at Suho and his mum.

 

I managed to catch up to Joo-hyun and pulled her towards the corner of the restaurant.

 

“Hey, Joo-hyun, I just want you to know that I’m …really interested in you..and I don’t think you should marry Suho…”

Joo-hyun bit her lip nervously before apologizing, “Mian Chanyeol-ssi, I’m afraid I don’t feel the same way about you..You see, I already like someone else..”

My heart sank, “Ah..I see you already fell for Suho…that’s okay, I can see why you would, I mean he’s an appealing..guy..man…”

She shook her head quickly, “Anni, it’s not Suho…it’s actually..someone from my uni, his name is Yonghwa and we’ve already dated for 4 months already.”

My eyes widened and I smiled widely, “So you don’t like Suho?!”

She eyed me curiously, “I do..just..not in that way…”

I quickly lowered my smile and put on a more solemn look, “Oh, okay then..but why did you come to dinner tonight? You knew Mrs Kim was trying to set you guys up right?”

She sighed, “I know… but I just don’t have the heart to tell her that I’m not interested in her son.. Also, my parents would be really upset if I called this off..”

I patted her shoulder gently, “Ah Joo-hyun, this is actually really good news. I’ll tell you a little secret, Suho actually likes someone else too; he doesn’t want to go through with this marriage either…”

She looked up with hopeful eyes, “Really?! Ahh, that is good news!! I guess if we tell Mrs Kim at the same time that we don’t feel that way about each other, she won’t push us anymore..right?”

I nodded excitedly, “Exactly!! So let’s do it right now!”

“..But..I need to go to the bathroom..”

“The bathroom can wait! Your future marriage cannot!” I said whilst forcefully pushing her back to the table.

 

As I reached the table I pushed Joo-hyun back into her chair and announced to the table, “Ahem, Mrs Kim, Joo-hyun and Suho have something to say to you.”

Suho looked at me with wide eyes but I mouthed to him, “Trust me.”

Mrs Kim looked at the pair with a curious expression on her face, “Well..?”

Joo-hyun carefully looked at Suho and then me before finally speaking, “Um, Mrs Kim..I uh don’t know how to say this..”

“It’s okay sweetie, just let it out.” Mrs Kim smiled at her encouragingly.

“Okay..um, I just wanted to say, thank you for introducing your son to me, Suho is a lovely person and I really like him.”

“That’s great!” Mrs Kim said with a clap.

“Um…but Mrs Kim, I just..don’t feel anything for Suho..I’m sorry Suho.. And I am already dating someone in Busan Mrs Kim..I’m sorry.” Joo-hyun said softly.

Suho also chimed in at this point, “Mum, I want to thank you as well for letting me meet Joo-hyun, she is a lovely girl and I can see why you like her so much. But like her, I also do not feel that way about her…and I have someone else as well..”

Suho smiled at Joo-hyun and they held each other’s hands in support.

 

Mrs Kim paused and looking at the two with tearful eyes, “I..don’t know what to say….”

 

A sudden voice came up from behind us,  “I do.”

I turned my head to see… Kai.

“What the hell are you doing Kim Suho?!” Kai shouted.

Suho gasped and quickly let go of Joo-hyun's hand, “OH god no, Kai, no, this isn’t what you think!”  

Kai shook his head angrily before running out the restaurant with Suho following closely behind.

 

I looked at Mrs Kim and Joohyun’s shocked faces before sighing, “I can explain guys…”

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sneak Peak for next chapter:

 

“What is it Chanyeol? Why does your face look so pale?” Sehun said anxiously.

“Yeah, what happened, did you not get full marks?” Kai teased.

I shook my head confusedly,  “Anni, I uh, did get full marks, but look at this..”

 

I pushed my paper in front of Sehun and Kai and they read aloud the comment on the top right  corner.

 

See me.

 

“What do you think that means?” I said worriedly.

“Uh..I dunno..that he wants to see you? Duhh..” Kai said with a bored expression on his face.

Sehun slapped Kai’s shoulder, “Don’t listen to him, he’s an idiot. Um, this is good! Maybe he wants to confess his undying love for you!”

I rolled my eyes, “Sehun, you’ve been reading too many romance novels again.”

“Shutup! They had a 2 for 1 sale at the uni bookshop okay..”

 

I was about to insult him again before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey, Chanyeol, can I talk to you after class?” Kris asked hesitantly.

My eyes widened and out of the corner of my eye I could see Sehun nodding profusely.

“Um, neh, hyung..”

Kris let out a sigh of relief, “Great, I’ll talk to you then.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Oh god guys, where to start.. firstly, I am SO sorry for the lack of updates and also for not having any krisyeol related updates waaah I , I know..feel free to throwing flaming bags of poop at me :( also, this is so late notice but uh I'm actually going to Japan tomorrow guys!!!! So I won't be back with an update until the 19th, waaaah, I know, I , throw the bags of poop ahhaha :( but let me know what you guys thought of this chapter! I love you guyssss!!! <3